• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Idaho Melee/Brawl Power Rankings***

craztad

Smash Journeyman
If i end up being a panelist i could only be a melee panelist cause i have no skill nor interest in the brawl side of it.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
you have to be both tatems...you odon't have to be good..i mean...come on...you're number 1 in melee....and number 3 in brawl!

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
how soon do we need to decide who it's going to be?
do we have time for qraq to get back or me to get to compation level?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
ok, so I'll just put the panelists with BC, Tatems and me at the moment. I'm getting this rolling because it may not roll once we go. The rankings right know should be soley W. Idaho because we can't really judge N. and E. idaho. If E was more active, we could, but they aren't in general. North Idaho is 8 hours away, and because of all the lack of players, and travelers, North and West should be separate. (and there are only 2 smashers in the north).
If these regions want power rankings, I will post them along side in a table format side by side.
There will be brawl and melee rankings top 5.
My one question is, Should we include Qraq in our top 5? He has been out of country for 2 months, and has 3 months to go. He left top in idaho in melee, and when he comes back will be top 5 again. Once this is decided, I'll put up melee and brawl rankings... and we can discuss from there.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I say we leave qraq out of it until he comes back. He is good enough that when he comes back he can earn his spot back at a tourny(probably big january tourny), cause i know were gonna do something when he comes back to get the whole group back together. And also we need to keep it current, if a smasher isn't here/inactive for more than lets say 1 to 2 months he/she should not be in the rankings we can put a little table of notable mentions for past idaho greats in a list or something so they aren't forgot about.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I agree with tate, the ranking need to be updated with current skill in Idaho and right now qraq doesn't even live in Idaho.
Alright, I'll be updating the rankings then for us. I have both brawl and melee rankings, then we will discuss! give me an hour or two...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Hahaha, Caption Falcon.

To the top five in Idaho, I challenge a $5 mm to all of you, especially BC and Knuttz ;)

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
The only problem is me and knuttz would probably be the only people willing to go to it but with only the two of us gas would be ridicules so i dont know how well that will work out. I'll see if i can get some other people to go but if its just me and knuttz then it probably wont happen.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Hahaha, Caption Falcon.

To the top five in Idaho, I challenge a $5 mm to all of you, especially BC and Knuttz ;)
ha ha...i caught that too...fixed it...and must of forgotten to save it before uploading it...:/ ..yeah...i forget things somethings......and....neighborhoodp....am i experiencing deja vu from last time idaho did power rankings? The pac west spammers will all want to money match us...we'll say sure...and because we are 15 hours away....we prob never will...but if i ever see you, i'll promise you a money match...

and your tourney...sorry...i'm out of country for most of November...so my December i'm staying home..catching up on missed time....

why especially BC and me thou?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
because ****** the best your state has to offer is fun

but i guess you guys don't take the game very seriously =/

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Its hard to take the game serious with such a small community, but those who are strong do take it seriously. Agh sometimes I just wished I lived in California for the sake of smash.

TheFro

Smash Cadet
Holy ****! I'm liking what I'm seeing! Out why of curiosity why doesn't it show our points?
P.s. I wanna play some outta state players sign me up!

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Ya too bad ill be getting ready to fly off to japan around the time of that tournament, i need to get ***** by some out of state players since im getting sick of getting ***** by the same in state people all the time.

Edit: umm forgot what i was going to add when i pushed edit, nevermind.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Bro, don't you like getting bro ***** by BC and me all the time? I mean...we have some nattie ice...its so fun bro!

JA....wheres my money! and the rankings were based on skill and last tourney...that being said...kinx doesn't own brawl...and i think it was his 3rd time ever playing brawl...he was mad because he kept winning...

BattleChrist

Smash Lord

Regarding MetaKnight and Brawl:
[/FONT]

10/11/2008:
All hosted Idaho Brawl tourneys should have Metaknight Banned as a character in addition to their rules.

10/21/2008:
When The community goes to a game store or Out of State tournament, they should have an honor system of not playing him if he is available. Anyone knowingly plays Metaknight in tournament verses another "True Idaho Smash player" shall be temporarily suspended from the rankings for a period. If a person does use MetaKnight in an Out of State tournament or Game Store opponent where all opponents were not "True Idaho Smashers", the tournament placing will not count toward power rankings.

[/CENTER]
[/COLOR]
This is real, just making sure everyone notices it.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
hes right...the last tourney we had...it was unanimous to ban metaknight...23 people...

h3$ r19h7...7h3 £4$7 70µrn3¥ w3 h4Ð...17 w4$ µn4n1m0µ$ 70 b4n m374|{n19h7...23 p30p£3...

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
You obviously don't get the fact that none of us even care. We live in Idaho. Plus, the majority of us here hate Brawl. Why waste our time going to out of state tournaments to play a ****ty game?

Noble-

Smash Ace
You obviously care enough to respond to my remark about Metaknight.

You obviously care enough to make a thread on Smashboards showing off your Power Rankings.

You obviously care enough to even BE on smashboards.

And you obviously care enough about Brawl to ban Metaknight.

amirite?

Lulz

craztad

Smash Journeyman
ye ist wrong, knuttz and maybe bc and a few others are the only ones who care enough about brawl to ban metaknight. You don't have to care to respond to a remark, turtlehoop didn't make the power rankings thread, and you most definitly don't have to care to BE on smashboards. The only obvious thing here is that you used "obviously" far too much.
The words in your avatar work perfect here. You Fail!
lulz

QraQ

Smash Ace
because ****** the best your state has to offer is fun

but i guess you guys don't take the game very seriously =/
I'll $20 mm you melee and brawl.

If you took the game more seriously you would understand the trash talkers should travel not the ones being trash talked.

Idle threats from a mediocre player obv.

Come come NeighborhoodPrincess =)

-QraQ

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i don't play brawl.

we're the bigger area holding the major tournaments. what has idaho ever done? trash talking you isn't much of anything since half of our area is better than your best. you money matching me in melee is just giving me free money, which is why your state won't ever even show up to a major OOS tournament

QraQ

Smash Ace
i don't play brawl.

we're the bigger area holding the major tournaments. what has idaho ever done? trash talking you isn't much of anything since half of our area is better than your best. you money matching me in melee is just giving me free money, which is why your state won't ever even show up to a major OOS tournament
So you're opposed to free money? lol

All I see is empty threats and no way to back them. That's what makes the internet grand!

Don't have much time for going OOS ya know with the whole defending your freedom "thing".

NeighborhoodPrincess suits you well drama queen.

-QraQ

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Dumb said:
10/21/2008:
When The community goes to a game store or Out of State tournament, they should have an honor system of not playing him if he is available. Anyone knowingly plays Metaknight in tournament verses another "True Idaho Smash player" shall be temporarily suspended from the rankings for a period. If a person does use MetaKnight in an Out of State tournament or Game Store opponent where all opponents were not "True Idaho Smashers", the tournament placing will not count toward power rankings.

this is easily the dumbest thing i've ever read on swf - and as a mod i've read some pretty horrifyingly dumb stuff.

Top Bottom