• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i wish doc's f-air could spike enemies

Gea

Smash Master
I wish Doc had a recovery and his magnet hands extended to when he was trying to land a grab.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I'm glad Doc's mediocre. I learned the game pretty well using this character.
If I had a free wish though, I'd probably wish for more grab range.
And yeah, the f-air ***** just fine. A spiking f-air would be kinda unnecessary.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wish doc had a bigger grab range than marth AND could grapple like samus and faster pills and falco dair and knee and ganon jab and rest and two capes NOT one and his nair was bigger and his uair and dtilt would kill at low percents and faster utilt yea

BUT KEEP HIS FAIR. Mario can keep his **** him.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I wish doc's SH Pills were like spacie's lazers...imagine not having landing lag on the pills.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Doc would be too broken without the pill lag. It would completely kill the problem I have vs Ganondorf though.
I guess all we can do now is cg him till %40 and then do w/e.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Double jump! We can nair them, maybe. I mean it's like like he's marth, but he probably can still hit us with fair...

Well I guess somewhere near that percent, haha. I still have to refine my Ganon matchup. (I don't play many)

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
if doctor mario had a powerful spike, he would probably be rated as an upper tier
if mario had a powerful KO-viable fair, he would probably be rated as an upper tier

BRAWL.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You know, I'm just glad he has pills and a bair. I love that bair!

oh and cape!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Meh. Falco's dair would still be better. We have bair. Lrn2gimp

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Dr.Mario's mediocre moves are one of the main reasons he is not a top tier. Just deal with them and use them to your advantage, because every one of his moves is useful for something, hell i even figured out how to use his tornado in battle successfully.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
How did you do that?
There are a few ways that I use doc's tornado during battle.

1. The most obvious one is to use it to recover. It only adds a small distance from when you begin to use it to the edge of the stage. However, since doc has "big hands" any extra distance could save him.

2. If someone decides to roll towards you and you don't think you can time or get a d.smash in fast enough, tornado them.

3. If someone is on a platform above you and you want to put pressure on their shield or mix things up from u.tilting you can always tornado up to them. For stages like Dream Land where the platforms are a bit too high to quickly wave land on this becomes even more useful.

4. During a combo where your enemy ends up above you and it would be awkward to u.tilt or d.air them a tornado will put a nice end to that combo sending them off to the side....potentially for more comboing.

5. If you happen to be above your enemy when they are lying on the ground and about to stand/attack, you could tornado right on top of them or d.air, n.air, etc...

6. When going up against a character that SH a lot, (such as falcon, fox or falco) you could even time it so you start a tornado for them to jump into.

7. It requires good timing as well as some practice, but if timed correctly and in the right position you can hit your opponent with the last smack of you tornado which will throw them a good distance.

*NOTE* The first hit of doc's tornado only does damage there is no stun to the opponent. So for the most part you should tornado a second before normal to get that first hit that does not stun out of the way. Also, you can move doc while tornadoing left, right, up, and down. Doc's tornado has major lag behind it so make sure you either knock your opponent out of the way at the end of it or you are not close enough to them for them to punish you. AND there is a thing called a Perfect Tornado which you can perform if your fingers are fast enough, (To know that you have performed a perfect tornado) you would be able to jump after doc begins to fall from finishing a tornado starting from the ground. There is a you tube video of this... It is also known as the PTP. The PTP will give doc a small amount of vertical distance if you are trying to recover from under the stage before an up+b.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
haha a spike with doc would be awesome, but i love his f-air! i tend to use doc on a few of the floaties (mainly jiggs) because of it. i'm a mario main, so killing floaties is hard as hell. having doc's f-air and n-air makes it much much easier for me :) not to mention is b-air has the perfect amount of knockback for some amazing gimps.

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
yes but if youre against lets say falco then a spike would be better because falco would have to tech out of it or get utterly destroyed by doc's fsamsh

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you guys want fair to spike, why not just counter with Mario? Fox/falco mains do that.

Just an idea though. What if at times we need to be comboing better against a certain character. I mean, could Mario do better against Falcon than Doc?

I don't know, but I do like uairing and doing combos and such. Mario's projectile isn't as good as pills, but we don't really need projectiles unless it's a jiggs. Pills are hard for her since she can't move fast enough vertically.

Meh, I don't know.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Why don't we Docs and Marios get along and agree to **** doubles together :D

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
docs pills are amazing. if he had fireballs he would be so bad.

his fair is better because its a kill move. you can meteor cancel marios fair forever.

just to spice the thread up.. doc has the f*cking chidori. hes too good.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
pills > fire

doc fair > mario fair (How often do we land it and even sometimes kill with it? [maybe I need to re-learn my percents for dunks]

Mario fsmash > doc fsmash (but it ain't as sexy, but even so, I miss with the chidori sometimes)

Doc uptilt > Mario uptilt (We don't want to send our opponents up, but instead sideways from the edge)

Mario's can combo better than doc can. Especially with Uairs : D

Sure, it'd be fun to see a Mario and Doc team together. I'd team. One combos and the other kills. ;p

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind Doc's f.air has a much larger range to hit, AND ITS A KILL MOVE!!!!!!!!! In my opinion one of the main reasons doc is higher than mario on the tear list is because he gets this extra kill move.

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind Doc's f.air has a much larger range to hit, AND ITS A KILL MOVE!!!!!!!!! In my opinion one of the main reasons doc is higher than mario on the tear list is because he gets this extra kill move.
Only if you're fighting lightweights

Top Bottom