• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate to say it...

IronJiggs

Smash Rookie
But I think I may want to main MetaKnight.

I'm currently trying to find a new character--currently, I main Jigglypuff, Ness, and Zelda (in that order).

Things I want in a character:
1) Fast, high priority aerials
2) Unpredictable recovery
3) Able to gimp characters (aka prevent others from recovering)

Jigglypuff has the crazy good aerial maneuverability that I love
Ness has the grabs and aerials I love
Zelda has the decent smashes and the projectiles

I don't know what to do! AHHHHH

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Balloon count I dwindling!

Jigglypuff has been loosing a lot of lately. She only has a bit more potential, and it's enough to pass Samus on the tier list.

And as for MetaKnight? We believe the matchup is 45:55 - 40-60. They don't.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
Have you tried G&W? He has quick, high priority arials, can gimp, his recovery, while somewhat predictable, is extremely hard to gimp

Laem

Smash Champion
isnt MK the only char with an unpredictable recovery :p, meh, maybe peach as well

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Stay with JIgglypuff :p. We need more jigglypuff mains or at least secondaries. I mean air camp is to sexy
More targets for you tiny explorers vegetable armys to destroy? :urg:

Well, the poll was to see what the community thought. The SBR, I believe, has yet to vote on it. At least not that I'm aware of.
How behind are you people? It's all over. It's been over for a week. -_\\

MetaKnight isn't banned.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I have Jigglypuff and Luigi as secondaries :p

Don't you love it how JIggs can duck under Fox, and Falco lazer spam.
I was refering to Olimar's advantage on the matchup....?

Lol, that lazers. It forces them to aproach you, thus limiting thier options. :p

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

Play Metaknight.

Seriously, his learning curve is possibly the simplest and yields the greatest benefit.

Unless you aren't going to tournaments. But then, you don't need a main.

:D

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Realistically speaking... If you want to be good and win more than you're winning now, change to MK. He's better than jiggs in everything, as sad as it may sound.

Now, if you're not a tourney-goes... It's up to you. Maining those 3 was something you decided was fun for you, changing to MK would take away all those months of practice. The end result will be much better, but during that whole time, you could also be getting better with those 3 characters, you know?

My vote: main MK since he has literally everything you're looking for. People shouldn't look down upon you because of who you decide to use.

Of course, Kirby shares the same traits as MK, but to a lesser extent... So consider him too. :D

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I think Pikachu sounds like a pretty good optiona for you by the standards that you put.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Do whatever you want really. If you want to switch from Jiggly to MK (like I did) the switch isn't that hard. And I still am a proud Jigglypuff secondary.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
*sigh*

do whatever you want

i'm not stopping you,

but i know

you'll P**s alot of people off using him online (1on1)

especially with

dSmash..

i used to main him,

now he's just a side char. of mines..

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
*sigh*

do whatever you want

i'm not stopping you,

but i know

you'll P**s alot of people off using him online (1on1)

especially with

dSmash..

i used to main him,

now he's just a side char. of mines..
i can

also talk like.

this. To AnnoY people

you now.

People get pissed off online?

Revanchist

Smash Rookie
I've taken a vow not to use MK. I'll win without him. You can do the same with Jigs. And if you can't you can hold your head high without lowering yourself to becoming just another MK player. That's my philosophy at least.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Realistically, you should just use Metaknight. He has all three of the categories you want in a character and could potentially take you farther than the characters you play. I say try him out for a little while and see what it gets you. Forget about how you'll be seen in the eyes of others, in the grand scheme of things that is irrelevant. After you've played him for a while decide for yourself if you'll keep playing him or just stick with the ones you play now. As a character Meta is better than your current characters but you might find that you actually play worse with him than you do Jiggs, Zelda or Ness. At which point you can just switch back and all is right with the world.

So try him out, see what it gets you. No harm in trying, right?

NNID
Budget_Player
I've taken a vow not to use MK. I'll win without him. You can do the same with Jigs. And if you can't you can hold your head high without lowering yourself to becoming just another MK player. That's my philosophy at least.
Scrub.

If you want to win-if you want to play to win, pick metaknight.

Realistically, you should just use Metaknight. He has all three of the categories you want in a character and could potentially take you farther than the characters you play. I say try him out for a little while and see what it gets you. Forget about how you'll be seen in the eyes of others, in the grand scheme of things that is irrelevant. After you've played him for a while decide for yourself if you'll keep playing him or just stick with the ones you play now. As a character Meta is better than your current characters but you might find that you actually play worse with him than you do Jiggs, Zelda or Ness. At which point you can just switch back and all is right with the world.

So try him out, see what it gets you. No harm in trying, right?
Everyone should play metaknight. No bad stages, no bad matchups. Just play him and be glad you didn't pick some loser like ROB or Marth.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
People get pissed off online?
Quite a lot, actually. I go on 'With Anyone' sometimes (usually to kill time), and usually I play as ZSS, and end up winning by a mile (+4, while the runner-up is -1 lol), and after that two or three of them quit. I'm assuming some of them are rage quits lol.

On topic, if you want to win, then you should use MK. But if you don't care too much whether you win or lose, play as Jigglypuff. She's much more fun IMO, and we need more people to use Jigglypuff and prove that she's better than Samus.

Y05H!

Smash Cadet
Do what you want. I may dislike MK, but if he fits your style, go with it.

Then again I play more for the fun out of it, so if I loose so be it. I just learn from it and carry on with my life.

Something people tend to forget...

ITS JUST A GAME!

Rajam

Smash Champion
You can pick Wario too, great aerial speed, quick aerials, great recovery, quick fsmash with superarmor, and Wario can also help you against some really bad matchups for Jigglypuff, like Snake, Game and Watch, Olimar

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wario and metaknight are great characters to pick up for a jiggly main

as for changing mains... that's up to u lol

Top Bottom