• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just recieved a lovely phone call.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
So, I'm sitting at home when the phonge rings.

"Hello."

"Hi, this is (forgot the name) entertainment," says a womens voice. "Is there anyone over 18 home?"

I'm about to say "no" but then I change my mind and decided to say "yes" instead.

"I'm calling to offer you girls gone wild for a risk free trial offer. First I need to confirm your address."

"I really don't want anything like that sent here."

"We have a risk free trial offer, we have sex in vegas, sex in somewhere else, sex, sex, sex(I forgot the other titless but they all had sex in them)."

"That's ok, I really don't want it."

"Is it because ... we have guys gone wild."

"No thank you."

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
lol at the second-to-last one "Is it because [your gay, wait, nvm]... we have guys gone wild!

I just love starting conversations with telemarketers, just keep some conversation going and don't hang up until they do lol

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
That reminds me vaguely of some comedian that was on the Bob and Tom show that would always record conversations with telemarketers. The instance I remember hearing he pretended to be a policeman and that the resident was murduered, and started questioning the telemarketer; calling him a potential gay lover and stuff like that. I think it was also made into a ytmnd <.<.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
That reminds me vaguely of some comedian that was on the Bob and Tom show that would always record conversations with telemarketers. The instance I remember hearing he pretended to be a policeman and that the resident was murduered, and started questioning the telemarketer; calling him a potential gay lover and stuff like that. I think it was also made into a ytmnd <.<.
I heard that, and yes, it was on YTMND. Funny stuff. Since then, I've been tempted to do that, but we stopped getting telemarketers.

Except for this one time I got a call from the Univerity of Phoenix-- which I had absolutely no interest in. When she asked if I was interested, I sad sure. I had her fill out TONS of information. Took about ten or fifteen minutes.

The last question she asked, (I could tell because she started out by saying 'and finally...'), I answered with this.

"You know what? ...I'm not really all that interested."

"...what?"

"Yeah, I'm not interested. Thanks anyway though!"

"You know, it would have been..."

"Sorry, can't hear you."

"I said it would have been a lot easier if you told me that before I start---"

That's when I hung up. I wish to this very day that I stayed on... but yeah. I guess I kind of felt sorry for that lady. I bet she hates her job.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
wow, thats almost as scary as when 2 guys rang my doorbell and asked me if they could read the bible to me.

flaco

The Terminator
My CPU is a learning computer the more I have contact with humans the more I learn

I got that from the movie

KaoS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, I just called some random number today and started naming off fake Girls Gone Wild videos to some random person ... he totally though I was for real!! And he kept refusing my offers so then I told him we had Guys gon.....

Oh wait.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I got the same call 3 days ago, I'm still waiting for the delivery

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Hey guys, I just called some random number today and started naming off fake Girls Gone Wild videos to some random person ... he totally though I was for real!! And he kept refusing my offers so then I told him we had Guys gon.....

Oh wait.
Kaos, it was a women. :D

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
Totally unrelated, but I was browsing this topic and Ride of the Valkyries came on Winamp, and the cymbal crashes of the main theme were perfectly synchronized with F8AL's sig. Cool, huh?

Majora Zach

Smash Cadet
HA! I remember that one! The Telemarketer Nightmare...

I never get phone calls like that these days. That is hilarious.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm on the No Call List for a reason.

*****es.

edit: oh but they can call people who've done business with them.

chill.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If you do that again then you'll be inside serious trouble, you hear? And my parents just dont feel any necessary need to have that extra feature, i want it but they wont get it, i even offered to pay for it with my own cash but they still wont let me. :(

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Pfft, you wouldn't have to ask if you had caller ID :rolleyes: .

Nowadays, Telemarketing in Australia is getting really bad and most of the time the callers are from India and can barely speak English so you can hardly understand them. We just hang up, now.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Screening your calls through an answering machine works just as well as Caller ID. Make sure all your friends and family know you screen people, though. Some people dont like to leave messages.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
That can be really frustrating though, especially if the ring tone goes for a long time.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I guess it depends on what kind of answering machine you're using. I would be surprised if most didn't have an option to customize how many times the phone rings before it picks up. All you have to do is set it to pick up instantly and have a very short message.

"I'm screening you."

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
"We have a risk free trial offer, we have sex in vegas, sex in somewhere else, sex, sex, sex(I forgot the other titless but they all had sex in them)." ...
That's bugging me. Please change it to "titles". :p

Top Bottom