• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't understand it anymore.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Pichu's movemnt/size lets him always break through walls with a great sheild a good projectile walls are aren't that hard to break. range isn't as big of a deal as people even know because if pichu is above you or below you he can easily get around and hurt you if above he really shouldn't attack him because basically he'll nearly nearly always punish you. however I ban Ys so maybe not on packed stages like that. maybe rainbow ride. but yeah.

I feel much more limited as people like gannon,samus, luigi, ice climbers, or roy/marth than I do as pichu.

Maybe it's because I never use a move unless it's going to land as pichu unlike as other people. I don't let people punish my moves I force them to take it or be pressure and give me more control. take nairing their sheild behide we upair the s*** out of it, turn around grab or run away. I geuss vs sheik we could duck to avoid bair/nair or maybe we could nair through and sheild if they will bair super fast we can nair again and punish them.

CCing nair that is spaced is more counter productive than it is vs about anyone esle. maybe is they have a large d-smash like samus than yeah. but again pichu sees duck and 2nd back jolt or prediction.

I just don't see pichu's basic movement, nair spaced well with pressure with a few mix-ups to really be solidly beaten like roy's moveset or ice climbers vs peach.

smart nairs are one of the safest moves in the game in all truth. pichu has a solid grab game, recovery and.

pichu only has 2 flaws range and can't take hits. is there something i'm missing or no longer understanding?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu has ALL the tools needed to win othe rthan maybe when stuck on the edge but still wall jump jolt them regrab edge, up-b around and fair aren't so bad I geuss that and wl 2nd jump stuff.

pichu juust takes smarts and good spacing.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You can do what you just did with any character.

Doesn't change the fact that Pichu is really bad.
No no no no no no. I have a question how safly can kirby approach and have mix-ups? same for roy and bowser and most the cast. most people lack a move as safe as pichu's nair it's safer than bowser's up-B out of sheild you don't have a clue. most people can't even keep up with pichu or make it impossible to attack when they are above or below. if you try to attack sheik or really most of the cast from below it's easy you can't to pichu.

seriously most people don't have as many safe options. thanks for encourageing me.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
No it's simply pichu is better than kirby and is playable. other people are better like bowser but pichu is more likly to win in the long run.

soju

SD God
You can take away 80% of smashers just because they want to use a "high tier", another 18% to the smashers who like to use their favorite character which doesnt include Pichu, 2.99% of Pichu players that arent even known due to them getting destroyed in tournaments, and 100% of the people who arent Insane or Carzy :B

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
no most pichu mains are crazyish.

I don't know if pichu is better than bowser I'm pretty unsure I don't play enough good bowser to really say for sure. I only say kirby is worse because I play as kirby a fair amount and solidly researched everything I can about him from frame data to videos. kirby just isn't better. bowser may not be better but I don't know enough to debate it. I never argue unless I think I knew enough after I joined the site you can see my noobly falco posts : P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqBPIJPC9Dc

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
Dear mentally deranged crazy Pichu man,
I've taken your word for it for far too long. I'm gonna try and learn me some Pichu

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
spam nair and DD a lot. his nair is more spamable than foxs. also if you're dumb like can't trick anyone no matter what it will take a long time to be good.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i'm reading it right now its looking really good but i don't understand the way you note the degrees shouldn't it total 360 not 180? wow it feels like i'm about to go down a route of no return

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm thinking of camping pltforms how i do vs marth/roy on battlefield if he trys to hit me on the top platform i sheild up-B below him and get an up-smash, if he comes up a side i'll run away OR jolt him.. also i'm think of pichu on DL64 on a side platform if gannon full hops fair or whatever sheild it and up-b ablow him. if he shs sh jolt in case of 2nd jump. just an finished in need of more testing ideas.

for platform camping vs people with somewhat lagy air moves.

also I only say pichu has 16 different ways he can go for his up-B. plus with the 2nd jump you can can go a 2nd time any way but the same way unless(it's double upper left or right which is somewhat detailed like you have to jhold upper left/right then press B then quickly mash it that way again) you can also choose not to go twice so that's roughlt 256 options. for up-B alone but also double up(near impossible to do I doubt even SW could master it) and you could shorten you up-Bs by a foot and a half

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
i'm reading it right now its looking really good but i don't understand the way you note the degrees shouldn't it total 360 not 180? wow it feels like i'm about to go down a route of no return
Heh, yeah. Sorry.
I am a programmer and the language I use goes from 0-180, just force of habit that I wrote the guide that way.

I may fix it later, that is low priority for now though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Me and No cash are gonna do Pichu MM's. **** YEAH

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
lol, I'll just combo... and... combo... I don't know... *reads pichu thread*

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't know i'm just very patince overall. I made falcon vs marth nearly time out as falcon on Fd like what 20 sec.s till it run out of time HAHAHAHAHA. plus my brother is fairly aggeive so yeah.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
anyone who thinks pichus nair is more spamable than foxes nair should play cactuar. yes cactuar im summoning you via name search. the best pichu in the world.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I feel safer spaming pichu's nair over foxes. fox is more of a glass cannon than pichu overall evn if his nair hits harder and has a shine.pichu has spot-dodge, jabs(makes it ipossible to sheild grab for some people or some people can't rech that low) duck under gannon's grab, buffer rolls, land behide upair pressure their sheild or poivt grab. plus fox doesn't have s*** on pichu's nair jab reset game. because it's auto death if you get it. nait jab reset f-smash(inv. avoid most of the f-smash).

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Pichu's nair is more spam-able for intelligent players because of how much faster pichu is frame-wise. It gets beaten by a lot more moves than fox's nair, but smart players don't challenge moves they know will beat it...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey cactuar could you ever get a video of your pichu uploaded? Or tell us any thing we may not know? I'm always trying to tell more because pichu needs a good amount of mindgames. What would be your advice for pichu dealing with samus's CC d-smash jolts and DD grab would work and very safly spaced nairs maybe anything esle?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I still don't exactly KNOW what beats what, I just observe what I'm doing and just do risk vs reward.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
spaced nair beats sheild. not spaced nair beats spaced sheild movement beats attack and nair beats projectiles. very falco it's different really it's a bit different for every match up.

pichu's approach mix-ups

movement times whatever patterns and movement tech skill you've mastered.

running full hop B follow up and not following up or sitting there trying to make them jump or deal with it.

SHFFL nair/fair/upair mostly nair and sometimes upair vs space animals or combo bait maybe if they're under a platform you could follow up with dair or something.

up-B

d-tilt DD games to grab safer than you think.

side-B

Mix-ups to your mix-ups. SH 2nd jump backwards to jolt or up-B

full hop dair running

If they have your back turned full hop bair is amazing I swear you can bair wall people at times.
also you can grab falco's who barely dair on your backside of your sheild that's how i got like 3 grabs in a match once every grab was backwards.

useful upair info I thought it beat them early. I know it beats yoshi's 2nd jump

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I dunno, I just have a lot of experience using nair. Chu knows way more about pichu combos than me, and M2K can give you more info regarding framesafe stuff. M2K just spams nair to buffer roll. I use a lot of late hit aerials with all of my characters when approaching.

Hit them when you can hit them. lololol

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I know if you use a late nair on their sheild like the strong part hits before you land you get a frame adventage for a grab. I mean I have a solid idea of most pichu stuff I'm just always looking for more stuff.

also when it's a spacing battle I totally argee with you I make matches easily last 5-6 minutes spacing my movement and waiting for an opening when I want to nair.

Really pichu spacing movement and nair isn't easy to beat if they are smart

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My pichu is garbage. lol kurt knows.

Top Bottom