• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
sooo... hi i'm new, so i looked up the idaho smash community. whatsup?

Im a 17 year old smasher in Mtn. Home, so you can add a mtn homey to your list.

ALCH, I play Marth mainly. My secondary is probly falcon, idk, it changes so often.
I play with my Friend HOOP, our names consealed for privacy (for now)
he mains Fox, seconds falco. he plays sheik sometimes probly for his third.

We have a little smash group of our own, basically some kids that we play at school's lunchtime, and from there we play after school sometimes.

Again, I'm from Mtn. Home, Idaho, so if there's anybody that's around that can come down and play a small tourny with us it'd be great. I'm trying to hold it (basicly a Smash 'Til Dawn format) on all weekends on Sat - Sun. And vice versa if anyone else is doing something simular. We've got a fun group here and I'd like to experience more people and playing styles, and just have more fun.

sounds cheezy, eh... what can i say? idc, i like to smash. Reply or private message me if you want to start something.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
sooo... hi i'm new, so i looked up the idaho smash community. whatsup?

Im a 17 year old smasher in Mtn. Home, so you can add a mtn homey to your list.

ALCH, I play Marth mainly. My secondary is probly falcon, idk, it changes so often.
I play with my Friend HOOP, our names consealed for privacy (for now)
he mains Fox, seconds falco. he plays sheik sometimes probly for his third.

We have a little smash group of our own, basically some kids that we play at school's lunchtime, and from there we play after school sometimes.

Again, I'm from Mtn. Home, Idaho, so if there's anybody that's around that can come down and play a small tourny with us it'd be great. I'm trying to hold it (basicly a Smash 'Til Dawn format) on all weekends on Sat - Sun. And vice versa if anyone else is doing something simular. We've got a fun group here and I'd like to experience more people and playing styles, and just have more fun.

sounds cheezy, eh... what can i say? idc, i like to smash. Reply or private message me if you want to start something.

HOLY CRAP. about how many? We can defenately get something together some time. Either in boise, or in Mtn home. Qraq is on the airforce base, so I'm sure he is down anytime hes not working.
If you have quite a few smashers..(like 5-10)...we should definitely do an STD...or get something setup at someones house sometime this year, perferrably after finals. If there is enough, we could do a tourney. :) I think the 10 of us would like to get some new people in the group.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
lol, after finals? like school finals, no worries for mtn. home, finals are a week into january. the smashers here though? psh... me and Hoop + 2 decent players, 2 advanced beginners, and a few others that im nice enough to let play but get so f****** fustrated by how much of a waste of playing time to the other players they are. ... bad english, oh well. Dont add the other players. So about 6 - 8. My sister's apartment is what i have in mind for my group's STD, but permission would be neccesary. Right now we're making plans for this Saturday, and for anyone reading this that is interested just reply back on it.

cool? cool. also texting would be good. 440-8220. if ur not available to the computer. say why ur texting too, so i know. And dont spam me, i have a very good and effective way of making u not do it again.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Wow that like almost doubles our smash community size. I can't wait to play against someone new. I have been playing the guys in boise for a couple of months and am still not up to their speed so it will be fun to see what level you guys play at.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
lol, after finals? like school finals, no worries for mtn. home, finals are a week into january. the smashers here though? psh... me and Hoop + 2 decent players, 2 advanced beginners, and a few others that im nice enough to let play but get so f****** fustrated by how much of a waste of playing time to the other players they are. ... bad english, oh well. Dont add the other players. So about 6 - 8. My sister's apartment is what i have in mind for my group's STD, but permission would be neccesary. Right now we're making plans for this Saturday, and for anyone reading this that is interested just reply back on it.

cool? cool. also texting would be good. 440-8220. if ur not available to the computer. say why ur texting too, so i know. And dont spam me, i have a very good and effective way of making u not do it again.
Finals are next week for me. I'm in college. But anytime after that :) I'm good. I don't really know how to decribe us out here like you decribed yourself. Maybe we can all milk match! I'll Milk match anyone with my zelda...except mark....:( ....I saved your number, I'll text you so you can have mine. I have an apartment, so my place is always an option....but with 16 people it is pushing it.

And there are two...two on MT home airforce base....Qraq and one of his friends on the base who doesn't play much...He will be the real test....He good with quite a few characters...

So do you guys wavedash etc? Anyone really want to milk match? Qraq also knows about that one!

Craztad...great vids...YOu do seem quite faster than before...I like your almost comeback on one of the vids. :) killer! and gnosis..i learned a couple things about shiek...so watchout!...ah kidding....so who is all going to washington?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Awww man thats so gay as soon as we get more people im going to be in IF for like a month so i wont get to play you guys for so long........well i guess i cant really complain with me going to Utah for a tournament this weekend instead or at least i will most likely be gooin u know. lame o well we should try to have a STD or something as soon as the new semester starts because thats when i get back from IF.

Those Vids make me look even worse than i did last time lol o well guess it shows how good i rally am haha, next time we need to record the entire time like we planed and not just wait for teams to start to start recording cuz i don't know about you guys but i don't like teams (no partner :().

craztad

Smash Journeyman
BC i will be your partner. jk. But ya knuttz that almost comeback was cool but my favorite is when you tried to use your jiggly ball roll thing and i backflipped into you to kill you in singles vid #5.

And if we record for a whole night it will be crazy trying to get the vids up. It took my computer 12 hours and 46 min to encode all these vids. Over christmas break i will make my program compatible with vista so qraq and his laptop can get started on these things as soon as the discs run out of record room during a smashfest.

QraQ

Smash Ace

Don't spam you? lol
Anyways ya Alch we can play any weekend I'm free. I live on Mountain Home Air Force Base so you're relatively close.
Closer than any1 else to play lol.
Just hit me up sometime so we could work **** out.

-QraQ

P.S. Get into 21st century and get AIM =P

gnosis

Smash Lord
We'll be more selective about what we record as well, so videos that are probably gonna be meh you don't have to trouble yourself with. Like the teams matches that were obviously just gonna be ******* around probably didn't need to be recorded, haha.

And welcome to the community ALCH and company. We've got a dozen or so smashers down here in Boise, only about 7 of which keep active. Then Qraq up there with you. All of various skill levels and mains.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Jem. if you see this we need to change our match to some time next week cuz i wont be able to play for a few days. So im thinking two not this saturday but next saturday, you cool with that?

Relhots

Smash Lord
And i'm the only one from Nampa huh
i might be able to get 2 other of my friends to play if its not that far away and if its not a school day.
We are pretty good but i dont know how good you guys are.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
i might be able to get 2 other of my friends to play if its not that far away and if its not a school day.
There should be more in nampa. I know there is mark...he's not on the boards, but he is pretty decent. If you look at the vids in a page ago...you will see 5 of us in action...

QRAQ said:
And Qraq...AIM is so 1999...

ALCHMY said:
and alchmy.....get your friends to join the boards too...I can assume you might be the organizer..but they should join just to take a look at what is going on in the community.

Relhots

Smash Lord
you guys are pretty good. how old are you guys 17 or something? its a dumb question but i got a reason. if i vs you guys i'll lose at first but i quick at learning at my mistakes.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Hey Guys;

I'm one of the Mountain Home kids. Alch and I are the ones that want to start setting this stuff up. Hit me up if you have any questions as well. I'm usually the driver to get our kids here to places to smash (Usually my house, as it's fairly large). I main Falco, sadly, but wanting to play more Falcon, Ganon, and Peach. I enjoy smashing, albeit I'm not the best, but It's something that's enjoyable.

To whoever asked about the wavedashing and what not;
Yea, we're familiar with advanced game play. I have problems remembering to L-Cancel and Jump-Cancel moves, which is bad seeing as I play Falco, but I can still combo decently. A lot of the kids around here just recently learned of the advanced techniques, as Alch and I have shown them videos and given them advice on getting better, and it's shown on a few of them. We have two cubes set up at school at lunch daily, so we play a lot of FFA and teams, and it's starting to affect our 1v1 skills lol.

Anyway, if anybody around here needs to get a contact around here, my email is bronzeriderlink@yahoo.com. It's also my MSN name. I have an AIM, but I rarely use it. That is Bronzeriderlink1. My cell number is 283-6120 if anyone wants to text me, just give me notice of who you are. I've actually played with a couple of you (Battlechrist I specifically remember ****** me) At a tournament in Utah a few years back. I was the insane noob that went with Stan Bessey (Shuuk) and his group. I'm actually still good friends with Stan, so if anyone has questions about me, ask him about Bryan Rich (being me).
My dad is also retired Military, so I have access to the Air Force base in town.

Looking forward to playing with you guys, can't wait.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
thank you for the welcome, it will be great to get together and smash. right now it's on short noticce but we're planning an STD on this saturday, the place is pending, but almost everyone is planning for it. Hopefully you can join

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
nampa eh? our school doesnt like nampa, except their halftime shows. yes yes, band. dont worry, drumline and band are totally different. i like ur shows. but u guys always win. sorry, enough of that.

nampa? uh, so if there's something held in boise that we mtn homies attend maybe we can play u.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
There should be more in nampa. I know there is mark...he's not on the boards, but he is pretty decent. If you look at the vids in a page ago...you will see 5 of us in action...

And Qraq...AIM is so 1999...

and alchmy.....get your friends to join the boards too...I can assume you might be the organizer..but they should join just to take a look at what is going on in the community.
alright sounds good. i can try. its basically me and hoop. I can be the organizer, Im the one origanlly that got on here to check out how we (mtn home) can branch out into other places and people.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys;

I'm one of the Mountain Home kids. Alch and I are the ones that want to start setting this stuff up. Hit me up if you have any questions as well. I'm usually the driver to get our kids here to places to smash (Usually my house, as it's fairly large). I main Falco, sadly, but wanting to play more Falcon, Ganon, and Peach. I enjoy smashing, albeit I'm not the best, but It's something that's enjoyable.

To whoever asked about the wavedashing and what not;
Yea, we're familiar with advanced game play. I have problems remembering to L-Cancel and Jump-Cancel moves, which is bad seeing as I play Falco, but I can still combo decently. A lot of the kids around here just recently learned of the advanced techniques, as Alch and I have shown them videos and given them advice on getting better, and it's shown on a few of them. We have two cubes set up at school at lunch daily, so we play a lot of FFA and teams, and it's starting to affect our 1v1 skills lol.

Anyway, if anybody around here needs to get a contact around here, my email is bronzeriderlink@yahoo.com. It's also my MSN name. I have an AIM, but I rarely use it. That is Bronzeriderlink1. My cell number is 283-6120 if anyone wants to text me, just give me notice of who you are. I've actually played with a couple of you (Battlechrist I specifically remember ****** me) At a tournament in Utah a few years back. I was the insane noob that went with Stan Bessey (Shuuk) and his group. I'm actually still good friends with Stan, so if anyone has questions about me, ask him about Bryan Rich (being me).
My dad is also retired Military, so I have access to the Air Force base in town.

Looking forward to playing with you guys, can't wait.
true dat bro. those games at lunch has affected my 1 vs 1 play. you know it too.

yes, also, my msn (only msn) is Imbeparmaion@msn.com
messenger and email. for all those that are interested

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
thank you for the welcome, it will be great to get together and smash. right now it's on short noticce but we're planning an STD on this saturday, the place is pending, but almost everyone is planning for it. Hopefully you can join
I'd rather it not be my place - My mom's been pretty tired this week and I'm getting over that chest cold.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I go to skyview not nampa high it sucks. so theres a tourny saturday? when will it end cause i have to bowl the Treasure Valley Monthly Tournement on Sunday. I got one of my friends to join and i'll see if he could come. Does it cost money to be in a tourny or not?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I'd rather it not be my place - My mom's been pretty tired this week and I'm getting over that chest cold.
I was thinking maybe my place...well my moms. I'm at a house this weekend, so maybe saturday night. I have to consult the misses....and see if we aren't doing something.

Relhots

Smash Lord
My friend is Ericbm2 and my other friend, who is probably the best player in the world with ness, is apparently moving to san jose but its not confirmed yet

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I was thinking maybe my place...well my moms. I'm at a house this weekend, so maybe saturday night. I have to consult the misses....and see if we aren't doing something.
I'd have to consult around town here to see who'd be able to go. Alch and I would probably be a go, but other kids would have to consult parents and I'm not too sure how they'd feel about going to Boise, unless we lied and said it was at my house or something. Would you guys over there be willing to let us East-of-Boise kids play there as well?

QraQ

Smash Ace
My friend is Ericbm2 and my other friend, who is probably the best player in the world with ness, is apparently moving to san jose but its not confirmed yet
You haven't seen mine or Gnos's Ness lol.
I was second top Ness in Texas next to Zulu =).

I'm down this weekend for an STD at Brandon's mom's place seeing that they are out of town.
Brandon must convince Jailene! Tell her I'll take yall out sometime to a nice dinner or something haha.
It's official I'm going back to Houston for vacation from Jan 7th to Jan 18th. Don't worry I stil consider myself an Idaho smasher but It'll be good playing my old element again.
They're even holding a STD (Smash The DeeV8) for me =D.
Well anyways Brandon let me know whats going on soon.
Hopefully work on Friday goes smooth so I can come out at a decent time of night.
We'll prolly be picking the new guys up too I presume?
If they can get permission from their parents =P j/k.
Peace.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace

I'm down this weekend for an STD at Brandon's mom's place seeing that they are out of town.
Brandon must convince Jailene! Tell her I'll take yall out sometime to a nice dinner or something haha.
It's official I'm going back to Houston for vacation from Jan 7th to Jan 18th. Don't worry I stil consider myself an Idaho smasher but It'll be good playing my old element again.
Hopefully work on Friday goes smooth so I can come out at a decent time of night.
Peace.

-QraQ
Ok Is at my house for sure. Mt. Home is invited. Dom, let me know if you need a ride...try to get a ride with alchmy if needed. Lets say 5pm again on saturday. WE need tv's etc. WE can have as many as we really can now. I want everyone to come. If MT home can get the 6...plus qraq, Josh, Barron, Kinx, Lemon, Tate, Bc, Metro Mike, you guys are comming for sure. Hands down. Even if i need to hunt you down. Nampa kid, you are invited too...and ill call mark. I think that would make almost 12+...which is huge for us. :)

Here is the directions for mapquest...the to field is already filled out.

Relhots

Smash Lord

Peace.

-QraQ
I dont need to see your ness ive made up my mind. Hopefully i can go but i need to ask my parents if i can go to play kids who are at least 5 yrs older than me and probably better than me just like Qraq said.:)
I might bring Ericbm2 do you mind?

not nampa kid call me Jon if you need too or Relhots.
And i gave you enough personal information for you guys to be able to call me!

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ok Is at my house for sure. Mt. Home is invited. Dom, let me know if you need a ride...try to get a ride with alchmy if needed. Lets say 5pm again on saturday. WE need tv's etc. WE can have as many as we really can now. I want everyone to come. If MT home can get the 6...plus qraq, Josh, Barron, Kinx, Lemon, Tate, Bc, Metro Mike, you guys are comming for sure. Hands down. Even if i need to hunt you down. Nampa kid, you are invited too...and ill call mark. I think that would make almost 12+...which is huge for us. :)

Here is the directions for mapquest...the to field is already filled out.
I'll quote myself again for the link. And its a smashfest. Invite any and everyone you can. So take who ever you want relhot. :) even if you have more people.

And one thing...One group of people is going to be suprized....
Either A. what you could call the older community will see how great these new guys are...
or B. The new smashers will be shocked at the level we are at...

Relhots

Smash Lord
its Relhots if you want to know what it means its my last name backwards!!!! Relhots = Stohler!! :) but it really is backwards. thats why i said i gave you enough personal information to be able to find me.

My friend needs to learn, I need to learn from my other friend but we might be able to handle you guys. you dont look so hard but i dont know. I could be wrong i havent played in a while cause i have to manage my bowling and the youth league.

This is a vid proving how good i am by messing up.:) Relhots=Jon Ericbm2=Eric

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0pVGkbNZpHw

knuttz45

Smash Ace
its Relhots if you want to know what it means its my last name backwards!!!! Relhots = Stohler!! :) but it really is backwards. thats why i said i gave you enough personal information to be able to find me.

My friend needs to learn, I need to learn from my other friend but we might be able to handle you guys. you dont look so hard but i dont know. I could be wrong i havent played in a while cause i have to manage my bowling and the youth league.

This is a vid proving how good i am by messing up.:) Relhots=Jon Ericbm2=Eric

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0pVGkbNZpHw
Look at the bold. I thought the same thing about the top smashers when i first started. I thought, man, none of these guys look super hard...I think I can beat them, it will only take a little time to get there...When you play for a while, you actually can judge your speed/skill vs. others. I look at the same vids now from back then, and realize....Now, I know that the top smashers can kick my butt. :p

...except mang0...no im kidding....

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice
Look at the bold. I thought the same thing about the top smashers when i first started. I thought, man, none of these guys look super hard...I think I can beat them, it will only take a little time to get there...When you play for a while, you actually can judge your speed/skill vs. others. I look at the same vids now from back then, and realize....Now, I know that the top smashers can kick my butt. :p

...except mang0...no im kidding....

So great there's going to be loads of guys in the house walking around with there big egos, *cough* QraQ *cough* and not a single other girl who i can smash with. why aren't there more females who smash WHY!!!!

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Dude nutz you know i can come to this im leaving for Utah tomorrow, and i dont have that big of an ego.
So, you are leaving to utah...you are stil coming!!
and the ego thing...talk to jailene about taht...i think she is pointing more toward dom. Dom's ego is the size of his head...but its not just smash...thats dom....and why we love him.

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice
So, you are leaving to utah...you are stil coming!!
and the ego thing...talk to jailene about taht...i think she is pointing more toward dom. Dom's ego is the size of his head...but its not just smash...thats dom....and why we love him.
Yeah BC "yeah ***" I wasn't talking about you it's more a less Dom, he's has the ego the size of Texas. we all know it, but we still love him anyways. So BC watcha going to Utah for?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think Simna has a better ness.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Im going to Utah for a tournament that looks like it's going to have 30ish people going and then im going back to IF for the break so i'll be gone for a while.

Top Bottom