• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need help: Sheik's chain jacket

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Can't help you with in learning how to chain jack since it's one of the few things I don't use of sheiks. Although I can tell you I hear talk about people doing in off platforms like Battlefield.

and yes, everything is legal in tournaments expect for for meta knight Infinite Dimensional Cape and anything that freezes the game. Although the chain can freeze the game if done too early if preformed within the first 10 moves sheik does it is still allowed until it freezes.

Freezing the game means auto lost of the match.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, the chain jacket freezes the game if you perform it as your first chain of the game.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That was the criteria I obtained from Ryoko. I'm not exactly consistent enough to test it myself, but I imagine it would explain how you got your chain jacket freeze after dealing as much as 75% damage to your opponent.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
That was the criteria I obtained from Ryoko. I'm not exactly consistent enough to test it myself, but I imagine it would explain how you got your chain jacket freeze after dealing as much as 75% damage to your opponent.
...yeah, hopefully a simple tether could stop that from happening...Maaaybe I should learn how to chain jacket constantly so I can test and to learn how to avoid doing it all together.

~sighs~

I don't need to lose another 8 minutes of my life everyday dedicated to practicing something but whatever, ...sheik for high tier.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just throw out a random grounded chain or something, lol. Or use an aerial chain early in your jump.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
I can also confirm that if your first chain is jacketed, it freezes the game regardless how far into the game you are in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I can't jacket for nothin. -_- Now let me get this straight.
It is:

Perform the move that you wish to jacket. Do a short hop and deploy your chain. In doing so you get glitched.
(Is this correct?)

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
if this helps to do the chain jacket, short hop, do NOT fast fall, release the chain slightly after the apex (peak) of your jump but before sheik does the flip.
I also find it easier if I short hop fowards and not stationary.
I will make a super slow motion video to show this, sometime this week

Top Bottom