• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U I received an early copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U and want to help provide info for you all, AMA!

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Can you actually have fun in "for fun" or will you get booted out of the match for taunting too much. In other words, any hope for the return of good old fashioned taunt parties! LOL You know, with a little friendly fighting? It's like knock-down drag out in for fun mode now. Can you control items and stages in with anyone modes?
Have you heard you can taunt too much and get banned/kicked?
Please ****ing tell me you're kidding, PLEASE tell me that right now before I mutilate myself.

why Why WHY put something in a game as tiny as taunting and make it a bannable offence?

I'm really holding out hope that this is some disgusting, sick, putrid rumor.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I know how Nintendo is about unlockable content so you may not be allowed to answer this, but... I'd like to know the track list for the Pac-Land stage (which I know is not a starter because it wasn't in GameXplain's video).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Does Kongo Jungle use the same N64 graphics or new updated graphics and textures? (Or does this violate a Nintendo agreement?)

EDIT: Well, it seems gameplay for this stage has been uploaded. I don't have any other questions currently.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Please ****ing tell me you're kidding, PLEASE tell me that right now before I mutilate myself.

why Why WHY put something in a game as tiny as taunting and make it a bannable offence?

LOL! No I don't think you can get banned...but....from what I can tell in the 3DS version you get 2 "free" taunts at the beginning of the match and only after a kill (i am thinking one you have to do but I don't know that for sure) can you taunt again, once I believe. However, I was in a group one time, I think on For Glory, and 3 of us were "friends" and one person was causing trouble, right? Yeah yeah I know the game is for fighting, but some people like to mess around too. Anyway, being nice people that we were, two of us just stood off to the side while the other two duked it out. Low and behold, approx 30 to 45 seconds later, bam! "You were idle for too long and have been disconnected". Huh? Wait...what? No kidding. So yeah I realize some people really hate that kind of play, but you know what. For Glory could have been all for competitive and for fun, all for fun. It would have been nice if we had control over items and stages in both modes. Anyway....has the creator of this thread replied even once to anyone's questions? Just asking.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
is "Stonecarving city" a song featured in "Gamer"?

leonardo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Monster-Heel
3DS FC
1934-0745-2946
is Ridley in the game as a playable fighter?

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I know how Nintendo is about unlockable content so you may not be allowed to answer this, but... I'd like to know the track list for the Pac-Land stage (which I know is not a starter because it wasn't in GameXplain's video).
Seconded. I gotta know if Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures got a remix or not.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I usually dip out on info I want to know, to be surprised or disappointed in-game when I found out for myself, but...

any A Link Between Worlds represenation anywhere? Music? Such a disappointment the handheld game didn't get repped in the handheld version of Smash. Yet Woolly World is getting repped. No A Link to the Past love is aggravating.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I usually dip out on info I want to know, to be surprised or disappointed in-game when I found out for myself, but...

any A Link Between Worlds represenation anywhere? Music? Such a disappointment the handheld game didn't get repped in the handheld version of Smash. Yet Woolly World is getting repped. No A Link to the Past love is aggravating.
The Lorule theme is on Skyloft, and Yuga's Hyrule Castle theme is on Temple.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

I think there's no one else he can play online with. :p

@ Toronto Joe Toronto Joe Is Big Battlefield playable outside of 8 Player Smash?

Last edited:

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Are you allowed to talk about any of the hidden stages?

If not, just say how many of them there are total (once you're notified you have them all). How many are new and how many are returning.

And how do you unlock all the characters? How many matches do you have to play to get them all? And what are the other ways of getting them?

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He's not going to answer anything is he.
He's either playing in and/or helping run one of the 3 100+ entrant Melee tournaments this weekend (and probably helping with other games), so I think it will be a while.

He's as reliable as Death Valley is hot (trust me, I've been there, and you don't want to go there), so just be patient guys.

He'll tell us about Chunky Kong soon enough!!! :laugh:
Is Big Battlefield playable outside of 8 Player Smash?
We already know that answer: Every stage playable in 8 player Smash is playable outside of 8 player Smash. ;)

Spirst

Nice, people still asking questions even though the guy hasn't answered a single one here or been on since shortly after the initial post.

For those interested, there was an AMA on Reddit by someone else with the game that can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2lm3pb/ama_i_received_smash_bros_for_wiiu_early_what_do/

Are you allowed to talk about any of the hidden stages?

If not, just say how many of them there are total (once you're notified you have them all). How many are new and how many are returning.

And how do you unlock all the characters? How many matches do you have to play to get them all? And what are the other ways of getting them?
No, discussing unlockable content like stages is out of the question and will result in punishment.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just in case GameXplain doesn't get to it - would you be able to get a list of all of the character aliases on the Boxing Ring stage?

Lanuigi

Smash Cadet
Does the game appear to have balance changes in regards to the 3DS Version...or do all the moves feel the same?

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I just want to know two things:
1) Is Fountain of Dreams/some sort of Masked Dedede theme an unlockable music track? I love both of them, and I really REALLY hope that at least one of them is in the game in some way.
2) I'm not sure if you're allowed to answer this, but does poke floats return and/or do more smash 64 stages return other than congo jungle?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please just ask serious questions that don't pressure the NDA. This thread will be locked if it turns into spam.

Personally though, I just want to hear the new music.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
The agreement is not to discuss unlock-able info, he can talk as much as he wants about default stuff.
Lol forgive me for looking out. Didn't realize the butler would bark at me ;)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
2 Questions

1. How many Stages are in this game

2. Are all of Mega Man's music selections only from the earlier Mega Man games?....That is all.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Only question I have is, can you adjust my music with the gamepad screen?
If you cannot answer, I understand completely.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Well he did say "Long story short". It's time to pack.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Can you list all the Assist Trophy characters you see=???

It would be great if you could solve this mystery...
same boat.
I want to kwon all the Assist trophy, Is too trouble to you, Just collect as many trophy you can and there go to Assist trophy category in the Trophy collection screen. and some music too.
That all!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Don't think this was asked, so I'll ask it. Does Bandana Dee have a trophy?

PS: If you don't know who Bandana Dee is he looks like this:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom