• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'd Telegraph That!" - Little Mac Video Thread

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
x-factor mac vs. custom villager (ugh) and rob LF:

good showing for mac vs. camp/projectiles. not much really to say about it, just solid play against campy styles

and then vs. sheik GF:

mac gets bodied.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
some mac tech from dire i've never seen before:

a lot of resets, and good stage knowledge. this video will not likely help you when playing on fg though, lol.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey man something new, What's your take on this? @ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder
It's not new. It's just applying basic stuff, and it's something people have been doing for a while. It's marginally useful, but most people will try to hit you before you touch the ground, so it just makes a landing KO Punch slightly more flexible.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I do it after a shorthop N-Air/D-Air cross-up all the time. I've been doing it since 3DS launch; I thought everyone had.

Last edited:

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Well, first of all you may want to post this or get an admin to place this on the Little Mac video thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/id-telegraph-that-little-mac-video-thread.368622/page-7#post-19562506

Secondly, I feel your gameplay is on the whole very practiced, but rigid, lacking any real opportunities for mix-ups (your tendency to roll and use F-tilt is very apparent and readable). As for the match-up against Mario, you should have taken risks and chased him down. Hell, even an Up-B, if well timed would have caught them off guard while on that platform. Little Mac may not have the best approaches nor can he go in easily, but if a player is gonna camp and poke from a distance, you need to take the role of the aggressor.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
I merged your thread into the Video thread. In the future, please refer to this thread when posting a little Mac related video.
Understood, sorry & thank you.

you could have used mac's uptilt to negate the fireballs and build your KO meter.
I get what you're saying but I can't necessarily picture it in my head. You have a video of someone doing it?

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
Just my humble Smash Bros. 4 montage highlighting some good moments i had with Little Mac.

tell me what you guys think :)

Last edited:

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Just my humble Smash Bros. 4 montage highlighting some good moments i had with Little Mac.

Oh my god.

Swear it felt like I was watching Alpharad in some places, but yo, you're really good, especially with the KO Punch. Mad props.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman

solid vid. but i was hoping to see more of your jablock tech because i can't seem to do that stuff consistently.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
frupcakes mac v. doc/tl GF:

mac wins. smart play. surprised that frupcake does actual dashdancing for timing mixups (vs. dancetrotting), but he's got good movement with it. also punishes pretty efficiently. good show.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
a silly video i made
people need to really respect this mans wall jump, its the best in the game behind lucario. i think its top 5 for sure. and on omega stages with walls, it improves his recovery Dramatically.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I guess with the new Youtube feature making it easier to upload replays, I could finally post some stuff up here.

This guy was giving me hell for the few games I played with him.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
keep reppin mac nation @ X-FACTOR X-FACTOR , good showing for mac. i didn't know your name on the boards so i didn't tag you. btw, if you have a youtube/twitch channel, lmk so i can put it in the player library thread we're building.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
keep reppin mac nation @ X-FACTOR X-FACTOR , good showing for mac. i didn't know your name on the boards so i didn't tag you. btw, if you have a youtube/twitch channel, lmk so i can put it in the player library thread we're building.
I don't have a youtube or twitch channel personally, but one of the two major venues I compete at does. They're called Epeen Gaming (EPG), and they host competitive smash for all the iterations of the series (64/Melee/PM/Brawl/Smash4). They have live feed of the tournament through their twitch channel of course, along with commentary.Tournaments are held bi-weekly and smash 4 averages around 30-40 people.

The other major venue is called GameClucks, this place is more of a Lan center which caters to all types of competitive gaming and genres. They hold Monthlies for smash, and smash 4 averages around 30-40 people as well. Unfortunately I don't think they have a twitch/youtube/website that I'm aware of (believe me I looked). For GameClucks it's usually Gimpyfish who records the matches and uploads them to his personal twitch channel.

We have a lot of great up and coming talent along with some notable players and community leaders in our area (Bladewise/Gimpyfish/Cacogen/Locke). We're located in the Seattle area and while Melee is well established here, we are trying to grow the Smash 4 scene in Washington/Pacific North West (PNW).

Epeen Gaming
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Offical site:
http://epeengaming.com/

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/epeengaming

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ePeenGaming

Gimpyfish
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/62bitgaming

You'll have to sift through the videos to find footage of my Mac, but it should be really easy. So feel free to upload my matches to the video/data archive for Mac (Which I've seen done, even before the current ones you posted, hahahha). I always place top 5, so there should always be some sort of footage of me in the EPG database for the respected tournament date, unless I don't show up which has been the case as of late (Life Johns).

I'm not the fanciest mac or the greatest mac around, but take from my videos what you want. Constructive criticisms is always welcomed and if my playstyle/strategy/technique help you fellow boxers out, then that's great!

If your interested come check it out! If anything, support your fellow Boxers!

Last edited:

FlashStormed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flashstormed
Woo! The new Youtube uploader is great! Here's a video I saved after I did something cool. I read a KO Punch and hoped for the best. I felt awesome after that!

Top Bottom