• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have never talked to a girl before in my whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=5399]I have never talked to a girl before in my whole life.[/drupal]

how should I go about doing this? I'm 18 and the mall is the only place I can go to meet girls, how can I approach them without seeming creepy, what do I say?
I was HS'd for a long time so I don't know what's socialy acceptable. Can I just walk up and start talking? what do I say?

I can't go to bars or meet hem at school so the mall is truly the only place I gave in this really small town. I don't have any friends and I've never had any friends so I can go to parties either. Please someone help me, this is really depressing and it's starting to affect me mentally, I have good days when I don't care I'm completley alone, other times I really want to kill myself, please help.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
There's really no standard process for it, just something, anything. "Hello" is a good place to start.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hobbies. Interests.

Those are the things that one should talk about, in addition with at least pretending to be interested in the hobbies and interests of others. Though it might be important to note, that in light of the fact that hobbies and interests are crucial, a mall might not be the best place, but rather a place dedicated to specific hobbies or interests create a much easier transition through the ice and also prevents you from coming up to girls in malls and finding out that they have not the slightest bit of similarity to you (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not helpful, particularly in your case I suspect). In addition, a mall isn't, perhaps, a place commonly seen by people to be a place where individuals go out and start talking to strangers and make friends, largely because it isn't much of a hobby-centric place outside of shopping. There is an obvious exception though, for example, if you are in like a fye and you see a girl looking at the same music, anime, game stuff or whatever you are interested in, you have something, but there is still the issue that the female is probably not desiring meeting strangers and making new friends because that isn't precisely the mentality of such a place, as I understand it, and also because it isn't much of a place to partake in the interests outside of pure conversation, which helps a lot, and again, particularly in your case. In places centered around a particular hobby or set of interests it can be assumed that anyone there is present to partake in it, and that it not only engages you with others without even the need of talking, but it also gives you something to talk about, and by engaging in activities with people you get closer, and the door to separate topics and other things will naturally become more amiable and transitional, and the "interest" in the other's other hobbies and interests manifests.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I think the above advice is way too complicated. Just say hi, if they don't want to talk, they'll let you know.

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Complicated? You serious? That's interaction 101. Anyone who has been in a social situation understands that stuff.

Avenging said he has trouble socializing, so saying something vague, which he has already probably thought of, is not going to help him. At all.

In addition, I'm guessing Avenging is not wanting to do such trial and error methods, especially since the average person isn't going to enjoy that, so I'm trying to help him out by avoiding that inasmuch as that is possible. He also expressed not wanting to be creepy, going up to girls in a mall saying, "Hi," and expect everything to just fall into place just screams awkward unless you are a natural extrovert, which he has admitted he isn't, which is perfectly fine and isn't needed.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Just treat em like there normal people. Be yourself. Engage them about something they're interested in, and you'll be fine. Male or Female, bottom line is people love talking about themselves. Its easy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No reason to go off yourself, I guarantee you there are girls out there who've gone through exactly what you have and feel the same way. If you found eachother, that'd be neat.

But regardless, Jam's advice is the best. Just be humble and say hello. If you don't know what to talk about, ask them about a weird interest of yours. Maybe they'll be receptive to something oblique instead of normal casual interest talk.

Question: what interests you?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Never feel bad if someone doesn't want to talk to you, it lets you know right away that you don't need to waste your time on them. As long as you're not extra creepy, like breathing really hard, maybe drooling on her ****, they shouldn't be too offended.

And if nothing else works just go gay like Teran did.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Is that why Teran chose to be gay? Because he's creepy?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
and he may be able to fix his face with that 100 million dollar jackpot tomorrow

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's nice to have everything revolve around me but I think we should focus on how not to be awkward as ****.

Oh wait we post on a gaming forum, never mind.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's nice to have everything revolve around me but I think we should focus on how not to be awkward as ****.

Oh wait we post on a gaming forum, never mind.
I'm sorry Teran.

That you're so ugly.
Kidding! You look like Matthew Patel so that's not bad.

And hey now, that's insulting to all of us! Not everyone here is awkward. Well, I am. But I know how extroverts aren't I guess.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I don't have a fringe anymore so I look completely different.

But honestly all you have to do not to be awkward is to just speak with confidence, or at least mock confidence, but also no be rude and obnoxious.

That last part is sort of what trips some people up.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Never feel bad if someone doesn't want to talk to you, it lets you know right away that you don't need to waste your time on them. As long as you're not extra creepy, like breathing really hard, maybe drooling on her ****, they shouldn't be too offended.
We don't seem to agree on a lot of stuff but yeah, you pretty much have it.

Most people are nice and will take the time to chat with you if you do say hello. Those people that don't either are maybe slightly oversensitive when it comes to strangers etc... or they're just not being polite. And that's not your problem.

Obviously it helps if you're at a place that is dedicated to something. As Holder said, that breaks the ice a lot more. It's easier to go from 'hello' to 'Oh yes I love that too!' in a martial-arts dojo or a gaming tournament, etc... than in a mall where you might seem weirder than you are... which you're not. There's a lot of people who have this problem, heck even I sometimes have problems trying to approach people. It just takes a bit of bravery, a bit of quick thinking and shows that you're a courageous person, because stepping out and trying to meet people is actually really hard for the average person.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know the mall isn't the most ideal place, but I have no where else. I really mean that when I say it. I need to find awat ro make this work.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
alot of typos lol.

No I don't have any
Get male friends first. Meet women through the male friends (not in a forced way) and then profit from there.

Seriously you must have male friends first for so many reasons. Advice, support, people to join you if you're feeling like doing a gangbang, etc.

Edit-Also hey Teran if this is a troll thread how hard do we get to **** on him?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd say you could go to a bar, but you're 18, so you may not profit well in that environment. Pretty much your only option is to do what the others have said; just say "hello", be yourself, don't be (too) shy, and try making male friends. I mean, I like guys when they're a little shy myself, but even I want them to have the confidence to just talk to me and feel comfortable with having a conversation with me.

:phone:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
You could go to smash tournaments and meet girls there?

Yes and just go out and get that job in Australia that pays 10k per month to watch a tropical island while you're at it.

Meeting girls isn't easy because you don't share similar interests and you only take interest in them as potential partners. You wouldn't really have a problem meeting new guys because you're not expecting them to love you somewhere in the future, right?

The trick usually is to stop glorifying women as creatures that you cannot talk to, and also to give less of a **** of what they think of you if you crash and burn while talking to them.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice

Just a suggestion?

Why is the mall your only option?
GA, almost no tournaments.

I'm going to WABA and APEX but girls are rarely at vg tournaments. if they are it's like 1 and it's somebody like saffy.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

Just a suggestion?

Why is the mall your only option?
Reality ****s all over this idea. If you need to me to explain it, consider instead hitting yourself in the head with a shoe.

Also yes, be yourself but also realize first impressions do in fact matter.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
You need to get involved in social environments and meet people (not just women) organically. You meet women the same way you might meet men. Don't let people who tell you to go to bars to troll for girls, that's so wrong and inorganic.

The best way to meet people is to live your life in social ways that you enjoy and get to know people that way.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I suppose it isn't surprising the mall is the only place, a lot of America can be pretty boring, most of our attractions and distractions are food places. Because America is a starving nation.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Yes and just go out and get that job in Australia that pays 10k per month to watch a tropical island while you're at it.

Meeting girls isn't easy because you don't share similar interests and you only take interest in them as potential partners. You wouldn't really have a problem meeting new guys because you're not expecting them to love you somewhere in the future, right?

The trick usually is to stop glorifying women as creatures that you cannot talk to, and also to give less of a **** of what they think of you if you crash and burn while talking to them.
Hehe, actually that's really good advice. :-)

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
man this ish is to hard. I walked in, and couldn't stop sweating at the mere thought of talking to a girl =( I'm just gonna wait until like the monday after next, read a few books that may help.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The only thing that helps is not being a pansy.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Unfortunately homeschooling does that to people unless they do it in a healthy manner, i.e. going out often with people or having access to people. If that can be done, then it's infinitely better than a normal education.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Talking to girls is about as easy as talking in general. You can do it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Unfortunately homeschooling does that to people unless they do it in a healthy manner, i.e. going out often with people or having access to people. If that can be done, then it's infinitely better than a normal education.
Yeah I definitely have to agree here. School caters to a very specific kind of student... those who are naturally good at school aren't gonna study and some schools just don't cater to that kind of student. others give up on students who achieve too low.

Home schooling is the one (or two or three or whatever) child/children, allowing you to cater to their needs in terms of education.

Of course, and again holder pointed this out, social activity must be in there somewhere for home-schooling to be truly successful.

In fact, my sister is considering home-schooling my niece. :)

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Rule 1: Ignore any advice anyone has ever given to you and any posts that have been made in this thread other than by me. Furthermore, continue to ignore any post that may be posted in this thread other than by me. This includes posts that may even agree with my posts. It doesn't matter. They are non-existent. I am all that you need and all that you will ever need. So long as you follow this one and only rule, you will succeed.

Amendment: Ignore private messages from Keblerelf. He will lead to your failure.

