• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
It just hurts man, I put to much heart and soul into an unknown I guess. It still hurts. Every time I see one of the third party echoes I cry on the inside just a bit.
I understand, dude. Shadow really did seem like a lock until yesterday. Many of us hoped to miraculously get both Tails AND Shadow... It's a real shame. Hopefully Shadow can at least get a Mii Costume this time, seeing how much the fans wanted him.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
I understand, dude. Shadow really did seem like a lock until yesterday. Many of us hoped to miraculously get both Tails AND Shadow... It's a real shame. Hopefully Shadow can at least get a Mii Costume this time, seeing how much the fans wanted him.
No Character is ever a lock..
Still people shouldn't get their hopes up
Too High, but unfortunately most shadow fans
expectations went through the roof...and the aftermath..
speaks for itself. heh.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
So what can we do to spread the Tails word around? I noticed that in the initial spirits reveal screen, Tails was one of the first spirits shown. Along with Waddle Dee, maybe Sakurai is hinting at something.

Lmao let me dream. I wanna get the Sonic fan base United, after going through this Smash cycle I discovered that we’re bigger than I thought. The Shadow support was crazy. Let’s find a way to let Nintendo and Sakurai know how much we love Sonic.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So what can we do to spread the Tails word around? I noticed that in the initial spirits reveal screen, Tails was one of the first spirits shown. Along with Waddle Dee, maybe Sakurai is hinting at something.

Lmao let me dream. I wanna get the Sonic fan base United, after going through this Smash cycle I discovered that we’re bigger than I thought. The Shadow support was crazy. Let’s find a way to let Nintendo and Sakurai know how much we love Sonic.
You don’t have to worry about spirits deconfirming

Original wii fit trainer
Original daisy
King k rool
And meta Ridley

We’re spotted as spirits

So invalid arguements against characters who are spirits

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
You don’t have to worry about spirits deconfirming

Original wii fit trainer
Original daisy
King k rool
And meta Ridley

We’re spotted as spirits

So invalid arguements against characters who are spirits
I've been saying the same thing across YouTube lol.
If Spirits deconfirm characters then that means
the ones who are basically not present in ultimate
are a candidate...Which is SILLY.
But i imagine MOST DLC will be Third Party.

Last edited:

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425

Maybe Sakurai is Secretly a Tails Fan...Lmao I'm Messing x3

SonicMario

Smash Master
All we can really do is either hope Tails makes it into the 5 or there's a 2nd Fighter pass eventually. There's word out there of possibly at least 2 or 3 of the 5 already known.

2nd Square Enix character
Steve from Minecraft
Katalina from Granblue

Only leaving 2 more if that's the case. Tails is the most likely 2nd Sonic rep now, but we don't know if it will even happen at all now. I do think at the very least Tails' has a great chance however if there is a 2nd fighter pass eventually. But again we don't know if that will happen. I do kinda wonder if Sakurai's "I wonder if I'll ever get to take a break" was a little more then a joke on his part heh. It could be just a joke given we know Sakurai's such a workaholic. But I do think a 2nd Fighter pass would probably be the last one. With Piranha Plant + the 5 characters in the fighter pass. That's already more unique characters then Smash 4's DLC. And they have to be balanced across this large roster.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I have 2 questions...

1. Are The Sonic Fans on Tails side now or are they still hoping for Shadow and his Assist will be gone in favor for DLC? Cause if so, then that is definitely the 5 Stages of Grief...

2. Who is Katalina? Characters in Smash should be well known and not too obscure, I know plenty of franchises and I've NEVER heard of Granblue, I even know Region Exlusive series, If a Super New IP character gets in then that's just...super questionable...

