• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Grunt

Smash Master
NEVER upload wmv's they're the largest filetype EVER.
stick it in Windows Movie Maker, Hit "Save to my computer" and it'll save it as something much smaller.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
Wavedashing is like integrated into my style. Not being able to use it would be like trying to unlearn kung-fu forms while you're fighting, it's ********.

QraQ

Smash Ace
It's really not as bad as it seems. I've realized wavedashing has less utilization that what I previously though, and only ledgeguarding is where I really missed it.
For you no, but like Felix said for people who integrate it into their game so extensively it's huge. I don't even walk with Luigi. No WD makes both of my mains 50% worse.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Daaaamn, I didn't know people could get so flustered when they didn't care about things.

Also I'll probably be able to go this tournament on Saturday.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Really, dang it. Gnosis. Cause Tate and BC are not going if it is Saturday. I want to make it the 28th. If I made it the 28th, who can't go the 28th? Stick for the 21st for now, but if everyone can make it still on the 28th vs. the 21st, we will do the 28th. But if time gets a crunching, then we will do it the 21st. Anyone thinking of setups? Rides.

Also, BC(if u go) and Qraq, we really need brawl rankings, and I want to see if we can look at the melee rankings too. Gnosis, you kind of randomally came out of no where...

TH:
And yeah, it really depends on person/character as well TH. You are falco. You need a little bit of it, if you want to combo foxes and cfs, with wave shines. Also, someone like me doesn't need it too often with jiggz, but where Qraq plays IC's and Luigi? what would these characters be without wavedashing? Exactly as qraq said...

QraQ

Smash Ace
Really, dang it. Gnosis. Cause Tate and BC are not going if it is Saturday. I want to make it the 28th. If I made it the 28th, who can't go the 28th? Stick for the 21st for now, but if everyone can make it still on the 28th vs. the 21st, we will do the 28th. But if time gets a crunching, then we will do it the 21st. Anyone thinking of setups? Rides.

Also, BC(if u go) and Qraq, we really need brawl rankings, and I want to see if we can look at the melee rankings too. Gnosis, you kind of randomally came out of no where...

TH:
And yeah, it really depends on person/character as well TH. You are falco. You need a little bit of it, if you want to combo foxes and cfs, with wave shines. Also, someone like me doesn't need it too often with jiggz, but where Qraq plays IC's and Luigi? what would these characters be without wavedashing? Exactly as qraq said...

Won't be able to go Saturday. I have to study all weekend.
Got a test next Wednesday that decides if I stay in the military or not lol.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So, it seems everyone I've talked to thinks the 28th would be a better Idea...so its the 28th. That gives more time to prepare also.

Qraq:
If you really want to combo heavier characters efficiently you need wavedashing with falco. you can waveshine and no matter the DI, you can still get the combo off. BC wrecks my cf all the time with that....

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209768

WA melee tourney. CAnada is coming down. anyone interested

Also yea im glad to hear that Idaho smash wouldnt ban wavedashing lol. As far as it being integrated into gameplay it can be huge but also very little depending on how and who u play.

falco mains might get away with not doin it if they dont waveshine. Falcon mains run and only wavelanding at the most is important.

if u main luigi or mewtwo samus mario bros etc then that sucks cuz thats how u move alot of the time lol

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Dang it KAOSTAR....My tourney is going to be the 28th...and unfortunately Probably won't be traveling untill the big one in June, and gensis in july. :)

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Obviously it's utility depends on the character, but I had thought it was too important overall previously, until I had to play that tournament without it. I understand how to utilize better.

And Falco doesn't rely on waveshining for combos, except on Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, and a few other fast fallers that it's forced to to keep up with their falling momentum. Characters like Peach and Sheik, though, you don't need to waveshine nearly as much, if at all.

QraQ

Smash Ace
So, it seems everyone I've talked to thinks the 28th would be a better Idea...so its the 28th. That gives more time to prepare also.

Qraq:
If you really want to combo heavier characters efficiently you need wavedashing with falco. you can waveshine and no matter the DI, you can still get the combo off. BC wrecks my cf all the time with that....
Rofl are you kidding me?
Especially heavier characters are easier to combo even without wavedashing.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Obviously it's utility depends on the character, but I had thought it was too important overall previously, until I had to play that tournament without it. I understand how to utilize better.

And Falco doesn't rely on waveshining for combos, except on Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, and a few other fast fallers that it's forced to to keep up with their falling momentum. Characters like Peach and Sheik, though, you don't need to waveshine nearly as much, if at all.
Wrong. Sheik needs it so much. For you to actually be good with her. Sheik needs as many tricks as she can to keep up with characters that actually have tech skill. Predictable ninja is predictable.

Humanzee

Smash Rookie
you need falco wavedashing to shine-combo fox, or else they can DI out of it

unless you live in idaho

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Dom, I know Sheik needs to wavedash. I said you don't need to waveshine nearly as much against Sheik as you would against Fox or Falco.

Apparently nobody realized the context from what I've said anything :/

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
First- Falco at high levels needs to waveshine to continue with the dair shine on opponents who DI hard it makes sure u get there. Also its the best way to shield pressure someone if u are in front of them and need to quickly get behind.

But I understand what you mean tho. Its not as important to the game as say l canceling. Its a nice tech/mindgame and helps improve some characters alot and can be used by everyone with spacing.

Second-its not my tourney. Its sylers. he holds them alot lol. every three weeks or so. this one should be a little bigger tho cuz Canada is coming up and im gonna talk with oregon and EaWA as well. Melee only.

just passing an invite in case any of you guys thought about coming. We never get to smash with you guys.

Third- Im tight/really cool

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Yea, I understand the waveshining for DI aspects, and it was hard not to be able to do that with no wavedashing at that PNT tournament, and that video'll probably show that I didn't follow up combos nearly as well/fell for a lot of stupid ****.

And you seem pretty cool, most oos people come in and flame us lol

Thanks Espy <3

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea, I understand the waveshining for DI aspects, and it was hard not to be able to do that with no wavedashing at that PNT tournament, and that video'll probably show that I didn't follow up combos nearly as well/fell for a lot of stupid ****.

And you seem pretty cool, most oos people come in and flame us lol

Thanks Espy <3
lol thats actually pretty funny

QraQ

Smash Ace
Characters like Peach and Sheik, though, you don't need to waveshine [[AGAINST]] nearly as much, if at all.
Maybe you should decipher your context lol.
And even so what does wavedashing have to do with anything when you are speaking of matchups? The need for wavedashing is not based on what character you're fighting against.

caKe said:
Waveshining can be used for anything and everything, and is absolutely necessary for a Falco player.
Falco has a multitude of other combos he can do, waveshine is just some of the easier to perform. I'm just saying if you took wavedashing away from falco it wouldn't affect him tragically cause quite frankly he's fast enough to pull off easy dair combos. IE Good falcos vs good jigglies.
He doesn't depend on it nearly as much as most other characters (Luigi, ICs, Mew2, etc).

alchemist amari said:
how bout ganon? lets switch from falco to ganon.
FVCK YOU! WALL TECH INTO WARLOCK PUNCH!!!

knuttz45

Smash Ace
It's the truth though. Cali got our power rankings thread closed for a while because of it lol.

And wow I suck in those videos. I got hit by the dumbest ****...
Actually it was the personal attacks that got the thread closed, not the Idaho sucks part. :)

Qraq: We going to team? Knuttqraqer FTW? Cause there is no enemy before love...

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Maybe you should decipher your context lol.
And even so what does wavedashing have to do with anything when you are speaking of matchups? The need for wavedashing is not based on what character you're fighting against.

Falco has a multitude of other combos he can do, waveshine is just some of the easier to perform. I'm just saying if you took wavedashing away from falco it wouldn't affect him tragically cause quite frankly he's fast enough to pull off easy dair combos. IE Good falcos vs good jigglies.
He doesn't depend on it nearly as much as most other characters (Luigi, ICs, Mew2, etc).

FVCK YOU! WALL TECH INTO WARLOCK PUNCH!!!
You said matchups dont call the need for wavedashing but falco against jiggz doesnt require it because you can do easy dair combos. Does this mean that falco v falco needs waveshining because u have to do more advanced dair combos cuz easy ones arent gonna get u nearly as fair against a skilled falco.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I know I was. I always have, and my replacement during finals for wavedashing was f smashing...alot.
I didn't have much else to do. I didn't want to dair a whole lot because of the gay downsmash spamming, which I still got hit with when I missed L Cancels on the pixelated TVs

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I know what you mean. During the games I had in my mind that I wasn't bairing a whole lot, but I knew I couldnt wavedash the spacing for it like I normally would...so my solution was to point my little yellow stick :(

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Hey gnosis did you go to the cancer fundraiser brawl tourney the other saturday at U of I? I just realized there was a small chance you were there and I simply had no way to recognize you... I am assuming you didn't go though, but my curiosity got the best of me =p

Top Bottom