• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
LMAO. You already know that ****s about to happen. Let's keep it real. Edlegard is not only a character closely related to an upcoming Fire Emblem title which would be great promotion for that game just like with Corrin, but the character is an axe wielder--which one of the criticisms of the Fire Emblem characters have been primarily that they're all sword wielders. On top of all that she's a pretty female character, which means even many detractors will cave in and accept her inclusion anyway. No doubt in my mind that this is the first party character that is MOST likely at this point. They haven't left many new characters to the imagination and I don't know if they'll pull a character from the Luigi's Mansion 3 or Metroid Prime 4.
*Sighs* Again I really think they shouldn't add any promotional characters as DLC, this time.
Even though I like Corrin, I think the reason he/she got so much backlash was that people were expecting a character from the Ballot. Not someone to advertise a new game. And considering that this is apparently the 'Ultimate' game, they focused on more requested characters.
Ridley, King K. Rool, Chrom, Simon(I saw him going around the Ballot a bit), Isabelle(Same with Simon),Ken(I actually did see him on a few people's wishlists), Incineroar(One of the most popular Pokemon in Japan), Dark Samus(Another requested echo and was the second most wanted Metroid character) and the Inkling(Was a pretty high candidate in the Ballot surprisingly).
I doubt they would betray us like that.
And yes, you could argue with Phirana Plant, but he's a free character for a few months, Sakurai wanted to experiment around, I'm pretty sure he isn't a Promotional character and is the joke character of this game.
It just wouldn't be a good move. Especially if it is yet again another Fire Emblem character.
I'd maybe accept someone from Gamefreak's new RPG, Town but that's it. And that's a maybe, mind you.
If you really think about it, our odds aren't really any different then they were at the start of the week. Our ability to campaign has just pretty much been taken away, which I think maybe Sakurai did because maybe he knows how volatile the Smash fanbase had gotten over the past couple months and wanted to put a stop to it? (I'm sure there's a loooot of salt after the last Direct over deconfirmed characters, for sure...)

We could always keep up the chatter in the appropriate places (like here), keeping our wanted characters in peoples' minds on the slim off-chance that a second wave of DLC happens. Who knows, maybe if a second DLC wave happens, a new ballot will accompany it? (I highly doubt it, though)

....(keeping a crazy hope that Nintendo picked Tails in order to help promote Team Sonic Racing or other Sonic games coming to the Switch... >_< I dun wanna give uuuup!!)
Hey, good point. We do have SEGA AGES on the Switch with Sonic 2 releasing later in 2019 with also Sonic Team Racing on the Switch.
Both of those games have Tails in them too, unlike Shadow and Knuckles.
Edit: Sonic also has four games on the Switch in general now too. Tails has the edge over the other SEGA characters.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
If you really think about it, our odds aren't really any different then they were at the start of the week. Our ability to campaign has just pretty much been taken away, which I think maybe Sakurai did because maybe he knows how volatile the Smash fanbase had gotten over the past couple months and wanted to put a stop to it? (I'm sure there's a loooot of salt after the last Direct over deconfirmed characters, for sure...)

We could always keep up the chatter in the appropriate places (like here), keeping our wanted characters in peoples' minds on the slim off-chance that a second wave of DLC happens. Who knows, maybe if a second DLC wave happens, a new ballot will accompany it? (I highly doubt it, though)

....(keeping a crazy hope that Nintendo picked Tails in order to help promote Team Sonic Racing or other Sonic games coming to the Switch... >_< I dun wanna give uuuup!!)
Nah, I think this was always going to be the outcome regardless of community behavior. The ballot was done to gauge what possible newcomers people would be interested in for an upcoming game as part of the base roster, since that is no longer the case and there are most likely no plans for another game right now everything begins to make sense. If we are to believe that the DLC for Smash 4 was pre-planned,they were obviously going to have pre-planned DLC lined up for Ultimate. The ballot having anything to do with Smash 4 was a grand illusion on the part of Nintendo,and it just wouldn't work anymore- for one it would it either allude to another game happening for sure or two, it would take ages for DLC to come out and I think Nintendo wants to strike while the game is hot right now.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Look, Until we know who those five characters are,
I'm Never Giving up hope! because it could be
Anybody[Except Assist trophies], even when the DLC is already decided!
Nobody really knows who's showing up.

If Tails doesn't make it, its Ok.
But as of now i'd rather eat dirt
than call it a day on tails' chances This soon.

Just keepin it Real with everyone!

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Tails is still my favorite Sonic character and I'm pretty excited at the prospect of him as dlc. I don't think it's likely, but I don't think "predictions" are possible anymore, so I'll just allow myself to be pleasantly surprised if he manages to get in.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I think this was always going to be the outcome regardless of community behavior. The ballot was done to gauge what possible newcomers people would be interested in for an upcoming game as part of the base roster, since that is no longer the case and there are most likely no plans for another game right now everything begins to make sense. If we are to believe that the DLC for Smash 4 was pre-planned,they were obviously going to have pre-planned DLC lined up for Ultimate. The ballot having anything to do with Smash 4 was a grand illusion on the part of Nintendo,and it just wouldn't work anymore- for one it would it either allude to another game happening for sure or two, it would take ages for DLC to come out and I think Nintendo wants to strike while the game is hot right now.
If everything was pre-planned, then that might mean there might not be any promotional characters.
I don't think Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Town were in development at that time. Especially Three Houses since Fates was the most recemt game at the time and they must have been working on Echoes at the time. Though if DLC was pre-planned along with the base roster, then what does that mean for Tails?
Since, again Shadow was still an Assist at the time of the Ballot causing people to vote for Tails, and WatchMojo and IGN pushing for Tails, meaning potential quiet voters, could Tails have a decent chance? I mean this was before everyone wanted Shadow and this is pre-planned, so this means Tails' chances have rose a bit at least.
Also for the 'while the game is hot' thing.
Well, I mean it is Smash. I don't think Nintendo has to worry about relevancy.
They could have released DLC for Smash 4 at the end of 2017 and people would have buyed it.
Of course, yeah it'd take ages for DLC to come out, but I just wanted to point out that you never have to worry about relevancy with Smash.

Last edited:

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
So, GameXplain posted a Video about there thoughts on the DLC Selection of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Tails actually appeared, here is the video.

https://youtu.be/SM0dd0_CCzo

At 17:45, Tails is discussed.
Glad to hear it. I'm staying off Youtube for a while, though, so not even watching it. The whole culture surrounding youtube just filled me with so much anxiety, especially with regards to Smash this year, and it's like PTSD when I consider going back at this point...

It sounds like Nintendo planned this DLC very recently, because in the Direct it was said DLC wasn't locked in yet (last week!) and now all of a sudden it is? That at least makes me question Vergeben...for once. How can he have known about something before it was decided? That's fishy.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Seems like the discussion of Tails from GameExplain has even reached topics over at Gamefaqs. I guess we should be pretty thankful that Shadow is out of the running because by the looks of it, a lot of people are talking about the two tailed fox more.

Last edited:

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I’m remaining optimistic, I have a feeling he’ll make it, at least I hope he does.
It's good to be optimistic, I'm that kind of guy. Also, now that Shadow is out of the way, nearly every Sonic fan will go for Eggman or Tails, and if Eggman is in Spirits as a Boss, then that means the ONLY Sonic Rep we can get logically is Tails. We're in the period where people aren't sleeping on Tails, this happened in Brawl, then Smash 4 DLC, then Now Smash Ultimate DLC, even if Tails dosen't make it, let's enjoy this, let's enjoy being near the top of speculation.

Chrono.

I don't know what to think of Tails in regards to DLC. He feels like a long shot for sure, but I was also sure Shadow would be playable.

DLC is in uncharted territory now that we know it was decided entirely by Nintendo, but we don't really know what it means either.

I'm still rallying for him though, at least he doesn't feel impossible like my other most wanted characters (who are Neku Sakuraba and Lloyd Irving.)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Admittedly it's probably going to be hard to keep this thread active. With the way DLC is being approached, campaigns are useless. We can only post about how we hope Tails was chosen against all odds so many times.

Plus we don't quite have anything new regarding Sonic to talk about much prior to Ultimate's release. Maybe at least what we hope Tails does as a spirit? Like who represents him if you fight his spirit (I imagine it will just be a mii on the Tails costume like how Lip's is, I do believe it should return. But should they decide to not do that, either a Sonic or a faster fox equipped with a jetpack could work)

And as cool as things such as Game Explain mentioning Tails, at this stage it won't mean much. As there are probably several things that Game explain has brought up as possibilities that still haven't come into fruition. Maybe occasionally Jon gets some insider knowledge like with his strangely accurate mentions prior to the September direct, but as seen with his mentions of a non-echo Shadow or Banjo-Kazooie. He also ends up saying stuff that don't turn out true, meaning there are times where they're just speculating and putting possible names out there as we are just like us. It does at least help make the possibility of Tails reach a wider audience then a thread on Smashboards. That's a good thing.

Tails' fate just entirely depends if a 2nd Sonic character ever happens in Ultimate. If it does, it's going to be Tails. Some may raise a finger regarding Dr. Eggman. But if we're going by more requested, mii costumes, a bit of a reminder that last game's DLC often had characters that were made off a base of another character even if they were turned fully unique (Ex: Some Zero Suit Samus files were found in creating Bayonetta in data mines) then Tails WILL be the next Sonic character if it happens. And it'd probably be easier for Sakurai's team to Tails to borrow some Sonic moves and then maybe figure out some more unique aspects for Tails as they develop him. Tails would likely be an Isabelle situation where the hard work is done as much almost as much as an entirely unique character, but some specials will have to be alterations of the same moves Sonic had. Or like I've mentioned if Echoes ever show up again in DLC, we could see Tails take the Ken route.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Just out of curiosity, if Sakurai had to pick from Dr. Eggman or Tails, who would he pick? I don't really care if this is likely or not, but your honest opinion...

I think that Eggman will be in Smash Bros...as a Boss for the World Of Light Story Mode, it makes alot of sense, with Dracula, Rathalos and even Galleom returning from Smash Brawl, I think that Eggman has the potential to be a incredible boss.

Also, if you believe if Tails is in or not, I got what I wanted. A way for Tails to help me or effect the battle in a way, as either Playable, Assist, Hazerd or (Now we know) Spirit, I've wanted Tails on my side since Melee, and at the end of they day, I got that. Just saying that makes me shed a tear.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Just out of curiosity, if Sakurai had to pick from Dr. Eggman or Tails, who would he pick? I don't really care if this is likely or not, but your honest opinion...
I fully believe Tails would come first. Sakurai doesn't seem to be adding too many villains, it took so many years of dedication and support for Ridley and K. Rool to finally make it. And those were 1st party villains. Not sure how it'd get in his mind to include a 3rd party villain. (I guess he considered Heihachi, he's kind of a villain. But being one of the many recurring fighters in the Tekken series. That situations a little different as it's perfectly possible to include Heihachi without anyone else. You can't however have Eggman without Sonic)

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
The secondary character always makes it in before the rival or villain of the franchise. Between Tails and Dr. Eggman, Sakurai would absolutely pick Tails.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

I think that Eggman will be in Smash Bros...as a Boss for the World Of Light Story Mode, it makes alot of sense, with Dracula, Rathalos and even Galleom returning from Smash Brawl, I think that Eggman has the potential to be a incredible boss.

Also, if you believe if Tails is in or not, I got what I wanted. A way for Tails to help me or effect the battle in a way, as either Playable, Assist, Hazerd or (Now we know) Spirit, I've wanted Tails on my side since Melee, and at the end of they day, I got that. Just saying that makes me shed a tear.
Not being biased here, but I think it'd be Tails. Sidekicks always came before villains.
Only exception here was for Metroid, with Ridley but I could only could like one good guy who would make an interesting character and that'd be Rundas from Metroid Prime 3. But he wasn't as popular as Ridley and Dark Samus.
Even then Tails is more requested then Eggman, so that's two reasons going against him.
Also, if Nintendo is picking more recognisable characters, where does that place Tails? Because Tails is a recognisable character to gaming in general, and if Nintendo is focusing on more recognisable characters, then Tails has a high chance, as a Third Party at least.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
its sakurai hes does what ever he wants
And Sakurai has wanted to give secondary characters priority since Smash 64. We didn't even get Shadow as an Echo despite everyone being so sure of it. Besides, I'm willing to bet that SEGA would probably opt to have Tails in over Eggman as well. When it comes to third party negotiations both sides need to have a say.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
And Sakurai has wanted to give secondary characters priority since Smash 64. We didn't even get Shadow as an Echo despite everyone being so sure of it. Besides, I'm willing to bet that SEGA would probably opt to have Tails in over Eggman as well. When it comes to third party negotiations both sides need to have a say.
I get that there seems to be a pattern, but I don't think that is something that Sakurai is consciously following. Personally, I think Tails would be more likely as a fighter before Eggman - I could imagine Eggman as a boss/assist trophy, similar to Wily.

I'd like either equally though, a playable Eggman would be awesome.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I get that there seems to be a pattern, but I don't think that is something that Sakurai is consciously following. Personally, I think Tails would be more likely as a fighter before Eggman - I could imagine Eggman as a boss/assist trophy, similar to Wily.

I'd like either equally though, a playable Eggman would be awesome.
I'm pretty sure Sakurai is consciously following this pattern. It's been apparent for every franchise with multiple characters. There's a reason people have been vocally upset that there have been a lack of villains in Smash after Wii U/3DS came out. The villains/rivals have either been added in much later on, been relegated to clone move sets to squeeze them in last second, or just given less priority such as in Wolf's case who didn't even make it back into the previous Smash.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I made a brand new Splash Screen for Tails, does it look good? This is the first Smash Bros Splash screen I've made.

PicsArt_11-09-01.51.32.jpg

Last edited:

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
On the subject of character "rules", I really don't think there actually are any other than keeping it limited to video game characters (which was requested of voters on the Smash ballot, in point of fact). Otherwise, I really do think it's whatever Sakurai and Nintendo feels like doing, and the fanbase just keeps making up fan rules to try and reign in the chaos of speculation a bit. (or troll people who want a character, as seems to be the case with people claiming Spirits to be deconfirmations...)

I mean, Sakurai has never come out and given us a point by point list of these so-called rules, and every time the fans think they have a handle on the rules, they get broken. (Hi, Snake, Cloud, Richter, Piranha Plant, etc! Thanks for breaking all the rules!) The whole topic of these "rules" just feels silly at this point...

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
On the subject of character "rules", I really don't think there actually are any other than keeping it limited to video game characters (which was requested of voters on the Smash ballot, in point of fact). Otherwise, I really do think it's whatever Sakurai and Nintendo feels like doing, and the fanbase just keeps making up fan rules to try and reign in the chaos of speculation a bit. (or troll people who want a character, as seems to be the case with people claiming Spirits to be deconfirmations...)

I mean, Sakurai has never come out and given us a point by point list of these so-called rules, and every time the fans think they have a handle on the rules, they get broken. (Hi, Snake, Cloud, Richter, Piranha Plant, etc! Thanks for breaking all the rules!) The whole topic of these "rules" just feels silly at this point...
For me, the 'rules' are just patterns that we use to try and speculate who might get in. At the end of the day, Sakurai will do what he wants, hence why we have Richter as a third party echo of a new character, why we don't have Shadow as an echo of Sonic and why we have Piranha Plant above Waluigi.

Just to talk about the Spirits for a second.... I really don't understand where this idea that being a Spirit deconfirms a character from being DLC. There are probably thousands of spirits, which would completely limit what characters could be selected by DLC. I jokingly said that Goku would be the only character left to include as dlc if this were the rule - and 4 other forms of him. Assist trophy I can get behind being a deconfirmation, but a JPEG, nope. That would be like saying we couldn't have Mewtwo because there's a trophy of him.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
**Meant to edit my previous post but ended up quoting it instead... my bad, sorry.

All that being said, I would have an expectation that Tails would be put in above Eggman or Shadow. I would've thought Shadow would be a shoe-in echo, but I guess Tails would make for a more original moveset

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
On the subject of patterns, remember when a box perfectly predicted our remaining two newcomers months in advance? I used to dismiss patterns too.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
to be fair thats more of a fan rule than a sakurai rule
Luigi got in before Bowser, Jigglypuff got in before Mewtwo, Falco got in before Wolf, Zero Suit Samus got in before Ridley, and Diddy Kong got in before King K. Rool. Is that a coincidence? No, it's not. The secondary character always makes it in before the main antagonist because to more people, they're more iconic, important, and popular then the main antagonist.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Luigi got in before Bowser, Jigglypuff got in before Mewtwo, Falco got in before Wolf, Zero Suit Samus got in before Ridley, and Diddy Kong got in before King K. Rool. Is that a coincidence? No, it's not. The secondary character always makes it in before the main antagonist because to more people, they're more iconic, important, and popular then the main antagonist.
I get that there is a pattern, but Sakurai can turn around and break that whenever he wants - we can't just assume a character gets in above another because they're a secondary character and it's their turn. It's not his defined rule, it's just more likely.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Not to mention that if you look at the Fighters page on the official website you'll find that Peach is numbered before Bowser, Young Link is numbered before Ganondorf, Meta Knight (rival in the games, ally in the anime) is numbered before King Dedede (more so the villain of the franchise). We know that Zelda and Palutena were prioritized over Ganondorf and Dark Pit. Wolf and Bowser Jr. historically were very low priority; thus, are numbered very later on in Brawl/Smash 4's character lineup. And Piranha Plant must've been low priority to not have even made it in the base game and pushed to being an early DLC character. It may just be a pattern, but it's held up for every game. I've noticed this pattern during the speculative period before Smash 4's release, and I'll continue to use it to speculate on characters until the pattern is finally broken.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

After Shadow got AT'd back in last week's Direct, my hopes for the Sonic franchise having new content is completely gone. And now that Nintendo is deciding the DLC, I doubt we'll get another Sonic character, but I hope I'm wrong. Since I want any other Sonic character, Eggman is the one I want the most since he's my second favorite Sonic character after the blue blur himself, but I will be extremely happy if he is just a boss fight in World of Light. With that said, add me to the support for our two-tailed fox. I love Tails (despite his recent characterization being really bad with Forces. I hate him in that game) and I hope that the Sonic franchise gets better represented in Smash. :(

Last edited:

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Wait though, Jigglypuff more popular than Mewtwo?? o_O As a Pokemon fan, I gotta cry foul on that implication. (Plus, I am of the mindset that Jigglypuff never deserved to be on the roster. RIP Meowth, screwed over worse than Waluigi)

But I'm not denying this pattern, it's something I have long clung to as a Tails fan, it's always been my main argument against Shadow or any other Sonic rep. Just in fairness, based on how all the other franchises got sidekicks and secondary protagonists first, it really should be Tails.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Hey guys,

After Shadow got AT'd back in last week's Direct, my hopes for the Sonic franchise having new content is completely gone. And now that Nintendo is deciding the DLC, I doubt we'll get another Sonic character, but I hope I'm wrong. Since I want any other Sonic character, Eggman is the one I want the most since he's my second favorite Sonic character after the blue blur himself, but I will be extremely happy if he is just a boss fight in World of Light. With that said, add me to the support for our two-tailed fox. I love Tails (despite his recent characterization being really bad with Forces. I hate him in that game) and I hope that the Sonic franchise gets better represented in Smash. :(
I would love Eggman, just because he would be out of left field, but Tails would be equally as awesome - and I don't think out of the realm of possibility. Just because Nintendo have picked the characters doesn't mean they would ignore third party support - after all, they tend to generate the most hype.

There's plenty of other entries that Sakurai could take inspiration from when making Tails. I would imagine he would look mostly at the classic and adventure series for that.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
just dont put so much stock in a pattern that sakurai can break whenever he wants

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
So I was watching this video made by Nintendo Life and around at 14:46, Alex mentioned Tails. He said that Tails 'was a whiny brat' and that he had no moveset potential.
I admit I didn't like what they did with Tails in Forces, but he isn't THAT unlikable. Elise from Sonic 06 was way worse. At least Tails in Forces did something useful.
And also this man has clearly not played Tails Skypatrol, Tails Adventure, Battle or Advance 3. Hell, he could even use his Mech from Adventure 2 as a fighter, for some weird reason. Despite claiming he's played Adventure 2, he doesn't clearly remember the Mech levels. It's bad enough he put down my boy Sora in a previous video and now Tails.
Wait though, Jigglypuff more popular than Mewtwo?? o_O As a Pokemon fan, I gotta cry foul on that implication. (Plus, I am of the mindset that Jigglypuff never deserved to be on the roster. RIP Meowth, screwed over worse than Waluigi)

But I'm not denying this pattern, it's something I have long clung to as a Tails fan, it's always been my main argument against Shadow or any other Sonic rep. Just in fairness, based on how all the other franchises got sidekicks and secondary protagonists first, it really should be Tails.
Actually, I think the only reason Sakurai added Jigglypuff was that her structure was similar to Kirby's, so Sakurai just built off that. But yeah it is common to see sidekicks/other good guys appear before villains. Not saying it's a rulee, but a common theme at least.
I made a brand new Splash Screen for Tails, does it look good? This is the first Smash Bros Splash screen I've made.

View attachment 176829
This is the best fan-made splash screen I've seen yet. I like how you the Lost Hex in the background. It makes everything look really colourful. And that extra shine on the text looks nice.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I admit I didn't like what they did with Tails in Forces, but he isn't THAT unlikable. Elise from Sonic 06 was way worse. At least Tails in Forces did something useful.
Tails being portrayed poorly in one game shouldn’t overshadow his legacy as a character, that seems a bit unfair.

Also, saying Tails has no moveset potential because you only played bloody SA2 is like saying Luigi has no moveset potential because you only played Odyssey where all he does is float around on some balloons while doing nothing at all.
And also this man has clearly not played Tails Skypatrol, Tails Adventure, Battle or Advance 3.
Don’t forget Fighters, the game where Sonic’s moveset in Smash is from.

https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...ulation-begins.434391/page-3707#post-22363032

And in that game Tails shares a lot of Sonic’s moves:

https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...ulation-begins.434391/page-5367#post-22529304

Which would lead me to believe that Tails would be based mostly on Fighters like Sonic for ease of implementation and since...well...Tails is mostly a clone of Sonic with some differences in most games anyway.

You also forgot Tails Adventure, the game where Tails singlehandedly decimated an entire army to save an island.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Tails being portrayed poorly in one game shouldn’t overshadow his legacy as a character, that seems a bit unfair.

Also, saying Tails has no moveset potential because you only played bloody SA2 is like saying Luigi has no moveset potential because you only played Odyssey where all he does is float around on some balloons while doing nothing at all.

Don’t forget Fighters, the game where Sonic’s moveset in Smash is from.

https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...ulation-begins.434391/page-3707#post-22363032

And in that game Tails shares a lot of Sonic’s moves:

https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...ulation-begins.434391/page-5367#post-22529304

Which would lead me to believe that Tails would be based mostly on Fighters like Sonic for ease of implementation and since...well...Tails is mostly a clone of Sonic with some differences in most games anyway.

You also forgot Tails Adventure, the game where Tails singlehandedly decimated an entire army to save an island.
I'm not saying that Forces should overshadow Tails' character altogether, I just bring it up since after that game everyone's been ripping at Tails because of how he appeared in Forces.
I can see Tails working as a clone or semi-clone. Though really, at this point I'll take what I can get at this point.
Also, I did mention Tails Adventure. Where was that version of Tails in the modern games, though? Imagine what Forces could've been like. Tails could've replaced the Custom Avatar.

Top Bottom