• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ichigo Kurosaki V0.92: Updated 9/19 OP Updated!

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
The Zip contains all the files you need to use Ichigo, assuming you are DLing the latest upload.

Well guys, I said I would do it and here it is, Ichigo's Brawlified textures.

If you want to see the texture first (there is only one snapshot), then here it is.

I still couldn't figure out what part of the texture correlated to the highlight polygon, you'll need someone to hex it out or find someone who can recognize what part of the face texture it is, because I am stumped.

On the parts where the pattern I used on Ichigo's kimono looks weird, its because of how the texture is mapped, and there is nothing I can do about that. Also, the black lines around his face are still present, and I don't know what makes them either. I might investigate further in order to remove them.

Click Here for the DL.

@Justi: Ichigo already has a stabbing attack in his Dash attack, and Stabing moves really suit the F-Smash more than U-Smash. I just wanted to make Ichigo do something other than a slash above him for his U-Smash.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Im not a fan of Bleach or anything. But alot of my friends are gaga for Ichigo. So i thought for sh¡ts and giggles i'd DL this to see if its better then MK. But im curious...whats the .Zip in the DL for? I've never seen one in my time of downloading hacks. Is it something I need to DL in order to play with Ichigo properly?
.zip is an archive format. Honestly, you should run into them pretty often. Just get a program like Winrar or 7zip to extract the files.

Also, I like that texture Beren_Zaiga.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
@Beren Zaiga
Could you try to Brawlify Naruto's texture?
I would like to see how that looks (and if it looks good).
Afraid I am going to have to take a rain check on that one, I have an animation project that needs finishing for a secret project of mine (secret because nobody but a select few know what it is). Maybe after I get the animations for the Alpha-testing done, then I will break to do Naruto.

ds22

Smash Lord
Afraid I am going to have to take a rain check on that one, I have an animation project that needs finishing for a secret project of mine (secret because nobody but a select few know what it is). Maybe after I get the animations for the Alpha-testing done, then I will break to do Naruto.
Could you tell me then how to Brawlify a texture?

Fen__

Smash Ace
I don't think he did anything special or secret... He just changed the textures to be more like ones that would be used in Brawl. Well, that and removed the outlines.

oxe161

Smash Rookie
yea make it less cartoony and to not stand out as much. For example Toon Link was Brawlified to not stand out as much.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I don't think he did anything special or secret... He just changed the textures to be more like ones that would be used in Brawl. Well, that and removed the outlines.
Hes right. Just use an original Brawl Character's textures as a reference for how the texture should look.

Here are the things you have to take into account though.

1. How the texture is mapped: As you might know, the textures for Naruto (and Ichigo) are from games that are originally 2.5D, and they are meant to look like they are straight out of the Anime counterparts of their games. So do the following.

A) On a new document (in Photoshop, make it about 10 x10 pixels, then make a checker board pattern as well as you can, then select the parts of the document with this pattern and then go to Edit> Define Pattern. This is what you're going to use to see how Naruto's texture is mapped.

B) Take this Pattern onto a new layer on Naruto's face textures (as well as his clothes and everything else), then use the Paint Bucket or Edit> Fill, to fill it with the Pattern. Then select all on the same layer and invert it to make it white (assuming you are using black). Then save it as a separate PNG copy.

C) Load it into BrawlBox then preview the model. If you see any areas where it looks like the resolution is bad, then that means the texture is stretched on that part of the model, and isn't editable through normal means. You would have to change and add UV Points (which dictate where the textures are mapped on the model) to keep it from stretching the texture to do much more.

After that its all a matter of using the Paintbrush, Burn Tool, and Filters to texturize the editable parts of the model to look more Brawl-like.

For example, on Naruto's Vest, use the same checkerboard pattern on it, but make it orange and set the layer to the "Multiply" Blending Mode, then change the Master Opacity of the layer to make it fade so it won't stand out as much, this will make Naruto's vest look more like cloth, kinda like what I did with Ichigo.

or you can discover your own kind of pattern and use it. :p

Hope that helps!

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
I changed the bone index of a bone with properties of a TransN bone to the bone index of the transN bone. So MetaKnights TransN bone had an index of 2. And the bone I wanted had an index of 6. I changed it to 2 and renamed the bone to TransN. I also did the same thing for the TopN bone, Xrot, Yrot, and ThrowN.
wha....uh....gah...HOW!

and yes, the brawlified texture looks amazing. :)

oxe161

Smash Rookie
huh oh yea we all need some time to relax...even time off from relaxing (if that even makes sense)

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
it can make sense, it makes sense that i'm making sense of making sense, as i'm making sense of making this sense, will it make sense to make sense of making sense of that making sense?

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
lol.

sorry my friends told me to post that. i'm known as the cheshire cat to them for making up confusing things bla bla bla, but its just the same word over and over, so i don't think i am the cheshire cat. just a regular guy who uses the same word OVER and OVER again.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me why neutral b looks more like a graphical error than an attack? I just get this really cartoony looking green/yellow thing that doesn't even have hitboxes. I downloaded the newest version too. I saw in a video for the latest version that neutral b is white. Is this a glitch or not????

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
its not a glitch, and if i remember correctly, i think that will be ichigo's nuetral b, but hopefully not so big. remember this is barely considered an alpha.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
It's nothing, I was checking out some graphics for the neutral B and that was the last one i tried, i just didnt remove it. It's bad. If anyone has suggestions for a getsuga tenshou, lemme know.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Unfortunetely i have no idea on what bleach is really. so i only like this because it gets rid of a ball with feet and sword. i mean its a lovely hack, but sorry i really cannot help =(

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Well, if there's nothing in the show that works, just make up something, or borrow a technique from another anime.

For Neutral B you could have Ichigo scrape the tip of his sword along the ground and swing an energy shockwave out. Forward B could be him throwing his sword in a boomerang-like fashion that you can somewhat control, like Link and Toon Link's boomerangs (except Ichigo's sword hits multiple times as it passes through the target). Down B could be an extremely fast dodge and attack, where he sidesteps past the opponent and hits them in the back, a good move to counter melee characters like Captain Falcon and Bowser.

oxe161

Smash Rookie
Well you could use that weird crescent attack from SUPER SMASH!!!!flash...:l
if its possible

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
A previous moveset for Ichigo over Ike had a getsuga tensho that worked, what's wrong that you can't get one working? I also posted a video with all the graphics shown in the game with the numbers associated with them.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I've been stuck on a decision between sword trail or final smash. I've decided that I can settle for sword glow instead of sword trail while I can still have final smash. Disregard my rambling and just note: I'm moving Ichigo from metaknight to Wario. Final smash will be a lot easier. Next update will have beta final smash. (Tensa Zangetsu)
As for the getsuga tenshou of another ichigo, it's red, getsuga tenshou has to be blue, when in bankai it will change to red.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
OH YES!!! thank you sql leon!!!

oh yes i can get rid of mario's ******** cousin!!! and the final smash will actually FIT!! mwahahhahaha!!

oh yeah, and i can now well put... that one character over metaknight.

can i say this... <_< i love you.

i so wish i could help but, to be honest i'm actually useless lol. good luck, and great choice of putting him over wario. makes me happy, now theres a new candidate over metaknight his name is gray fox. yay.

really good luck though for real.

ExtremeYoshiFan

Smash Rookie
wow. this is awesome
Agreed, now is it possible for me to use on a different character(since meta knight is somewhat useful)?
I can replace him, but on my main hack I actually use him sometimes.

EDIT: NVM, you are moving him to wario, I am awaiting your next update, I wanna see bankai.

ExtremeYoshiFan

Smash Rookie
I have an idea for down-B.

He throws on his hollow mask and after he put it on(if eh is attacked), he counters and hits opponent. Mask is then removed/disappears.

no attack to counter, mask breaks and falls off(disappears).

This move would last no longer than half a second, but it would look awesome.

and at ultraxwing, bleach is about a 15 year old high school student that can see ghosts, and becomes a death god out of a twist of fate as well as an unlucky encounter with a hollow. It is a good show, I recommend you pick it up.

Here is a link to first episode(on Hulu): http://www.hulu.com/watch/37417/bleach-bleach-1#s-p5-n1-so-i0

it gets better after the first few episodes, so watch a couple and decide if you like it or not.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
so whens the next update gonna be?
After I move the specials from Metaknight to Wario. Everything else is ported.

ExtremeYoshiFan said:
I have an idea for down-B.

He throws on his hollow mask and after he put it on(if eh is attacked), he counters and hits opponent. Mask is then removed/disappears.

no attack to counter, mask breaks and falls off(disappears).

This move would last no longer than half a second, but it would look awesome.
Depends on the answer to the next questionn

What would you guys think about making bankai his original form and just cutting out shikai?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
You're putting him over Wario? I got no complaints other than his voice is going to be WAY out of place, if you're not gonna make sounds for him I'd keep him silent

ExtremeYoshiFan

Smash Rookie
I am fine with bankai as main form, I have no problems, since he never actually fights in Shikai anymore, if you make bankai his vaizard mask, which one are you going with? had quite a few over time. But personally, I still prefer the first.
try to make it so he "rips" it onto his face if you can, because it always looks epic in the show.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Sounds cool but difficult. Bankai has something that Shikai doesn't: clothing physics on max. That robe/cloak is huge. Shikai has clothing physics too, but not as much. Plus, Ichigo spends the majority of his Bankai time being a ****** by flying and walking on air. How does that translate to Brawl?

On the other hand, a time limit is needed on Final Smashes, and conveniently, Ichigo doesn't usually last more than two episodes with a full Hollow mask intact. Do the animations for original Ichigo port over to Bankai Ichigo?

Top Bottom