• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ICs players: Stop focusing on infinites!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I couldn't infinite if my life depended on it so I guess I'm good in that regard. :laugh: There are so many great things that can come out of the chain grabs though which is why I consider them a very important part of their metagame. Truth be told, I probably do grab too much but it's nice to get a meteor smash in with Nana or to trap someone in an Ice Block lock especially when you're fighting someone like Snake or King Dedede. For the Ice Climbers, successfully doing a chain grab is very rewarding which is why so many people focus on them. I'm not overly concerned about the basics though because I can usually survive to about 150% with Popo alone if I have to and I don't feel completely lost when I have to fight people who are hard/impossible to chain grab like Pit and Mr. Game and Watch. I understand that the chaingrabs are not the only thing that make the Ice Climbers good but I do believe they allow them to play in the big leagues if you catch my drift.

lain

Smash Master
This is common sense. Whoever plays IC's just for grabs is an idiot.

Learn to play them well, and not just grab like a moron.

This is why I **** with IC's.

:colorful:

_SIN_06

Smash Apprentice
hi ppl im a new IC player. I just wanna know how to seperate the ICs. Im a big noob when it comes to ICs so someone plz help me with this ty.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Well on the postive side of this, this lets new IC mainers to look at this thread and so they will than know that foucsing on CGs and infinites is not a good way to start playing the ICs. :3

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
I've fallen into this habit. However, I have just recently picked them up. Good advice in this thread.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I found this in the IC useful thread sticky. Didn't even bother to look at the date. Figured it couldn't be that old . Was wrong lol

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Haha, I found this in the IC useful thread sticky. Didn't even bother to look at the date. Figured it couldn't be that old . Was wrong lol
That right there told you not to post in it. If its found in a useful threads round here, then its older than most of the current players.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I usually win matches from being a smart player and never from CG's. i made it a point to become better at the character than at cg's.

but i totally agree.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Does nintendude even play anymore? lol.
Yeah he does and i was really surprised that i saw this thread on here after so long because i remember when it was originally posted. He's been trying to get back into the scene from what i can tell

As for relevance, people have learned this matchup so well since this was posted 2 years ago that it seems somewhat vital for it to appear again just to get people talking. i hardly see IC players really getting many grabs anymore so there needs to be something else they can do.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I usually win matches from being a smart player and never from CG's. i made it a point to become better at the character than at cg's.

but i totally agree.
Heh. If I could cg better/actually practiced I would win sooooooo much more. I drop almost every cg I do now, though I still do decent. I just get a lot of grabs on everyone.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
cheesey, you'd be surprised at the amount of grabs a game i get. let alone a set. ha. they usually break out instantly or i drop. . . >.>
34 grabs in a 2 game set against an olimar.

23 in 2 games, 49 in 3 games against an MK.

28 in 2 games, against a Snake.

31 in 3 games, against a lucario

28 in 2 games, against a PT.

Need I continue?

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
If that's the case, you're really bad at cg'ing =/
Unless you're actually counting the chains.
Or unless you're counting dthrows.
But actual grabs? Without chains?

That's just ridiculous.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I was playing Gn3s's (/namesearch)'s MK and he ARed from a grab, and i just ran up and grabbed him again from it. We both were rofling.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nooo don't give Gnes(lol namesearch) ics practice I was just starting to get good at that match-up :(.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Lol, I've played his Diddy....three times? I doubt that taught him much more than he already knew.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Oh god. It usually takes me 2 grabs at MOST to finish a stock. Usually the first grab is at a really early % and they mash out. 2nd grab it's over. If I got THAT many grabs, I'd win almost every game.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I wish I could go to tourneys. I only get to go to a couple tourneys a year. And they have to be big regionals because my parents don't like to take me anywhere.

Top Bottom