• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I would be disappointed honestly given the cliffhanger that 5 left off on. I get the reception the post-Bungie era of the series has had and all, but if you’re gonna reboot or start from scratch in an attempt to return to form, at least finish the story you were in the middle of first. I want to see how it concludes with Cortana and where they were going with her. Just have better writers and you can still at least end the 2nd Halo trilogy with a bang... or not. We’ll see.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I doubt it's going to happen. Besides, it could just be me, but watching Master Cheif Shoot Kirby is like watching Deadpool beat the stuffing out of Kermit The Frog. Then again, Same Argument could go for Bayonetta and Snake. I dunno, I honestly don't think he even has a chance of getting in, sadly. I personally don't understand all the support for him if his chances are so low, but hey, you do you.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Nice.

From what I understand the 343 team had a major restructuring, not just because of the negative fan feedback but also because there were significant internal leadership conflicts that even made Microsoft say "enough is enough".

I doubt it's going to happen. Besides, it could just be me, but watching Master Cheif Shoot Kirby is like watching Deadpool beat the stuffing out of Kermit The Frog. Then again, Same Argument could go for Bayonetta and Snake. I dunno, I honestly don't think he even has a chance of getting in, sadly. I personally don't understand all the support for him if his chances are so low, but hey, you do you.
He probably doesn't have a great chance, but the possibility exists now that he's made an appearance on a Nintendo system - even if it's by way of a cameo in Minecraft. It's the same way Cloud got in despite only having a cameo in Kingdom Hearts for GBA. And in much the same way I support Earthworm Jim to my dying breath even though his chances are infinitesimally small, I still support him as an ultimate dream character.

Master Chief is an awesome character, and his game paved the way for console FPS games to thrive. He has plenty of non-ballistic scifi weaponry at his disposal, so he doesn't necessarily have to shoot Kirby with his assault rifle. Much like Samus he has access to plenty of energy-based and explosive weapons that are still uniquely his.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nice.

From what I understand the 343 team had a major restructuring, not just because of the negative fan feedback but also because there were significant internal leadership conflicts that even made Microsoft say "enough is enough".

He probably doesn't have a great chance, but the possibility exists now that he's made an appearance on a Nintendo system - even if it's by way of a cameo in Minecraft. It's the same way Cloud got in despite only having a cameo in Kingdom Hearts for GBA. And in much the same way I support Earthworm Jim to my dying breath even though his chances are infinitesimally small, I still support him as an ultimate dream character.

Master Chief is an awesome character, and his game paved the way for console FPS games to thrive. He has plenty of non-ballistic scifi weaponry at his disposal, so he doesn't necessarily have to shoot Kirby with his assault rifle. Much like Samus he has access to plenty of energy-based and explosive weapons that are still uniquely his.
That is true, i don't think Cloud got in due to his KH sppearance though, i believe he made it in due to popular demand. But hey, if you want him in, you do you.
Also one thing i wanted to get out of the way, sorry if it seems like im critiquing your opinion, if you want him thats fine, i just support characters that at least could happen. But if Master cheif got in i wouldn't mind.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
In a (personal, somewhat semi-realistic) best case scenario I see Banjo Kazooie and Chief as playable characters and then that side rumor of a Mine Craft level stays at a level and trophies.

Before including a playable Chief, Sakurai would probably consider;
-Halo's popularity worldwide, impact, wether or not he is a worldwide icon (he is, but i'm not sure if Halo was popular in Japan)
-whether or not he should be THE fps fighter in the game, next to THE JRPG guy and THE fighting game guy
-Whether or not he should choose Chief, Banjo or Steve (Sakurai may go for 2, but not all 3. All 3 are vastly different and I can easily picture Sakurai going for any of them)
Well you don’t have a lot of good iconic picks for the fps guy

You gout the chief
Doomguy
Duke nukem
That’s all what comes to mind

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
At this point, Master Chief is probably the biggest inclusion that Sakurai could possibly make. His arrival would be groundbreaking and mark a historical moment in gaming history. I think that it would easily be bigger than any guest inclusion so far, such as Sonic and Mega Man. I think Halo is more popular nowadays, and way more casuals have played his game. It's probably a pipe dream, but if it ever did happen, I would be on board. I can't think of many newcomers on his scale except a Sony rep (probably Kratos or Ratchet/Clank).

