• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think PictoChat needs to be moved to the Counter/Banned or Banned stages

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I did some testing a bit ago, the vertical spikes will KO a level nine Mario at 100%.

I don't believe the CPUs DI properly.

Anyways, this seals it for me. The hazards have a decent enough warning and kill at a reasonable percent. Pictochat is good as a counterpick.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
If you suck at pictochat, learn how to play the level, scrub.

I hate it when people whine because they suck too much to deal with a level other than FD. Get over yourself and learn how to play more than one stage.
I hope you weren't talking to me. I like Pictochat as a "for kicks" stage, and I adapt to it very well. I just think it should be reconsidered.
That being said, I also like WarioWare and can play it well, but I ca't make an argument for it to be counterpick.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
If you suck at pictochat, learn how to play the level, scrub.

I hate it when people whine because they suck too much to deal with a level other than FD. Get over yourself and learn how to play more than one stage.
I hope you weren't talking to me. I like Pictochat as a "for kicks" stage, and I adapt to it very well. I just think it should be reconsidered.
That being said, I also like WarioWare and can play it well, but I ca't make an argument for it to be counterpick.
on the official list, what are the reason stated for the counter-pick/neutral/bam/what ever the stage's legality is.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm going to address this point first.

No. I'd gladly fight Pit or R.O.B. on Bridge of Eldin with Marth, because this stage doesn't grant them the ability to completely evade me for long periods of time. I believe that's one of the reasons that New Pork City and 75m is banned.
They're banned because a fast character can score one hit on someone then run away for the rest of the match and win, being able to run in a circle.

Other than the previously mentioned Metaknight thing (which is banned under 'stalling'), how can someone run around forever on pictochat?

Also, Pictochat can affect both players in different ways, lol. To think otherwise is silly.
Yeah, I worded that horribly. Let me explain.

a ray-gun gives both characters the same ability.
A ray gun gives one character a new ability. A stage changing gives both characters the same change. It's just that some characters have that change more advantageous than others.

Also, saying that since I can be a decent player on Pictochat makes it a viable stage is a bogus argument. I'm confident in my ability to win on Warioware against any opponent below my skill level. That doesn't make it a tourney viable stage.
Agreed. You can be a great player on 75M, but it's still FOREVER away from being a good tournament stage.

Percon

Smash Lord
Even if you count, you have no idea what is going to spawn. and 1 second may not be enough, cause even if you were air dodge, or roll, you may end up inside an object like the head, or the cart, or the missile, and then you get harmed whether you try to avoid it or not.
I'm pretty sure there are "safe zones" where you can be sure that you aren't hit by anything during any of the transformations

Borderline CP. Despite the fact that the hazards are predictable, they are exploitable. For Example, I used Yoshi on this stage. When I grabbed my foe, I saw the stage change to the drawing that has 4 spikes.

I didn't throw him but he still died from the spikes due to grab release forcing him to a spike.
He was still in the grab break state when he got hit by the spikes so it was inescapable.
You can also do this on this drawing too. Yoshi can do this on the whole cast as well as Kirby and Dedede with Inhale and Swallow.

Also, These drawings are heaven for Dedede because he can CG against the drawings' walls until they disappear. They may be temporary, but his opponent will end up with a lot of damage.

I'm sure there are more exploits than these.
Why is everyone mentioning this as being a broken stage for DDD?

You wanna know a broken stage for DDD? Delphino Plaza. There's are walls AND walkoff sections on almost every transformation. Walkoffs are way, way deadlier than walls, if you couldn't guess.

Also, the high ceiling on Pictochat and the close side boundaries means that he'll have more trouble getting kills and that he'll be killed easier by anyone with safe horizontal killing options. Also, the small amount of space between the stage and the bottom kill boundary means he'll have a lot of difficulty recovering if he needs to up B.

Though, I'll say right now that DDD's bthrow into the side spikes to utilt is a true combo and is very fun to pull off :p

Actually, I lied. It's not a true combo since you can actually TECH the side spikes as you're hit by them. Weird, eh?

Anyway, this stage is still fair enough for tournament play.

And yes buenob, that line is super stupid :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure there are "safe zones" where you can be sure that you aren't hit by anything during any of the transformations
Phanna has a picture somewhere of all the hazardous transformations superemposed over each other. I'll see if I can find it.

pictochat should be banned, period. too many hazards and half of them can kill you. the other half are just in the way of playing.
There are 27 transformations. 5 do damage, only 2 (if that) can kill you unless you're bad at DI.

5 =/= half.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
These 2 drawings can kill you even IF you DI and MC.

Once you are over 135% and you are hit by these, you are dead.
As I said, you can get forced into these by jump grab release. Yoshi can do this on the whole cast and Snake can do this on many characters as well.
If you keep this as a CP, I will exploit this like crazy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
These 2 drawings can kill you even IF you DI and MC.

Once you are over 135% and you are hit by these, you are dead.
As I said, you can get forced into these by jump grab release. Yoshi can do this on the whole cast and Snake can do this on many characters as well.
If you keep this as a CP, I will exploit this like crazy.
Go nuts. It's not that big a deal because it won't always show up and in a normal match there's not enough time for a full rotation so if it shows up once, it won't show up again.

Seriously, go and abuse it. I try and hit/throw people into them all the time.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
How is it a bad thing for a stage to help Yoshi? Seriously, its not like he's a top-tier character anyway. If Yoshi grabs you, you had it coming.

Its not abusive. Its a counterpick stage. Its not like you can just pick Yoshi and automatically win.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Go nuts. It's not that big a deal because it won't always show up and in a normal match there's not enough time for a full rotation so if it shows up once, it won't show up again.

Seriously, go and abuse it. I try and hit/throw people into them all the time.
Don't forget your opponent can just run away from you the entire tranformation.
Phanna has a picture somewhere of all the hazardous transformations superemposed over each other. I'll see if I can find it.
Holy god plese do!!!!!!!!!!

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I made one for myself:

Excluding the sides, and the air, the blue is the safest ground area when a transformation begins.

Suddenly I realize how awesome this info is.

Denzi

Smash Master
That's insanely awesome. It also turns Pictochat into a fight to control the left side on the stage... or does it? The other obstacles could force/ give you a good reason to move to another place, as well as the fact that staying on the left side while a new hazard spawns can still be very dangerous if the wrong thing shows up (i.e. Line/wall when your opponent is D3).

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I made one for myself:

Excluding the sides, and the air, the blue is the safest ground area when a transformation begins.

I think the actual zone is slightly smaller since the plant's head does, extend down, but good work. Now it's a matter of left-stage playing to play defensive, or whole stage playing to hazard your opponent.

Percon

Smash Lord
That's insanely awesome. It also turns Pictochat into a fight to control the left side on the stage... or does it? The other obstacles could force/ give you a good reason to move to another place, as well as the fact that staying on the left side while a new hazard spawns can still be very dangerous if the wrong thing shows up (i.e. Line/wall when your opponent is D3).
Kirby has a glitch that only works on the right side of the stage, so it makes for some interesting mid-match decisions.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Kirby has a glitch that only works on the right side of the stage, so it makes for some interesting mid-match decisions.
What is that glitch? I've heard of it but haven't found anything concrete on what it is. Something about his down-b hitbox becoming really large or something?

Percon

Smash Lord
What is that glitch? I've heard of it but haven't found anything concrete on what it is. Something about his down-b hitbox becoming really large or something?
Basically just use Kirby's down B on the right edge and it'll keep unleashing the ground hitbox for as long as the stone lasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR4goNUiMqc

Not super useful, but useful nonetheless.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I made one for myself:

So Meno, you're positive that the cart always spawns on the right side of the halfpipe?

It's awesome that more and more of the stage becomes safe as hazardous transformations come and go.

Nice animated sig, btw. It's new, right?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So Meno, you're positive that the cart always spawns on the right side of the halfpipe?
No, but as long as the character is short enough to fit into the safety zone it shouldn't matter where it spawns. Though I'm not sure about the likes of Ganondorf...

Nice animated sig, btw. It's new, right?
Yup. :p

I pitched it to the critique thread again. I got "lolno simple animation."...

Well-la-dee-effin-daa.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
No, but as long as the character is short enough to fit into the safety zone it shouldn't matter where it spawns. Though I'm not sure about the likes of Ganondorf...
I'd like to know where it appears since that's what we really care about with that picture, but I have to go to bed now.

AlKrauser

Smash Cadet
That's not Gimpy.

Anyways, Pictochat should be neutral on account of awesome music combined with predictable spawns and plenty of time to gtfo the way.

the music doesnt matter in stage selection. Look at AC, its got horrid music but its one of the most fair stages in the game

Top Bottom