• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I kill this thread. Lock

napZzz

Smash Hero
i use it occasionally after I throw 2 nades and I get something like 1 on a platform and 1 sitting on the ground, then send out the nikita to try and hit someone who's attempting to get by that in a bit of an attempt to get some sort of triangle explosion.

Or if you're wayyyy at the top of the screen and they aren't trying to chase you just shoot a nikita and stop it instantly then fall near it and do whatever fancy nade tricks/other stuff to avoid getting juggled and hope the falling nikita will cover your ***

Lucario1337

Smash Journeyman
use it when you recover very high to clear room. launch one then drop it rightaway. thats about all its good for. maybe good for a few other things but its awful anyway. to slow. very laggy to punishable.

NIKITA is useful for stage spiking enemies at 150% above.

Punish them when they grab the ledge with the NIKITA

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It's a bad move due start-up, movement and cooldown, but can be used to safely punish plankers.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Use this move to edgeguard certain chars, when you throw them off stage, immediately send a nikita after them, they have to move/airdodge to avoid it, which puts them at a worse position for recovery.

I also like using nikita when they're on the ledge along with nades/C4/mines, a fav thing of mine to do is to place a C4 near the ledge, go to where they would be if they ledge roll, and send a nikita above them. That way if they jump they will get hit, if they ledge roll I can punish with ftilt/utilt/grab, and if they getup and shield, the nikita will push them offstage and I can blow up the C4 right as they get pushed off.

Also, sometimes during battle you can use a nikita and immediately drop it, sometimes your opponent will think youre sending it at them and try to hit you, they will run at you and get hit by it.

If can punish plankers well. Especially if they drop from the ledge. That's a clearer meaning ^_^

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
I tend to hard throw a nade SH back short throw a nade then missile people tend to air dodge into nades.

Anyone think of this angle. It can be used to follow a tech chase from a safe distance. Not a dthrow tech chase keep in mind.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Anyone think of this angle. It can be used to follow a tech chase from a safe distance. Not a dthrow tech chase keep in mind.
Mmmmm.....I've accidentally done this before.....it takes practice. Because.....well ....when I do it...it get PS'ed.

Also, What about using it as an anti-approach.
For EX: Throw out a grenade or 2 if you want....then....
use Nikita and send it up a little. And then it'll come down. (Is that a good explanation?)

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Nikita is less prone to slow down the less you move the control stick. Basically, tap the control stick once to change the direction so it won't lose too much momentum.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
if you watch any matches by Shuu, you will notice that he normally edgeguards mk with a mine about a rolls distance from the edge, then he dj backwards and hes a nikita to try and pressure mk to land on the mine. as good as any other edgeguard against mk, i suppose.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
if you watch any matches by Shuu, you will notice that he normally edgeguards mk with a mine about a rolls distance from the edge, then he dj backwards and hes a nikita to try and pressure mk to land on the mine. as good as any other edgeguard against mk, i suppose.
Vids please?

You can also use the c-stick to guide it slightly up and down without losing steam, or not much, I don't really remember.
Oh....that cool...imma try it.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
but can be used to safely punish plankers.
Is this true? I haven't had the pleasure of playing any plankers yet.

I guess i'm just brainwashed by reading the MK-ban debate - thinking that planking is pretty much unbeatable.

etecoon

Smash Hero
no it's true, snake really can't fight MK's planking if done perfectly, and in general can struggle against it

Is this true? I haven't had the pleasure of playing any plankers yet.

I guess i'm just brainwashed by reading the MK-ban debate - thinking that planking is pretty much unbeatable.
I really think that Nikita is a pretty good way for Snake to deal with planking from non projectile people. Throw a grenade so it lands on the edge, then fire the nikita after it. Try to get them on stage. This is much safer than attempting to try to run off stage, or plant c4 there, etc.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
I really think that Nikita is a pretty good way for Snake to deal with planking from non projectile people. Throw a grenade so it lands on the edge, then fire the nikita after it. Try to get them on stage. This is much safer than attempting to try to run off stage, or plant c4 there, etc.
I agree, it's also, **** for edge guarding over all. It can also serve as an anti-juggle.....if you use it correctly.

I agree, it's also, **** for edge guarding over all. It can also serve as an anti-juggle.....if you use it correctly.
Possibly for edgeguarding, however, I cannot help but agree with this series of quotes.

I don't see much Snakes using the remote nikita. Why?
Cause there's a better option in almost every situation you could be using it in...
This seems very true. There are just almost always better options than Nikita. The question is for who is Nikita a superior option for? Snake? Falco?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Possibly for edgeguarding, however, I cannot help but agree with this series of quotes.

This seems very true. There are just almost always better options than Nikita. The question is for who is Nikita a superior option for? Snake? Falco?
No not "possibly for edge guarding"......it is good for edge guarding.

Also, even if there is better options the Nikita.....it is still a very good option depending on the situation. Believe me.
I'm not sayin "believe me" because I use it alll the time or anything.....but I should it's very useful. :)

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Mizu, how do you apply it for edgeguarding?

The only possible way i can see it being useful here is if it's dropped from above your opponent. It sort of creates a wall that limits their options. My beef with using Nikita for edgeguarding is, that it takes very long time to apply. Time that could be spent setting up C4 / nade edgeguarding - or perhaps even placing yourself for edgeguarding with an aerial, covered by a mortar and other explosives.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Mizu, how do you apply it for edgeguarding?

The only possible way i can see it being useful here is if it's dropped from above your opponent. It sort of creates a wall that limits their options. My beef with using Nikita for edgeguarding is, that it takes very long time to apply. Time that could be spent setting up C4 / nade edgeguarding - or perhaps even placing yourself for edgeguarding with an aerial, covered by a mortar and other explosives.
I'd find a vid....but I'm in school and Youtube is forbiddin here? :ohwell:

So I'll post it soon.

It's been a week, I doubt we will get anymore info out of people on nikita. Time to move onto:

Mortar Slide

chop chop, get to it.

DACUS should be used to retreat and restart camping. It also does "okay" in approaching.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Whipping it out randomly can be pretty effective, but should be done with caution against good DDD's.

It is pretty good for moving around fast and can put some pressure on the opponent while edgeguarding.

There really isn't much to discuss / find out about this move i think.

@ Mizu, i'd still like to know how Nikita can be effective for edgeguarding :ohwell:

napZzz

Smash Hero
If you can use it randomly and be smart about it the mortar slide can get you out of some bad situations. I even like to use it out of crouch sometimes. Sometimes it makes a decent approach for getting a quick mortar in the air from a weird distance to hit an air camper unless they avoid it. At least it'll help in getting them back onto the ground so you can try to get them in snakes **** CQC =D

As for the contact mortar slide, it should easily replace snakes dash attack, never ever use it, just do this. Its done by hitting up+z and holding for as long as you like after the initial dash attack, whether you use the c stick down or the a button to do it, its all up to you. Sometimes it will combo from dash attack-mortar depending on percent character DI etc, and if you accidentally dash attack a shield and you dont get punished properly right away at least you'll get away thanks to this and leave a mortar behind to protect your getaway.

Use it wisely, and dont abuse it.

Mortar Slide can also be a great move for punishing SH characters. TL, Link, Falco or Samus SHing all the time into some predictable moves like SHDL or Zair. Just mortar slide to them when you see them jump and with the right spacing you slide right under them and hit them with the mortar.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Mortar Slide can also be a great move for punishing SH characters. TL, Link, Falco or Samus SHing all the time into some predictable moves like SHDL or Zair. Just mortar slide to them when you see them jump and with the right spacing you slide right under them and hit them with the mortar.
It is, believe me. I've used it for this sooooooo many timez. I fight my one of my best friend's link almost every weekend. And it works great. It works good...for all of them except:
TL, for TL it sorta works, because he's fast, has very little lag, and because TL tend to vary the jumps from SH to FH.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dunno how reliable this can be. Maybe with tink, but they dont just randomly air dodge and zair when you're far enough away for them to just throw **** at you lol. Try mortar sliding into a falco who's doing the SHDL correctly, he'll have plenty of time to get away before you reach him and either punish you or just retreat and reset the camping situation.

Not trying to be negative, but I'm just contributing to the conversation and how useful I think the situation things mortar slide can do can really be.

DACUS is very punishable though. It can be punished by most attacks especially Ganondorf's jab. DACUS shouldn't be spammed a lot. I use DACUS to retreat, control the stage or even approach (But DA would be better imo)

napZzz

Smash Hero
DACUS is very punishable though. It can be punished by most attacks especially Ganondorf's jab. DACUS shouldn't be spammed a lot. I use DACUS to retreat, control the stage or even approach (But DA would be better imo)
thats sort of what I was trying to get at. Its not really a good approach when they're grounded, you should only get closer to someone with it if they're high enough in the air they cant punish, or if you need to get to the other side of the stage quickly, whether its to retreat or chase them.

thats sort of what I was trying to get at. Its not really a good approach when they're grounded, you should only get closer to someone with it if they're high enough in the air they cant punish, or if you need to get to the other side of the stage quickly, whether its to retreat or chase them.
Although, make sure you do use it at times. It's not punishable enough for the occasional instance. But, if you neglect ot use it at all you are wasting a valuable move. Part of the mix-up game :dizzy:

Also, if you want to get nades by using DACUS, you better be near your nades. If your far, you might hit your nade and your nade will explode on you

Oh, btw: Just get a pic of Snake doing u-smash. That's all. Everyone here understands

etecoon

Smash Hero
DACUS with a grenade > charge fsmash, lol flashy snake tricks that should never work : )

napZzz

Smash Hero
hmmm, seems like mortar research is coming to a close. Besides its obvious uses I think we managed to get down alot of its more advanced things you can do with it. As to what should be done next, I say snakes fsmash since its another janky move, which it seems like you're doing this series for. =]

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Lolz, grenades are great for having nearby while doing any laggy move. When you punish yourself your opponent can have a harder time doing it.

Top Bottom