• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Infinite In PM

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes, that is the one. It will be removed in the bug patch.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
..It's been said like 500 times already lol. It's not frame perfect, it's really easy, all you have to do is hold up, etc etc.

Frycook

Smash Rookie
Okay cool, as long as you don't know how to do that. The infinite is ****ing awesome and I got mad respect when I pulled it off at KTAR.

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
..It's been said like 500 times already lol. It's not frame perfect, it's really easy, all you have to do is hold up, etc etc.
I'm not talking about the one where you hold a direction. I'm talking about the one that is a one frame window where you can make Nana do a dthrow or fthrow in place of the normal uthrow. It was discussed on the PM subreddit. It was a thread created by iggyboy456 iggyboy456

Last edited:

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the dumb questions then. I'll go back and re-read the forum.

Last edited:

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
This message was brought to you by improper bragging

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
New infinite was just shown off by Damp on GameUnderground's stream apparently, involves PoPo down throw and NaNa Down air IIRC
Yes...IC's oldest chaingrab which hardly works at all if your opponent knows how to DI is an infinite...

Someone please...someone help...do people really know this little about IC's?

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
Yes...IC's oldest chaingrab which hardly works at all if your opponent knows how to DI is an infinite...

Someone please...someone help...do people really know this little about IC's?
Okay, I had a feeling it wasn't that easy, it's just the guy's been talking about some new infinite he found and since this was the first chaingrab he did successfully on screen we thought that might be it. Believe me, almost the entire stream was fooled, including the TM. I was just reporting what the TM said, I personally have no experience with Icies and was just calling what others saw. Sorry for the confusion.

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Let me know if this is real, but at 1 hour 26 minutes 14 seconds of this video, we saw damp, as Ice climbers, pull off what may be a new Icey's infinite. I want to know if this is real, or something that's just new, so the other guy didn't know how to properly get out of it:
http://www.twitch.tv/gameunderground/b/595769605

Last edited:

Damp

Smash Apprentice
Let me know if this is real, but at 1 hour 26 minutes 14 seconds of this video, we saw damp, as Ice climbers, pull off what may be a new Icey's infinite. I want to know if this is real, or something that's just new, so the other guy didn't know how to properly get out of it:
LOL at the commentary saying it was an infinite. NZA was able to easily SDI out of the downair when I played him. I have something I've been working on that might be infinite if I get it down, but I don't wanna break too many hearts by saying I found something. I'll be in the lab testing.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is literally the oldest chaingrab IC's have. Players have been doing it since 2002. It's not anywhere near an infinite, it's just their most well known chain-grab(that hardly works).

Damp what is the infinite you've been working on? I can just tell you if it will work or not.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
LOL at the commentary saying it was an infinite. NZA was able to easily SDI out of the downair when I played him. I have something I've been working on that might be infinite if I get it down, but I don't wanna break too many hearts by saying I found something. I'll be in the lab testing.
Just shows you how underused Icies are in PM doesn't it?

Damp

Smash Apprentice
This is literally the oldest chaingrab IC's have. Players have been doing it since 2002. It's not anywhere near an infinite, it's just their most well known chain-grab(that hardly works).

Damp what is the infinite you've been working on? I can just tell you if it will work or not.
Down throw to nana footstool regrab. I've gotten it to work a good amount of times in a row.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Down throw to nana footstool regrab. I've gotten it to work a good amount of times in a row.
There isn't enough time for nana to reset herself, the opponent can mash out after the first dthrow footstool regrab.

Damp

Smash Apprentice
There isn't enough time for nana to reset herself, the opponent can mash out after the first dthrow footstool regrab.
That's what I figured would happen against human oponnents. It might work better with a jab after the footstool into grab? So like downthrow -> footstool -> jab -> grab.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's what I figured would happen against human oponnents. It might work better with a jab after the footstool into grab? So like downthrow -> footstool -> jab -> grab.
Hmm will test. From what I'm picturing though the jab could be SDI'd to escape.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
Good point. It might set up good chase opportunities though.
It could be used as Footstool into charged F-Smash or you could use an airdodge out of the footstool (last one probably won't work but I'm just spitballing)

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
is there a window of time to control nana that allows for a quick footstool and WL in place out of it? Or does popo come out of dthrow too soon and spot dodge?

Dembo

Smash Rookie
Hi I did this and can do it on the entire cast. The timing differs for everyone of course. Can't post a real link since I don't have ten posts I guess but I'm trying to get someone on my States page to post this url

Damp

Smash Apprentice
Another IC player in NC (edit, as seen above) found a regrab technique just like this and asked me to post it just to make sure it was able to be mashed out of.

http://instagram.com/p/xwQAQTquXs/
That one actually looks pretty promising to me. Do you know the inputs there? Why isn't Nana going high up after the footstool? I'm gonna play around and see if I can recreate it.

Damp

Smash Apprentice
So it seems like inputting a nair for nana while she's doing the footstool jump actually cancels the jump, which is why nana comes back down. Grab > dthrow > footstool > regrab > nair? I think that's how it's done.

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure it's possible, but I'm wondering how light the character has to be before the window becomes to small for it to be practical. Either way it looks like the 3.5 bugfix patch is going to be delayed until they can fix this too :p.

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Another IC player in NC (edit, as seen above) found a regrab technique just like this and asked me to post it just to make sure it was able to be mashed out of.

http://instagram.com/p/xwQAQTquXs/
So I was messing around with it and can only really do it consistently to falco. Can he do it to every character? Has he tried with someone DI'ing the throw away?

Edit: I also found some really cool set-ups, such as dthrow -> footstool -> nana blizzard -> popo anything

Last edited:

Dembo

Smash Rookie
You can do it on others, but the timing is really weird because of the throw being a different speed. Even if they DI away I found you can still dash jc grab them.

Top Bottom