-----------------------------------
Hello AvengingTheKnight
-----------------------------------

To begin, I am going to recommend you two sources:

-Rules of the Game, a book published in 2009 by Neil Strauss. Since its release, this book has aided thousands of men in overcoming the very issues that you speak of, transforming them into complete bosses. Would you like to be a boss, ATK? Yes, of course you do. Link

-Simple Pickup, a youtube channel in which 3 young men pick up women at various places using various themes. Part of their of channel, called Simple Tips, provides a lot of useful information: Link
Before watching the tips playlist, however, I recommend that you watch some of their get her number videos to get a sense of their credibility: Link

I have observed the results that both of these advice mediums have produced first hand. Everything that I explain to you from here on out will have derived from these two sources. I have a copy of The Rules of The Game book which contains "missions" for one to carry out that will guarantee one to get at least one date within 30 days. These missions gradually force one to act outside of their comfort zone. If you would like, I will provide you with a mission each day for you to complete. Are you interested, ATK? Do you accept this offer?

Take the :( pill face for no.
Take the :mad: pill face for **** YEAH!

Take note that if you choose to accept, there is no going back Neo, I mean ATK. You will leave this world behind. Your eyes will be opened to the bawss that you face everyday in the mirror. Never again will he be ignored.

For now, however, I shall provide you with the common misconceptions that many of us have about talking to or wooing (such an unpleasant word, why did I use that?) females. Simply understanding these misconceptions can go a long way. Most of these come from the RotG.

----------------------------
The Chains that Bind
----------------------------

Some of these we don't even think about. They are often natural, subconscious binds that build up the closer we are to an anticipated situation.

Limiting Belief: People are looking at me, judging me, or making fun of me.

Reality: This is half right. People notice you, but they're not necessarily judging you. Most of them are too busy worrying about what other people are thinking of them. Once you realize that most people are just like you-and that they're actually seeking your approval-you'll start to become socially fearless.

Besides, most bystanders who see you approach a girl or a group assume that you know the people. So act like you do. Not only will it ease your worries about what everyone else is thinking, but it'll also make your approach more effective.
Limiting Belief: Women aren't attracted to nice guys. They just like jerks.

Reality: This is one of the oldest myths about dating. And, fortunately it's inaccurate. The dating dichotomy isn't actually between nice guys and mean guys, or good boys and bad boys. It's between weak guys and strong guys. Women are drawn to men who demonstrate strength-not necessarily physical strength, but the ability to make them feel safe. So if you're a nice guy, you can still be nice. But you must also be strong.

However, make sure you know what nice means. Most guys who define themselves as "too nice" only behave nicely because they want everybody to like them and don't want anyone to think badly of them. So if this is you, get out of your nice high horse. Don't mistake being fearful and weak-minded for being nice.
Limiting Belief: I'm not good-looking, rich, or famous enough to be with beautiful women.
Reality: Many famous people have the same problems with women. The author of RoTG has worked with many. Money/Look/Fame do not matter. All that matters is how you are presented, not your natural born attractiveness (if there is such a thing). By how you are presented, I refer to simply being well groomed and having a confident (straightened) posture.

Limiting Belief: There's this one girl...
Reality: No there isn't.

Limiting Belief: All I have to do is "be myself", and eventually I'll meet the right women who likes me for me.

Reality: This works only if you know exactly who you are, what your strengths are, and how to convey them successfully. Most often, this statement is used as an excuse not to improve. What most of us present to the world isn't necessarily our true self: It's a combination of years of bad habits and fear-based behavior. Our real self lies buried underneath all the insecurities and inhibitions. So rather than just being yourself, focus on discovering and permanently bringing to the surface your best self.
Limiting Belief: If I approach a woman, she'll know I'm hitting on her and think I'm lame.
Reality: This only happens with over contemplation. You just have to realize and remember that it honestly really doesn't matter what you say. Watch some of the SPu videos I posted above. You can literally say anything (Yes, literally: you could walk up to a girl and say "anything...." and continue the conversation from there) and still get a girls number so long as you express it in a confident manner. The minute you believe that what you said was dumb is the minute she will think it so. So long as you believe in what you're saying, she will too.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
pick up artist bull****
Listen to this guy if you want to end up extremely self-monitoring and annoying to everyone you meet.

"Game" is a temporary solution to problems that you have had YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. You will not learn how to have fulfilling relationships if you learn pick up. You won't get guy friends. Sure, you might have sex with a couple of girls, but you won't be able to keep them around. You will still be alone.

I already sent you a PM. I want to know what you think about it.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
lol you didn't read any of that post. It basically talks about the opposite of what you're referring to.

Crap now I have to add Private Messages to Rule #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom