• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Dan just give me a call or something, I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: @Din, hit us up anyway, the majority of us actually play Melee because Brawl sucks.
Alchemist, myself, and a few others live in Mountain Home and we play. We're willing to make joint roadtrips to Boise for Smashfests, too, as it's just good fun. Knuttz lives over in Meridian/Eagleish area. Other Eagle guys include Jack, Scarykid, and Churro lives in Nampa, if I'm not mistaken.

Hit me up sometime if you want to set something up and I'll make some calls. Call or text, doesn't bother me. 2082836120 is my cell.
Is Knuttz even alive anymore?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I thought I was good at TvC. Then I played someone who knew a thing or two. I sucked. I though just because I could do A+B+C+Baroque+A+B+C+ Special, I could do well against non-button mashers. Lol....no....

I'm a bit sick of Melee however. No one is really all that good here that I play, except jack, and so you just kind of screw around when you fight others. Jack also wins like 75% of the time, which isn't really fun on the competitive side of things.
you win 25% and youre getting bummed? daaaaaaamn lol. in washington i'd win like 10% of games with SW sometimes and those are the times you can learn the most. and it's still a blast

omfg idaho step it up

all you have is potatoes and your best sheik is a gay peach player from socal

Churro

Smash Journeyman
you win 25% and youre getting bummed? daaaaaaamn lol. in washington i'd win like 10% of games with SW sometimes and those are the times you can learn the most. and it's still a blast

omfg idaho step it up

all you have is potatoes and your best sheik is a gay peach player from socal
what? lol

anyways guys, it seems I'll be unable to host anything this weekend, the family deicded to do something special, as it's the first time my father's family is all in one place (it's been more than a decade, no need to go any deeper, but I do feel it's important I be there, as everyone else is making sure to attend.)

However, I'd still like to have people over on Friday night, from 6 to 11pm, maybe more.
It's been far too long than I've expected and I really want to play some **** smash/ SSFIV with you all,

my number is 208 249 8367, be sure to leave me a text with your name so I have your number

for those who don't know my address or you forgot:

18167 Harvester Ave.
Nampa, ID

see ya then :)

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Hey, thanks for having us Churro. Was fun.

For Street Fighter, I saw your strongest characters being Juri, Ryu, and Sakura, in no real order. I think your biggest weakness is not blocking enough, you let me get away with playing aggressive in a stupid manner and I didn't get punished for it. Also, when you get a focus crumple, especially with Juri, you should punish with Ultra off the dash. It's a consistent way to hit Ultra and it's good damage. You've got combos down, just need to work more on the blocking/footsies game and going for better punishes.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
been out of the house/room since.
Thanks for coming guys, I really needed some gaming done this week.

Turtlehoop and Zach, thanks for the SSFIV casuals, I'm slowly learning, but I'm getting the hang of it.
There are a few combos I'm unable to do on pad with Juri, so my biggest goal right now is getting a fight stick and learn how to use.

Turtlehoop, thanks for the invoice, I personally think I need to know every character's moves and blocking patterns. In other words, I lack serious matchup knowledge, I feel like I haven't really browsed through SRK well, am I suppose to read entire threads on the forum? I usually only read the main posts.

any advice, videos I should look at are welcome :)

as for melee....

Luigi.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Sounded like fun....
Starcraft 2 johns + family johns.
But yeah...
Before a lot of us go off to school in the fall... we should do another smashfest. Although I'm out of town the week before most everyone starts. Knowing my luck, well.... more johns.

@Turtlehoop
For your next Pokemon LPs, do a 'hard mode' run on any version.

>release a pokemon if it faints
>have to catch the first pokemon in each area and nothing else.

(Taken from nuzlocke's comics)

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
There's other games I'd rather do hard modes on, Pokemon isn't something that would be fun to do something like that.

Uh, I would just read match up threads for your character. I don't browse SRK and never really have, I just played Vanilla a lot for two semesters with my roommate almost religiously.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
LOL
I've been keeping Mario out of sight, no way I'm dropping Mario :)
I was making a reference to the sick upb I pulled out as I was switching over to SSFIV

"Alright, it's time to end this"
*wavedash back and forth, second jump back, thousand back flips, SHORYUKEN!!1
feels good man.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
It's not looking good for the Idaho community as of right now. If more people became interested in evolving our playstyle and overall performance I would probably consider.

johns johns johns.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I just became very interested, seeing as I can afford to actually go places now. Hit me up a week before so I can make sure I have the Saterday/Sunday/whatever free.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to come up with a legitimate way to spend precious time during smashfests besides random smash.

Cake pretty much did the work, really impressed by this, and I wouldn't mind testing this out.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=82591

your thoughts?

I personally think even the lowest (dungeon) would really help, as no matter what, the players rotate, whether it be 2 or 3, so even if for whatever reason you couldn't make it out of the lowest dungeon, you'd still be trading matches between two others.

With our small region (looking around 8 to 14 players) this is a win-win situation.

Smash Dojo, let's make it happen.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
I agree.

But for the problems that our smash community has is our time to do it and available schedules. School just started again = weekdays are out.

Now we get to pick between Saturday and Sunday, maybe even Friday night. Preferably during the day and not just trying to stay up during the night.

Hence turning it into "smashday" every week and being committed to make it happen.

Churro, if you have a place in hand (or seth's place), i would suggest Saturday evenings at 3 (or 5) until late. For example "late" being 10pm considering i have to drive back to Mtn. Home to work at 11. That's plenty of time for smash while keeping the interest of school sleeping schedules alive.

Then again everyone will probably ***** out and not go.

But i do support having time for Smash "dojo" :yoshi:

No U

Smash Journeyman
So who all in the Boise area still wants to play? My place is great for fests if I can get people to actually show. Maybe if I started holding something regularly I could get people to show up? Like every other week? I'm going to announce right now that I'm shooting for one the saturday after next, the 25th. (I could try next week if that worked better for people but I don't think that's enough time for you lazy ****s) Anybody who sees this try to tell everybody who could possibly come. If I don't have your number or you don't have mine text me at (208) 869-7758 and tell me who you are. I live really close to bsu.

Also I think Churro's idea is really good, especially for some of the padawans I've managed to convince to come lately. If we can get people to actually bring setups, that is. I have one setup and an extra TV that I THINK works. But anyways, try to spread the word, get hype. I might even consider letting some of you brawl fa66ots set up a tv if you can get people to come :D

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Eagle crew is like totally dead, we all went far away for college lol.
This. Westin is still in town, but he doesn't go to things alone. I always have stupid johns of why I can't go. I'm like 5 hours away regardless, so I'm not going home for a smashfest, so consider that an excuse or not.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yup. That's why I'm moving to Utah. I just got a job there. ^_^

Top Bottom