• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

gnosis

Smash Lord
"The question isn't whether they'll win or not. The question is whether or not the tournament has silly, uh, for lack of a better term, 'scrubby' rules.

We're supposed to be rewarded for being good at Melee, not Amy's version of Melee."

I think that's something like what they'd counter with... not that I care, I'm not going, after all.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Hey, my name is Mick and i live in pullman WA which is right next to idaho. Tomorrow brawl comes out and I was wondering if there would be any smasher who may want to play brawl but did not reserve a copy to get tomorrow. The reason I ask is because i reserved a copy over in Moscow Idaho and I was thinking of just biking down there tomorrow. However it's not looking too good weather wise and while i'm not going to let a little bad weather stop me it would be alot better if there was someone who matched my earlier discription w/ some sort of transportation who might not mind picking me up to get the game. If there is, not only would i give them a lil cash but I'd let them play if they wanted to.

If there's anyone who might be interested you can message me on this fourm or if you have aim my name is msterb180. Have a great Brawl day!

gnosis

Smash Lord
So what do we all think of Brawl?

Right now, my feelings are..

very very fun

but also lacking the depth to make it an engaging one on one competitive game, at least as engaging as Melee is

but doubles still excites me.

Xeris

Smash Rookie
Sup :D

How's brawl everyone?

I found it great!
Lack of solid WD and Lag Cancel did not disappoint. I treated the game as something entirely new. :D

gnosis

Smash Lord
My problem is well... turtling is really good, but you can't do anything out of punishment because you can't combo. It's like playing hit for hit, with some cheesy **** like chaingrabs thrown in. Right now the 1on1 metagame looks like it'll end up being reeeeeally cheesy and lame.

But who knows!

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Tech Party tournament this friday featuring a brawl tournament!
Its at the Meridian Technical Charter High School.
I'll find out time and entry fee(just for the actual party) as soon as possible. It should be fairly well run since im friends with the kid in charge. No prize just fun brawl in a competitive setting.

Also I'm personally liking brawl quite alot. My new main is lucas although this early thats very much up for change.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I have a bad feeling that in a couple months smash tournaments will be brawl doubles and melee singles. The floatyness of this game is just aweful when trying to combo.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Like I said in the other forum I'll be in IF sometime between like the 22nd-30th so you should get something going, if you can get something going I've got a few friends that would probably show up if i told them about it.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Tech Party tournament this friday featuring a brawl tournament!
Its at the Meridian Technical Charter High School.
I'll find out time and entry fee(just for the actual party) as soon as possible. It should be fairly well run since im friends with the kid in charge. No prize just fun brawl in a competitive setting.

Also I'm personally liking brawl quite alot. My new main is lucas although this early thats very much up for change.
hey where the f is this? and when is this? you should make it like 6-630 so i can come!

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
yay i won the tech party! Sorry about not posting info about it but i have an extremely hard time getting this site to work right sometimes. Also I'm sure no one would have enjoyed it because it started at like 430, was really disorganized and took like until 930 to finish, and that was with 3 stock that eventually changed to 2 stock due to time, matches and about 30 ish entrants. Luckily it was no items and everything and for the final round they changed it back to 3(although i tried to make it all 4).

Results:
1. Trik/Scarykid (Lucas)
2. FYRE/Tyler (Pikachu)
3. Will (Olimar)
3. ? (Fox)

Thats all I remember from the results and unfortunately i'm really not seeing any of them getting into the competitive smash scene...

On a seperate note, is it just me or is kirby pretty good in this game?

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I actually did mention it in an earlier post. No one asked me for details besides knuttz and it was already to late.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
We should get some smashfests or at least monthlys going on! Online is great but the lag is lame

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Alright who was the funny guy that changed the idaho smash youtube page background. It is funny and kind of scary at the same time. Its only scary if you have a big monitor and have the internet browser window open the whole way cause there are like a million little monsters doing a hump/dance thing.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
By the way, Play N Trade in Chubbuck is absolutely ********.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
By the way, Play N Trade in Chubbuck is absolutely ********.
I saw the forums, i'm going to post something....the skill was lacking hardcore...BC and Andy almost got called on ONE plat dash on accident...i know that the community there wanted us to wavedash...because what one person said...that was the only way for us to loose. None of them have joined Allisbrawl either.. :( i'm sad...and they were going to email me the tio file...and didn't...not too happy at all...I still can't belive BC and andy got 3rd...**** Andy for not listening to BC, and BC being basically deathly ill by his final match...he was sleeping inbetween matches.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I didn't ask you to condescend my choice to prefer the better game, I asked if you wanted to play :p
ur such a goof. Ya, whenever we play next, I'll play a little melee along with brawl. We should play some 64 too. :p Playing fox will keep my fingers fast and playing jigglypuff will keep my skill up with olimar (jump fair, and keep good spacing)

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Ok this weekend we will try it out. Tell me a place and time, i'm free. We can make it a MM if you like.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Go for the big 20 if you guys MM...... I'll be in Utah so ya i wont be there but im still putting down 10 that knuttz ***** you, anyone think im wrong cuz i could use money for laundry.

Top Bottom