• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Chief ain't in Smash until I am personally playing as him.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does Halo: The Master Chief Collection have glitches that prevent you from progressing? I've been playing the Steam version of Halo 1, and on an early mission (Truth and Reconciliation), I was sent into a Covenant ship, but when I defeated the enemies, all of the doors were locked and there was no indication of where to go or what to do. (I was locked in a hangar - maybe some Marines were supposed to survive, but every single one of them was killed almost immediately after arriving on the ship, and there's nothing that I could have done to stop it as far as I can tell)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Does Halo: The Master Chief Collection have glitches that prevent you from progressing? I've been playing the Steam version of Halo 1, and on an early mission (Truth and Reconciliation), I was sent into a Covenant ship, but when I defeated the enemies, all of the doors were locked and there was no indication of where to go or what to do. (I was locked in a hangar - maybe some Marines were supposed to survive, but every single one of them was killed almost immediately after arriving on the ship, and there's nothing that I could have done to stop it as far as I can tell)
No... that level is a maze. Keep wondering around and you will get back on the right path. They usually open doors and release enemies only to have you go into another door in the same level.

There is also another level later on that is just as bad, if not worse. I went in circles for a while. Halo 2-4 are not as bad about that. It was their first game plus early FPS games did not hold your hand. The original Dooms literally had maze like levels.

There are some hints in the Halo 1 level on where to do with the use of small colors on the doors or certain landmarks if you can figure it out.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Assault on the Control Room and Two Betrayals are my most disliked CE levels when it comes to such redundancy, or so many rooms looking the same. I usually see The Library mentioned the most far as that, but I found fighting/speedrunning through it more enjoyable; mostly thanks to the shotgun but still.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A reminder to always wait until the very end of the direct and that we will not flip out if the "leaks" turn out to be untrue.
It's been a good ride regardless of the result and to spoil it right at the end would be disappointing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No... that level is a maze. Keep wondering around and you will get back on the right path. They usually open doors and release enemies only to have you go into another door in the same level.

There is also another level later on that is just as bad, if not worse. I went in circles for a while. Halo 2-4 are not as bad about that. It was their first game plus early FPS games did not hold your hand. The original Dooms literally had maze like levels.

There are some hints in the Halo 1 level on where to do with the use of small colors on the doors or certain landmarks if you can figure it out.
Do the doors open automatically, or is there a button/key that I have to press to open them? I walked around the room, and all of the doors were shut, so I felt like I was missing something.

I could probably skip to Halo 2, but I've never played Halo 1 before (I only played Halo 3, 4, and Reach), and I wanted to see what that was like.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Do the doors open automatically, or is there a button/key that I have to press to open them? I walked around the room, and all of the doors were shut, so I felt like I was missing something.

I could probably skip to Halo 2, but I've never played Halo 1 before (I only played Halo 3, 4, and Reach), and I wanted to see what that was like.
It is based on triggered events.

So you enter that first hanger and there are enemies released from multiple doors but only one allows you to go through. This will happen several times through the level. There are red and green lights on the door. Green typically indicates where to go. Sometimes you can go down entire hallways only to find it is a dead end. Also, the biggest issue is that you will get turned around sometimes and end up going backwards through areas you already cleared.

I would have to known exactly where you were at and be watching you to give you exact advice, I would just say go back and look for the right path. Are you to the prison area yet?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It is based on triggered events.

So you enter that first hanger and there are enemies released from multiple doors but only one allows you to go through. This will happen several times through the level. There are red and green lights on the door. Green typically indicates where to go. Sometimes you can go down entire hallways only to find it is a dead end. Also, the biggest issue is that you will get turned around sometimes and end up going backwards through areas you already cleared.

I would have to known exactly where you were at and be watching you to give you exact advice, I would just say go back and look for the right path. Are you to the prison area yet?
I just arrived in the ship, so I'm still in the first room. I'll check it out at some point after the Direct; I wouldn't want to try it now, lose track of time, and miss out on the presentation.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
Please finish this fight! I really hope he gets in as he is my last most wanted character!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh well, we got a good showing for Infinite this E3 which is all I can ask for really

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On one hand the reveal we got I'm pretty content with.

On the other hand...Seems like Chief's chances and days are probably over or have drastically dropped. Maybe there's still a small chance he could be saved for last but I'm not counting on it at this point as E3 was the best place to reveal him...:(

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I can't further emphasise "politely"

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
So, I missed a lot of stuff this morning because I didn't want to be spoiled. Seems like Chief was leaked, but wasn't actually the character? What is it that I missed, exactly? I can't seem to find it.

zferolie

Smash Hero

I can't further emphasise "politely"
That means hes not happening at all then right? So Vergeben was wrong and wanted to try and gain some reconition one more time?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Rough stuff, then. Glad I didn't see the leak beforehand, because I would have been even more let down. I'm happy for Tekken fans, but I really have never been attached to that character.

But, I am curious as to what the datamine means, then. Nikki, the dataminer, is reputable, correct? So, that means that something with Master Chief was found?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
There was nothing wrong with being open minded to the possibility of Chief when someone hinted he might happen. I was ready to just roll with whatever, armored green guy or not, but expecting nobody but the character brought up is a dangerous trap to fall into no matter how you spin it.

I think he could still happen last (to "finish this fight" as everyone always puts it), but it could also be someone else. I'm still gonna be open to him possibly happening even though he wasn't my #1 most wanted, but won't be too disappointed either way.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
There was nothing wrong with being open minded to the possibility of Chief when someone hinted he might happen. I was ready to just roll with whatever, armored green guy or not, but expecting nobody but the character brought up is a dangerous trap to fall into no matter how you spin it.

I think he could still happen last (to "finish this fight" as everyone always puts it), but it could also be someone else. I'm still gonna be open to him possibly happening even though he wasn't my #1 most wanted, but won't be too disappointed either way.
I knew he was a Longshot, TBF..

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So, the leak from Vergeben is either false, or the info wasn't for E3, but for later. Still, it does sting a little that it didn't happen.

Kazuya is a rad pick, though, and Tekken is a very deserving franchise.

Top Bottom