• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I figured out a use for the doubleshine.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Lol dude this was just explained. Playing by yourself gets you nowhere the only real thing you can do is work on being consistent in your movements or if you want to go the extra mile, then practice playing technical. I really don't see how playing by yourself makes you smarter and as Shai stated above if you read =P, that he has noone to play with really so the only thing he can do is practice silly technical stuff.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Then play it casually and don't lose your time, dedicate to studying and then getting a job LOL like me. Do that or move to somewhere else and play with good people.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Lol well some of us do have a job and go to school and still find time to practice tech skill and there is nothin wrong with that =P. Also you make it seem like it's that easy to just move and go play with good people when in reality it's not lol =P.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Then play it casually and don't lose your time, dedicate to studying and then getting a job LOL like me. Do that or move to somewhere else and play with good people.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I spend less time playing Smash than like, 95% of the people on this board. I used to spend a lot of time playing (3 - 4 hours a day, usually) but I don't need to practice much anymore to keep up my tech skill. Plus I don't even have my gamecube with me so I only practice when I go home on breaks and stuff. And I can only get people to do friendlies with me maybe twice a month for a few hours, so my total time spent playing Smash is pretty low. I'd love to play more, but I don't need to practice tech stuff much anymore and it's impossible to get anybody to play me around here (all the Mississippi smashers scrubbed out, it seems) so I just don't play much. Honestly I spend more time on this board than I do playing Smash :ohwell:

And I actually will be moving in the semi-near future and hopefully to a better Smash location. But then again I'll be starting graduate school so I may not have time to play much even if I'm in Smash heaven. :(

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm pretty sure I spend less time playing Smash than like, 95% of the people on this board. I used to spend a lot of time playing (3 - 4 hours a day, usually) but I don't need to practice much anymore to keep up my tech skill. Plus I don't even have my gamecube with me so I only practice when I go home on breaks and stuff. And I can only get people to do friendlies with me maybe twice a month for a few hours, so my total time spent playing Smash is pretty low. I'd love to play more, but I don't need to practice tech stuff much anymore and it's impossible to get anybody to play me around here (all the Mississippi smashers scrubbed out, it seems) so I just don't play much. Honestly I spend more time on this board than I do playing Smash :ohwell:

And I actually will be moving in the semi-near future and hopefully to a better Smash location. But then again I'll be starting graduate school so I may not have time to play much even if I'm in Smash heaven. :(
Jeez, how old are you, Shai? I thought you were like nineteen or something. Graduate school already? *is puzzled*

Anyways, atleast you have NES n00b. :p You should come to Alabama sometime. :D

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Jeez, how old are you, Shai? I thought you were like nineteen or something. Graduate school already? *is puzzled*

Anyways, atleast you have NES n00b. :p You should come to Alabama sometime. :D
I'm really not close to n00b geographically, it's a 2.5 hour drive, a pretty long way to drive for friendlies with one person, no matter how awesome and cool that one person is.

And I might be down for going to Alabama (I assume you mean Huntsville--that's where everyone is, right?), but it's a 4 or 5 hour drive depending where I'm leaving from, so someone would definitely have to house me.

Now Tuscaloosa is much closer, but there aren't many Melee players there if I recall.

Also I'll be 23 in March.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I'm really not close to n00b geographically, it's a 2.5 hour drive, a pretty long way to drive for friendlies with one person, no matter how awesome and cool that one person is.

And I might be down for going to Alabama (I assume you mean Huntsville--that's where everyone is, right?), but it's a 4 or 5 hour drive depending where I'm leaving from, so someone would definitely have to house me.

Now Tuscaloosa is much closer, but there aren't many Melee players there if I recall.

Also I'll be 23 in March.
HOLY **** LOL! You look so much younger in person, I thought you were ****in 17 or 18 when I played you xD.

j00t

Smash Champion
His hair is shorter now. I know omg no wai.

Also you canada people better watch out my falcon has got some names tatooed on his knees as his black list.
Wrong thread, guy.

To actually discuss the topic, I don't entirely see this being useful. Maybe just as a surprise tactic the first couple of times.

Running into your opponent to just doubleshine -> wavedash -> w/e makes it seem like you could always do something better.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Wrong thread, guy.

To actually discuss the topic, I don't entirely see this being useful. Maybe just as a surprise tactic the first couple of times.

Running into your opponent to just doubleshine -> wavedash -> w/e makes it seem like you could always do something better.
Well the reason you do something like this is the same reason you do thunder's combo, because it's easier to land a drillshine, then wavedash jab into thunders than it is just to land a random uair (provided you have the tech skill to do thunders). With this combo, it's easier to land a doubleshine than it is to land a random usmash, provided you have the tech skill, because shine comes out faster, and the doubleshine is less punishable if you miss since you can immediately wavedash or jump out or keep multishining or whatever the situation calls for. The only problem is the tech skill required for this is significantly higher than the tech skill required for Thunders, especially since to maximize the utility of this tech, you really need to be able to doubleshine out of wavedashes and reverse wavedashes quickly enough for both shines to hit, which is rather difficult.

Still, I'm confident if people wanted to, then they would be able to master this tech. I'll work on it some over Christmas break--I'm pretty sure I will be able to master it with practice.

The tech needs a name though. Any suggestions?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it still be thunders since you're forcing the getup? I don't really think this needs a name lol =P.
The mechanics are different and it's a different stand-up animation as well. Also Thunder's only works for limited % which varies with character. For instance, it won't work on Falco past 40-something, but this tactic works at any %, even on a character like Jigglypuff, where Thunders only works for very low %.

Top Bottom