• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I guess chillindude was horribly wrong

ptown

Smash Ace
chillindude was right.

you aren't pro i don't believe you. and anyways falcon is still good. you guys just aren't manly enough.

ptown

Smash Ace
what you don't have fun tripping?

what's wrong with you?

everytime i trip, i laugh and laugh.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Falcon does have a few really bad matchups, but Zelda's the only one that can consistently beat me down. The knee is definately worse, but it isn't broken. And if you know what your opponent is going to do, you can kill with falcon punch near the edge at 50-60%.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
wow the falcon boards are all about this topic xD
alright let me in, I'm going to do my job-to help these falcon board, mainly because I think there are a bunch of cool people here, that and I want to spread the knowledge and fame of my status to other boards other than Link.

Here we go

Looks like falcon DOES suck.

A lot =\
Way to state the obvious, you're a terrible poster and I have absolutely no idea as to why you made such an arbitrary thread, go die in a hole-you won't be missed.

Seriously enough, this board is starting to get riddled with little losers like yourself. Quit taking my oxygen, and just leave.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Way to state the obvious, you're a terrible poster and I have absolutely no idea as to why you made such an arbitrary thread, go die in a hole-you won't be missed.

Seriously enough, this board is starting to get riddled with little losers like yourself. Quit taking my oxygen, and just leave.
QFT.

Aura ftw...

chillindude829

Smash Master
yea my bad falcons terrible. if there was more hitstun he might be semi-decent. i thought about putting out "its falcon and **** 2", and just having it be a vid of chu 3 stocking my falcon with ICs, and ending it with "oops, falcon actually DOES suck"

ADHD

Smash Hero
yea my bad falcons terrible. if there was more hitstun he might be semi-decent. i thought about putting out "its falcon and **** 2", and just having it be a vid of chu 3 stocking my falcon with ICs, and ending it with "oops, falcon actually DOES suck"
If there was more hitstun? What hitstun?

This game should've been **** released when it was supposed to, then we'd be enjoying it.

****!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
IMO, his problem is more about PRIORITY.

You can't N-air approach. Like...at all.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
IMO, his problem is more about PRIORITY.

You can't N-air approach. Like...at all.
That's odd... NAir is my second favorite approach (I like the dash attack a lot; shield pushback pushes people over the ledge and even when you're not by the ledge they expect you to have more lag so when they try to smash you you just jab them, when they dodge it often hits them on the backside anyways, if they roll forwards no harm done because you're out of harm's way, and if they roll backwards you usually get to jab combo them. And its priority isnt that bad).

NAir is awesome because of its negligible landing lag, which allows you to play it pretty safe and use it in mindgames. Sure, you don't want to challenge most moves with it, but it is extremely useful. You're probably just rushing your approaches too much and not doing enough baiting, as once you've baited and punished a few times your opponent will try to outprioritize your moves a lot less often.

It's true that priority would be a lot more helpful than hitstun though.

cyclops4ever

Smash Apprentice
falcon doesnt suck! you got 3 stocked cause 1 you probably dont know how to deal with ice climbers, and 2 he was better than you. yes i ce climbers are better than the captain butnot so much better you should get 3 stocked. c'mon.

ptown

Smash Ace
chillingdudes232 tells lies.

if you believe a lie, the lie becomes truth.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's odd... NAir is my second favorite approach (I like the dash attack a lot; shield pushback pushes people over the ledge and even when you're not by the ledge they expect you to have more lag so when they try to smash you you just jab them, when they dodge it often hits them on the backside anyways, if they roll forwards no harm done because you're out of harm's way, and if they roll backwards you usually get to jab combo them. And its priority isnt that bad).
The two kicks have no duration and no priority below Falcon. You have to carefully delay or fastfall the kicks to hit someone with the N-air on the ground, and this is nearly impossible to do on characters less than human sized. It does have no landing lag, and assuming your opponent didn't attack you beforehand with a U-tilt, you can sometimes get in jab combos, but really, the N-air is just so bad for approaching unlike in Melee where the N-air actually had duration and priority below Falcon.

ptown

Smash Ace
The two kicks have no duration and no priority below Falcon. You have to carefully delay or fastfall the kicks to hit someone with the N-air on the ground, and this is nearly impossible to do on characters less than human sized. It does have no landing lag, and assuming your opponent didn't attack you beforehand with a U-tilt, you can sometimes get in jab combos, but really, the N-air is just so bad...
nair can hit all sized characters: it isn't nearly impossible. though it recovers quickly, there is landing lag.

nair IS a manly attack. maybe the problem is YOU're not manly enough.

quit crying and try being MORE manly and by that i mean change:
it may be the same ol' smash, but it's a different game, it's a different system, and a different falcon.

does it make sense to play falcon the same if there have been so many changes to him and the game?

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
first off, isn't chu amazing with ice climbers? secondly, ice climbers are just plain old hard to beat with out a character who has the right abilities for spacing i.e. projectiles and ability to reflect projectiles.

Top Bottom