• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want you to hit me as hard as you can. For a noble cause!

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Brazil has got to be one of the worst areas for Brawl wifi ;_; Do people even play around you?
Wi-fi wise, none. Either way I'd guess it would STILL lag if I have to access USA servers to play, but I don't know. Do the players host the matches themselves?
Either way it's OK to me. I have a lot of friends in my neighborhood just asking to get murdered by the little blue *******, including my big bro (worst pit player ever =3) and my little sis (she actually plays ZSS well o.o).
either way happy for you Xavant... *notices the little spark in the distance* ...ah nevermind.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
While Xavant is in the Atmosphere, Can you fix the satellite that bounces the beams back for nintendo's wifi?
And make it better?
Plz?
thanks
-t2

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
What am I? A sattelite repair employee?

*puts on sattelite repair worker cap*

=_= Fine fine.

*puts away scythe and pulls out large hammer*

If it somehow explodes, don't look at me =___=

Timbers

check me out
WHA? When did we start talking about With Anyone? o_0
I thought you when you mentioned FFA, you were referring to basic brawl/team battle <.<; My bad.

Wi-fi wise, none. Either way I'd guess it would STILL lag if I have to access USA servers to play, but I don't know. Do the players host the matches themselves?
Either way it's OK to me. I have a lot of friends in my neighborhood just asking to get murdered by the little blue *******, including my big bro (worst pit player ever =3) and my little sis (she actually plays ZSS well o.o).
either way happy for you Xavant... *notices the little spark in the distance* ...ah nevermind.
I have no idea how wifi works. I hear whoever hosts the room, their net serves as the host of the room. I don't know though, as I know people with terrible connections can still join a room and wreck it.

That's good that you have a fair amount of local players though =3

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea how wifi works. I hear whoever hosts the room, their net serves as the host of the room. I don't know though, as I know people with terrible connections can still join a room and wreck it.

That's good that you have a fair amount of local players though =3
local players? more like local prey...
sadly few to none tourneys around here, which sucks a lot 'cause the one time I tried to go on a tourney I fought an absurd snake user on my first match. what's worse? he actually won first place.
I got even angrier when his second battle was against a ridiculous PT. I just felt like hitting someone.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
In the very first tournament I went to. I was upset to find out that Lucario wasn't even unlocked =_=
Not even Snake was unlocked, lucky strike was able to unlock it. RIGHT STRIKE!??!

And I was no were near well-developed with my second character of interest, which is DARK SHIEK!!!!

Timbers

check me out
local players? more like local prey...
sadly few to none tourneys around here, which sucks a lot 'cause the one time I tried to go on a tourney I fought an absurd snake user on my first match. what's worse? he actually won first place.
I got even angrier when his second battle was against a ridiculous PT. I just felt like hitting someone.
Local prey huh =p

Sucks the tourney scene is lacking though.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
In the very first tournament I went to. I was upset to find out that Lucario wasn't even unlocked =_=
Not even Snake was unlocked, lucky strike was able to unlock it. RIGHT STRIKE!??!

And I was no were near well-developed with my second character of interest, which is DARK SHIEK!!!!
LOL. You can't start a tournament with characters locked! Jeez =S

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Have you tried looking in the regional section of the boards? That's the easiest way to find a tournament in your area if they exist. Tournaments really are the single best part of playing smash in my opinion. You get to meet tons of really, really cool people who love playing smash just as much as you do. Then there's the rivalry and competition which is really intense. You also getter better at the game significantly faster than you would normally.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I do check there. Never find any for Toronto. Maybe I just don't look hard enough.

Have you tried looking in the regional section of the boards? That's the easiest way to find a tournament in your area if they exist. Tournaments really are the single best part of playing smash in my opinion. You get to meet tons of really, really cool people who love playing smash just as much as you do. Then there's the rivalry and competition which is really intense. You also getter better at the game significantly faster than you would normally.
Never thought of looking there. Thanks.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I do check there. Never find any for Toronto. Maybe I just don't look hard enough.
There's more brawl tournies in Toronto then anywhere else I've seen! Just last month there were 4-5 of them! O.O
Don't just search "Toronto" though, look for sauga, Oshawa and GTA regions.

Timbers

check me out
They're definitely fun yipyip. It's an awesome environment and you can talk about lawlzsmash and other stuff. The ones I've been to in NorCal have been pretty lame though :ohwell: Lot of johners and typically annoying people. I'm glad I didn't live there for any longer than I did.

And of course you improve. Playing a larger spectrum of players (granted I haven't been to a tourney larger than ~40 people) and learning character matchup and well, it's great practice.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
There's more brawl tournies in Toronto then anywhere else I've seen! Just last month there were 4-5 of them! O.O
Don't just search "Toronto" though, look for sauga, Oshawa and GTA regions.
Wow. 4-5.

I think just searching for "Toronto" was my problem. I completely forgot about the GTA and other areas. lol

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm going to a tournament in about a week. I want to use Lucario, I've practiced for months with him, but I am just better with Pikachu (my melee main). Any thoughts on how to get better with Lucario?

Milln

Smash Champion
They'd allow you in, but you won't get anywhere. Then you'll just add to the winnings of whoever won.

Top Bottom