• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think we need a Samus tech compilation video(not a combo vid)

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
quite frankly i think it would be pretty cool to have a vid like this. just full of the basic things that every samus player should know. i give it a thumbs up.

You see theres a problem with that. If I seriously wanted to make a video of what people should know, I would just show the ledge abilities, what moves to use in situations and such. I think this should just list every tech, have perhaps a 1-10 rating on terms of viability and situations in which it can be used.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
I'll be happy to help with the video. I can record stuff etc. and I'm a Samus main myself(obviously, if i'm here)
so yeah is there anything i could help with?
I'm that guy who made missile taming 1 and 2 by the way. XD

Darkmetroidomega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Darkmetroidomega
Sounds like you guys are going for a more "in-depth" kind of guide. I can see this becoming a multi-part guide if you go for every little detail. In any case, it sounds great. Samus's ATs are essential to her metagame, and having a visual example of all of them would greatly help all of the Samus mains out there step it up.

It would also help me understand what happened whenever I accidentally do certain things, especially with tethering, that I did not intend to do.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is this idea ever going to spark off a video?

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I may be susceptible to trolling, but really, i don't fall prey to trolls most of the time, only the REALLY good ones =3

I have found that tether canceling has implemented itself into my gameplay more recently. I have found myself tether canceling into up-B to the ledge as a mindgame. It has worked for my favor numerous times actually.

IYM!

Smash Lord
IMO, will be a good idea put the Triple jump ( the AT rediscovered for Omega) in the video

that trick can be usefull, give samus a extra jump, can be used like a mind trick, or a new oportunity to shoot a H missile or do Zair , or Fair

Darkmetroidomega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Darkmetroidomega
The Triple Jump (imo) doesn't sound like it's useful enough to mention. Even if someone had it to the point of being able to do it consistently, I doubt it would be hard to adapt to. It would also still be VERY situational, and I'm not sure it'd do much to advance Samus's metagame. Leave it out.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
if you could use bair to refresh the second jump, it would act much like Bowser's infinte jump using the claw.
If you could do it consistently do it, it would open up a lot more mindgames. It gives you just a bit higher of a full initial jump, meaning you could do a lot, if not more of what you could do in a full hop, everything from a double missle to zair.
It may not be the most practical, but it does have some uses.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's called ISJR, guys. Nothing new, and nothing has been capitalized on despite her being able to do this with all of her aerials. If you can do it, and can make use of it, power to ya/get some sexy clips for this. Otherwise keep the discussion in the other thread.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
It's called ISJR, guys. Nothing new, and nothing has been capitalized on despite her being able to do this with all of her aerials. If you can do it, and can make use of it, power to ya/get some sexy clips for this. Otherwise keep the discussion in the other thread.

That was the entire point of my statment though <=(

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Well since this thread was meant to create a list of AT's for an in-depth AT guide for Samus, i would say her ISJR is a viable option
agree with you Omega, this AT can have their uses, and wouldn't a bad idea know how to use it, i mean, maybe this can be a new gate for new strategies.

if we dont try, we will never know if this AT is useful or not

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget tier canceling. D: I think it's possible to ISJR missiles too. I'll try to find a vid. :3

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I am not too sure missles have an ISJR effect, although i know that bair, uair, nair, and zair do.

tier canceling? do you mean tether canceling? otherwise i do not know what tier canceling is

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
A lot of specials can be renewed. I believe I've seen the missiles done... I call transforming tier canceling. xD

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
The window must be extremely small then because i have yet to do it with missles.

Lawl that's clever, but i don't see much use in transforming to ZSS unless you are SURE you need to, can do it quickly, and know how to play both characters.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
The window must be extremely small then because i have yet to do it with missles.

Lawl that's clever, but i don't see much use in transforming to ZSS unless you are SURE you need to, can do it quickly, and know how to play both characters.
I can't do it either... but I swear I've seen it. D: It's like a missile cancel and ISJR put together. I think transforming would still be good to know, especially for the new players who are Metroid freaks.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Well, I made a video like this yesterday. It's just an add on to my old Samus guide "Missile Taming"
It's basically just advanced techs. And I'm gonna make another part eventually about strategy and stuff. I'll probably procrastinate doing that though. lol
If you wanna see it here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX3gnUgFqQU

I also tried giving credit to all the people I could think of in the credits, since i obviously didn't make up the advanced techniques. (besides like two)
Sorry if I missed any important names D:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Informative vid. None can really be called advanced techs, though any are better than none, lol.

Interesting to note, 7:55 was that one bomb jumping thing I talked about a while back. As shown in the vid, you can jump from it, and follow up with virtually anything. Z-air/retreating D/N-air/Missiles/full Charge Shots work wonders if you can master the timing.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice

Interesting to note, 7:55 was that one bomb jumping thing I talked about a while back. As shown in the vid, you can jump from it, and follow up with virtually anything. Z-air/retreating D/N-air/Missiles/full Charge Shots work wonders if you can master the timing.
Yeah, I didn't quite get the timing down yet. But i never thought of following it up like that. Mastering it would be awesome. It probably won't take much practice too.

Btw I love your Samus. XD

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Also do you guys think that this video shows enough? If so, then this thread should be deleted or at least renamed. lol

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
The ISRJ isn't practical, it just isn't. Give me at least one PRACTICAL use for it that can be used against a professional player without getting combo'd into death.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
The ISRJ isn't practical, it just isn't. Give me at least one PRACTICAL use for it that can be used against a professional player without getting combo'd into death.
Just because we havent found one yet doesnt mean that someone wont thats what these videos are for to show everyone what she CAN do and then they figure out WHERE to use it

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
If someone were to figure out the exact timing and be able to do it consistently, the practical aplications are incredible. You have so many options out of it. For example, if you could figure out the timing for the zair ISJR, you can zair then double MC without ever touching the ground

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
If someone were to figure out the exact timing and be able to do it consistently, the practical aplications are incredible. You have so many options out of it. For example, if you could figure out the timing for the zair ISJR, you can zair then double MC without ever touching the ground
That's more flashy then practical. If you're opponent is fast he can just DI down for zair and shield dash the missiles and grab you. I still don't believe that there is and there never will be any practical option to be used in a fast paced match.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
I've been in a situation where ISJR back airs was a good decision. I think it was against Falcon and he had middle percent. I just did a short hop back air on the right of FD hitting him towards the middle, and then I followed him with the ISJR technique after that doing several other back airs. They weren't hitting, but it forced him to be defensive and he retreated all the way to the edge. Samus' favorite spot.
Then again this is probably the only situation where it might work at all. XD

Still, that doesn't matter, it's a technique video and ISJR is a technique.
There are a few other techniques I mentioned in the video I made that could be considered impractical as well. But I put them in since they are techniques.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I believe my video is a good enough "Samus tech compilation video" D:
For the people that haven't watched it yet PLEASE watch it(or skim through it) so i can hear some more opinions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX3gnUgFqQU

Sorry if I seem annoying, I'm just happy with my vid. lol

Top Bottom