• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC blizzard spam makes me want to hurt things.

TheEliteSmasher

Smash Cadet
I fought someone today who used snake and ICs. I can beat his snake, but then he took out ice climbers and he started spamming his blizzard. This move beats and outranges EVERYTHING meta has. Then I get in he starts CG ing me. God dammit, I have no idea why people consider this an easy match-up.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Just use the whorenado carefully, why can't you just avoid it? The moves pretty predictable.

TheEliteSmasher

Smash Cadet
Just use the whorenado carefully, why can't you just avoid it? The moves pretty predictable.
It's predictable, but he keeps brick-walling me with it. I can get in a few hits but then he keeps doing it until he times it well enough to follow up with a cg. And EVERYTHING gets ***** by blizzard. Including whorenado.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
DSF beat Fly_Amanita's blizzard by constantly hovering over him and using dair.

Metaknight's edge guarding game is also very powerful against IC's. It's easy for him to keep them separated, he's fast enough.

If the blizzard is synched, the IC's have open spots.

If they're desynched and short hopping the blizzards, hover above them and dair, or fly away and wait for an opportunity to approach.

OverLade

Smash Hero

Metaknight's edge guarding game is also very powerful against IC's. It's easy for him to keep them separated, he's fast enough.

If they're desynched and short hopping the blizzards, hover above them and dair, or fly away and wait for an opportunity to approach.
I've played this matchup. Shorthopping Dairs does wonders. If you stay in the air and punish you can avoid getting grabbed completely. It IS an easy matchup if you play it correctly.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord

This. Take a hint from the pros and keep in the air. Dair the ICs and you'll get past the problem of Blizzard spam.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
dude make it more thatn normal priotrity to KILL NANA lol staing in the air works in the matchup too .

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
I fought someone today who used snake and ICs. I can beat his snake, but then he took out ice climbers and he started spamming his blizzard. This move beats and outranges EVERYTHING meta has. Then I get in he starts CG ing me. God dammit, I have no idea why people consider this an easy match-up.

Use Meta Knight.

Oh, wait, this is the MK boards.

Quit.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If only ICs UpTilt had a bit more range...=(

K 2

Smash Lord
An MK having trouble against the IC's?!? Isn't this suppose to be a 70:30 advantage in your favor?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
It's not like it's that hard to see blizzard coming. They rear back then shoot it out. If you can dodge a laser from ROB, you should be able to roll or jump out of the way when the IC's do blizzard.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
An MK having trouble against the IC's?!? Isn't this suppose to be a 70:30 advantage in your favor?
Blizzard can be a b*tch if the person using it is smart with it.

But other than that, the IC's don't have much else on him, so it can be tough at first. Get around blizzard and it's easy

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
It's not about freezing, it's about Spacing. IC's only hope is to trick MK into a grab, which they're not gonna do if MK is having his way with them by spacing his aerials, Ftilt and Dtilt. Blizzard puts up a wall that will force MK to approach from above. Limiting MK's options means he's easier to predict, therefore easier to grab.

Top Bottom