• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Blog: VLog is dead but the blog is not!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
princess bride is the best movie, and as such, anyone whos favorite movie isn't princess bride is doing it wrong.

c:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Alllrighty gentlemen. I want to do the first run of my vlog sometime before next weekend. I'd like to start with just random Q&A stuff. Ask me anything about anything that you'd like me to talk about, and I'll pick a few of them. You can ask about me, what I think about matchups, my favorite tournament sets, the ones I rage in or get ***** in, whatever... try and keep it smash-related even on the most tangential level.

At some point I think I will try and do commentary on older matches since that seems to be an interest of people's, and I think it would also be really good for me to really sit down and dissect my own playstyle, so everybody wins!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Here are my two big questions:

1. What do ICs players need to do to be successful in the Peach matchup? What zones do we need to control? How can we avoid her setups? How can we trick Peach into falling into our traps? What should we do when we get a lead to maintain the lead? What should we do when are behind to bring it back? What specific moves are the most useful in the matchup? What specific movement patterns are useful for getting in on Peach?

2. What do ICs players need to do to be successful on counterpick stages (Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar, mainly)? What parts of the stages should we focus on controlling? What do we need to do to prevent our opponents from encroaching on those vital areas? What moves should we be using to keep people out on those volatile stages? What movement patterns are the most effective for avoiding attacks and setting up counterattacks on these stages? What are some other thoughts we should keep in mind while playing on these stages?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
O_O

That's the sort of thing I'd *write* for. But hey, you're questioner #1 so you get at least one of those answered :)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
What natural skills should a player have if they wish to be pro with Ice Climbers?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
In my experience vs ICs, I either **** or get *****. Only 1/10 matchs I player vs them I feel like the match went well for both parties and I feel as though it's not because of the player, but rather the character. So I'd be interested to know how you cover your character's weaknesses and your own during a tourney match?

I hope that makes sense lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Chival: I thought a lot about your Peach question and last night while I was playing against DoH, so I think I have some useful answers for you.

Keep 'em coming everybody, or the entire thing will be about ICs v Peach.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
In case you don't get enough questions, I have a suggestion for your VLog. I think you can pretty much use the same kind of content that you've been writing in your blog for these videos. Just talking about aspects of your life (smash, school, work, relationships/friendships - if you don't mind sharing) would probably end up being most enjoyable for the people who would be viewing.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I am all for Peach vs IC write up.

I want to know the flashiest thing you like doing with IC's. (That has some application of usefulness)

Also what is your favorite pokemon?

I what you think of IC as a character, like a summary of their skills. (Shield pressure, movement, etc)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
The Peach ICs writeup is gonna take forever though -_- Oh well it's not like I have much else to do.

Anyhow if there are any other questions you guys wanna ask, do so now! I'll probably do episode 1 of the vlog tomorrow.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are you going to Pound 5?

EDIT: watching now, good **** so far, pretty legitimate smash theory and such based on experience. <3 Wobbles

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I played 2 games with 2 people in the Disco Room
won both times
i wasn't challenged :V

t3h Icy

Smash Master
That was very well done. Professional, interesting, enlightening and you have the personal traits, so you're not nervous on the mic, etc. I'd like to see some more of this.

Binx

Smash Master
Good stuff Wobbles, one piece of constructive criticism though is that you were resting on your hand the entire time, its a lot more energetic and watchable if you sit up strait and speak enthusiastically, thats one thing that I have always been able to take out of your blogs was a general sense of positivity and enthusiasm. I'm a little disappointed that it didn't show through in this video.

Thank you for the good information though, either way that is helpful and awesome of you.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hehe, I'd just finished working a double shift at my restaurant (about 10 hours of work >_>) so I was pretty darn tired. I noticed it too after recording, but I felt like my answers were really solid and it's not like I write them down, so I didn't want to sacrifice them.

I'll keep that in mind next time (:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Do you think Hungrybox is with Jigglypuff the same way Taj, Cosmo, Axe, etc are with their characters, just that Hungrybox happens to be amazing with one of the better characters, or is there more to Hungrybox's success?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Why do you grab me so much?

Actually more in the 'how' than opposed to why. I know why >_<

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hey, between here and the youtube comments for the last one, I have enough questions to do episode 2!

Raise your hands if you think I should post this in MD to try and generate more questions + views.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
If you're willing to only briefly address or ignore many of the bad questions that you'd get and focus on the good ones, I say go for it.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Like, to play? To watch? Both?
I was thinking tier list wise actually. I just think it would be interesting to see a non-Fox/Falco/Jiggz/Falcon/Peach/Sheik/Marth player's opinion on what they think are the top 5 characters in a the game and why.

Hey, between here and the youtube comments for the last one, I have enough questions to do episode 2!

Raise your hands if you think I should post this in MD to try and generate more questions + views.
If you're willing to only briefly address or ignore many of the bad questions that you'd get and focus on the good ones, I say go for it.
this

Top Bottom