• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really don't know what the **** to do against Game and Watch.

Saltix

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XuZUer5D5M&feature=channel_page

I really just don't get it. I HATE Game and watch. I swear he is broken as ****. I don't see why more people aren't playing him. He has these retardedly powerful, unpunishable, spammable smashes, ******** long hitboxes with stupid range to match. Not to mention his broken *** aerial attacks that are ******* overpowered, spammable, and combo into eachother and into his gay *** smash attacks. And his B moves are like wtf. Bucket Braking? Seriously. And the **** 9. ....

/end noob rant

now that I'm done venting, help me out with this match up? What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right? I play this guy enough to know his GnW style, so i know what to punish, its just GnW himself is like "wtfhax" unpunishable, and it's starting to get to me.

GnW gives all my characters trouble =[
:lucario: :metaknight: :diddy: :dedede:

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
you looked pretty good against him. It looked like most of your trouble you had was when you were recovering. You would do your jump and over b and then ur up b close to the stage sometimes, where you are easy to attack while charging your rockets. If you over b away from the stage, or not at all even, then it will be much harder for him to punish you. Your diddy looked really good though i didn't see much z catching or dropping.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
G&W wreckes the **** out of Lucario and D3. Plain and simple. Mk has a small advantage but it will or should be close.

Diddy wins. I posted in another thread and I said that you can't do anything until you connect with a banana. Banana > GW > Diddy is the way to look at it. GW has one of the longest tripping animations so you can follow up on GW really well. Just be patient, like ADHD said, be patient...like stupid patient. Diddy has nothing that can approach agaisnt GW's aerial game. Diddy will die "faster" because GW has better kills but Diddy should always have GW at 150 before GW has Diddy at 70.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I play a gaw a lot. The key to the matchup is to camp. A lot. Use a lot of bananas. Gaw smashes are stupid and kill you very quick so when you're anywhere near KO percent camp even more. Peanuts are decent too because gaw is always in the air.

But yeah it basically goes like this: wait until they land -> banana -> follow up (dash attck, grab, etc) -> run and repeat.

TreK

Is "that guy"
campers>gaw.

I usually go all defensive, and even if i suck i can go even with top french gaws. You'd want to have a banana in your hand all the time so he cannot approach you, btw. banana punishes all his aerial except the nair ; he can DJ after the nair and do his basic gay stuff.
Don't try to punish his smashes, you'll eat a dtilt or a grab. You can roll under the bair and punish, but if the gaw starts from a little farther than he should have, it's cause he knew you'd roll under him and he intents to DI back and eat your sidestep. In that case, roll back or hold your shield if it's too late, and recamp. win-win lol

I still need to keep the rythm on CPs ; gaws destroy me on orpheon and stuff :(

Saltix

Smash Lord
So pretty much what was I doing wrong?
Going all out aggressive against GnW?
Not camping enough?
Bad spacing?

Dekar173

Justice Man
So pretty much what was I doing wrong?
Going all out aggressive against GnW?
Not camping enough?
Bad spacing?
;)

All out aggressive is just screaming "watch my approach and find out exactly how I play, then punish me all day!"

Mix it up. You can go all out for a few seconds, then sit and let him approach. Force the tempo of the match and you'll be winning against GnW much more often.

Don't let yourself fall victim to the autopilot syndrome!

saberhof

Smash Master
Brawl = gay....so yeah =O...

but diddy is really fun anyway you play him ^_^...just mix in the nanerz and you will be fine =D

i think the point has been made =)..*points at ADHD*

.AC.

Smash Lord
Brawl = gay....so yeah =O...

but diddy is really fun anyway you play him ^_^...just mix in the nanerz and you will be fine =D

i think the point has been made =)..*points at ADHD*
dont listen to him,brawl is not gay lol jk

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Ur off topic! We're talking about gay monkeys now don't try to change the subject back. We've moved on. :). Yeah i just realized that i've always been going out totally aggressive because Diddy is a huge momentum character, when I can just sit back and camp a lot of characters and wait to punish their approaches, selective aggressiveness ;). Especially GaW. *starts training shooting peanuts*

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Good Technique I like to use for Diddy against G&W, especially during Dair + Fair. Glide toss backwards > Short Hop Forward > Fair. Some fakey fakey action, also the advice above about camping G&W is about as true as it gets G &W has just too much prority, and lagless attacks, and range for you to be approaching w/o him being in atleast a tripping animation. Just play it safe, be patient.

DONT PLAY G&W ON THESE MAPS
Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, and Lylat Cruise

I assure you frustration, if played.

p.s. Pressure with your hot boilded peanuts and potassium. Make him come to you

Saltix

Smash Lord
Good Technique I like to use for Diddy against G&W, especially during Dair + Fair. Glide toss backwards > Short Hop Forward > Fair. Some fakey fakey action, also the advice above about camping G&W is about as true as it gets G &W has just too much prority, and lagless attacks, and range for you to be approaching w/o him being in atleast a tripping animation. Just play it safe, be patient.

p.s. Pressure with your hot boilded peanuts and potassium. Make him come to you
A campy Diddy kong? thats unheard of. lol
I'll look up matches of Diddy vs GnW, because imo at this point it'd be better to CP characters.

rvkevin

Smash Lord

Diddy does fine against GnW on Rainbow Cruise, I would probably ban Brinstar/Lylat instead...

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
A campy Diddy kong? thats unheard of. lol
I'll look up matches of Diddy vs GnW, because imo at this point it'd be better to CP characters.
You're playing it wrong. Diddy should be who you use to counterpick G&W. I think GW's only bad match-ups are Diddy, MK, Marth, and Snake.
Outside of that he has a fighting chance.

Top Bottom