Update : Okay I just searched up Granblue...EXCUSE WHAT!? They have no connection to Nintendo, it's just a obscure Mobile and PC game, and even of that's popular in Japan, Then to justify it, put it on Switch, if it isn't on Switch, then that's definitely not justified.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
2. Who is Katalina? Characters in Smash should be well known and not too obscure, I know plenty of franchises and I've NEVER heard of Granblue, I even know Region Exlusive series, If a Super New IP character gets in then that's just...super questionable...
She's from Granblue Fantasy, a Japan-only mobile game made by many of the same people who made the early Final Fantasy games. I don't think she's very likely to be added.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Guys remember, Tails had a Mii costume like :ultinkling:,:ultkrool:,:ultchrom:, :ultisabelle:, Ashley, Knuckles, Zero, Black Knight, and Virtual Fighter who have all been confirmed as playable characters or Assist for Ultimate. So Tails has a very high chance of being in as DLC, especially now that Shadow is deconfirmed.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Guys remember, Tails had a Mii costume like :ultinkling:,:ultkrool:,:ultchrom:, :ultisabelle:, Ashley, Knuckles, Zero, Black Knight, and Virtual Fighter who have all been confirmed as playable characters or Assist for Ultimate. So Tails has a very high chance of being in as DLC, especially now that Shadow is deconfirmed.
I'd be careful about saying high chance. But yes, the Mii costume is the one thing we have right now. We just don't know if Mii costume upgrades to Playable will continue into DLC. I think we would have to cheer for Geno to make sure that is the case, but I think Geno's going to lose out to another Square Enix character. I feel Geno was base game or bust (Or at least Geno could of been where Piranha Plant ended up being included as a free bonus for buying the game before the end of January next year). And I kind of feel it's more likely that at least in this fighter pass, it will have mainly unrepresented franchise 3rd parties. Though I think currently represented would be possible in a 2nd one.

I advise us all to be careful in our expectations here. The Mii costume gives us an argument. And if Sonic gets another character in DLC. We know for sure it will be Tails now.

We just can't be 100% sure that will be enough. Let's not make the same mistake as saying Tails is a lock like people were saying about Shadow.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
I'd be careful about saying high chance. But yes, the Mii costume is the one thing we have right now. We just don't know if Mii costume upgrades to Playable will continue into DLC. I think we would have to cheer for Geno to make sure that is the case, but I think Geno's going to lose out to another Square Enix character. I feel Geno was base game or bust (Or at least Geno could of been where Piranha Plant ended up being included as a free bonus for buying the game before the end of January next year). And I kind of feel it's more likely that at least in this fighter pass, it will have mainly unrepresented franchise 3rd parties. Though I think currently represented would be possible in a 2nd one.

I advise us all to be careful in our expectations here. The Mii costume gives us an argument. And if Sonic gets another character in DLC. We know for sure it will be Tails now.

We just can't be 100% sure that will be enough. Let's not make the same mistake as saying Tails is a lock like people were saying about Shadow.
I don't think he said Tails was a Lock nor is anyone..
he just probably meant he has a High Chance cuz Shadow is Gone[Which he does]
And people thought Shadow was a lock because of "easy echo fighter" also
cuz he was the only Sonic Character[Besides sonic] who was popular than Tails
Yet People were pretty Quiet about Tails cuz of Shadow,
We can remain hopeful tho, nothing wrong with that. :)

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Something that’s always bugged me about Tails is Green Hill Zone. Him still appearing and all. I guess Knuckles kinda puts this to rest? Has Knux been spotted in Green Hill yet? I’m sure you’ve all been over this before.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Something that’s always bugged me about Tails is Green Hill Zone. Him still appearing and all. I guess Knuckles kinda puts this to rest? Has Knux been spotted in Green Hill yet? I’m sure you’ve all been over this before.
Yes Knuckles is still there. So it's possible to have Knuckles in two spots (With very difficult RNG to get that but still)

Though to be fair it's not as ridiculous as say all the spots Chrom can be now. Chrom is still in Robin's Final Smash, Chrom is an Echo fighter, AND the Chrom Mii costume is back so... yeah...

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Alright, so, one question is unanswered, will Shadow fans jump on the Tails Gravy Train, and I mean Support, not likelyhood, if so, then I will welcome them, even after the...nevermind, more support means Unity, I never thought it would be the Shadow Fans at the bottem, and the likely hood of Eggman being a boss is high, so any 2nd Rep for the Sonic Series is definitely Tails.

Also, People are saying that Shadow can still be a Echo and just get rid of his Assist Trophy...i don't see that working, and now that DLC belong to Unique Only, it's far more likely that a Unique Tails is being worked on than a Unique Shadow.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Shadow supporter here. After that crushing defeat at the hands of Sakurai’s bias I’m more than willing to support Tails. Never disliked the cute little guy, and at this point he’s the only hope us Sonic fans have left for a 2nd rep.

Sakurai hates Sonic though, so I doubt we’ll ever get one. I’m convinced of that now. Shadow would have been so easy, and he made so much sense. It’s a rough world we live in
Hey, nice to see a Shadow supporter here who's actually pretty friendly to us.
I don't mean to point you out like a sore thumb, I'm just used to most other Shadow fans mocking us for wanting Tails. You are some of the few people here who wasn't like that. Nice to see you come to our side. Sorry about Shadow being an Assist.
So...What we thinking? Does This Sound Good?

View attachment 175089
Yes Knuckles is still there. So it's possible to have Knuckles in two spots (With very difficult RNG to get that but still)

Though to be fair it's not as ridiculous as say all the spots Chrom can be now. Chrom is still in Robin's Final Smash, Chrom is an Echo fighter, AND the Chrom Mii costume is back so... yeah...
Wait Chrom is still a part of Robin's Final Smash, the ****?!
Also, if Chrom still has his Mii Costume then Tails most likely still has his too. Does that actually make his chances higher or lower if that happens though?

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Alright, so, one question is unanswered, will Shadow fans jump on the Tails Gravy Train, and I mean Support, not likelyhood, if so, then I will welcome them, even after the...nevermind, more support means Unity, I never thought it would be the Shadow Fans at the bottem, and the likely hood of Eggman being a boss is high, so any 2nd Rep for the Sonic Series is definitely Tails.

Also, People are saying that Shadow can still be a Echo and just get rid of his Assist Trophy...i don't see that working, and now that DLC belong to Unique Only, it's far more likely that a Unique Tails is being worked on than a Unique Shadow.
At this point I'm not sure support even matters. Whether or not Shadow fans back Tails now or completely shut off from Smash speculation. Here's the facts: Tails already got the Mii costume, obviously the team has recognized Tails as a character people want. The only question is if they'll leave the Mii costume as our consolation prize once again, or if they plan on upgrading him eventually. Tails is the only Sega mii costume to not be upgraded (Or well there was Jacky, but Akira's the main character in Virtua Fighter so...) unless somehow Spirits counts

When characters like Isaac or Geno though that have had hardcore supporters for over a decade still couldn't get their character quite in yet. We just have to hope we get lucky. Now Tails is far more in the mainstream in terms of Isaac or Geno. But in terms of there being campaigns to get them into Smash. Isaac and Geno had it large.

We just have to pray that Tails was chosen. We may have to hope there's a 2nd Fighter pack since I'm not sure Tails would of made it into this initial fighter pack. If a 2nd one happens, Sakurai and/or Nintendo can ask around. And if they go to Sega, Sega could very well choose Tails to come along with a Sonic Mania stage (Due to the massive success of that game). I think our big threats now are other Sega owned characters like Arle from Puyo Puyo and an ATLUS character. Let's just hope the Mii costume upgrades gives Tails a leg up though.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Hey, nice to see a Shadow supporter here who's actually pretty friendly to us.
I don't mean to point you out like a sore thumb, I'm just used to most other Shadow fans mocking us for wanting Tails. You are some of the few people here who wasn't like that. Nice to see you come to our side. Sorry about Shadow being an Assist.

Wait Chrom is still a part of Robin's Final Smash, the ****?!
Also, if Chrom still has his Mii Costume then Tails most likely still has his too. Does that actually make his chances higher or lower if that happens though?
Honestly man, I LOVE Shadow, but the main reason why I supported him over Tails, was because he seemed MUCH more likely. Now that he’s deconfirmed there’s nothing left in the way of Tails support.
I’ve always thought that Tails made more sense, being Sonic’s #2 but honestly I just wanted a 2nd Sonic rep. So I supported Shadow. Now Tails is the only hope left for a 2nd rep in Ultimate. So I’m all aboard the Tails train now.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Honestly man, I LOVE Shadow, but the main reason why I supported him over Tails, was because he seemed MUCH more likely. Now that he’s deconfirmed there’s nothing left in the way of Tails support.
I’ve always thought that Tails made more sense, being Sonic’s #2 but honestly I just wanted a 2nd Sonic rep. So I supported Shadow. Now Tails is the only hope left for a 2nd rep in Ultimate. So I’m all aboard the Tails train now.
It's nice to see you have that much love for Sonic.
That's something I can respect.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
I think the Piranha Plant will answer some of our questions. Like, does it have a Spirit? Does Petey Piranha have a Spirit? Does it count towards the 5 planned DLC fighters? (I think we're all assuming not) If it doesn't, will there be any other standalone DLC fighters without stages? There's honestly still so many questions...

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think the Piranha Plant will answer some of our questions. Like, does it have a Spirit? Does Petey Piranha have a Spirit? Does it count towards the 5 planned DLC fighters? (I think we're all assuming not) If it doesn't, will there be any other standalone DLC fighters without stages? There's honestly still so many questions...
It's already been noted Piranha Plant is not one of the 5 in the pass. So yeah, he's on his own after January 31st next year.

The first actual fighter pass character is likely whomever is the 2nd Square Enix character.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice

I think it all depends, if we get Geno as that 2nd Square rep, that's one of the third party mii costumes down. If we get Hehachi or Lloyd that's another 2 on the Namco Bandai side which could help strengthen his chances. The thing is I'm almost certain they already know who all 5 candidates will be.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I assume that while we don't know for sure yet, the Tails spirit will allow fighters more recovery, extra jumps, or perhaps give one of those jetpacks in the beginning of the fight. I do hope at the very least Tails is a primary spirit, if Tails doesn't become playable even in DLC. At least having him a primary help to Sonic would be something.

I imagine if you come across Tails in either the Spirit mode or the Adventure mode. You will fight a Mii with the Tails costume.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
So a little love was shown to Tails Today!
The Menu Was Shown off today and in the spirits menu,
Eggman was Shown lol, but if you press it, Tails' Render is also seen
in one of the Spirit Menus along with M.Bison.

The Only Two Sonic Characters on menu's ^^[Other Than sonic lol]
GameXplain Uploaded it.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Guys, I have some news from Japan, Daisy as a Spirt!

View attachment 175391
Nice!!! Conspiracy time.... what if Sakurai held off on Shadow BECUASE the lad Tails was already on the DLC list? It certainly seems like spirits is giving him a lot of screen time. I dunno, like I said earlier, he was one of the initial spirits shown. I’m gonna cling to the smallest molecule of hope for him.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Guys... I don't feel like Tails being highlighted as a spirit so heavily is a good thing... If anything, I think it seals his fate that this is all he gets. I mean, I'd love to be wrong, but a menu icon? Anyone ever get promoted out of a menu icon in Smash 4 DLC??

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Guys... I don't feel like Tails being highlighted as a spirit so heavily is a good thing... If anything, I think it seals his fate that this is all he gets. I mean, I'd love to be wrong, but a menu icon? Anyone ever get promoted out of a menu icon in Smash 4 DLC??
Nah Cuz Sonic is a menu icon and other Playable characters!

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Nah Cuz Sonic is a menu icon and other Playable characters!
Yeah, representing them as playable characters, but ah...
I checked. Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas weren't in the menu icons for Smash 4. Knuckles, Takamaru, and Isabelle did in the trophies section though, and they got to be costumes... I'm just saying... This could be interpreted as the Mii Costume being the best we can hope for...

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
how do we spread support? is their something we can sign or anything?

SonicMario

Smash Master
how do we spread support? is their something we can sign or anything?
As I've already stated, I don't think support is entirely necessary. Heck, as established previously besides maybe Bayonetta getting a huge push in the few weeks. Support after the game hardly affects Smash DLC.

I will repeat as many times as necessary. Tails already has the Mii costume, the dev team are thus aware of Tails. I thought Akira would of gotten nothing, but then he became an assist. So it's kinda suspicious that Tails doesn't seem to have anything more yet. It just depends if they really want to add another Sonic character. If they do, Tails is guaranteed with Knuckles & Shadow as ATs and Eggman less requested for Smash.

We just can't expect that to be a guarantee to happen. But no campaign is going to make it any more likely that they do.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
As I've already stated, I don't think support is entirely necessary. Heck, as established previously besides maybe Bayonetta getting a huge push in the few weeks. Support after the game hardly affects Smash DLC.

I will repeat as many times as necessary. Tails already has the Mii costume, the dev team are thus aware of Tails. I thought Akira would of gotten nothing, but then he became an assist. So it's kinda suspicious that Tails doesn't seem to have anything more yet. It just depends if they really want to add another Sonic character. If they do, Tails is guaranteed with Knuckles & Shadow as ATs and Eggman less requested for Smash.

