• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
i need peoples numbers. cell preferably. churro. scarykid. felix i lost urs. jack. fro. and you others.

EDIT:

!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANTE !!!!!!!!@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those going to genesis and have not Pre-Registered (ScaryKid and Churro) , go to the Genesis thread on here and find the pre-reg, If you don't then it IS extra cost at the door and i rather that you save that money. I'm also surprized that churro missed that when he was reading it.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
i need peoples numbers. cell preferably. churro. scarykid. felix i lost urs. jack. fro. and you others.

EDIT:

!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANTE !!!!!!!!@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those going to genesis and have not Pre-Registered (ScaryKid and Churro) , go to the Genesis thread on here and find the pre-reg, If you don't then it IS extra cost at the door and i rather that you save that money. I'm also surprized that churro missed that when he was reading it.

I honestly thought I had already
(I filled in all the info, but I guess it didn't go through, I do remember connection was being stupid that day) thanks a lot for the reminder, Alchemist. :laugh:

also, I won't be doing Melee at Genesis, I'm just not decent at it yet, I really wish to be though.

I know it's not like me to say this, but we must have Melee ONLY and Brawl ONLY tournaments in the future. I really enjoyed those 1v1 and 2v2 brawl matches we had last sunday, and I hope you guys did too.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I honestly thought I had already
(I filled in all the info, but I guess it didn't go through, I do remember connection was being stupid that day) thanks a lot for the reminder, Alchemist. :laugh:

also, I won't be doing Melee at Genesis, I'm just not decent at it yet, I really wish to be though.

I know it's not like me to say this, but we must have Melee ONLY and Brawl ONLY tournaments in the future. I really enjoyed those 1v1 and 2v2 brawl matches we had last sunday, and I hope you guys did too.
Churros right. If we want to just play to have fun (which doesn't really make sense, since were into COMPETITIVE smash), we should continue doing what were doing. However, if we break the smashfests into 2 (or 3, because for fun is good sometimes) separate kinds, Melee and Brawl (and mix), that way you focus on 1 game while you're there, and we don't have people arguing over set ups etc. It also provides people with an expectation of whats going on. No more, "I want to practice melee tonight" and show up and no one wants to play melee. I think you get the picture :O

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure it can work out if we all just bother trying....

I agree on the scheduling, Brawl only, Melee only, and then fun-for-all (Brawl, Melee, and Brawl+)

We all like challenges so here they are

I challenge you guys to play more brawl :)

I challenge you guys to play more melee with me :)

LEXZDOIT.

reward? better Idaho Smash Community =)

oh..
and this XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bCs8eu6hAs

gnosis

Smash Lord
My challenge is for Knuttz and BC to ever play me when I'm at their house lol. Last 3 smashfests I haven't played you guys outside of teams and the tourneys.

Good regions get good because good players play good players. I dont wanna go to genesis without maaaad practice.

And I can accept your Melee challenge churro but as usual no Brawl for me.

QraQ

Smash Ace
My challenge is for Knuttz and BC to ever play me when I'm at their house lol. Last 3 smashfests I haven't played you guys outside of teams and the tourneys.

Good regions get good because good players play good players. I dont wanna go to genesis without maaaad practice.

And I can accept your Melee challenge churro but as usual no Brawl for me.
I enjoyed our matches.
Your ganon specifically was my favorite to fight.

Churro you weren't doing so bad at melee, I just noticed alot of brawl tendencies you need to get out of is all.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Your ICs and Luigi are always fun to fight. ICs especially, you punish so much of my stuff that otherwise doesn't get punished in Idaho lol. Always helps speed me up and think faster/smarter.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Well, I am here to help with Brawl. I'm not M2K but I'm a reliable source of info, tricks and tips, and I play several characters that you'd likely see. I won't be going to Gen, though. =p

And this:

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Well josh if you want to come over some time today I'll play you. Usually when I decide to play smash at our smashfests people are only playing teams so i never really get many singles in.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Gnosis, but I was hoping you'd take on the entire challenge (although I did list them seperately, my bad) it's cool though...

and QraQ, yeah, I tend to try things from Brawl.
My main problem with Melee is control stick positioning, I'm so used to CC/Playstation that I can't seem to pick up the gamecube controller for smash anymore(Brawl as well). My thumb is not fast enough, I'll work on it plenty.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
I can agree to the whole "playing only melee or brawl on smashfests" up to the point that it doesn't bring our entire community together for one event. When some that play only brawl or only melee don't show up for the other game can miss out on experience and chances to get better and have fun by challenging themselves to the game they're not as good at. I can see that being the only problem to it.

And yea i should be in meridian around like 3:30 (Edit: Thursday) to pick up my car and drive over to Knuttz'. For anyone who would like to play some smash.

gnosis

Smash Lord
One thing I'm kinda good at it is figuring out how to make tech skill stuff easier on your hands and easier to do in general. This is because I'm really pretty bad at tech skill and in order to do anything I've had to find ways to make it work. So that's something I can give people help with.

Talking about Melee of course, there's no tech skill in Brawl lol

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
One thing I'm kinda good at it is figuring out how to make tech skill stuff easier on your hands and easier to do in general. This is because I'm really pretty bad at tech skill and in order to do anything I've had to find ways to make it work. So that's something I can give people help with.

Talking about Melee of course, there's not much tech skill in Brawl lol
Fixed.

10littles

No U

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind specifying fest tourneys as only one game or the other before we go there, so long as there's one tv with friendlies of the opposite game (unless it's brawl). I mean, we never really have time to finish our tourneys anyways so it would make sense to specify only one type of tourney per fest.

Also, what time exactly are we leaving for Genesis? Are we gonna pull an all nighter and show up when registration starts and then accidentally fall asleep during the first pools or what?

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Melee's amount of tech skill is so much larger than Brawl's that the distinction between none and some becomes insignificant. A dull, niggling correction Mecakoto...

Lol.
Aww, don't be like that. Brawl has it's share of technical things that take a bit of time to master. (Glide-Tossing, DACUS, Eliminating Lag on some Air attacks to name a few) It isn't the weeks that Wave dashing takes to both learn to do and use effectively, but still.

But, in the end, who really cares? It's not like being good at Brawl will get you much (good) recognition. =p

gnosis

Smash Lord
LOL.

Niggling means petty, of little importance, etc. No really, it does!

I'm just giving Brawl a hard time guys lighten up.

Especially LuigiKing. Reads two posts, gets confused and thinks it's the whole thread lol!

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
My tech skill is ok, I know it's my character specifics and combos I need to work on. But just dunno if I have that drive to improve anymore. After all, those of us without natural talent have to have diligence to make up for it and tourneys in cali/portland/etc. just seem too far and not worth it anymore. I'll root for you guys tho ._.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Dom, do you want some Brawl+ up there? I can bring it if you'd like, just give me or Zach a call. I can't text, I kinda sat on my phone and broke the screen.

Also, Felix, I noticed playing you there you were pretty technical and your tech skill was actually really good, you just fell for a lot of stupid **** quite often...and that's all I can do, is hope people fall for my stupid **** >_>
Although you should have won the Marth ditto, I'm still not sure how you didn't grab the edge when I rolled BEFORE you even UpB'd

QraQ

Smash Ace
Dom, do you want some Brawl+ up there? I can bring it if you'd like, just give me or Zach a call. I can't text, I kinda sat on my phone and broke the screen.

Also, Felix, I noticed playing you there you were pretty technical and your tech skill was actually really good, you just fell for a lot of stupid **** quite often...and that's all I can do, is hope people fall for my stupid **** >_>
Although you should have won the Marth ditto, I'm still not sure how you didn't grab the edge when I rolled BEFORE you even UpB'd
Ya you guys can bring Brawl+ that'd be cool.

I kinda agree with T.Hoop here about Felix. You've got tech game and your combos are solid you just have to be smarter. When you slow down a bit and think you do alot better.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have any advice for fox vs. ******** gay shield grab tech chase captain falcon? (I think you know who I'm talking about).
It really bugs me that I'm losing matches over and over again, even though EVERYTHING HE DOES I'M ALREADY EXPECTING, it still works regardless what I try to do to get around it.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Anyone have any advice for fox vs. ******** gay shield grab tech chase captain falcon? (I think you know who I'm talking about).
It really bugs me that I'm losing matches over and over again, even though EVERYTHING HE DOES I'M ALREADY EXPECTING, it still works regardless what I try to do to get around it.
Shield pressure and space moves to the back of their shield.
Always follow up moves with a shine it's faster than there grab animation. Timing is key.
And ya Jack does shield grab alot. Shield grabbing is basically a clutch people use when they don't know what else to do so be smart.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
haha, jack.... I think its because he gets it from brawl DK.
The shieldgrabbing thing you can get away from if you -----Lcancel----- and shine or double shine, since thats what foxes do..... Or what qraq says and space your moves to end up at the back of them.

joeplicate

Smash Master
mmm I don't know about that LOL

it's cool that you have some good rep coming, though
I finally get to meet No U, Idaho's finest poster *_*

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the pointers, I'll keep em in mind ha.
Wish I could go to genesis man, me and friends just broke and booked for the weekend anyway. But best of luck to you fellas and drive safe out there, friend of mine hit a cow on the way to cali from here so yea, be safe.

Btw, the reason I fall for alot of stupid **** is cause I stopped playing with competitive guys like you and stopped watching vids of pros as well. I never learned to anticipate some of these obvious tricks I fall for cause I honestly just dont know most of them. And to be honest, I can play smart but that kinda pace just makes me weary =.= I get easily bored after awhile, hence sloppy.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Since Scarykid isn't going anymore, I wrote up a blog to see if anyone can provide housing, or if anyone's willing to let us stay at their room at the Ramada Inn, currently on the front page.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=26621

I'm awaiting a response from Oats (Genesis Bus Organizer) and see if we could stay with them, or if there's any rooms left, if we could have one of them (he got them a bit cheaper than the already discounted price)

Top Bottom