• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Espy

Smash Apprentice
... yeah. Thanks. I'm not the one that's making the rules at the Chubbuck tournament. Amy (Videl) is. All I'm supposed to do is advertise the tournament. So in that case, less insults headed in my direction would be nice...

Espy

Smash Apprentice
So, i'm about ready to publicly chastise the Chubbick tourney...More and mroe it pisses me off...Being sick makes me mad, which makes me mad at people...I'm trying to get things changed, but if it doesn't, which it may not....I'll dedicate a WHOLE THREAD to the making fun of the rules of the tournament. I think the nation would have a hoot making fun of the ruleset. :)

P.S. I say thing I may regret when I'm sick....and tired...and busy all the time... :( ...but **** **** **** ****....come on...Here are the rules....for real...

Game Rules:
-3 Stock (8 Min Time)
-All Stages On and Random
-Items Off
-Friendly Fire Off
-No switching characters (stay your character the whole tourney)
-Glitches are forbidden!! No Glitches at all! This includes no Wavedashing and etc. strategic moves!

somebody please stop me and my rampages....
Double post >_>

I got Amy to at least let other "strategic" moves in. She still bans Wavedashing.

artifice

Smash Ace
ahaha im glad i wondered into this thread

no wavedashing... ahahaahahahaha

wait wait...

ahahaaahaa hahahaha

EDIT:

BLAHAHAHAHAA AAAAAAAA HAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAA

edit2 im not done yet!!

ahahahahahaahahahaaa AHAHAHAAHAHAAHA

okay wait seriously though, l canceling isnt a glitch it was programed in, thats why it is in 64 as well. and short hop laser = not a glitch, short hoping is in the instruction booklet (i think) its like official somewhere, and then your just laser+ fastfall, and pillering, not a glitch just advanced technic. missle cancle, i guess is a glitch.

okay, i would go to this thing just to make fun of these people. ahaha.

oh man good **** god dang crazy noobs. aahaha...

Espy

Smash Apprentice
L-Canceling and the Samus Double Missle is allowed. Anything that does not involve Wavedashing.

And about the laughing at Idaho thing: These rules were influenced by PNT Corporate. Not just PNT Chubbuck. ;)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Double post >_>

I got Amy to at least let other "strategic" moves in. She still bans Wavedashing.
OK espy:
To me...you are earning good browny points...because you are just the advertising guy...since you have little influence on the wavedashing thing...we should direct insults toward you. My initial assumption was that you had alot of influence, and could change the rules. I've noticed with posts you do have influence, but when it comes to wavedashing, you can't. I really appologize to you.

Now for the PNT in chubbick...this place prob will probably just be laughed at..and not just in Idaho, but for, the whole smash community......Artifice...i love your post....you should have seem my reaction when there were no stradegic moves....

QraQ

Smash Ace
L-Canceling and the Samus Double Missle is allowed. Anything that does not involve Wavedashing.

And about the laughing at Idaho thing: These rules were influenced by PNT Corporate. Not just PNT Chubbuck. ;)
Still trying to understand the logic that Wavedashing is a glitch.
Cause apparently it is no matter what we and the developers say rofl.

-QraQ

QraQ

Smash Ace
OK espy:
To me...you are earning good browny points...because you are just the advertising guy...since you have little influence on the wavedashing thing...we should direct insults toward you. My initial assumption was that you had alot of influence, and could change the rules. I've noticed with posts you do have influence, but when it comes to wavedashing, you can't. I really appologize to you.

Now for the PNT in chubbick...this place prob will probably just be laughed at..and not just in Idaho, but for, the whole smash community......Artifice...i love your post....you should have seem my reaction when there were no stradegic moves....
"Alright now guys lets have a good tournament here and remember, try not to be strategic with you moves, it only leads to trouble"

I could see that being the opening statement to this tourney xD.

-QraQ

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Still trying to understand the logic that Wavedashing is a glitch.
Cause apparently it is no matter what we and the developers say rofl.

-QraQ
It doesn't really matter wheather Wavedashing is a glitch or not anymore. The point is it's banned.

QraQ

Smash Ace
It doesn't really matter wheather Wavedashing is a glitch or not anymore. The point is it's banned.
Well would you mind if I laughed at PnT and it's tournament still?
And I'm sure you'll say,"If you don't like it you don't have to come".
Im not missing this for the world cause I want to exploit the mistakes in this tournament.

Remember the motto to any tournament:

"If it's not stated, It's not hated".

-QraQ

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I...wonder...if my mom...would let me go tonight. If she did...hallelujah.

Will edit. I'm calling my mom and alch right now.

EDIT: Alch is going to ask. My mom says that Gas will be the problem most likely. Looking okay from us so far.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
LOL so i donno i think i broke my foot last night rock climbing........ nothing to do with anything but i can't stop thinking about it so i decided to post about it.

Sorry espy just pretend like my hate post was to that other person not you.

The reason i say short hop lase might be a glitch is because its the same as the samus missile **** because it cancels the lag of the laser animation when you land.

HBIC

Smash Rookie
bc...you have no clue what you are talking about....
Espy...can you tell us what exactly is banned? (wavedashing...wavelanding..short hop lazer...missle cancel? )

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Well would you mind if I laughed at PnT and it's tournament still?
And I'm sure you'll say,"If you don't like it you don't have to come".
Im not missing this for the world cause I want to exploit the mistakes in this tournament.

Remember the motto to any tournament:

"If it's not stated, It's not hated".

-QraQ
duna na na na....na na na nuhhh...

excuse me....while i kiss the sky.

duna na na na....na na na nuhhh...

excuse me....while I **** some kids....

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice
HOLLLY Crap! ur right dom...i have an answer....you can accidently wave land...only if the wavedash/land was unintentional...this gets better and better. :)....BC are you going for sure? better ask, and you better go with andy ! I want to bring home 4 copies of brawl from chubbick....
-knuttz

QraQ

Smash Ace
Well lets see

I'm winning 1
Buying 1 with credit
Buying the one I reserved

If Brandon does the same thats bringing home 8 copies including BC and Andy.
lol

-QraQ

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I'm going for sure and Andy is going for sure or so he says. And did brandon tell you the plan about splitting the store credit between 1st and 2nd so we can all just suicide the last game to make finals ****ty as hell and have the placings be like:
1st This Tournament
2nd Is a Joke
Or something like that, we might try to have different names if we can think of something better.

This is the vid of part of what we did to that kid over the weekend brandon lol
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29499213

And by the way WTF stohler what do you even post about?????

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So dom said in the power rankings he wants a tourney...what do you think...out of the box tourney? Whos place...my place? think we should do it? we will have quite a few copies of brawl..i'm pretty sure ill have 2-3, dom will have 2-3 and bc has 2 andy has 1 gnosis has 2...etc. :)

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I love how everyone already knows they are going to win copies...
Very interesting.
I was reading the Gamestop tournament rules and I was like WTF?? 1 min single elimination matches? Whith full items no doubt.... If this is not the true will someone please let me know? Anyway the fact that i'll be playing brawl is amazing. I still dont know who I'll be playing though. Probably Sheik. Oh well I'll see you all midnight this should be epic enough I suppose.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
They believe in so many copies because they are going to multiple tournaments and splitting up. BC, Andy, Knuttz, and QraQ are all going to the Chubbick tourney and Gnosis is going to roll in Meridian from what he's said.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Again, we are trying to get everyone organized and centeralized, and a head count of idaho!

http://www.allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=85

Please join, all of our tournies will be here, etc etc. all the good stuff.....get your friends to join too. we are trying to make the idaho community into ONE group...not a bunch of small groups! (i know i'm repreating myself...

gnosis

Smash Lord
Some of us have already won some, plus... Idaho sucks, we don't. :p I already have my two, and everyone else claiming to have some already has one/is going to Chubbuck which is a Melee tournament.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
But who says they'll win? I'm also going to meridian and its a brawl tourney, not melee.
ok scarykid...here is the logic.

1. Every play n trade Dom, BC has gone to. one of them has won.
2. Qraq has won every single Idaho tourney...except the FFA tourney....he got second. (he is my partner)
3. team attack is OFF....do i need more?
4. Last singles play n trade tourney...NO ONE in the community lost to a noob...(even MIKE...the tall guy who only plays me for fun)
5. Jigglypuff and Gannon Both **** noobs with bad spacing....

....there is more but nuff said.

Espy

Smash Apprentice
I live in Pocatello, Idaho and I use Sheik.

PLAY N TRADE CHUBBUCK, IDAHO - SMASH, BIRTHDAY BASH, AND BRAWL

Chubbuck, Idaho's PlayNTrade held the largest Singles PlayNTrade Smash Tournament in their history (500 some odd people) on April 13, 2007. They are planning to do that again with a Team tourney on March 8, 2008, just before Brawl. You can visit PlayNTrade Chubbuck at http://www.playntrade.com/chubbuck/. Join PNT Chubbuck for a costume contest lasting all day! Prizes will be $100 store credit for first, $50 for second, and $25 for third! At 5:00PM, PlayNTrade will cut a huge birthday cake in celebration of PNT Chubbuck's one year since opening. 92.1 THE EDGE will join us and air live for a few hours. It's snowed last night, so please bring something warm for standing outside (because everyone won't fit in the building). Also join us to get your copy of Brawl at midnight and stay after midnight to have fun with a minimized Brawl tournament (there will be little or no prizes). Read below for all Smash Tournament details.

Important Info:
- Mar 08, 2008 - 5:00PM
- Team Tourney
- Food will be provided
- $10 registry per person

Contact Info:
150 Bullock Street - Suite #4
Chubbuck, ID 83202
(208) 237-PLAY

Rules:
- Double Elimination
- No items
- Staff pick of stages (any stage can be chosen)
- 3 Stock (No Time)
- Friendly Fire Off
- No Glitches. (No Wavedashing or basically anything that makes you slide like a Wavedash)
- No physical harm to any players (outside of game)
- No switching between other characters. You use one the whole tourney.

Prizes:
1st place team: Each team member will recieve a copy of Brawl and some store credit
2nd place team: Each team member will recieve a copy of Brawl and some store credit
3rd place team: Each team member will recieve a copy of Brawl

PlayNTrade - "The Best Game In Town!"

The final rules.

Amy says, "If you say you're the best, you should be able to prove it by coping to the rules."

Top Bottom