We just can't expect that to be a guarantee to happen. But no campaign is going to make it any more likely that they do.
I actually hear a lot of Eggman wishes. Particularly in reference to Shadow. I used to hear a lot of “why would anyone want Shadow over Eggman” comments. Personally I hope he’s a boss.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
[QUOTE="SonicMario, post: 22665985, member: 65678"Eggman less requested for Smash.[/QUOTE]
Not only that, they usually add the sidekick before the lead villain. Luigi got in before Bowser, Falco got in before Wolf, and Diddy Kong got in before King K. Rool. Those are just some examples.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
I think we really do need to campaign for Tails, guys. I think we have a limited window to catch Sakurai's attention if he hasn't decided all the DLC already. A loud outcry for particular characters in this moment *may* sway him a little, if he manages to hear it. The only trouble is... our outcry may still sound small in comparison to others. (As someone who grew up in the 90s, I am saddened that we live in a world where Tails is outshined in the public eye by so many... even by a Piranha Plant according to Sakurai -_-)

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I think we really do need to campaign for Tails, guys. I think we have a limited window to catch Sakurai's attention if he hasn't decided all the DLC already. A loud outcry for particular characters in this moment *may* sway him a little, if he manages to hear it. The only trouble is... our outcry may still sound small in comparison to others. (As someone who grew up in the 90s, I am saddened that we live in a world where Tails is outshined in the public eye by so many... even by a Piranha Plant according to Sakurai -_-)
(Speaks Like The Doctor from Doctor Who)

Alrighty, so, how about this...

#Tails'FinalStandForDLC

Because, for over 11 years, this will be the best chance Tails has to being a character, trust me, I've had my foot in Smash Melee, I know the way this works, Eggman is most likely a Boss, good, fun, new and better, it helps are chances, Shadow and Knuckles are Assist and if we believe, the Spirits of everything and everyone dosen't stop him...he's solid, not lock, but Solid.

Us Sonic Fans, we're infamous for are loud voice's, the fanbase got everyone on board with Shadow, we can do it for Tails, use Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, use everything to give your voice, and let's help the Geno, Dixie, and the beauty that is the Shantae Fans with there characters, we make alliances, we stand as one, we stand as a unit...

Tails Last Stand...It's Now Or Never, WHO'S WITH ME!?

I'll make a poster...

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
[QUOTE="SonicMario, post: 22665985, member: 65678"Eggman less requested for Smash.
Not only that, they usually add the sidekick before the lead villain. Luigi got in before Bowser, Falco got in before Wolf, and Diddy Kong got in before King K. Rool. Those are just some examples.[/QUOTE]

Finally someone said it!
I Said this Numerous times! Not here Mind You!

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to discourage a campaign. Go on ahead and give it a try if you're passionate about it.

We just need to remember what happened last time with DLC where the Smash 4 ballot campaigns didn't quite matter until this game. And from reports, the DLC may have long been chosen. Possibly not long after the base roster was decided. Because notice how Sakurai explicitly mentioned Rex didn't make it. If there's a 2nd fighter pass season, then maybe. But for now I feel like we can only hope Tails pulls off a miracle and manages to be one of the 5.

(I might of heard Vergeben actually said the Granblue character mentioned earlier isn't happening which would leave one more spot and would certainly be good news. But I can't verify that. Verge is only certain about the 2nd Square Enix character at least. So if Steve isn't in, that still leaves 4 relatively unknown spots)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When characters like Isaac or Geno though that have had hardcore supporters for over a decade still couldn't get their character quite in yet. We just have to hope we get lucky. Now Tails is far more in the mainstream in terms of Isaac or Geno. But in terms of there being campaigns to get them into Smash. Isaac and Geno had it large.
When I think of all the fans that voted for Geno and Isaac, I just think of the hardcore Smash fans because of them being obscure characters. Tails on the other hand is a gaming icon and is the 2nd most iconic co-protagonist in gaming after Luigi.

I don't get why some people think all the votes in the Smash Ballot just came directly only from Smashboards, the Smash sub-reddit, and other big Smash community sites on the Internet. There was votes from everybody around the world, and a lot of votes probably came from casual gamers, so people shouldn't think all the votes only came from fans from all the big Smash fan sites.

I remember IGN was campaigning for Tails during the Smash Ballot. That could be the reason he got the Mii costume back in Smash 4 because he got a lot of votes. I believe we will see Tails in Ultimate as one of the DLC characters because of these reasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom