• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC most technical character?

legion598

Smash Ace
so i was thinking the ICs may be the most tech skill required character diddy is pretty technical and so is peach and some others but I think ICs are probly the most difficult when it comes to tech skill does anyone else think this? I also think this makes the ICs have the highest potential out of all the characters except maybe MK but they should definately be higher in the tiers later on

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Highest potential? I kinda doubt it... Yeah, we may discover more chaingrabs in time, but do we really need more chaingrabs when the ones we have are already capable of 0-deathing most (if not all) characters? And as for desycnhing, it's only bound by the player's creativity now. Ways to desynch are numerous, and plenty.

As for other techniques... Well, those can't possibly be as useful as desycnhing and chaingrabs are.

legion598

Smash Ace
i meant highest potential in the sense that if u make no mistakes whatsoever the ICs have the highest chance of winning against most characters. I think the ICs have the most tools at their disposal out of most of the characters if the player can use them to their highest potential. So im not really talking about new discoveries just mastering the techs we already know about.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Highest potential? I kinda doubt it... Yeah, we may discover more chaingrabs in time, but do we really need more chaingrabs when the ones we have are already capable of 0-deathing most (if not all) characters? And as for desycnhing, it's only bound by the player's creativity now. Ways to desynch are numerous, and plenty.

As for other techniques... Well, those can't possibly be as useful as desycnhing and chaingrabs are.
Once they reach their full potential... they are dangerously deadly.
I also don't think there's no more chaingrabs left to discover, and there's only the normal CGs, altgrabbing and hobbling. And most people say the easiest CGs they could do to 0-death are b-throw to b-throw, b-throw to d-throw, and b-throw to f-throw. There's also desynching, which is also helpful with certain moves but mostly their specials; because when you're chaingrabbing, you're obviously desynching the ICs.

Eh, they are the hardest to master aren't they? It's possibly why people are asking how to chaingrab and desynch, after that, they give up. And you also have to learn their basic combats and all that tooo
Mhm, that's also the reason why there aren't a lot of IC player. Plus online decreases your skill... and that's one thing.

legion598

Smash Ace
^I think that ICs are even more technical then diddy and peach if u really look into the ICs mechanics its pretty freakin rediculous. As for CGs those are pretty much useless unless u can get a grab in the first place which is why u pretty much have to learn the desynchs first. I would main them but their so freakin hard to be consistent with.

Teh Future

Smash Master
learning diddy is much more that just knowing how to glidetoss bananas like learning ice climbers is much more than chaingrabs. Link is probably harder to learn than either of them. But just because a character has a lot of useful techs doesn't make them a good character.

When you're playing against someone that is using their character "to the highest potential" then you are not going to get a single chaingrab in against like 3/4ths of the cast.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Link also has alot technical stuff, people. Heck, Snake has technical skill too.
The only technical stuff ICs have are de-synches and (forms of) CGs. Everything else is the basics.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Besides their desynchs and CGs, you have to keep Nana with you (same with your recovery & you get gimped easily with Belay) and at the first time you play ICs, it feels weird. (ground and air game)

What if SoPo was actually more technical than the ICs? O.o Nah... I guess.

legion598

Smash Ace
well what ppl dont realize is that the desynchs are more then just repetetive attacks they are traps used to move ur opponent around and certain traps can even guarantee a grab if used properly when i say gurantee I mean based on the opponents reaction to the trap u can get an unavoidable grab

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Obviously everyone is going to say ice climbers on the ic board.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Ummm Your Wrong.

LINK is the most technical.
Then Peach.
Then Snake.
Then Diddy.
Then Ice Climbers.
Then Sonic.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
^I think that ICs are even more technical then diddy and peach if u really look into the ICs mechanics its pretty freakin rediculous. As for CGs those are pretty much useless unless u can get a grab in the first place which is why u pretty much have to learn the desynchs first. I would main them but their so freakin hard to be consistent with.

No.
I can pick up Ice Climbers and play Tournament wise in probably 1-2 weeks.
They are pretty close to the basics.. Besides chaingrab techs.
Diddy takes a gooood while to get WELL with. Throw in bannanas and running a and you got yourself ton of possibilites.
Dont even get me started with peach....
Glide Toss
Free Turnip Pull
Down Tilt
Down Aerial -> Crazy Combos.
Two Different Chaingrabs
Edge Float.
Back Aerial Lock
Sliding Turnip Throwing.

