• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got an interview! FOR A JOB

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, so here is a quote from MONTHS ago:

Ranmaru;07-04-2008 said:
Well, I was a custodian in Epcot, Walt Disney World. I worked full time there, but it was so frustrating, so boring, so easy. The only challenge was how to pass the time. I was working there for almost three years, sadly I have been terminated, but only volunteerily. I had gotten a message from a man, named Max R Gold, and he told me I was referred to him by a friend of mine, Angel. Me and him were close friends, so I trusted his claim. I called him back, and he sounded very professional. I was interested, and he asked if I had my career options open, and that he would want to speak to me further. I had set up an appointment with him on the following Tuesday, at 6:45 Pm.

It actually turned out to be an overview, for a company called Primerica, which was a division of Citigroup. Of course, it was legit, just a little bit weird in how they do things. I was interested, but I was still confused. They were very vague, as to how you would get payed, and what you would be doing. Thats how they reel you in. Thing is, the regular work day consists of going to the office for meeting, and then the rest of the day we are looking for candidates to work with us. I am shy, when it comes to going up to random people and giving them a script, which basically means "want to work under me? Our company is awesome". I hated doing that, and sadly, I had went seasonal at Disney, but with short notice, so that was my fault, of course. I truly thought that business would be for me, and kept calling a job a J-O-B, but I was wrong.

So, I was terminated for not calling in for seven days, even though I requested to go seasonal. I was going to the office, working, confronting my fears, but knowing I would not get payed until I got some liscenses. I was going crazy inside, I truly saw the big mistake I made. Now, I have been looking for a job everywhere, and had not found nothing as of late, sadly. Today, I went and turned in my ID and clothes etc. I was hoping to not see my managers, but oh well, I had to turn in my ID to one. So, I met with one of my managers, Sally, and she told me I could re-apply in six months, and I said that I would do that.

So, I regret what I did. I did leave in a bad way sort of, it wasn't right. I just hope I find a job now. I feel like crap, like a failure. Everything I do I do for a while, but nothing comes out of it. I don't know what to do.

Well, if you know how I feel, please, either post a response to my story, or relate a lost job experience. If you read this, thank you for hearing me out. :)

But thats over now! I got a call today, most random thing ever. I got an interview for Wednesday! I will be interviewed for the position of Sub Crossing Guard, yeah, not so good, but still! I finally got something oh thank god!

I can be able to do a few things I couldn't. (Like go to a tourney, eat at a fast food place [but I should focus more on my body and do better without fast food] I can help my mom. There will be a little less stress. I will be doing something.

So I started playing FF 12, and I had a very very giddy smile while killing some random monsters. You all know why. ;D

Btw, that division that I was working with in Primerica, there whole thing collapsed. I learned that a few months ago.

Also, my mother is in PA right NOW. She is looking for apartments, but was bout to come back. Then I got this call. Its sort of, Ironic. She wants to leave, and I never really thought I'd get an interview before I left. Now, I'm afraid of leaving. I don't want to. Well, we'll know after Wednesday what to do.

So, any tips for the interview my good friends?

hiROI

Smash Lord
Look confidence! I took a class that explained interview.
Some tips are:
-You should practice what you are going to say.
-Dress professionally. Even if its just Epcot, dressing professionally will tell them that you are taking this seriously.
-Be on Time. YOU MUST BE ON TIME.
-Stay Calm, Be Honest, and have a follow up. Tell them that you expect a call or send them a letter saying thanks for the interview and that you are a perfect candidate.

Any more tips, theres google!

Tell us how it goes!

Noa.

Smash Master
Also, when they ask if you have any questions, acutally ask some. That will show them that your'e really interested for the job.

DRD

Smash Lord
Congrats dude, that's pretty sweet

advice: don't YELL GAAAAHHHH

save that for scaring/heckling people who annoy you after you get the job

good luck bro

Lareit

Smash Ace
Ok, so here is a quote from MONTHS ago:

But thats over now! I got a call today, most random thing ever. I got an interview for Wednesday! I will be interviewed for the position of Sub Crossing Guard, yeah, not so good, but still! I finally got something oh thank god!

I can be able to do a few things I couldn't. (Like go to a tourney, eat at a fast food place [but I should focus more on my body and do better without fast food] I can help my mom. There will be a little less stress. I will be doing something.

So I started playing FF 12, and I had a very very giddy smile while killing some random monsters. You all know why. ;D

Btw, that division that I was working with in Primerica, there whole thing collapsed. I learned that a few months ago.

Also, my mother is in PA right NOW. She is looking for apartments, but was bout to come back. Then I got this call. Its sort of, Ironic. She wants to leave, and I never really thought I'd get an interview before I left. Now, I'm afraid of leaving. I don't want to. Well, we'll know after Wednesday what to do.

So, any tips for the interview my good friends?
primerica is amway(not Amway amway but the same system)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually I am not working for Primerica or Disney. I told Disney I was going seasonal with short notice, which was my big mistake. (I was pumped up for a new job, which was Primerica)

Primerica wasn't what I thought it would be. The manager was a jerk, and I couldn't take it for more than a week.

I have been unemployed since around then. :[

But thank you all guys!

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Nice going man. Does this mean you're not moving? Then maybe we will get to smash sometime then. BTW this is silenceofdjt a.k.a. Danny.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah it probaly does. Also means my mother feels as though as I forced her to not move... :[... BUt yeah, I'm staying, which means I need to get this job.

Top Bottom