• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
This. NOT having Skyline would be a big missed opportunity. LOVE that track.
You guys know exactly what I'm talking about. 4:35 onwards.

That one's great but for me when I think halo odst I think of this song it just has the games feeling yeah it's a bit sad and somber but when it picks up it really gets good plus I think smash needs some low energy songs

D

Deleted member

That one's great but for me when I think halo odst I think of this song it just has the games feeling yeah it's a bit sad and somber but when it picks up it really gets good plus I think smash needs some low energy songs
Ah yeah, that one too! I always tend to think of that track when I think of ODST. If we had this, it'd be kinda like the Midna's Lament of Ultimate, lol. Sad they got rid of the original version from Brawl/Smash 4.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Ah yeah, that one too! I always tend to think of that track when I think of ODST. If we had this, it'd be kinda like the Midna's Lament of Ultimate, lol. Sad they got rid of the original version from Brawl/Smash 4.
I think sadly there going for high energy songs

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
It's kinda strange that Nintendo Direct and next Xbox showcase are pretty close to each other... perhaps?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
It's kinda strange that Nintendo Direct and next Xbox showcase are pretty close to each other... perhaps?
If Chief is in, announcing him next week would be good synergy for the two companies. He could be announced for Smash on Monday & then they could mention it during the Xbox event.

But I won’t give up hope if next week’s not the week. I know anniversaries don’t usually mean much for Smash, but next year is Halo’s 20th Anniversary so maybe Microsoft wants to make it a big year for the series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
True, but the rumor also came from King Zell, a very credible leaker with solid record.
It would be extremely unfortunate for the leaker/insider community if he of all people ends up bamboozled by a delay.

If Chief is in, announcing him next week would be good synergy for the two companies. He could be announced for Smash on Monday & then they could mention it during the Xbox event.

But I won’t give up hope if next week’s not the week. I know anniversaries don’t usually mean much for Smash, but next year is Halo’s 20th Anniversary so maybe Microsoft wants to make it a big year for the series.
As far as I'm concerned, Smash is seldom 1:1 in regards to anniversaries, so "close enough" would be good for me, it worked for :ultbanjokazooie: (which were revealed the year after their milestone b-day).

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I wonder if we’ll see anything from Halo: Infinite’s multiplayer next week. I guess it’ll depend on how much time they want to spend on Halo. Halo IS their flagship, but I can imagine MS being annoyed at how many people see Xbox as a “Halo machine”. Series X reveal could be a good place to show they have a lot more.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I came up with my own Master Chief reveal trailer:

Trailer opens, Smash logo

Finish the Fight plays as the words "1985" appears on the screen. Mario is seen facing off against Pac-Man

Screen flashes in a reference to the Halo 3 trailer and the words "1991" appear.. Mario is joined by Sonic

Another Halo 3 style screen flash as the word "1995" appears.. As Mario and Sonic are joined by Snake, Cloud, or Crash, we hear the familar sound of a UNSC drop pod landing, and as they turn to stare at this unknown opponent, the camera pans, and we see Chief's MJOLNIR helmet, like in the Halo Infinite teaser

Screen flashes again with "2001" appearing on screen

We then hear the voice of Sgt. Johnson… "Master Chief, Do you mind telling me what you are doing in Smash?" Chief responds "Sir, Finishing This Fight!"… and he readies his Assault Rifle in a reference to either the box art from Halo: CE or Halo 3, a Splash Screen appears

**MASTER CHIEF: Finishes The Fight**

*Gameplay footage, as well as seeing Chief do a taunt while standing next to The Arbiter AND Banjo*

*We see a shot of Chief's Final Smash, and the trailer ends with us seeing the phrase "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Halo"*

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
That would be a fantastic. Hardcore Halo fans would know what’s happening from the first note, while everyone else is wondering what’s going on until Chief shows up.

Would Arbiter be an echo in this scenario?

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I came up with my own Master Chief reveal trailer:

Trailer opens, Smash logo

Finish the Fight plays as the words "1985" appears on the screen. Mario is seen facing off against Pac-Man

Screen flashes in a reference to the Halo 3 trailer and the words "1991" appear.. Mario is joined by Sonic

Another Halo 3 style screen flash as the word "1995" appears.. As Mario and Sonic are joined by Snake, Cloud, or Crash, we hear the familar sound of a UNSC drop pod landing, and as they turn to stare at this unknown opponent, the camera pans, and we see Chief's MJOLNIR helmet, like in the Halo Infinite teaser

Screen flashes again with "2001" appearing on screen

We then hear the voice of Sgt. Johnson… "Master Chief, Do you mind telling me what you are doing in Smash?" Chief responds "Sir, Finishing This Fight!"… and he readies his Assault Rifle in a reference to either the box art from Halo: CE or Halo 3, a Splash Screen appears

**MASTER CHIEF: Finishes The Fight**

*Gameplay footage, as well as seeing Chief do a taunt while standing next to The Arbiter AND Banjo*

*We see a shot of Chief's Final Smash, and the trailer ends with us seeing the phrase "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Halo"*
I can also see them doing CG trailer where Chief is dropped through a drop pod, and Halo 3 piano note plays.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
That would be a fantastic. Hardcore Halo fans would know what’s happening from the first note, while everyone else is wondering what’s going on until Chief shows up.

