• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I refuse to attack opponents when they trip!

Umm The Hobo

Smash Cadet
The thing I hate most, about anything, is cheating and unfairness. I will not attack my opponent when they are on the ground after tripping, in fact, I will back away from them. I don't expect my opponents to not attack me when I trip. Even in money matches (if I am good enough to be in any :laugh: ) I will not attack an opponent who has tripped. Who is with me! I think it would be great if a vast majority of Brawl players did this. It would add a sense of honor that casual and competitive Brawl needs.

P.s. I can't think of anything good to call "not attacking opponents who have tripped" :dizzy: Any ideas?

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
lol, What if you're charging an attack and they tripped right in front of you?

I'd like to see you not attack them in that situation. :p

Pi

Smash Hero
If I can prevent it, I think I'll do what you do. I don't like tripping, Not gonna try to punish someone for it.

That's in friendly's, if money is on the line...we'll see, depending on how well I'm doing or if they have done it to me will decide how I react.

Umm The Hobo

Smash Cadet
Maybe we should all use the same character too and just trade shot for shot until we die...
Oh yeah! That is exactly like not taking an advantage when something unexpected and unavoidable happens. Wait, which character would we use?

ShortAssassin

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, thats what they get for trying to dash. Someone is coming TO TRY AND KILL YOU and you're not gonna kick em in the balls if they trip?

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
Honor gets in the way in Smash. When an opportunity presents itself take it while you can, because you're opponent might not be so forgiving later on. To quote someone, "Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory."

fluffy

Smash Champion
If the opponent trips, I think it's best to take advantage of the situation and attack. I don't expect my opponents to have any mercy on me so why show mercy to them?

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
ya, when someone trips i will hit them but not a smash or anything. maybe just a neutral A just for kicks or whatever

however im still partly with ya. Never will i take a kill off an opponent who is tripping or on the ground after a trip

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
In a game like Smash **** happens.
If someone trips I'm going to take full advantage of it. I also expect the same from my opponents. If they let me be though I certainly have no intention of returning the favor.

Defrath

Smash Rookie
I'd go for the blow.

No warrior should be on the battle field if he cannot keep his feet properly on the ground.
(lol)

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
If it's a personal match and it's agreed to not attack during tripping, the yeah, I'd back away. Plus, tripping gives a few invincibility frames and they have to roll out of them. If your facing a good person, they can use these frames and rolls to add a small bit of unpredictability. Yeah, that didn't make much since. I'll usually attack because it will be to late, but If its mutual, then no, I won't attack.

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
You might want to fight with honor but the other player might not think the same. Ima ask u a question. If they atk u when YOU trip will YOU get mad? Will you hate them because they don't play they way you do? This is another opinion that should be kept to yourself and not force your ideas on other players. If you really are humble, then you would do what you said and not atk the opponent and NOT shuv it in their face that you didn't atk them.

No offense but it's posts like these that pit competitive and casual players against each other, cuz it causes opinions to collide and seperates a single community into 2 barking dogs =/...

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Lame thread is lame. Winning is winning, your friends will attack you when you fall.

Later.

6footninja

Smash Ace
I agree. I think we should call it "Chucking". From chuck norris. Since he always saves the day, and attacking a tripping opponent is like mugging. CHuck doesnt like mugging, hes the effin walker texas ranger. I think Chucking is cool. lol

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
This has been posted some time ago and it seemed better than this 1. peesh?

Boa

Smash Cadet
What? Honor? Excuse me while I bash in the head of this ******'s sister while he's frozen solid 20 meters away.

Top Bottom