• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'd Telegraph That!" - Little Mac Video Thread

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
this is a bad match for me, so don't be a jerk judge me on that -- the only reason i uploaded is because the last hit is... weird. has anyone ever seen something like that? i don't think it's something exploitable, but i had never seen anything like that before.

Laitome

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0929-1203
this is a bad match for me, so don't be a jerk judge me on that -- the only reason i uploaded is because the last hit is... weird. has anyone ever seen something like that? i don't think it's something exploitable, but i had never seen anything like that before.

When zelda uses her phantom, a windbox is created with the phantom. That windbox pushed you ever so slightly off the ground but it didn't interrupt your momentum, causing you to fly off the stage. You clashed with the phantom and kept moving to hit zelda and win the game.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Thought you'd enjoy this.

But...

Oh my...

The quality.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Some context to this video, the Pikachu was an incredibly novice player but the DK is my Smash rival of over 10 years. It's a fun watch, hopefully you guys get a good laugh from it like we did.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Hello everyone, just signed up a few minutes ago. I figured I would just jump right in. I main Little Mac, and love him for the mind games and the power that he has. Here are a couple of videos of me using him. I am getting quite good,

Gimping with Mac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeFE_NCg6H4

Reads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxA4tMi7rKw

And what not to do with Little Mac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cj8eMFzG2Q

I hope I am posting correctly as I am new to the community. Thanks, and hey! Maybe we have fought on For Glory!

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
But there were no reads. That is my point.
My definition of a read might differ from yours. But I know what attacks he was going to do, and yea it was pretty obvious. He is a terrible Bowser. Just terrible. So I anticipated it, and reacted. What is your definition.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
My definition of a read might differ from yours. But I know what attacks he was going to do, and yea it was pretty obvious. He is a terrible Bowser. Just terrible. So I anticipated it, and reacted. What is your definition.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games#Read.2FReading

Example:
https://youtu.be/jvzroXg_sF8?t=1m12s

The lucario kept upB-ing into me, so I went for a bair and nailed him. Hence, I read him.

Simply landing attacks successfully does not mean you're reading someone. Holding an f-smash and hoping your opponent runs into it isnt reading them, either. So you labeling the video as "the reads!" is just plain incorrect.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games#Read.2FReading

Example:
https://youtu.be/jvzroXg_sF8?t=1m12s

The lucario kept upB-ing into me, so I went for a bair and nailed him. Hence, I read him.

Simply landing attacks successfully does not mean you're reading someone. Holding an f-smash and hoping your opponent runs into it isnt reading them, either. So you labeling the video as "the reads!" is just plain incorrect.
hey chill, man. the way you title your own videos is serious business now? we're supposed to support other macs on this board. no need to throw shade for something as insignificant as a video title.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
hey chill, man. the way you title your own videos is serious business now? we're supposed to support other macs on this board. no need to throw shade for something as insignificant as a video title.
It's not just the video title; there was nothing really worth seeing in that video beyond a bad bowser player.

You see people on here complain when they lose a game and the other person saves a replay and uploads it when they didnt do anything special. That's essentially what this is; a replay that isnt anything noteworthy being posted with a misleading title, simply because the player saving it won the match.

He also did not ask for feedback. Had StrapOnFetus been like "ok guys, here are some clips of me on FG. please tell me how i did and how i can improve," that would've been fine. But he didnt do that; he just posted some clips and said "I am getting quite good." Was this meant to impress us? To brag?

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
It's not just the video title; there was nothing really worth seeing in that video beyond a bad bowser player.

Well this argument is going nowhere. I disagree with you. I believe you are wrong. And your being a asshole, .

"But he didnt do that; he just posted some clips and said "I am getting quite good." Was this meant to impress us? To brag?"

Dont put words in my mouth.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Then please, by all means, point me to these amazing reads you were making (these amazing reads that were so good, they deserved to be recognized as the highlight of the video via the title), because I sure as hell cant seem to find them.

