• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i wish doc's f-air could spike enemies

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Rasengan (Mario Fsmash) > Chidori (Doc Fsmash)

It even showed in the early episodes of Naruto when the two ninjas blasted the water towers. Chidori has the "piercing" power, Rasengan has the "explosive" range.

We indeed have to work together to bring BOTH characters up the tier list :D

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
yes but if youre against lets say falco then a spike would be better because falco would have to tech out of it or get utterly destroyed by doc's fsamsh
haha you could just go mario if that was your strategy. he doesnt have a spike, but his f-air is close enough. but i personally prefer gimps over trying to spike a fox and falco, and doc has plenty of ways to gimp them. a spike would be awesome though. maybe if he had a d-air like luigi where he can spike with his buttocks.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
If you want combos, edgeguarding AND spikes on people, play marth =P

Anywho, I'm getting regular practice again, so ^_^

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Marth is too heavy xD Plus it feels weird not having a projectile and just having a long sword.

Marth is good though.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Pro docs KO other pros with Fair all the time...
Yea exactly, which gives Doc an extra kill move which gives him an advantage over Mario. And like I said before Doc's f.air is just another reason why he is slightly higher up on the tier list than Mario.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Yea exactly, which gives Doc an extra kill move which gives him an advantage over Mario. And like I said before Doc's f.air is just another reason why he is slightly higher up on the tier list than Mario.
yeah i agree haha. f-air works on everyone im pretty sure. it does work GREAT on floaties though. but it can be used to kill anyone else.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes but you have to make sure you actually HIT with it first. If you miss you are quite the vulnerable opponent.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Your not too vulnerable if you miss an f.air, i mean your can still DI out of the way. And you can cancel it on the ground which is also good. So it's definitely not easy to punish

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, but what if you missed the L cancel as well? What if you hit a shield? You'd be in shield stun for a bit, and then you'd be grabbed or something.

I know, I myself am a risky player haha.

Just approaching with fair is no good. (from far away)

It really depends on your situation as well.

Really, when do you LIKE to use fair? When does it work for you?

I just like to throw it out randomly. (and in a dunk)

Also sometimes if us Docs react to a high knockback hit with fair by accident... We'd die if we were off the edge.

: [ (Happens to me sometimes with the C-stick)

You try to approach marth with fair and see what happens.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but what if you missed the L cancel as well? What if you hit a shield? You'd be in shield stun for a bit, and then you'd be grabbed or something.

I know, I myself am a risky player haha.

Just approaching with fair is no good. (from far away)

It really depends on your situation as well.

Really, when do you LIKE to use fair? When does it work for you?

I just like to throw it out randomly. (and in a dunk)

Also sometimes if us Docs react to a high knockback hit with fair by accident... We'd die if we were off the edge.

: [ (Happens to me sometimes with the C-stick)

You try to approach marth with fair and see what happens.
approaching with f-air and using it as a kill move are not the same things. you want to use f-air safely because of it's consequential lag. i, typically, use it after a throw or when the opponent is in the air and open (preferrably with hit lag!). either that or after a good read. they cant sheild in the air.

examples:
out of a throw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbog-KsL1AA#t=1m38s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8bfYeeTFo#t=2m12s

opponent in the air - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Q2OFbIEcc#t=1m35s

good read - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItXPX8Se8MU#t=7m12s

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Very true Blanky. Also, if you did want to approach with it (which is not the best way to approach), you could always wait for an opining where you know they will not have time to shield. Or even if they do shield your f.air you can always L-cancel that too and follow it up with a jab.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, I meant Dunk as in - Throw up and fair = Dunk.

Also, I like to use fairs in such situations as -

Peach downsmashes, if I'm close enough, I'll punish with a fair in her head.

Yeah, like I said, not too good, but I would have to set up for a fair, like you said.

So pill and then run and fair, might work. Might not. ;P

Oh right! I just forgot something...

Fairing shields. I shouldn't fair all in their face. I should tip them with it, lol. That way I can L cancel hopefully.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Right. I do the same thing when peach d.smashes because that move takes a long time.........She's such a *****

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, I can agree to that, Peach being a *****.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
I was playing with my roommate last night and I said, " I wish Doc's F-air could spike". But then I thought of how you can tech chase/read for a kill at higher percents and punish from throws or missed L-cancels etc. and I took it back.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But Samus has missiles and a charge shot lol. Although we have pills and a cape. : ]

Smash Master
Doc has the 3rd best projectile game.

But yeah OP wat is this I don't even you need fair to kill lolol look at mario.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
the way marios fair is in brawl+(or is it project melee?) is cool. It has the doc fair hit box for most of it but then on the swing down it spikes like marios

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
the way marios fair is in brawl+(or is it project melee?) is cool. It has the doc fair hit box for most of it but then on the swing down it spikes like marios
Mario's Fair is like that in vBrawl as well. The sweetspot is a meteor and the sourspot is an outward hit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Doc has the 3rd best projectile game.

But yeah OP wat is this I don't even you need fair to kill lolol look at mario.
loool.

Yeah almost as good as lasers but slow. : [ So like, chars like jiggs are the only peeps who have trouble with them.

But pills are damn good still.

Top Bottom