• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Wait... Where are we smashing?

That being said, I'm going Marth from now on. (Naturally) I want to try her out on humans instead of Lvl 6 Bowsers/Marios/Fox & Falcos, so... ya...
and Marth is a guy... with a tiara because he'z just a prince.
I might contact you about a ride too. To go sometime in the morning to have the whole day to smash. I'm to check out a guy's car tomorrow and said i could be up there like noonish. A nice 1996 honda in a lot better shape than my car... =(

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Im heading out on what my mom calls "The Mandatory Family Camp Trip" so I won't be able to smash with ya all.

No U

Smash Journeyman
So we're all just going to show up at Brandon's tomorrow? Sounds good. Hopefully my backpack will arrive today so I'll have my keys and can finally get my car back lol.

acllaim

Smash Cadet
Alright then, I guess we're going. Bryan, ride? Oh, and bring me a deck box. I don't have a single ****ing one, and I have my states deck to store.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Some things have came up, so I cannot go...

Let's just say: Mudkipz.
Dude wtf. Smash >>>> whatever it is you're doing on channel four.

Also, Qraq, as a DotA player what is your opinion of Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends? I'm considering getting into one of them when they come out since it seems like an entertaining genre, but I can't do DotA since I can't find my wc3 or tft cd keys.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I haven't called the fairgrounds yet XD

my phone is missing, so that gave me an excuse to not check the number here again and call from someone else's phone :D

I don't think I'll be going, since my chances are quite slim. I will try.
sucks, cause I've been getting way better at melee/smash in general.

Offline, melee, Peza (Alex), Erik and I have had good games last time we played. We even got around to falcon dittos XD

Online, brawl, Weruop (now 3rd in WA PR) has been training me since there's no one here I can play at a frequent rate, despite hating online, I've learned a few things. He's teaching me how to spot dodge and "BE SMART." aka slow tha PHOCK down and do opponent analysis.

Brawl+? Falco :)
I just hate not being able to do jump and special almost consecutative (to do extended or shortened illusions that look super cool :3), for some reason doesn't work in Brawl + you can still do the illusions, but aren't grounded

EDIT:I won't be able to make it, blazer not working so mom is taking car to a family party..

fffffffff/

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Dude wtf. Smash >>>> whatever it is you're doing on channel four.

Also, Qraq, as a DotA player what is your opinion of Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends? I'm considering getting into one of them when they come out since it seems like an entertaining genre, but I can't do DotA since I can't find my wc3 or tft cd keys.
I'm not Qraq, but I play dota so I'll say this...
Woah! Heroes of Newerth looks AWESOME. In my quick 10-20 minute research it looks like its a replica of dota on a better engine (Which requires you to now need a video card). They even got permission from the creator of dota, and it has some exact hero replicas like clockwerk.
Nice find, No U. However all of the eagle crew that plays DotA has integrated GFX except for my horrid 6800. When this comes out I'll definitely give it a shot.

acllaim

Smash Cadet
Y'all should just download MAME and get on some MVC1 and SSF2T action.

Double Warmachine > You

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Y'all should just download MAME and get on some MVC1 and SSF2T action.

Double Warmachine > You
Is MAME legal and what about the games? Like I already said, I can't get another DMCA or I'll get my internet connection cut from my computer.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
On the contrary, BlazBlue is an excellent game. It's just limited due to only 11 characters and only 3-4 of them being mainstream and winning 95% of tournaments. It's still very fun and the engine is very solid.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
My Brawl game has gone to hell, I think. I haven't played Brawl for the purposes of practice (this includes B+) in a few weeks and it's been mostly Melee...

I suppose it's a good thing. I can Wavedash with Martha proficiently now and L-Canceling is beginning to become a habit. I suppose it's for the best.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Naaaw, it sucks. Top tier's all variations on the theme of 'look at this impenetrable wall I hide behind!'. And the character design is so god awful ugly.

Its engine is like Guilty Gear watered down and with a few, not very interesting additions (like guard libra and ****). I do like the smash teching but I haven't played around with it enough to see if it actually plays out very well. Or you can prove me wrong with cool vids, especially cool vids of characters getting around the top tiers zoning in viable ways. It's not that hard to have a good engine in a fighting game nowadays, especially when you've already made a great one in the past, what's hard is to have a variety of entertaining matchups that you actually end up seeing in tourneys. BlazBlue doesn't look like that. But I'd love to be proven wrong, of course.

Play guilty gear!!

Mecakoto, good ****.

edit: kinda funny story. Since I suck at using sticks I used the Xbox controller when I played BB, and I set up the buttons a looot like Smash. Made the game really intuitive to control. Still didn't like it :(

edit2: Balance patches give me hope for it. And I'll admit that I dont know a lot about the game, mostly this post is an excuse to make you find me cool videos LOL

Top Bottom