Also, you didnt ask for it, but I'm gonna give you some mac advice; less dash attack (unsafe), less running up-smash (unsafe), more down-tilt (safe+combo setup).

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
@ "Ghidorah14,

I already know all that, those are the basics, and your sarcasm is dully noted. But ill let you have the last word. I am gonna be the bigger man and drop this argument.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
@ "Ghidorah14,

I already know all that, those are the basics, and your sarcasm is dully noted. But ill let you have the last word. I am gonna be the bigger man and drop this argument.
Conveniently right after I asked you to show me the reads you were supposedly making.

You say you know all the basics, but you certainly didnt play like you did.

If you wanna go around pretending videos like that are gonna impress anybody, then I guess I wont stop you. I was just curious as to why you labeled your video "the reads!!" when there were, in fact, no reads being made. I mean, you were obviously proud of that video (for whatever reason), enough to save, upload, and share it, but beating obviously bad players isnt anything too spectacular.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! I'm back with another "vs a spammer" video. The last time was Mario, this time its Meta Knight. lol Anyway, as always I'm glad I even manage to take it down to the last stock just like before. Better happen to be now than get frustrated in a console tourney where it matters. Tips and feedback are a must. Not just for me, but for all the other macs main. I actually had somebody cheer me on before the match.
Skip to 2:24

tomvanharmelen

Smash Journeyman
Ghidorah, not everyone is ermahgerdMLGPro like you.

Killer, you roll, A LOT. Try spacing your regular dashes and moves better so you don't have to depend on the rolls as much.
Also, run -> roll backwards 10 x in a row isn't gonna do anything.
Another thing I noticed is your lack of fast reactions. it takes you a while to decide what to do next.
Try staying mobile so you can plan while you move.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! I'm back with another "vs a spammer" video. The last time was Mario, this time its Meta Knight. lol Anyway, as always I'm glad I even manage to take it down to the last stock just like before. Better happen to be now than get frustrated in a console tourney where it matters. Tips and feedback are a must. Not just for me, but for all the other macs main. I actually had somebody cheer me on before the match.
Skip to 2:24
what do you mean by 'spammer'? someone who throws a lot of 'safe' moves out all the time? that would be any good player.

i agree with tomvan up there, you roll a lot. i think the most dangerous approach that mk has is his dash attack/grab mixup. dash attack is relatively safe, as it's really fast and often moves too far past mac to punish oos. and of course, if they mix up with a grab, mac is going to get juggled. alternatively, the other dangerous approach that mk has is floating above mac and waiting for mac to commit to a laggy move and punish. afaik, patience is the key. don't get baited by mk's fsmash (it's one of the safest in the game in terms of endlag). if you see mk dashing at you from far away enough, you could dash trot backwards and pivot fsmash. it will super armor the dash attack and also cover the grab option unless you did not space it correctly. otherwise, like i said just be very patient and you should be able to find openings.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm not an "MLG pro." I'm just an average player. You dont have to be a pro to notice the severe mislabeling of a video, or to be able to recognize what a read is.
If he made a mistake, just correct him, don't have to be a douche about it, seriously.

this is why I haate coming to these forums, so much drama over nothing at all.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Three sets - there's more, but he only uploaded these three - of J.A.P.A.N's Little Mac vs. Cyro's Falco.

[Set 1], [Set 2], and [Set 3]. Set 2 had the calmest fight I have ever seen.

Also, Sol, I love your Little Mac gameplay and I would love to pick up Little Mac, except I don't want to wreck my 3DS's Circle Pad, so that's going to have to wait until I get a Wii U. :p

Last edited:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Three sets - there's more, but he only uploaded these three - of J.A.P.A.N's Little Mac vs. Cyro's Falco.

[Set 1], [Set 2], and [Set 3]. Set 2 had the calmest fight I have ever seen.

Also, Sol, I love your Little Mac gameplay and I would love to pick up Little Mac, except I don't want to wreck my 3DS's Circle Pad, so that's going to have to wait until I get a Wii U. :p
cant wait to have another mac in the fold!

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
just to be clear on that gfycat, your input is: dash right off platform, midair tap left quickly and release back to neutral, then 'special'?
You are correct. That is the U-Turn Ko punch, as Japan has coined the term.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Okay, and with that in mind here is the finals grand finals footage directly vs m2k and day in CFL regionals.

Sol I am such a huuggee fan of yours! A question for you, are you ever gonna stream a Unbeatable or For Glory videos and post them on youtube? Your Mac is Legendary!

Laitome

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0929-1203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szpQsWT4QYQ&index=10&list=PLFCNSvQMBJplhshzAjGBpmC5j_aL82Ku8

Have had a few more of my tournament sets, the new ones are the first two. Now for my personal analysis

A month after the game below, this ends in a 2-1 Shinobi. Note there were recording issues during the stream so there is a freeze in game 2.

First game: I lose my stock by jumping into Zoey to touch the ground only to get fair'd off stage before I land, I try to recover but Zoey pulls a solid edge guard. I take his stock soon after by shielding a weak hit fair into up-smash. At this point I take a huge momentum lead only for me to mis-read and get carried off-stage. I try to recover and get hit by his recovery, miss the tech, airdodge is buffered anyway, and I might have lived if I went for an up-b instead. The life of little mac.

Second game: My momentum must have carried over because this was a clean 2-stock. I take his first stock by punishing a neutral b charge and punish his empty re-grab. Second stock I take by fastfalling and getting out a f-tilt in time to punish his charge.

Third game: At 5:44 I go for a gazelle punch and fail (too early on the b input), I then whiff the K.O. punch and get punished accordingly. I take the second stock by armoring through Zoey's neutral B with my down-smash. I lose my last stock after shielding an up-smash and drop from the platform, landing with nair, big mistake take a sweet-spotted f-tilt from Zoey and the angle makes it so that I can't recover.

(NOTE: one month old) The first in a long string of matches where Faver and I would constantly run into each other in bracket or be set to run into each other in bracket. Faver wins this 2-0.

First game: First stock I lost was because Faver read my recovery, timed, and spaced and f-smash. Second stock: not much special about my stock loss, I hit his shield he punished, but the commentators get one thing wrong: When I was on the top platform shielding the screw attack it ended up poking through my shield. Third stock: I make a bad read Faver reacts and punishes with an up-b to seal the stock. I took Faver's first stock by f-smashing after taking an f-tilt...really sakurai? I take his second with a double jab followed by catching his jump to the center platform with an up-b should've done a single one for the true combo but I got the stock anyway. Another thing of note is that at 3:10 mark I should've mashed out the K.O. punch which probably would've landed regardless of what Faver did...again really sakurai?

Second game: I counter-pick Halberd which, contrary to the commentators opinions, is a great stage for Little Mac, and I prove it when I take my first stock using an unsweet-spotted Up-smash while Faver is on the platform at 101%. Faver then proceeds to take my stock by using a bomb to keep me in place followed by a mis-spaced f-tilt punish. Then we both SD... yeah we were laughing during that. Last stock I go for a punish I shouldn't have gone for and get punished hard although Faver's setup would've killed me anyway if I was any character of similar weight. In future matches Faver would continue to 2-0 me in close games until our most recent one which I won.

If any of you guys have any comments feel free to post them.

Another note: here's another little mac feel free to comment on this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGShXr9FoRA

Last edited:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Describe the concept of unbeatable and for glory videos for me, and I may well consider it.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szpQsWT4QYQ&index=10&list=PLFCNSvQMBJplhshzAjGBpmC5j_aL82Ku8

Have had a few more of my tournament sets, the new ones are the first two. Now for my personal analysis

A month after the game below ending in a 2-1 Shinobi. Note there were recording issues during the stream so there is a freeze in game 2.

First game: I lose my stock by jumping into Zoey to touch the ground only to get fair'd off stage before I land, I try to recover but Zoey pulls a solid edge guard. I take his stock soon after by shielding a weak hit fair into up-smash. At this point I take a huge momentum lead only for me to mis-read and get carried off-stage. I try to recover and get hit by his recovery, miss the tech, airdodge is buffered anyway, and I might have lived if I went for an up-b instead. The life of little mac.

Second game: My momentum must have carried over because this was a clean 2-stock. I take his first stock by punishing a neutral b charge and punish his empty re-grab. Second stock I take by fastfalling and getting out a f-tilt in time to punish his charge.

Third game: At 5:44 I go for a gazelle punch and fail (too early on the b input), I then whiff the K.O. punch and get punished accordingly. I take the second stock by armoring through Zoey's neutral B with my down-smash. I lose my last stock after shielding an up-smash and drop from the platform, landing with nair, big mistake take a sweet-spotted f-tilt from Zoey and the angle makes it so that I can't recover.

(NOTE: one month old) The first in a long string of matches where Faver and I would constantly run into each other in bracket or be set to run into each other in bracket. Faver wins this 2-0.

First game: First stock I lost was because Faver read my recovery, timed, and spaced and f-smash. Second stock: not much special about my stock loss, I hit his shield he punished, but the commentators get one thing wrong: When I was on the top platform shielding the screw attack it ended up poking through my shield. Third stock: I make a bad read Faver reacts and punishes with an up-b to seal the stock. I took Faver's first stock by f-smashing after taking an f-tilt...really sakurai? I take his second with a double jab followed by catching his jump to the center platform with an up-b should've done a single one for the true combo but I got the stock anyway. Another thing of note is that at 3:10 mark I should've mashed out the K.O. punch which probably would've landed regardless of what Faver did...again really sakurai?

Second game: I counter-pick Halberd which, contrary to the commentators opinions, is a great stage for Little Mac, and I prove it when I take my first stock using an unsweet-spotted Up-smash while Faver is on the platform at 101%. Faver then proceeds to take my stock by using a bomb to keep me in place followed by a mis-spaced f-tilt punish. Then we both SD... yeah we were laughing during that. Last stock I go for a punish I shouldn't have gone for and get punished hard although Faver's setup would've killed me anyway if I was any character of similar weight. In future matches Faver would continue to 2-0 me in close games until our most recent one which I won.

If any of you guys have any comments feel free to post them.

Another note: here's another little mac feel free to comment on this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGShXr9FoRA
good repping mac nation man, keep it up! i think more dance-trotting/extended dash dancing/dempsey rolling would open up some good opportunities. also, you gotta inform those commentators about mac info man -- but then again, i guess it helps mac mains that there's so much misinformation about his moves and 'good stages' so maybe nevermind. lol. ggs man, hope you kill it next time!

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Describe the concept of unbeatable and for glory videos for me, and I may well consider it.

I suppose the base of the idea would generally be for entertainment purposes. If you live stream the game (for glory) and talk throughout them, you could take that general concept and give input on the match. That would allow for video analysis of character move-set for beginners and amateurs.

The idea came to me when I was watching your tournament matches to see your Mac playstyle, I wanted to see if you had any For Glory videos, because I could not get enough of that badass Little Mac

The unbeatable suggestion is mostly for pure entertainment, where you keep going with a character until you die.

Anyway, that was the pitch and idea for the concept. What do you think?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
That is the U-Turn Ko punch, as Japan has coined the term.
"U-Turn KO Punch", huh?

that reminds me, every now and again sometimesI'll attempt a JC KO punch, but accidentally throw it the opposite direction... is there some trick to reversing the KO Punch, because I've tried B-reversing Straight Lunge, with no success... and if there is, how is it done?

EDIT: nevermind

Last edited:
Top Bottom