• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
im going to have to love Brinstar. Nice thread USSI, hopfully I will see you in SWR tourney in April or you come to Brooklyn to the polytech tourney this month on the 21st. Either way, do you want to MM Ike ditto's maybe ?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
21st I'm busy with other plans. I haven't been able to attend tourneys at the moment. With college and no money. (All my money was spent on food/transportation ever since I quit my job) Once I get a new part time job for money I'll try to go to NYC for a tourney again. But Don't think I'll be going to any tourneys any time soon near you Sintros, let alone near me. But I'll take you up on that MM (Even though I don't main Ike anymore, I already got the big red "TRAITOR" text from Light and Salty)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pikachu was my 2ndary before Ike. Now I just switched them. (Ike is mainly doubles)

However I've been on the rage for brawl+. Ike does some rapetastic **** on there.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
well to me i know he does well in that stage due to the fact he can chain grab at the right side of the stage which is nice :)

§leepy God

Smash Master
er.. G&W controls it the best.
Ah, I forgot about him, I really do hate him on this stage. Ness and Lucas is good at this stage as well, it's a shame I didn't add them on my list because I do main them, lol.

ike is terrible at this stage because everyone is because it's banned.
Really? Is the SBR, (or something like that), going to ban this stage?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Low ceilings. Wall chain grab. Recovery is nothing to worry about. Uneven ground.
Is there much of anything that makes Corneria bad for Ike (assuming you can avoid other wall infinites)?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Low ceilings. Wall chain grab. Recovery is nothing to worry about. Uneven ground.
Is there much of anything that makes Corneria bad for Ike (assuming you can avoid other wall infinites)?
You'll be camped REALLY badly here because of the fin, and if the edge on the fin is still there (haven't played here for a while... I'm pretty sure it's there) some characters with quick up+Bs like Marth and Samus will be able to spam up+Bs as an attack, using the edge to auto-cancel it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Afraid not.

However, this is a fairly nice stage for Ike. For one: free throwable items, which means free anti-projectile camping, and free DACITs. The platforms lower so that almost everyone of Ike's attacks can hit the opponent. There is a walk-off, so don't take CGers here. On the other hand Bthrow-regrab is a true combo IIRC thanks to the slope, or at least Bthrow to jab. The water sucks, but just don't be stupid with it. The monster can be a pain, but also work to your benefit. Bthrow -> open mouth = LOL

No clue about the blastzone sizes.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
This stage is more good than bad, for the most part you cant be gimped as easily as normal, since half the stage is all ground, though the other side has an average blast zone so you got to be careful there. With part of it being a Walkoff, that works a bit in Ikes favor (depending on the matchup, no CGs preaze) but itd be about the same for anyone, though with Ikes power you could land early kills. The ceilings are a little below average (very little), so no real advantage to our verticle game. Recovery is very easy here, which is a good thing, and the 2 Hazards arent big deals...though the Water can be annoying, but not a major issue if ur smart.

Forgot the pelts which can be used to assist in stopping camping and of course DACIT.

Also forgot the Leaves...(I shouldnt be doing this when Im sick and tired z_z), like previously said since they lower, any move you have can hit fairly easier (if they choose to stand on it that long anyway)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
"Per se" with an accent on the last e.

But yeah. What about unimportant stages? Or re-evaluations? We can't just say the thread has run its course, can we? We should still do SOMETHING with it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Forget about re-evaluations, we need to get the stages that don't have any written data on them complete first.

If Ussi can't can't do it, then somebody else can just as easily make a WoT and it's not hard to just quote, copy, and paste.

It would also be nice if I could know which incomplete stages are which, I have to guess that the stage that has the picture of Samus w/ Ridly is Norfair (just an example, it is since the other two Metroid stages are there and taken care of), or the last picture which I honestly do not have any idea what it could be because stages that give you that "inter-stellar combat" feeling such as FD or Lylat are already done I believe

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
You foooooool. :[, I quit, too. (Wi-fi) :D. You'll come back, they always come back. I'll be glad to take over your contributions if you want.
Let's discuss Corneria
Corneria is great for its low fin which would help in "sweet-spot" Utilt kills, which is also the reason why you do not want to bring Snake to this stage. Ike has a useful wall infinite here as well which has advantages for Ike for obvious reasons. Aether spamming here is also not as punishable as other stages due to the curvature of the stage, which allows for Ike to slide when he lands on the curvature. Some things to watch out here of course are the ships which fire, which shouldn't be too much trouble. Overall, the stage is great for Ike. I find Bair to be a very useful attack on this stage in that at high percentages, the short stage boundaries guarantee a relatively quick horizontal kill.

§leepy God

Smash Master
First the match up thread, and now the stage discussion thread?!? WTF Ike boards. ]:

I'll be at the new stage dicussion when it's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom