• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To contrast with Sally and Bunnie, Android 21 (Dragonball) isn't a videogame character despite being created for a videogame because she is from Dragonball, which didn't originate as a videogame.
surely by that logic all pokemon are bugs because they were based on the creators love of bug collecting? and chain chomps are actually zelda characters because they were originally made for zelda.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
surely by that logic all pokemon are bugs because they were based on the creators love of bug collecting? and chain chomps are actually zelda characters because they were originally made for zelda.
No, Pokemon are fictional creatures that are original to the Pokemon franchise, and they were just inspired by bugs and not actual bugs. Chain Chomps on the other hand, they are more recognized as Mario characters, so thus Chain Chomps are Mario characters and not Legend of Zelda characters.

So if Android 21 isn't a videogame character due to the franchise that she originates from not originating as a videogame, then Sally and Bunnie are videogame characters because of my aforementioned reasons.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I’m pretty sure Lucario debuted in a Pokémon film, but I could be wrong about that. Let me fact check it real quick.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No, Pokemon are fictional creatures that are original to the Pokemon franchise, and they were just inspired by bugs and not actual bugs. Chain Chomps on the other hand, they are more recognized as Mario characters, so thus Chain Chomps are Mario characters and not Legend of Zelda characters.

So if Android 21 isn't a videogame character due to the franchise that she originates from not originating as a videogame, then Sally and Bunnie are videogame characters because of my aforementioned reasons.
NO! you cant call a character that never appeared in video games as video game characters, you cant call characters whos never appeared in an anime as an anime character. you can call them sonic characters but you cant call them video game characters. it makes no sense

I’m pretty sure Lucario debuted in a Pokémon film, but I could be wrong about that. Let me fact check it real quick.
he did but thats not the logic this guys using

Lucario originates from Pokemon, so he is still a videogame character. end of story.
but he was made for video games

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
A friendly reminder here of this, if people here were not somehow aware of this.
I'm not sure if this means anything, but I am hoping we get a Smash reveal this week.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Never posted a Twitter link so sorry if this doesn't work out.
Also, dasjfjhsdfoaseithgkjahiuasr[oifjsdhsadfjladfsjkjdf ITS HAPPENING-
I'll have to watch it afterwards because of class going on at that time, so sorry if I'm inactive then since I'm turning off notifications and not looking at smashboards or youtube or social media or discord.
Thoughts on who it could be?

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

Never posted a Twitter link so sorry if this doesn't work out.
Also, dasjfjhsdfoaseithgkjahiuasr[oifjsdhsadfjladfsjkjdf ITS HAPPENING-
I'll have to watch it afterwards because of class going on at that time, so sorry if I'm inactive then since I'm turning off notifications and not looking at smashboards or youtube or social media or discord.
Thoughts on who it could be?
I'm hoping its Tails or Sora, but I'm probably gonna end up disappointed. XD
Anyways, I just hope it's good in general.
Also, you put can display Tweet's on posts by clicking on 'Insert Media'
And you can click preview to check if it's done correctly.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm hoping its Tails or Sora, but I'm probably gonna end up disappointed. XD
Anyways, I just hope it's good in general.
Also, you put can display Tweet's on posts by clicking on 'Insert Media'
And you can click preview to check if it's done correctly.
Ok, thanks.
I'm hoping anyone Sonic, but I think if it is they'll hold off until his 30th anniversary year.
In terms of who I think it is? Really Geno is the only one I feel semi-confident about, other than that it could really be anyone.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I made this.
I wish this can become a reality tomorrow, but again preparing myself for disappointment.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I really want to see Tails make it in. He's the best Sonic character! It'd be hype to see Super Tails or the biplane for his final smash.

By the way, the flickies aren't apart of Tails' super transformation in Sonic Mania. This always confused me. Is Super Tails + Flickies the equivalent of Hyper Tails? (As in, Tails needs the Super Emeralds from Sonic 3 to get the Flickies transformation?)

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's the anniversary of Sonic 2(The Master System port), the game where our Two Tailed pal made his debut!
I was really hoping he was gonna be revealed since this month was his anniversary, even though I knew there would be disappointment, but Steve was still good and was a welcome surprise.
Happy 28th-anniversary regardless Tails!

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Here's a previous quote.

Mentioned this a few times earlier in the thread I think but we know that Sakurai is particularly a fan of both Street Fighter and Castlevania based on information that I believe can be found on Source Gaming even prior to the reveals of Ryu and Simon/Richter. And it's probably fair to say that while he doesn't dislike the Sonic franchise or anything he probably isn't as personally attached, as otherwise he probably would have added more to Sonic this time around. Everyone has the franchises they prefer, and I think we should for sure respect Sakurai's choices to beef up his longtime favorite franchise represenation even if that comes inconvenient to us when he's not as big into Sonic as we are. Though we don't know if Sega themselves have had any say on more Sonic characters either.
So does Sakurai's desire to give his favorite 3rd-party franchises additional non-primary reps, effect Chun-Li's chances of getting promoted to playable in Smash 6? If Street Fighter gets another non-primary rep in Smash 6, it would mean that Tails and Shadow can still get in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here's a previous quote.

So does Sakurai's desire to give his favorite 3rd-party franchises additional non-primary reps, effect Chun-Li's chances of getting promoted to playable in Smash 6? If Street Fighter gets another non-primary rep in Smash 6, it would mean that Tails and Shadow can still get in.
you really shouldnt use an other users speculation as proof of something

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yesterday, Kazuma (Yakuza) was deconfirmed by the Yakuza creator because the creator doesn't want to see Kazuma fight women. Both Kazuma and Tails are Sega reps. Not to mention, Tails is at least 10 million times more iconic than Kazuma.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Interesting.
In terms of the main four potential Sonic reps (our favorite fox, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow), I guess that's one less Sega opponent we have to worry about. Here's hoping the Kazuma supporters recover from their loss.
The only other competition from Sega I'm worried about at this point are Sakura Wars (idk anything about it so it could be anyone for all I care) and Arle-not counting the other Sonic characters.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Interesting.
In terms of the main four potential Sonic reps (our favorite fox, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow), I guess that's one less Sega opponent we have to worry about. Here's hoping the Kazuma supporters recover from their loss.
The only other competition from Sega I'm worried about at this point are Sakura Wars (idk anything about it so it could be anyone for all I care) and Arle-not counting the other Sonic characters.
Sakura (Sakura Wars) is obscure, but Arle is at least still iconic enough to warrant an inclusion.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Sakura (Sakura Wars) is obscure, but Arle is at least still iconic enough to warrant an inclusion.
Actually Sakura Wars is really popular and has gotten a lot of anime, manga, and game spin-offs. No reason why both Sakura and Tails couldn't both be in Smash. Heck, seeing Tails is an inventor he could easily fit into the Steampunk world of Sakura Wars as a guest character. :)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yesterday, Kazuma (Yakuza) was deconfirmed by the Yakuza creator because the creator doesn't want to see Kazuma fight women. Both Kazuma and Tails are Sega reps. Not to mention, Tails is at least 10 million times more iconic than Kazuma.
what an odd reason

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Actually Sakura Wars is really popular and has gotten a lot of anime, manga, and game spin-offs.
I think Sakura Wars is only popular within the East. I still think that Sakura (Sakura Wars) is too obscure for now.

No reason why both Sakura and Tails couldn't both be in Smash. Heck, seeing Tails is an inventor he could easily fit into the Steampunk world of Sakura Wars as a guest character. :)
LOL! This is like saying Chun-Li and Viewtiful Joe can be playable in the same game.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
im fairly certain they have
Yeah, Tatsunoko vs Capcom had both Chun-Li and Viewtful Joe so it wouldn't be too hard to imagine both a Sakura Wars rep and Tails in Smash Bros.

Alright, now THAT'S a crossover I wanna see.
It'd be a stragedy game with a build your own mech with Tails bonus game not unlike crafting recepies in the first 3 Paper Mario games. I don't know if the dating part of the game would still happen but I'd like to think it could be altered to a friendship sim if Sega thought the romance option for Sonic characters isn't a good fit.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's so odd to me when Knuckles is pushed over Tails. Eggman I understand, even Shadow to an extent. But Knuckles is literally 3 in counting 1,2,3.

As far as Tails- given how Sonic plays, I'd have been fine with him as an altered echo- being slower, but being given a unique ability to fly/hover (or even grab people in the air). With just this one change (which granted, changes the entire moveset balancing, heavily), it would still feel like OG Tails, and Sonic would be as fleshed out as ... Castlevania. What an odd sentence.

I guess I expected more echoes, though. Dixie and Tails could have even used similar coding for the helicopter visual (though they'd function differently). Alas... they, along with Protoman/Zero, seem unlikely to be.

Sure, Tails can be a unique character... but I doubt that he would be, or even should be. I love him, but it would definitely feel...different... than the other DLC we have.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It's so odd to me when Knuckles is pushed over Tails. Eggman I understand, even Shadow to an extent. But Knuckles is literally 3 in counting 1,2,3.

As far as Tails- given how Sonic plays, I'd have been fine with him as an altered echo- being slower, but being given a unique ability to fly/hover (or even grab people in the air). With just this one change (which granted, changes the entire moveset balancing, heavily), it would still feel like OG Tails, and Sonic would be as fleshed out as ... Castlevania. What an odd sentence.

I guess I expected more echoes, though. Dixie and Tails could have even used similar coding for the helicopter visual (though they'd function differently). Alas... they, along with Protoman/Zero, seem unlikely to be.

Sure, Tails can be a unique character... but I doubt that he would be, or even should be. I love him, but it would definitely feel...different... than the other DLC we have.
Agreed, his tails and inventions can make him very unique, but I doubt Nintendo would actually do it. Same deal for Shadow. This is why I'd like Eggman most from a gameplay perspective because of how unique he is compared to the other three.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Big agree. And most, if not all, of his up close attacks should utilize his tails of course.
Yeah, I'd try to keep curling up into a ball to a minimum - maybe a nair and/or down B, but nothing beyond that. I wouldn't want his jump animation to be a ball curl either, I'd prefer his little jumping animation from Tails' Adventure, followed by some tail flaps. His up B would be like Jigglypuff and pre-3DS/Wii U Yoshi in that it's not a recovery move. He'd be quite light given his age (he'd probably be the youngest non-artificial character in Smash if he got in) and air association. He would shout "SOOOONIIIIICCCCC!" when he gets Star KO'd, which'd have a double meaning depending on the matchup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom