• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't think Lucario (and pichu) are going to make it. This is why..

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Who also appeared in the third gen...just 'cuz they appeared in the first gen doesn't mean they're first gen incarnations...PT is third generation...his Pokemon weren't transferred in from R/B...
I am nowhere near a Lucario-Supporter but I am an avid Pokemon Player and I have to say that Cinder is right on this part. In R/G/B, Ivysaur never learned Bullet Seed, Squirtle could never learn Waterfall, and Charizard could never learn Rock Smash. While they are First Gen Pokemon, they are Third Gen Incarnations.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, Lucario seems pretty much in, but I want to discuss an off topic question.

What about Darkrai?

On topic, Pichu should surely be scrapped for either Lucario or Darkrai, and Mewtwo shodlu be tweaked or scrapped, and Jiggs will return.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Yea your right; but what is first, mario right?

ok let's see what the playable characters are atm

Mario games:
-Mario
-Peach
-Yoshi
-Bowser
-Wario
characters that are supposed to be/wanted in the game:
-Luigi
-Waluigi

Pokemon Games:
-Ivysaur, squirtle, charizard (3)
-Pikachu
-Mewtwo
-Jigglypuff
plus anything else here : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95287

Therefore with those characters don't you think it seems to be a fair amount of pokemon characters represented in ssbb for pokemon already?
First of all, no one wants Waluigi in Brawl. Anyway, saying all of the current Pokemon reps are 1st Gen doesn't mean there can't be others. Secondly, how does a character being popular hurt his chances in Brawl? Lastly, Lucario has so much potential for a moveset it ain't funny. Not having him in Brawl is a crime.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea your right; but what is first, mario right?

ok let's see what the playable characters are atm

Mario games:
-Mario
-Peach
-Yoshi
-Bowser
-Wario
-Luigi
-Waluigi

Pokemon Games:
-Ivysaur, squirtle, charizard (3)
-Pikachu
-Mewtwo
-Jigglypuff
plus anything else here : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95287

Therefore with those characters don't you think it seems to be a fair amount of pokemon characters represented in ssbb for pokemon already?
No one wants Waluigi and it's missing the obvious Geno

NukeA6

Smash Master
Uh-huh, there won't be no Tingle, Vaati, or Sheik because Sakurai is only putting in characters that were in Twilight Princess.
/sarcasm

Black/Light

Smash Master
I am nowhere near a Lucario-Supporter but I am an avid Pokemon Player and I have to say that Cinder is right on this part. In R/G/B, Ivysaur never learned Bullet Seed, Squirtle could never learn Waterfall, and Charizard could never learn Rock Smash. While they are First Gen Pokemon, they are Third Gen Incarnations.
They are only using 3rd gen moves:ohwell:
I don't think that they are "3rd gen incarnations" of anything. . . .just FireRed/ Leaf Green/ RBG starters.

Uh-huh, there won't be no Tingle, Vaati, or Sheik because Sakurai is only putting in characters that were in Twilight Princess.
/sarcasm
You could actually be right. . . And there was a Tingle cameo in TP from what I remember.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
They are only using 3rd gen moves:ohwell:
I don't think that they are "3rd gen incarnations" of anything. . . .just FireRed/ Leaf Green/ RBG starters.
Hence Making them Third Gen Incarnations.
Incarnation does mean "a new form of an old idea."
Old Form = Ivysaur
New Form = Ivysaur with Third Gen Moves

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hence Making them Third Gen Incarnations.
Incarnation does mean "a new form of an old idea."
Old Form = Ivysaur
New Form = Ivysaur with Third Gen Moves
And I still don't see the importance of this.

They are, much like Red, taken from the latest remake of the RBG games (FR/LG). In this remake they do have these attacks. . . .they are simply using attacks from this remake.

But if either one of you are claiming they "rep" the 3rd gen because of them having on attack each from said game than I guess the thought that gen needs to be "repped" by newer pokemon flies out the window.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
First of all I'm going to say I am one of those people that hate the idea of lucario being in brawl. I just want to make that clear.

I don't think Lucario is going to make it at all. From my experience, every pokemon thats been in the ssb series have been pokemon that appear in red/blue (except pichu, I will talk about him in a second). There is pikachu, jigglypuff, mewtwo, and now the pokemon trainer with squirtle, ivysaur, and charizard (all red/blue pokemon). Sure, there is pichu in ssbm, but he's a clone, and I'm highly sure pichu won't make it, mainly since one of pikachu's costumes is the blue goggles on his head (one of pichu's costumes). Another reason why I think pichu won't be making it is because he is a clone that not only has the same attacks as pickachu, but also is the same, electrice type pokemon, as pikachu. Therefore that excludes pichu.

(Yes I have realised I drifted off topic with lucario)

With lucario, it's the same scenario about him not being a red/blue pokemon. He's a new one made for the ds. I personally don't see why he's so popular, compared to any other pokemon. He's a fighting type (I believe; I haven't played the ds game nor do I plan to) that would make a good addition, but there are other characters in brawl that could easily be a fighter. If anything, since he's so popular, he should be a pokeball. I personally hate the idea of adding such a new pokemon onto ssbb as a playable character. Not to mention what his alternate colours would be, lol :p.

Anyways that's my explanation why I believe pichu, nor lucario, will make it.

(Btw I am aware that it's going to be a "Me against everyone else that posts" sort of argument here, so I'm ready. Reinforcements would be nice :])

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
Wow... It's only unbelievable how so many people rejects the idea of Lucario, for stupidest reasons. Many of them is only because they it's unfair that Pokemon will get more reps than others, which is true but it's a selfish thought really.
I like Lucario, but that's not the reason I want him in. The reason I think he should be in, is because out of all the Pokemons is the most "deserving" one that should be in Brawl.
1. He's a fighting type PKMN, and has a human-like figure.
2. Has lots of Fighting Based moves

3. He's Popular (I don't really like to add that, but how do you think Jigglypuff got before)

I am not saying you need these requirements to be a playable Pokemon, but I'm just saying it would make more sense seeing him playable than someone like Mudkip (I love Mudkip just so you know).
And PT has 3 playable Pokemon, true. But he only represents 1 rep for Pokemon. PT represents the very first starters in Pokemon, so that's why it was done that way. Therefore, PT and Pikachu represents 2 reps, not 4.
Not to be rude, but...

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/fighting.shtml

A fighting Pokemon with fighting type attacks and a human shape is not really ground breaking.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Obviously Pokeballs are new pokemon. That clearly means that there is no reason not to include a
pokemon that fans what.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Not to be rude, but...

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/fighting.shtml

A fighting Pokemon with fighting type attacks and a human shape is not really ground breaking.
Yea, true, but this is a fighting game. Well, I guess it doesn't really matter, because the Pokemons we got before weren't really fighting type. But still I'm just saying that putting Lucario would be the smartest thing to do. The only other Pokemon I could see getting in before would be maybe Blaziken. Other than that, there's no one.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I personally think that Lucario just isn't really 'classic' enough. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo are self-explanatory, and anyone who's played a Pokemon game can relate to the Trainer. But Lucario is just too new of a Pokemon to be a classic playable character. At best, he'll be in a Pokeball, becaause that's where most new pokemon end up anyway.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
And now, I shall hijack the topic to suggest a PokeBall idea.
Wailord-Floats under the stage, then sprays a powerful column of water directly upwards. Anyone below it is instantly blasted up and loses a life.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Try "Maybe" Lucario is so popular now that i wouldn't be suprised if sakurai axes mewtwo or jiggs just for him...It's also overpopulation that rules against him because PT is already the time to build for 3 pokemon , Lucario is still pretty likely :).
Anyhow as to pichu...Number 1 most requested (Aka least requested.) To return , And the fact that sakurai doesen't have any care for him and there are others like jiggs and lucario >_>..Anyhow i don't now why but i want mewtwo axed for lucario so much , Anyhow on topic ermm good post >_>.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Squirtle has Withdraw. Ivysaur has Vine Whip. Charizard has Flamethrower and Rock Smash.
I mean't " they are just using a few 3rd gen attacks. . . .whats the big deal".

Actuallly, it is...it has a lot of merchandise (plushes, t-shirts, etc.) in Japan...
If having alot of merch means anything than P&M gets my vote. . . .they have WAY more pokey crap than I have seen for Lucario or any non-Pika pokemon in Japan.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I personally think that Lucario just isn't really 'classic' enough. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo are self-explanatory, and anyone who's played a Pokemon game can relate to the Trainer. But Lucario is just too new of a Pokemon to be a classic playable character. At best, he'll be in a Pokeball, becaause that's where most new pokemon end up anyway.
I see your point, but like other people said before, if that was the case then they wouldn't have put people like Ike or Lucas who represents newer people from their series. So, I think it's kinda fiar to reject a character just because of that reason.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Lucario=Major Pokeball Pokemon.
It's better as some sort of item, but if he was characterized perhaps Sakurai has finally went off the rocker.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It makes no sense to not have a 3rd gen fighter AND a 4th gen fighter in Brawl. Lucario would work great as a fighter.

However, the 3rd generation is quite limited in terms of the best Pokemon to be playable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just BECAUSE there are so many first generation Pokémon, you'd think that it would be best to add a newer generation Poke wouldn't you? However, if Lucario is the one to go... I doubt it, and I'm personally against it. Only first generation playable characters is fine with me. Other mayor Pokémon could easly be translated in the wonderful item Pokéball. ;)

MysticKenji

Smash Master
This is bad reasoning because of Ike and Lucas.
Also, Pichu is 'classic' to you?

Lucario=Major Pokeball Pokemon.
It's better as some sort of item, but if he was characterized perhaps Sakurai has finally went off the rocker.
??? Elaborate.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I personally didn't think that this thread would continue lol :)

No one wants Waluigi and it's missing the obvious Geno
Yes I did see the post above commenting the same thing. I just wanted to answer to this one because I wanted to say I have no clue who geno is (I thought he was from motherbound, or whatever the game is called :p). Anyways I have seen threads about Waluigi. Here's his "official" thread.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72359

Also I've seen a thread about Who will more likely maie it, ashley or waluigi.

Thanks for the free bump.

Lol yea I've posted that on the first post (in different words of course). Thanks for getting it to peoples attention though ^ ^

And now, I shall hijack the topic to suggest a PokeBall idea.
Wailord-Floats under the stage, then sprays a powerful column of water directly upwards. Anyone below it is instantly blasted up and loses a life.
Nice Idea, wrong thread :D

Edit: Now for my funny side.

69th post ;]

Kortu

Smash Rookie
Down Playdough Road, Over Playdough Hill (There's
If none besides 1st Gens were supposed to be in, why was Pichu ever in in the first place when they just as well could've made Raichu the Pikachu clone if they wanted all Red/Blue characters?

OMG LUIGI, PEACH, AND BOWSER SHOULDN'T BE IN SSB GAMES BECAUSE THE FIRST MARIO GAME WAS 'DONKEY KONG'. SO DIDDY KONG SHOULDN'T BE IN EITHER. AND MARIO'S NAME SHOULD BE CHANGED TO 'JUMPMAN'![/topic starter]

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If none besides 1st Gens were supposed to be in, why was Pichu ever in in the first place when they just as well could've made Raichu the Pikachu clone if they wanted all Red/Blue characters?

OMG LUIGI, PEACH, AND BOWSER SHOULDN'T BE IN SSB GAMES BECAUSE THE FIRST MARIO GAME WAS 'DONKEY KONG'. SO DIDDY KONG SHOULDN'T BE IN EITHER. AND MARIO'S NAME SHOULD BE CHANGED TO 'JUMPMAN'![/topic starter]
I already posted on pichu in the first post. Nice sarcasm (I think), has nothing to do with the thread though.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
This argument doesn't make any sense...a character won't make it into this game because he got popular too quickly? That argument doesn't have any merit.

If anything, the reason why Lucario won't make it into this game is because Sakurai decided he already has too many Pokemon reps as playable characters, or that Lucario wouldn't make for an interesting fighting in brawl/he can't make him an interesting fighter for brawl.

Now, I don't care if Lucario makes it or not. As long as he's an interesting character to fight as. Your arguments for Pichu definitely has merit, but I'd need to see some more conclusive evidence for why Lucario can't make it to make this a winning thread.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
This argument doesn't make any sense...a character won't make it into this game because he got popular too quickly? That argument doesn't have any merit.

If anything, the reason why Lucario won't make it into this game is because Sakurai decided he already has too many Pokemon reps as playable characters, or that Lucario wouldn't make for an interesting fighting in brawl/he can't make him an interesting fighter for brawl.

Now, I don't care if Lucario makes it or not. As long as he's an interesting character to fight as. Your arguments for Pichu definitely has merit, but I'd need to see some more conclusive evidence for why Lucario can't make it to make this a winning thread.
I've already stated about the pokemon (and mario) reps on page 2.

It's not because he's popular that I don't want him in. It's because he became too popular too quickly. I (and others have) also stated that he's a fighting type pokemon, so he would be "perfect" to become playable, but we all stated that there are tons of other fighter types of pokemon there already. I also stated that lucario would be perfectly fine as a pokeball pokemon, where it's win-win (although some disagreed) since he's still in the game but not playable.

You could have read other people say the exact same things you stated on the thread if you decided to read the whole thing.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
heard inside nintendo

"Let's put in Lucario"

"No, he's too popular"

"K"

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Why do people just make threads just to bash the supporters? Or go in the supporters thread just to bash them?

Am I the only one that finds this really, really sad..?

I support Lucario for Brawl. And he has really high chances of being playable. Deny it all you want, whatever helps you sleep at night.

I don't understand why this thread is still open though.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Ehhh...what I mean by Pikachu/Jiggly/Mewtwo being classic is, when Pokemon was the big huge new thing (RBY era), lots of people got into it. Even if they aren't now, people will still recognize Pikachu, Jiggly, Mewtwo, Charizard and friends. Everybody knows them. But they might look at Lucario and say "what is that thing?" Lucario just hasn't been really established yet.

As for Lucas and Ike, I personally hadn't even heard of their respective franchises until I saw them in SSB. So I wouldn't have been able to distinguish from old and new representatives anyway. Anywho, that's just me though.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Why do people just make threads just to bash the supporters? Or go in the supporters thread just to bash them?

Am I the only one that finds this really, really sad..?

I support Lucario for Brawl. And he has really high chances of being playable. Deny it all you want, whatever helps you sleep at night.

I don't understand why this thread is still open though.
Why don't you read the thread before posting that. It's already been said. People also say "I actually support lucario" and don't explain their reasons, therefore I can't take them seriously. I posted my reasons why I don't think he should make it. Why don't you post why you think he will?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Why don't you read the thread before posting that. It's already been said. People also say "I actually support lucario" and don't explain their reasons, therefore I can't take them seriously. I posted my reasons why I don't think he should make it. Why don't you post why you think he will?
He's the only likely representation for a 4th Gen rep.
He's deliberately being made popular by GameFreak.
He's the only Non-Legendary to have his own movie.
He'd fit perfectly into Brawl.
He's popular.

And "I don't play Pokemans! Lolz!" isn't really a good reason to why you think he wont make it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
He's the only likely representation for a 4th Gen rep.
He's deliberately being made popular by GameFreak.
He's the only Non-Legendary to have his own movie.
He'd fit perfectly into Brawl.
He's popular.

And "I don't play Pokemans! Lolz!" isn't really a good reason to why you think he wont make it.
-So what if he's a rep for the 4th generation of pokemon. SSBB is representing pokemon in general, not each series of pokemon
-What the hell is gamefreak
-Errm pikachu, pichu, plusle and minun?
-So would any other fighting type pokemon
-Yea so what, in the next gen of pokemon there will be someone else who's popular and lucario won't be popular anymore.

And WHAT THE HELL, I never said I don't play pokemon. I said I didn't play the ds version you ******. Next time you quote someone, QUOTE THEM PROPERLY.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
-So what if he's a rep for the 4th generation of pokemon. SSBB is representing pokemon in general, not each series of pokemon
-What the hell is gamefreak
-Errm pikachu, pichu, plusle and minun?
-So would any other fighting type pokemon
-Yea so what, in the next gen of pokemon there will be someone else who's popular and lucario won't be popular anymore.

And WHAT THE HELL, I never said I don't play pokemon. I said I didn't play the ds version you ******. Next time you quote someone, QUOTE THEM PROPERLY.
-That just backs up my argument even more.
-Are you being sarcastic?
-Nope. None of them have their own movie, and Pikachu is already in.
-He's Fighting/Steel, and I highly doubt Medicham or Hitmonlee will get in over Lucario.
-Like Jigglypuff..?

EDIT:

You play Pokemon and you don't know what GameFreak is..?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm not following you, Your Hero. Lucario wise.

Melee was made like, what, 8 years ago? Right now, Lucario is insanely popular. I could care less about Pichu. I will forever be mad at that stupid rat for taking Raichu's spot in Melee. Dumb rat!

Lucario even had his own movie too, so that separates him from the rest of the 500 and something so-so pokemon. I'ts a longshot indeed for Lucario to make it into Brawl, but I have his support as a playable all the way.

Edit: And Game Freak, You Hero, is the organization that makes pokemon games.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
-That just backs up my argument even more.
-Are you being sarcastic?
-Nope. None of them have their own movie, and Pikachu is already in.
-He's Fighting/Steel, and I highly doubt Medicham or Hitmonlee will get in over Lucario.
-Like Jigglypuff..?

EDIT:

You play Pokemon and you don't know what GameFreak is..?
It's great that your a pokemon fan and all, but come on. It's rediculous to have more and more pokemon representatives for each ssb game. The basic ones we have now are enough. Why do you care so much if lucario is in. I don't mind if he's in, just not as a PC (but as a Pokeball instead). I know I'm not going to win this fight against you because you know way more about pokemon than I do, but it doesn't mean I've changed my mind about lucario. All you needed to do was post what you thought about it, and left. Not try to make yourself seem smart by bashing me.

Top Bottom