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Damn it'd be something MASSIVE if he got in. He'd make history, not as another 3rd Party guest, but as the very first guest fighter from a direct competitor. Literally a 1st Party IP from an "enemy's" lineup. You think people lost their minds with Snake and Sonic? The gaming industry itself wouldn't even know how to react! Just look at the potential lineup of fighters:
Mr. Video Game Himself
Nintendo's Oldest Rival
The Face of Fighting Games
Nintendo's Oldest Ally
Mr. JRPG
Mr. Stealth
THE Arcade Phenomen
and...
Mr. FPS

Smash 4 made history already but damn this would top that instantly..

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
Guys i thought of perfect stages
One for the campaign another for the multiplayer

1st-Assault in the control room/Two betrayals (based on the area from Halo CE)
2nd- Guardian (Halo 3 multiplayer map)
I think it makes sense having both

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I don't understand the Nintendo purists thought that 3rd partys have to be close to Nintendo. I feel like 3rd partys in Smash with the exception of Bayo, are picked because they are the most iconic of iconic in terms of video game characters. I know it didn't start that way (it was only because Kojima was Sakurai's friend that Snake is in), but that is definitely the direction it has been going. Chief definately deserves to be alongside Pac Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Snake, Ryu, and Cloud

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Seeming as Bayonetta and Snake are from mostly Rated M series like Chief is (though I believe 4-5 got a T rating) I don't think family friendliness is a major issue, regardless I think Chief would be an excellent addition to Smash, he'd be even more hype than all the third party characters we've got combined in my opinion, especially since it'd be a major milestone in gaming history as well. I've also seen people state Master Chief would be an echo or clone of Snake in the past, but I think he's got more than enough material to be 100% unique. Though in a dream world I think we would get both him and Banjo and Kazooie as playable combatants, breaking the internet at such a momentous occasion. So... I support.

ZelDan

Smash Master
While his chances aren't that likely, I'd actually be down for him being in Smash. What made me open to the idea of Master Chief being in Smash was Cloud making it in. Since Cloud was put in largely due to being the face of JRPGs (his Nintendo appearence wasn't exactly large), Master Chief could maybe get i for being the face of the FPS.

As a fan of the Halo games, and and someone who grew up playing Halo as much as Smash with friends, it'd be pretty cool to see the Chief to get in. Honestly though, another reason I'd like to see it happen is for the internet meltdown it would cause. The hype and salt would be delicious.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Seeming as Bayonetta and Snake are from mostly Rated M series like Chief is (though I believe 4-5 got a T rating) I don't think family friendliness is a major issue, regardless I think Chief would be an excellent addition to Smash, he'd be even more hype than all the third party characters we've got combined in my opinion, especially since it'd be a major milestone in gaming history as well. I've also seen people state Master Chief would be an echo or clone of Snake in the past, but I think he's got more than enough material to be 100% unique. Though in a dream world I think we would get both him and Banjo and Kazooie as playable combatants, breaking the internet at such a momentous occasion. So... I support.
People who say Master Chief or Doomguy should be echos of Snake clearly haven’t played any of the three’s games. Halo has so much to work with.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
As odd as and unbelievable as Master Chief would be; I can't help but imagine his moveset being awesome. Hand to hand, Assault Rifle, Magnum (Halo 1), Frag Grenades, Combat Knife (grapple), Shoulder Charge, Ground Pound, even the Energy Sword could all be apart of his moveset. However, what should Master Chief's Final Smash be?

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
I think he's up b would be the portable gravity lift from halo 3
He's final smash has to be something quick straight to the point, like idk, maybe something like using spartan laser once like bowsers, but you can only use it once and its very powerful

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I think a potential recovery should be the jetpack but, a portable grav lift works too. I think the Spartan Laser should be one of his specials not the Final Smash. Maybe since Fox ditched his tank for an Arwing; he could summon a Scorpion Tank? Or maybe Summon a Mantis?

ZelDan

Smash Master
As odd as and unbelievable as Master Chief would be; I can't help but imagine his moveset being awesome. Hand to hand, Assault Rifle, Magnum (Halo 1), Frag Grenades, Combat Knife (grapple), Shoulder Charge, Ground Pound, even the Energy Sword could all be apart of his moveset. However, what should Master Chief's Final Smash be?
I was thinking his final smash could be the spartan laser.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I honestly thought that doing a rocket/grenade jump would be a more interesting Up B.

As for his final smash? Now that they're making them all quick and snappy we can't just have him summon a Scorpion/Rocket Warhog and drive around in that for a bit. It could go the generic 'cutscene' route of having a Scorpion/Warthog hit them like Falcon's or the Spacies and they get teleported to a field with Master Chief blasting them from the passenger seat while a UNSC soldier drives rings around them and another on the turret blast them too, ending with them being run over.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
How about for his Final Smash; Master Chief calls in the Arbiter and they both attack who ever is caught?

Also for a Stage; I'd say either Silent Cartographer or High Charity.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
While not exactly an accurate representation, seeming as there are final smashes that call in ships and other characters, what if Chief goes off-screen while the Covenant glass the stage?

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Why not just have UNSC ships bomb the stage instead?
A fair replacement, I just said Covenant glassing the stage since its straight to the point and a iconic thing the Covenant does to enemy planets, and more of an iconic thing than the UNSC bombing things. That or I was thinking of something alternatively with the flood, but eh... couldn't think of anything.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
A fair replacement, I just said Covenant glassing the stage since its straight to the point and a iconic thing the Covenant does to enemy planets, and more of an iconic thing than the UNSC bombing things. That or I was thinking of something alternatively with the flood, but eh... couldn't think of anything.
I'm cool with either TBH. I think a UNSC ship is the way to go if they wanna be strictly canonical, otherwise just roll with whichever's cooler. :)

EDIT: But honestly I say Hell No to the Flood; they're the reason why Halo 1-3 got an M rating and putting those disgusting freaks in Smash would complicate things. While I can see Chief using UNSC, Covenant and Forerunner tech for a Final Smash, him using the Flood goes against his character on such a deep level, despite "working" with them for 10 minutes in Halo 3. Plus, I don't like those onion boogers LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I would have suggested Master Chief calling in the MAC Cannons but that might be too similar to Ness and Lucas's Final Smashes. I would have had Master Chief calling in Sargent Johnson in the Scarab but that must be too similar to Samus's Final Smash.

Master Chief is a hard character to find a good Ultimate attack for.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Most characters final smashes are just variations of others.
Ike and Cloud have the same one, just a different aesthetic and all the cut-scene ones are pretty much the same.

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
You know guys, i know we could totally be wrong about chiefs inclusion, but im very optimistic for some reason, like actually feel is gonna happen, the last time i felt this way was with shulk, and it did

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Most characters final smashes are just variations of others.
Ike and Cloud have the same one, just a different aesthetic and all the cut-scene ones are pretty much the same.

To be fair, Ike's was a deliberate imitation of Omnislash, and then Cloud got added and brought his Omnislash with him. As for others, they may function the same but they try to at least look different.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Schnee117 Schnee117 , made a supporter's list for Master Chief. Use it however you like. :)
  1. Schnee117
  2. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  3. Cydane
  4. Planet Zeb(es)~
  5. NonSpecificGuy
  6. GolisoPower
  7. Cure_Lily
  8. Zem-raj
  9. Ridley_Prime
  10. MatgSy
  11. Guybrush20X6
  12. PsychoJosh
  13. Mario123311
  14. Mr. Shoe
  15. FoxE
  16. BirthNote
  17. Brother AJ
  18. DNeon
  19. ZealousGamer
  20. Wonks
  21. Llort A. Ton
  22. Spatman
  23. SneakyLink
  24. Connery
  25. nuclearneo577
  26. Amestris Square
  27. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  28. SEGAGameBoy
  29. smashingDoug
  30. AquaSol
  31. Xevious1
  32. xpnc
  33. smasherfan88
  34. ZelDan
  35. cool mario bros

Kaberman

Smash Rookie
Imagine both Master Chief and Banjo getting revealed in the same trailer.

Imagine the double whammy.

Supported.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
If we got both Banjo & Kazooie and Master Chief with a Minecraft stage; It'd give us a pretty good idea of how a Xbox Smash Bros would be like. ;) :p

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
Did any of you voted in the ballot for chief, to be honest i didnt because i didnt think he was realistic until they showed cloud

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Did any of you voted in the ballot for chief, to be honest i didnt because i didnt think he was realistic until they showed cloud
I would have if I'd stretched it out, I voted for 3 characters separately, in order I wanted them so if they only took the first answer from an IP it wouldn't matter. Went with Bomberman (RIP) Andy and Sami. wouldn't have taken much longer for me to get through Spyro and then MC, but I also tried to stay realistic like you so I doubt I would have went that far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom