• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Lost My Teammate to Halo 3. (The -box thread)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
H1roshi survived the WoW epidemic,

fought through Halo 1 and 2,

struggled out of Yugimanz,

(not that any of these games suck)

but now, unfortunately, has succumbed to Halo 3.

:embarrass

Vericz as well.

:embarrass

And now I humbly ask the entire FL/ATL south community

who wants to become my new permanent teammate?

Not for brawl; for brawl I have Kyon (Gary), for now at least.

Just to note:

In the past, I did have to team with different people when hiroshi couldn't make it.

I've teamed with Exarch for TGMT1, we got 7th.
I teamed with F-0 (We did pretty good, placed a few times, sometimes got *****)
I've teamed with Lambchops once (we won)
I've teamed with Colbol a number of times (We have never lost a tournament)
I've teamed with DaShizWiz and got 2ND at FAST1.
And others as well, who I haven't done too bad with.

And I pull my weight in teams. I don't win just because my teammate is really good.

My choice for a teammate would be Colbol, we have perfect teamwork, but taking him would be slapping Lambchops in the mouth with a c0ck, cuz they are like brothers and they always team and have fun. I'm just saying, they didn't make it out of pools in E52...Me and hiroshi did...only to get ***** in brackets.

I'm not going to beat around the bush - I want a good teammate. Who doesn't suck.
Yes, call me arrogant, call me cocky, I need money, right now more than ever, and I'm not going to get into detail about problems my family (excluding my father) is having right now.

Whenever I have teamed with like, anyone from the power rankings, we have won, and we have defeated top teams...

You know what I can do in teams.

My jigglypuff is quite annoying and repetitive, but it is effective.

I make people john. (For some reason that is a good thing)

Also, my name works with any name, just put a -box after whatever.

I call for a teammate, whoever teams with me will not be disappointed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would team, but the prob is I probaly might be almost as good as Action B@stard, only beat him once I beleive. But that was a long time ago anyways. ^^; I hope you get a good teammate and be able to resolve your economic situation, I feel ya. ;p

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hiroshi AND Vericz? ****, ********* wants to go into MLG 4vs4 halo 3 teams, but we already got 3 people and we couldnt let both of them on

Zoro

Smash Champion
Im about to start halo 3 myself

Seems like fun

Vericz is a pro though straight up pro!

Renth

Smash Hero
Okay this is annoying.

Halo 3 kids Add this Gamer Tag usuckandi it's a 1 month account I made on a friends xbox last night. add me if anyone wants to 1v1/1v2/1v3/1v4 or if my doubles partner is on 2/anything.

Add me guys.

Renth

Smash Hero
hiroshi AND Vericz? ****, ********* wants to go into MLG 4vs4 halo 3 teams, but we already got 3 people and we couldnt let both of them on
you keep saying you want to go MLG in 4v4 halo 3 teams.'

Add usuckandi and come play me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you keep saying you want to go MLG in 4v4 halo 3 teams.'

Add usuckandi and come play me.
ill add you and we can play tonight if you want.

note that i am horrible at the game. I bought it monday, and played it for the first time yesterday. But ill still play with you :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
use the battle rifle and aim for the head and don't miss
lol. my friend who is actually good was trying to tell me some stuff yesterday. I think i've gotten crouch jumping down at least, although the only map i really know is guardian. I gotta find an easy way to just practice jumps...I think he said something about as long as the 4th shot is a head shot with the battle rifle, 4 shots from the battle rifle will kill. is that right?

Edit: can one of you tell me the smashboards equlivelant for halo 3?

Renth

Smash Hero
lol. my friend who is actually good was trying to tell me some stuff yesterday. I think i've gotten crouch jumping down at least, although the only map i really know is guardian. I gotta find an easy way to just practice jumps...I think he said something about as long as the 4th shot is a head shot with the battle rifle, 4 shots from the battle rifle will kill. is that right?

I'll show you stuff XD when you said about MLG i was under the impression you thought you were really good. yes that's true. you can shoot someone anywhere in the body 3 times as long as #4 is in the head they'll die.

A lot of useful information for you. watch the Halo 3 Mythbusters on youtube.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman

1v1 is no fun in Halo, it mostly involves the same scenario happening over and over and seeing who comes out ahead the most. Sniper rifle + battle rifle is a god combo because you can hit someone with one shot from the sniper, then pull the BR and hit them in the head for a free kill.

Basically, just watch for your opponent's armor to flash which means it's off and you'll see crackly yellow **** all around them. Hit them in the head with any kind of bullet or put a grenade near them and they die.

If by some extreme chance you ever end up in a sword fight, don't push R ever. Use B instead. Practice the trajectory of grenades so you can stick people, don't jump when somebody is sniping you (it puts you on a really predictable arc where your head screams for a bullet). There are a few maps with superjump glitches and there's also grenade/rocket jumping, but you shouldn't need to know about those.

Renth

Smash Hero
There are a few maps with superjump glitches and there's also grenade/rocket jumping, but you shouldn't need to know about those.
Rocket Jumping and super jump glitches are in Halo 2.

I disagree highly about 1v1s not being fun. I love them cause I don't ever lose them. Everything else you're right with swords if you use just B it helps but it also helps to lunge sometimes and there's a few tricks in swords I do.

Put your middle finger on the trigger, your point finger on the B button, and keep your thumb on the right analog. whenever you are in a beat down fight that way you can turn to the left or the right with the left analog and slip around for easy assassinations

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
Rocket Jumping and super jump glitches are in Halo 2.

I disagree highly about 1v1s not being fun. I love them cause I don't ever lose them. Everything else you're right with swords if you use just B it helps but it also helps to lunge sometimes and there's a few tricks in swords I do.

Put your middle finger on the trigger, your point finger on the B button, and keep your thumb on the right analog. whenever you are in a beat down fight that way you can turn to the left or the right with the left analog and slip around for easy assassinations
oops, confusion. this is what i get for not having an Xbox

I disagree highly about 1v1s not being fun. I love them cause I don't ever lose them.

normally attacking a person's motive is a logical fallacy, but I think it fits here.

And that works, but my method is to curl my index finger and push the B button with my knuckle, and use my middle finger for the R's. and yeah, the lunge can help every now and then but it's situational.

chaddd

Smash Lord
We can try the teams thing one day if you want. I do well with the Puffs. Grab-rests or some sh*t like that. Hellz yeah.

Renth

Smash Hero
you have the worst name EVER!!!!

Would anyone be interested in coming to a halo 3 tourney, me and a few friends are hosting
if i were in Fl i'd be down for sure

add my gamer tags Strenko and usuckandi those are my only currently active ones

1v1/2v2/social slayer whatever.

vericz

Smash Champion

mlgpro.com or halo3forum.com

you wanna touch it?
hell no, i dont even touch the real game

if i were in Fl i'd be down for sure

add my gamer tags Strenko and usuckandi those are my only currently active ones

1v1/2v2/social slayer whatever.
sure thing guy

Top Bottom