Would Arbiter be an echo in this scenario?
No, Assist Trophy.

Also, the idea was to reference the Console Wars...

1985 is when the NES was released in North America and Mario made his first notable appearance

1991 is Sonic's first appearance

1995 references the launch of the PlayStation

and 2001, as you all know, references the Original Xbox's launch, as well as ths release of Halo: Combat Evolved, which was Chief's debut..

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
EA389F14-DA56-4592-990A-8A208A9EA992.jpeg

3D74A4BE-0F9E-4AFF-9018-57F073B5E1D6.jpeg

There’s been some uhh pretty interesting stuff being talked about in the Speculation thread. This could actually be our time, boys. Or atleast we won’t have to deal with people writing Chief off because Halo hasn’t been on a Nintendo system yet.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I imagine it’s the 20th. Unless MS & Nintendo really want to synergize for some reason.
If Nintendo and MS want to synergize for if Master Chief Collection actually does get announced for Nintendo Switch, you don't suppose they'd announce crossplay between Switch, Xbox and Steam, right? That's kind of the most logical thing to announce, almost like when they announced Minecraft crossplay. Unless there's something else that I can't think of right now.

But yeah, I agree on the date thing. I want it to be on the 20th.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They've got Crossplay in a Design Iteration phase as of the last Dev Blog update so I'd expect it to be added when Halo 4 gets added to PC at the earliest.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I don’t think there’d be crossplay with Steam because of keyboard & mouse. But crossplay with Switch would be likely.
To be fair, though, Minecraft Bedrock Edition has crossplay with Switch, Mobile, PC, Xbox and most recently PS4, so I don't think keyboard-mouse is much of an issue. But hey, it's fine if you don't think so.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Master Chief would be the more prioritized pick from Microsoft from a marketing/timing perspective. That, and MC is the mascot for Xbox as a whole. Between the rumored Master Chief Collection for the Switch and Halo Infinite, they have two major tie in opportunities

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
To be fair, though, Minecraft Bedrock Edition has crossplay with Switch, Mobile, PC, Xbox and most recently PS4, so I don't think keyboard-mouse is much of an issue. But hey, it's fine if you don't think so.
Minecraft isn’t a competitive game lol. They could add it for co-oo, Firefight & custom games though!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Plus, the other main reason I think Chief would be our other MS rep is largely due to the fact that they would probably want to expand the audience/playerbase for Halo beyond Xbox and PC gaming. Minecraft is everywhere, and frankly, doesn't need additional promotion

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Plus, the other main reason I think Chief would be our other MS rep is largely due to the fact that they would probably want to expand the audience/playerbase for Halo beyond Xbox and PC gaming. Minecraft is everywhere, and frankly, doesn't need additional promotion
Also because it would promote the Xbox brand in Japan, which has always been a weak spot

MattX20

Smash Hero
Chief's still got a great shot of being in the pass, so I wouldn't worry too much if we don't see his reveal tomorrow. He could still happen in the fall or at the Game Awards closer to the release of Infinite

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Chief's still got a great shot of being in the pass, so I wouldn't worry too much if we don't see his reveal tomorrow. He could still happen in the fall or at the Game Awards closer to the release of Infinite
At the very least, I'd settle with MCC finally getting ported, so that he can have an actual shot. The Minecraft costume is probably too small of a loophole to use.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
At the very least, I'd settle with MCC finally getting ported, so that he can have an actual shot. The Minecraft costume is probably too small of a loophole to use.
Joker: Uh... you can't be in Smash.

Cloud: He's right. You must have your games on Nintendo system to qualify.

Chief gently shows MCC Switch port.

Joker: Okay...

Cloud: Huh... didn't see that coming...

Chief: At least, I put my main games unlike you two who relied on spin-off, kids.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Been playing a lot of Halo MCC since they added challenges and weapon skins to Halo CE, and got curious about one of the achievements and the Xbox One version.

The achievement in question is "Back in the Day" requiring participating in a 4 player CTF custom game on Halo CE Blood Gulch.

Initially this required 4 players on 4 controllers on the same console, but I noticed with the PC release it removed the "on the same console" line.

So I'm curious if, on the Xbox version you can get this with everyone on different consoles now.

I want to try and test it someday.

Anyways, hope to see the legendary Spartan join the battle!

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I doubt it, but it would be very cool to see some Microsoft cooperation with Nintendo tomorrow. Not even talking exclusively about Halo. Anything they do together would be cool.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well... The only hype was SMT5... I'm not sure about the next direct.
Well, the extra Cadence of Hyrule stuff is cool.

From the wording, I guess we can expect the only traditional Nintendo (Mini) Direct for the remainder of the year to be sometime after Summer ends, with the rest being more Third-Party Direct Minis.

But hey, you still got Xbox showcase on Wednesday until then, I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom