• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Whhhhy are a bunch of seemingly random but common words highlighted? I, have, may, my, because, God, won't... does anyone know of more?

Will, could, had, it...?
Gnosis i think you must have the auto something or other thing still turned on, i turned it off on my account to get that to quit.

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Online only has lag as bad as this right now, because Nintendo's Brawl servers crashed 2 days before the American release. It is currently running on a temporary server until the "expert" from Japan fixes it.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I've talked to people who had the Japanese version right when it came put and they still said it had pretty bad lag so i don't know if thats the only reason for the lag

Pyrotechnic Ninja

Smash Rookie
Thanks for letting me come on Saturday, that was the most fun I've had in a long time. But my god I completely forgot how to do anything in Melee. At least Fro got his Doc back pretty fast so we didn't look like scrubs, lol. Though in all honesty, I am kind of scrubby at Melee since I only learned about ATs about a year and a half ago and I can only play remotely decent with one character. I was hoping I would be less scrubby with Brawl and pay attention to ATs from the beginning but Brawl's future is looking pretty bleak. Oh well I'll practice up with my Melee a bit so next time I don't suck so hard haha.

Doomer

Smash Cadet
I am moving to Mountain Home this May, so i thought i would come by this thread and say hello.

If you guys need more people to play with (I'm guessing you do cuz it's Idaho) let me know, would be cool to get to know some fellow smashers. I'm looking to become as competitive as possible, which is hard playing alone.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=520

This is gonna be a pretty big tournament (hopefully) for Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and anyone else who wants to play. Exact date is not confirmed yet. June/july its hard right now cause oregon wants to do something big. So as soon as thats settled then we should have the date.

Tournaments:
Singles
Doubles
Single Elimination Special Tourny*(Suggestions?)

Prices:
Full (Singles and Doubles): $20
Half (Singles OR Doubles): $10
Quarter? (neither): $2
[prices are subject to change]

Prizes:(pot distribution %. 1st, 2nd, 3rd....and so on)
<16 players - 60, 30, 10
17-32 - 60, 28, 9, 3
33-64 - 50, 25, 13, 6, 4, 2
64+ - 40, 20, 13, 9, 7, 5, 4, 2

If you want to check out Real Life, the venue we're using, here's their site: http://www.reallifeministries.com/

If you have any questions/comments/answers either leave a shoutout on here or on my profile, Cake. Messages are fine too.

trying to get some dates that are probable from the events manager at real life still though.
i don't want to interfere or get interfered with other tournaments in the region so i'm going to try to plan accordingly.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Just so you guys know, Doomer is a homie of mine. I've known him for a while.

@Doomer
You can rock with us at Smashfests when we go to Boise. My cell number is 208 283 6120, so text me or call me some time. When are you moving back?

Also, join www.allisbrawl.com

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Ah. I'm (finally) going into high school next September, and my mom said she wouldn't mind me coming to some of the Smash stuff now. She's always worried, so I've hardly left Poky and Chuck for Smash events. I'm looking forward to Brawling some people here (except for BC and Knutz because they'll probably pwn me anyday. XD).

thespymachine

Smash Ace
thats what i was thinking.
i just don't want tons of people showing up on only a very few get prizes.

whatever.
i changed it to
4th - refund
3rd - 10%
2nd - 30%
1st - 60%

for now.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Confirm me as of now for Cake's tourny. In the meantime, I'll try to get my buddies in OR to come to this. In the meantime between this, Im in Idaho Falls and can drive to places nearby if people want to meet up for some friendlies in Melee, or Brawl. But I'd prefer melee ;p.

Espy

Smash Apprentice
The PNT Chubbuck Brawl tourney on Saturday turned out great. It was smaller than all of the other Melee tourneys they've had, but it was still fun. I actually placed this time. XD

Relhots

Smash Lord
i know im all dust in the wind to you guys, but i thought i'd let you know, im going to be on ESPN for bowling nationals!

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Just Action, check your PMs when you can. I'll drive to Meridian to come play Melee with pretty much anyone. I'll come to that Smashfest if you guys would let me ;p.

Top Bottom