• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

No U

Smash Journeyman
I'm housesitting for my dad right now and he has a couple tents (one of them's big enough for like 8 people or something) that I could take if we can't find any definite housing. Idk maybe there's something like a KOA down there. Or maybe we could get somebody to let us stay in their yard lmao.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
So Oats just answered back, left me his number and he said we can settle it in person when we get to the Ramada Inn (I'm pretty sure the bus is currently picking up people and they'll all be at the Inn today playing friendlies)
I'm going to go ahead and call once I'm at Knuttz' house so I don't go and make assumptions on my own. =)

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I heard No U Got 4th in his pool. I think Knuttz got 4th in his as well. Top 3 made it to the bracket.
Knuttz told me Alch get wrecked in his pool, and I dunno how Churros Brawl pool went, he was still doing it when I got called by Knuttz.
Knuttz and No U got Mango and Lucky in their doubles pool

gnosis

Smash Lord
Sooo.

How was genesis? Everyone feel like they got better?

Maybe we should smash soon... just to check.

According to the results knuttz tied for 2nd but he was actually one point behind the two people he tied with so IDK.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
So strangest thing went on today. I had moderator privileges on this site most of today. I think somebody ****ed up. but ya hows did genesis treat you guys. you have a blast or what. where in the hell did this armada guy come from. Hes my hero now. Anyone that can take shiz, m2k, and mango all in a row is one bad *** dude. I can't wait for some videos.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5667

My pool directly from aib:

1. Lunin
2. knuttz
2. blunted_object10
2. festizzio
5. SuperRad
6. Wikipedia
7. Samsonides101

unfortunately...i didn't make it out of brackets...i had 8 wins...vs. blunted and festizzio's 9 wins...but hey...blunted got 17th...i'm proud of him...i like canada guys!! :)

was kinda sad about it...:*( still...i wanted to make bracket....

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I got 4th of 8.

...but apparently I placed 0th of 0 on AiB XD

Me and Knuttz got wrecked in Brawl doubles, mostly because of poor decisions.

No U

Smash Journeyman
So I added up about how much stuff I lost off the top of my head and it came to $989. Not including the roughly 600 hours I spent on the games that were stolen and time wasted investigating stuff and the fact that I now have absolutely no way of communicating what's going on to anyone or getting anywhere or being able to prove who I am in any way.

So, I hate to be a **** and stuff, but this isn't really a "uh, my bad" sort of thing. Just replacing my phone, all my keys, my borrowed games and the contents of my wallet is going to come to about $400. I really hate to say this, but Alch, since you were the last person at the car it was your responsibility to make sure it was locked and stuff, so you kind of owe me. I'd be willing to ignore the cost of all of my own games/gaming accessories, clothes, missed work, all of that since it doesn't necessarily have to be replaced, but the cost of things that I am going to have to replace is on you. :(

Of course, I'm going to keep trying to figure out who did this and I'm going to keep bugging the hell out of the Antioch police (If I can get a phone lol) and if we can actually ID the kids who did it then I'm just going to be going to court with them for the full price of everything we lost and all that. Anyways I'm going to go start a pic thread in hopes of recognizing them while I still have the security footage in my head. Wish me luck I guess.

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh, **** that was your car that got broken into?
I'm really sorry, man

it was cool meeting you for like 2 seconds lol
sorry we didn't hang out more

No U

Smash Journeyman
Update: apparently someone at a bank in Antioch has my backpack, which still had a bunch of stuff in it; enough to identify who I was and get ahold of my dad. I have his number but couldn't reach him tonight. I'm going to try again tomorrow morning and get more details.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
That's great news Seth, I assume you're still at Brandon's place?
Good luck.
I'm going to be posting a blog on AiB tomorrow around 2 or 3 pm
sorry, I haven't gotten the chance to.

I'm also keeping an eye on the CSI: Genesis thread, so if you spot any smasher that looks familiar, I might be able to identify.

No U

Smash Journeyman
So the guy has our backpacks and most of our stuff. Apparently the kids threw the stuff over the fence and were going to come back later to pick it up or something, but this guy found it and was able to ID me because, you know, my SS card, like 8 forms of ID and all that crap was in my wallet lol. He has a couple suspects and should be able to figure out who did it with the McD security footage. Knuttz Alch and Churro you should probably all talk to him about what all you know and see what of your stuff he has. His number is 785 648 0776 and his name is James. I'm going to be attempting to work with him and the police to figure out these kids so... yeah. I'll tell you if I figure anything more out.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
No offense dude, but it's a bit foolish to leave so much valuable stuff all in one place-especially carrying SS card and ID at the same time. Aside from that, glad you got it back.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
My pool was: Me
Aniolas
Duvalin
Frotaz
Pink Shinobi
Ripple
SuperBoom

And I was *****. I left after the fourth person. That's ok though, I'm switching characters and i might do better.

Seth, I talked to James and he was going to call you again and talk to you about we are the ones to be pressing charges and that he talked to me. You should know this by the time you get back on here to read this. We need be pressing charges. all of us, to get our stuff back and more to get re embursed for going down there to prosecute their assets.

I need some smash in Mtn. Home. My power cable for my cube was taken in the theft.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
No offense dude, but it's a bit foolish to leave so much valuable stuff all in one place-especially carrying SS card and ID at the same time. Aside from that, glad you got it back.
Foolish to leave belongings in a car you'd expect to be locked with windows up?
0_o
last I heard, this is better than leaving it somewhere in the venue with 400+ people.
We didn't know the car wasn't locked.

We did make some poor decisions, like me, because I wanted to try more melee, I decided to leave the classic and wiimote in the car, never again =/, it was also a one time kind of thing. Throughout the entire weekend, I never let go of the classic, I always had it wrapped around my wrist.

Seth also experienced the one time ordeal, where he had never been without his wallet, but since he only had shorts to wear, he decided to leave his wallet inside his backpack.

in response to James having our stuff:

Highly doubting the classic is in one of the backpacks, since it wasn't in a bag. :(

Did you ask if your DS/games, cellphone were in there?
I'd like to hear more good news.

I'm going to go ahead and give him a call.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Highly doubting the classic is in one of the backpacks, since it wasn't in a bag. :(
that's the thing though. the wanted the game stuff or stuff of good value. Dom's twilight princess wasn't in my bag but it was taken. so even if it wasn't in a bag and you don' have it anymore, they probly took it.

Smash. Mountain Home. Give me a call. 590 2129. I'm working on Peach, but this does not give everyone the chance to work on a direct Peach counter. phags...

No U

Smash Journeyman
Going to give me a call, eh? Haha. Seriously though, my step-grandpa lent me his phone for the next couple days so if you want to get ahold of me it's 440-8072.

Smash this weekend? lol

gnosis

Smash Lord
Probably can't smash this weekend... I could do a small thing today or tomorrow, maaaaybe friday. Doesn't gotta be a real smashfest.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Evo is... in about a day. If anyone would like to come with me carpool with me and help me pay for some of the gas, call me at 208-260-0488.

Free Room, $10 for the Brawl side-even. Etc.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Just give me a call or throw me a text. I don't have your numbers anymore, I got a new phone.

Also, this is mainly for Dom/Ryan/Gnosis/Brandon, but watch the Smash videos I put up on my Youtube if you find the time. Zach and I want to see what we're doing wrong to improve.
www.youtube.com/user/turtlehoop
I'll edit later with my opinions after I watch them.

For actually good advice though I suggest picking which characters you really wanna work on, pick videos that you think you can learn the most from (i.e., don't just pick the videos where you ****, pick the ones where you feel like you had trouble and think someone could give you specific matchup/situational advice), and posting them in their character specific boards.

Speaking of vids, we should record more. I want Ganon critiques.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Yea, I'm planning on doing some set character sets in the near future. Really we're just looking for spacing, timing, and overall what generic stupid **** we should stop.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, I'm having problem with Marth v Ganon, and I know Zach is having problems in general against Fox.

Top Bottom