Yes.. There are more.

legion598

Smash Ace
pfffftt captain ****ing falcon is the most technical. But in all seriousness were not talking about how easy a character is to pick up were talking about how hard it is when using them at their highest potential and i still think the ICs would be harder in that regard

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
If you only learned to spam Ftilt and jabs as Snake, then he is hard. >_>
Other than that, yes Link is the most technical. ICs only have 2 techs, which were already mentioned.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Other than that, yes Link is the most technical. ICs only have 2 techs, which were already mentioned.
Instead of just techs, he meant that...

legion598 said:
But in all seriousness were not talking about how easy a character is to pick up were talking about how hard it is when using them at their highest potential and i still think the ICs would be harder in that regard
ExCeL 52 said:
Glide Toss
Free Turnip Pull
Down Tilt
Two Different Chaingrabs
Edge Float.
Back Aerial Lock
Sliding Turnip Throwing.
Most of those techs you listed are easy to learn... Peach is one of my secondaries and I know how to use some of those, but I mostly main and focus on ICs more. :]

ExCeL 52 said:
Ummm Your Wrong.

Then Peach.
Then Snake.
Then Diddy.
Then Ice Climbers.
Then Sonic.
Diddy, Ice Climbers, and Peach are one of those, and probably Link I suppose. And doesn't Snic have a high learning curve like the ICs do? IDK about Snake though.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Trust us, Link is too technical. Yes Sonic has a steep learning curve, and Snake is variable to learn depending on the person.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Playing as a GOOD Snake is hard. Playing FTilt/Nade Snake is easy.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hmmm i think Sonic is pretty technical and so is Link. With Ice Climbers i think you only need to get the hang of the CG's and your good to go, theoratically speaking.

legion598

Smash Ace
^CGs are useless without the ability to grab ur opponent and seeing as how the ICs have poor grab range and cant shield grab too well due to nanas shield lag this is actually very difficult and requires alot of desynch techs to even get a grab consistently especially when the opponent knows not to get grabbed

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
^CGs are useless without the ability to grab ur opponent and seeing as how the ICs have poor grab range and cant shield grab too well due to nanas shield lag this is actually very difficult and requires alot of desynch techs to even get a grab consistently especially when the opponent knows not to get grabbed
You don't need de-syncs to get a grab rofl. All you need are MINDGAEMZ and it's all good. :popo:

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I'm curious as to why you consider Link and Snake to be technical. Both have a decent amount of "AT's", but they're ruthlessly easy to perform.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Is Link seriously that technical?

Well, Ice Climber could possibly have the most potential (though not necessarily the most technical character since they only have chain grabs and desyncs) because of the possibility of their grabs resulting in 100% guaranteed KO's if done correctly and desyncs resulting in good mind games and damage racking while being hard to punish.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Link can be played different ways. Deva isn't really that technical with him, while most other umm... good Link mains like Legan, Izblah, and Arkive Zero play very technical.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Link can be played different ways. Deva isn't really that technical with him, while most other umm... good Link mains like Legan, Izblah, and Arkive Zero play very technical.
Explain, please.

What is technical about him, or about how they play? Bair to Reverse Quickdraw? Zair with a Bomb? Bomb Smashing? I can't think of anything that Link has that can be considered hard to do, whereas I still have trouble with Diddy's Single Naner Lock.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Um... EXCUSE ME.

Does it at all matter how technical characters are? (Aside from my belief that whether you can determine how technical a character is is completely abstract)

If you have the 'technical skill' to do one of many chaingrabs that goes from 0-death EVERY SINGLE TIME, good for you. However, whether you can actually win is another matter.

I don't care how good you are at a technique that requires immense amounts of practice. Playing very attentively with well-honed reaction time and tactics that minimize risk is far more useful.

Lucario is probably not a character you'd consider "technical". However, the.... you know what? How about instead of getting complicated, I'll give you an example you can more easily understand.

I doubt you'd call Metaknight technical. However, (IMO) he is the easiest character to play in an "untouchable" manner. He can damage his opponent with little to no risk of getting damaged (if you play smart...) until the time comes to do his insanely fast dsmash. "technical skill"? You may say there's none involved. Does it kick your butt? Probably.

One more thing. If you think that someone doing moves that "require no skill" doesn't deserve to win as much as a frame perfect superhuman Ice Climbers player, I have a problem with you.

/thread

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Um... EXCUSE ME.

Does it at all matter how technical characters are? (Aside from my belief that whether you can determine how technical a character is is completely abstract)

If you have the 'technical skill' to do one of many chaingrabs that goes from 0-death EVERY SINGLE TIME, good for you. However, whether you can actually win is another matter.

I don't care how good you are at a technique that requires immense amounts of practice. Playing very attentively with well-honed reaction time and tactics that minimize risk is far more useful.

Lucario is probably not a character you'd consider "technical". However, the.... you know what? How about instead of getting complicated, I'll give you an example you can more easily understand.

I doubt you'd call Metaknight technical. However, (IMO) he is the easiest character to play in an "untouchable" manner. He can damage his opponent with little to no risk of getting damaged (if you play smart...) until the time comes to do his insanely fast dsmash. "technical skill"? You may say there's none involved. Does it kick your butt? Probably.

One more thing. If you think that someone doing moves that "require no skill" doesn't deserve to win as much as a frame perfect superhuman Ice Climbers player, I have a problem with you.

/thread
This is true, though this isn't what the thread is about.
We're discussing whether or not the ICs are the most technical player.
We're not discussing whether or not a technically challenging character is better than a technically simple character.

On topic:
I play most of the technically difficult characters, and I'd say the IC's CGs are the most difficult thing to do consistently. Most ATs are just simple muscle memory (Diddy's single naner lock, glidetossing, DAC, etc...). The ICs CGs, however, need to be adjusted based on the character you're throwing, how much damage they have, etc. Also, you need to figure out what you're basing a character's necessary tech skill from: the amount of ATs a character has or the difficulty of the ATs. For example, I learned most of Peach's and Diddy's ATs in a day, while I'm still perfecting my CGs with the ICs. I think Sheik's DACUS is one of the hardest ATs in the game, but because it's not essential to her metagame, she's not even taken into consideration as a technical character.

Basically, I think ICs are the most technical because their CGs are not only difficult to master, but because they must adapt to the character they're CGing. Everything else is just muscle memory.

lain

Smash Master
IC's are pretty technical, but I don't know if they're the most.

Diddy Kong and Sonic are pretty crazy to play.

BUT IC's do have 2 characters, so inherently double the control (well nana has control but only within a certain range so w/e).

The cg timing is pretty hard to get down at first, and the different weights will throw people off for the majority of the time.

Also keep in mind people don't get the cg 100% of the time. I get it like 90% of the time now, and I usually only **** up because I didn't react fast enough so they got out at low %'s, or I trip LOLLL. Also I suck at fair spiking people off stage sometimes XD

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Ummm Your Wrong.

Then Peach.
Then Snake.
Then Diddy.
Then Ice Climbers.
Then Sonic.
No.
I can pick up Ice Climbers and play Tournament wise in probably 1-2 weeks.
They are pretty close to the basics.. Besides chaingrab techs.
Diddy takes a gooood while to get WELL with. Throw in bannanas and running a and you got yourself ton of possibilites.
Glide Toss
Free Turnip Pull
Down Tilt
Two Different Chaingrabs
Edge Float.
Back Aerial Lock
Sliding Turnip Throwing.

Yes.. There are more.
Link is one of my Seconderdys. He is not.

Wow does Sonic and Link even count as a character?
You sir are a fool.

Trust us, Link is too technical. Yes Sonic has a steep learning curve, and Snake is variable to learn depending on the person.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
ic´s dont have desynchs and cg´s only

what about iceblock quickdraw and iceblock cancel? xD

lol

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Ummm Your Wrong.

Then Peach.
Then Snake.
Then Diddy.
Then Ice Climbers.
Then Sonic.
Actually I think It is Metaknight

You have to push down on that little yellow stick a bunch and press that red button a lot.

You have to mix up dodges and pressing down on the yellow stick. Then comes the hardest part, you have to somehow get your opponent in the air and hold up and hit the red button aiming it so u can hit them off the edge, if you miss then you glide to them and hit the big green button talk about technical

:p

Barge

All I want is a custom title
ic´s dont have desynchs and cg´s only

what about iceblock quickdraw and iceblock cancel? xD

lol
Its pretty much the same as any other characters quick draw, though we do a full hop instead of a SH. Which isnt as effective.
Then again...4 ice blocks come out.

Still, its not that hard to do =/

Top Bottom