• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I won't be able to resist doing it

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
With a month between the Japanese and American releases, there is no way I'll be able to keep from spoiling the game for myself. I was already going to have a hard time waiting 2 weeks; but I REALLY doubt I can do it now. Does anyone else feel the same way?

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
yeah i feel the same way. but i'll just spoil the character roster for me. and i'll only watch free for all battles. but adventure mode will have to wait.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I think that's what's upsetting to a lot of people, is that it will now be VERY hard to avoid spoilers. A couple weeks was do-able, but five? Who can realistically be expected to avoid their favorite forums and websites for over a month?

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Yea I feel the same, gonna try and get a download of the Japanese version until I can buy the American.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
Hehe I was going to peek anyway :chuckle:, but only at the roster. Now it is going to be hard to not spoil the entire game for myself :urg:.

XACE-K

Smash Master
After this delay I am now going to spoil myself as long as it isn't a SSE video. I can wait for that.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Considering I'm in the UK, I have decided that I'll look at the roster, but nothing else. Any methods of unlocking, movesets for new characters, Subspace Emissiary information, game modes, etc I'll refrain from looking at. This way I'll have something to keep me going for the next few months, but not have too much ruined for myself.

-- Andy

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I just want the starting roster, that's all I'll find out.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I WANT CHARS! i really dont understand this. to be this secretive, and say wait til the game comes out, then never release the game. seriously, wtf they cant have it both way.

krabbymcnabby

Smash Cadet
I want a second dojo which will give me twice the updates a week unfortunatley i doubt anyone will do this for me.
I'm also hoping that there will be a non-spoiler thread (so somone doesn't just say " yeah Geno FS is awesome" or "look at this vid of ridley PWNing the AM with Mr.Satern

IWANTHOTDOG

Smash Apprentice
Ugh ya, I wanted to play the game without any spoilers, but apparently not. I'll still try to stay away from secret characters but we all know I'll end up finding out somehow anyway....

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
this delay is so retarted. they better have Naked Samus in the game because of this.

/joke post

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I was going to spoil myself anyway. It's a fighting game at heart, not an story based RPG, book, or movie. Knowing someone is or isn't in won't "spoil" the game for me in any way.

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I could just stay off of the computer for a month or so... but we all know that just won't happen.

You guys have to agree on how great the feeling is to see "Warning! New Character" or whatever. Surprises like that can only happen so many times before we know everything about the game (which won't take long).

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
I am right there with you....

I'll take all the info I can get minus SSE info. I'm going to try and not spoil that for myself.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i just wanna know the roster, but i know i'm gonna screw myself over in that regard and spoil the whole game for myself

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
I wont have to worry cause im getting it on the 31st..
There will be plenty of videos on youtube showing everything though, i'll even be uploading my gameplay and SSE cutscenes! So if you really dont wanna be spoiled stay away from YT's SSBB videos as well. I'll post the videos up here as well so those who do want spoiers can watch them.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* I'm sure a month will be "terrible". Although, those of us in Kangaroo-land have to suffer through anywhere from 3-5 months most likely. No doubt I'll ruin the roster, how to unlock them, etc etc, no matter how much I don't want to in that time.

I'm going to try sooooo hard not to spoil the SSE but I know there'll be some *** who posts the entire plotline in one sentence in an unrelated topic. I'll read it before making the connection that it was just spoilt >.> and that person will probably have a good laugh at everyone's expense who didn't want it spoilt because, well, the internet is just full of people like that, unfortunately. >.> I know something along that line will most likely happen... *sigh* but if I can prevent at least the SSE being spoilt then that will keep me happy.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I am TOTALLY spoiling myself with whatever info I can get, story, characters, % of FS' whatever haha.

-Onyx

LamerFlamer

Smash Cadet
I'm not gonna be able to resist either. The sad thing is the excitement is building up in me right now reading the thread.

I really DO NOT want to spoil ANYTHING, I want to know basically nothing about the game when I start playing, but I know that will never happen. **** you Sakurai!

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
smashboards should just shutdown in that month, just to make it better for all of us
Quoted for impressive truth. No weak-willed person would... you know, look :estatic:
Sure the first weeks everything will be under control (short of), but most likely you'll all be used to the game and forget there's a whole continent still waiting, and spoil stuff normally, without the spoiling intention, it's just going to happen cause that's how things work :laugh:

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
I might spoil the characters and stages, but nothing else.

I still want my European release date. Then I'll make my decision. I can stay off the net quite a while.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I'll go with the roster and the stages. I don't want to know how to get them, the story, or how cool whatever is. I'll save that for myself, but I'd really like to know the full roster and stages

Croco

Smash Lord
Well we might even get to hear all the music before it comes out also.. Probably will be posted online somewhere..

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
Europe doesn't have a release date so I'm gonna have to see spoilers. No amount of spoilers could ruin this for me, just like melee. :)

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I've always wanted to know the full roster and characters, Subspace info I'll probably save but everything else is game.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
With a month between the Japanese and American releases, there is no way I'll be able to keep from spoiling the game for myself. I was already going to have a hard time waiting 2 weeks; but I REALLY doubt I can do it now. Does anyone else feel the same way?
If you freeze yourself the wait will seem instant.

Top Bottom