• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't think Lucario (and pichu) are going to make it. This is why..

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I'm not following you, Your Hero. Lucario wise.

Melee was made like, what, 8 years ago? Right now, Lucario is insanely popular. I could care less about Pichu. I will forever be mad at that stupid rat for taking Raichu's spot in Melee. Dumb rat!

Lucario even had his own movie too, so that separates him from the rest of the 500 and something so-so pokemon. I'ts a longshot indeed for Lucario to make it into Brawl, but I have his support as a playable all the way.

Edit: And Game Freak, You Hero, is the organization that makes pokemon games.
Lol he may be popular to you, but not to me. Say what you'd like, sure he's had his own movie, but I've never even seen it let alone heard about it until I made this thread. I never even knew lucario existed until I joined this forum site. I just found it a tad rediculous how much people want him so much in brawl as a playable character. Like I've said countless times. Wouldn't he being a pokeball be enough?

Black/Light

Smash Master
He's the only likely representation for a 4th Gen rep. (How so? Lets back this up please. And are you assuming that 4th gen gets PC character "reps"?)
He's deliberately being made popular by GameFreak. (How?)
He's the only Non-Legendary to have his own movie. (He co-starred in that movie with Mew. . . according to GF atleast)
He'd fit perfectly into Brawl. (. . . Thats not a reason. 100s of pokemon fit smash)
He's popular. (Depinds on how popular you call "popular". Popular on a hand full of smash forums? Sure. . . but no where near as popular as Meowth actualy is :ohwell:)
And "I don't play Pokemans! Lolz!" isn't really a good reason to why you think he wont make it. (He simply think Lucario aint going to make it. Whats the big deal? You your self are using VERY shakey reasons for thinking he WILL be in)
. . . . Interesting.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Lol he may be popular to you, but not to me. Say what you'd like, sure he's had his own movie, but I've never even seen it let alone heard about it until I made this thread. I never even knew lucario existed until I joined this forum site. I just found it a tad rediculous how much people want him so much in brawl as a playable character. Like I've said countless times. Wouldn't he being a pokeball be enough?

Anyways like I said, brb in 20mins
Ok ok ok, you're entitled to your own opinion bro, but still he's like the 4th generation of Mewtwo, only he uses the power of aura and mystic power. This is exactly what Brawl needs! A non cute pokemon that can send Brawl combatants on a one way trip to the emergency room!

Oh and it's called "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew." You should watch it on youtube.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
5 Reps for the second biggest Nintendo Franchise isn't really that much. If we're assuming that Pichu isn't in.

And the reason why I stayed to counter you arguments was because the haters all come rushing to these kind of threads to get off on them. Then they come and deliberately try to get in peoples faces by posting the same old arguments over and over again. I wont be surprised if someone says "Whut! Pokemans isn't the second biggest Nintendo franchise!! Lolz!" or "Pokemans Trainer is 3 Pokemans! Lolz!". A little research and they'll realise they're wrong. I just stand up for Lucario and make sure the haters know that their opinions aren't fact.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Ok ok ok, you're entitled to your own opinion bro, but still he's like the 4th generation of Mewtwo, only he uses the power of aura and mystic power. This is exactly what Brawl needs! A non cute pokemon that can send Brawl combatants on a one way trip to the emergency room!

Oh and it's called "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew." You should watch it on youtube.
Lol a one way trip to the emergency room could be all or almost all of the ssbb characters atm :)
Nty on watching the movie, I'll take a pass.
And I remembered what game freak is from the pokemon red intro thing (that wierd curve thing with the three sparkles lol). I remembered when I was taking a shower S:

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Black/Light, do some research, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You clearly have not seen the movie, if you have, then you really should know that that argument holds no merit whatsoever, as Mew Co-Starred with him, not vice-versa like you seem to think.

GameFreak is deliberately making him popular. I could point out the fact that there is only one of him in the games, and he has his own movie, and he was one of the first 4th Gen Pokemon revealed, the champion uses him, he has loads of merchandise. Denying that GameFreak is deliberately making him popular is like saying Oxygen doesn't exist because we can't see it.

And can you think of any other good Pokemon reps? What? *Insert random Pokemon here*? Well, you actually think they have as much chance as Lucario? Laughable.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
5 Reps for the second biggest Nintendo Franchise isn't really that much. If we're assuming that Pichu isn't in.

And the reason why I stayed to counter you arguments was because the haters all come rushing to these kind of threads to get off on them. Then they come and deliberately try to get in peoples faces by posting the same old arguments over and over again. I wont be surprised if someone says "Whut! Pokemans isn't the second biggest Nintendo franchise!! Lolz!" or "Pokemans Trainer is 3 Pokemans! Lolz!". A little research and they'll realise they're wrong. I just stand up for Lucario and make sure the haters know that their opinions aren't fact.

And it's 2:25am. I'm off to bed. Goodnight all.
Lol, you think I only go on the forums just for lucario. I'm not a loser bud. It's something I wanted to state. I'm on other threads too that don't involve "pokemans". Also if you think we post the same arguments all the time, you lucario lovers always have the same reasons for why he should join as well, so don't bother with saying that crud. Also I'm surprised you stayed up until 2:25 just to bash me. Impressive.

Also btw, theres 5 reps for the biggest franchise in nintendo (mario) If you include Wario, who actually is representing warioware.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Lol he may be popular to you, but not to me. Say what you'd like, sure he's had his own movie, but I've never even seen it let alone heard about it until I made this thread. I never even knew lucario existed until I joined this forum site.
Your pretty much saying he cant be in brawl because because YOU dont know about him, and it doesnt matter how popular he is seeing as Sakurai is making the game just for YOU.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Black/Light, do some research, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You clearly have not seen the movie, if you have, then you really should know that that argument holds no merit whatsoever, as Mew Co-Starred with him, not vice-versa like you seem to think.

GameFreak is deliberately making him popular. I could point out the fact that there is only one of him in the games, and he has his own movie, and he was one of the first 4th Gen Pokemon revealed, the champion uses him, he has loads of merchandise. Denying that GameFreak is deliberately making him popular is like saying Oxygen doesn't exist because we can't see it.

And can you think of any other good Pokemon reps? What? *Insert random Pokemon here*? Well, you actually think they have as much chance as Lucario? Laughable.
Erm, how about mewtwo being a better rep for pokemon. He's been there longer, more people know him and he's already been in ssbm.

Personally, I think we have enough pokemon reps in super smash bros. Anyways have a good rest.

Thank you black/light for helping me out.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Your pretty much saying he cant be in brawl because because YOU dont know about him, and it doesnt matter how popular he is seeing as Sakurai is making the game just for YOU.
No, I'm saying he can't be in brawl because of what I've said through this forum. Not just because of a post you happened to find on the last page.

Black/Light

Smash Master
5 Reps for the second biggest Nintendo Franchise isn't really that much.

I just stand up for Lucario and make sure the haters know that their opinions aren't fact.
BOTH sides (here atleast) use alot of opinion. . . .every thing you listed as to why he should be in was OPINION. Nothing gets resolved in a fight using opinions.

And for all we know MARIO might only get 5 characters. Theres no rule or anything saying that the top 3 series HAVE to get more and more characters (again, in SSB4 are we to expect 8-10 Mario characters no-matter how unimportant half are like Daisy or that Petey Plant thing?).
Pika/ Jpuff/ Mewtwo and PT with MAYBE one more. . . . anyone not happy with that needs to add themselve to the list of people who want Pokamon to have a Smash like fighting console game.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Erm, how about mewtwo being a better rep for pokemon. He's been there longer, more people know him and he's already been in ssbm.

Personally, I think we have enough pokemon reps in super smash bros. Anyways have a good rest.
Cough

Read my previous post about 5 Reps not being that much for the second biggest Nintendo Franchise.

Cough

And I'm just waiting for Black/Lights response, just to see if it's good enough to stay up for.

EDIT:

Pika, Jiggs, Mewtwo, PT and another rep, which would most likely be Lucario, is exactly what I've been saying from the start. That's only 1 more rep than Melee.

And now I really am off to bed, as it's Ten to Three. I no longer care about this, as it sometimes feels like I'm banging my head off a wall whilst repeatedly shouting at a brain dead sea monkey to jump.

Goodnight all. Enjoy your night.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Edit: @pluvia: check post 87 or 88 (one of those) on page 6. I did answer your 5 rep thing.

Cough

Ok

We bash you because you don't know how to search.

Even a cursory search for "Anti-lucario" turns up These Two threads, which you could have posted in.
You should befriend kirby_knight, or knight_kirby. He's already brought up the issue, thanks for reading my thread ^ ^ [/sarcasm]

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think we have enough pokemon reps in super smash bros.
Thats hardly a reason to actively oppose a characters inclusion, let alone go out of your way and make a thread about it and constantly discuss it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Thats hardly a reason to actively oppose a characters inclusion, let alone go out of your way and make a thread about it and constantly discuss it.
-two characters, not one. People just agree with me about pichu.
-What are you quoting exactly?
-I discuss it because people are discussing it. Note how the only times I bump my thread is when i reply to people. If no one spoke about it anymore I would leave it alone.

Thank you flyinfilipino. vvv

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
He's the only likely representation for a 4th Gen rep.
He's deliberately being made popular by GameFreak.
He's the only Non-Legendary to have his own movie.
He'd fit perfectly into Brawl.
He's popular.

And "I don't play Pokemans! Lolz!" isn't really a good reason to why you think he wont make it.
-Well, no one ever said there had to be a 4th gen rep in the first place.
-Certain Pokemon get made more popular deliberately in every generation.
-The movies have nothing to do with Brawl, same with the anime. Jigglypuff never had its own movie did it?
-Not a good point.
-So are lots of Pokemon.

^my opinions on your opinions

Err, this little argument won't really get anywhere anyway, as everyone's too opinionated. oh wells.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Co-star could mean "two people/ characters get/ share = billing in a work or act" which is what I refer to them both as. Yeah, saw the movie 3 times. . . .GF list them both as co-starring characters, not Lucario-star/ Mew-co-star.

GameFreak is deliberately making him popular. I could point out the fact that there is only one of him in the games, (. . .Add? LOTS of one of pokemon in the games ) and he has his own movie, (Yea, a filler movie where he co-stared with Mew well 3 legendary pokemon attacked them) and he was one of the first 4th Gen Pokemon revealed, (Munchlex was THE first and also has alot more anime importance if anime is areason) the champion uses him, (She also uses Spiritum (sp). . .so what?) he has loads of merchandise. (Probly the result of that filler movie. . .I say filler movie cause the movie maker doesn't concerner it a 4th gen movie. And show me a crap load of Lucario merch. . .lets see if I can find more P&M stuff) Denying that GameFreak is deliberately making him popular is like saying Oxygen doesn't exist because we can't see it. (. . . No, it's not. Yea, the thing is a promotional pokemon. . .. thats it. He will not be a staple advertizement character (we doesn't even get top billing in the US advertizements) nor will he be relavent when the 5th gen comes. There lots of promotional pokemon. . . and theres lots of ball room for them)
Again, using your opinion based on a list of trival pokemon appearances by this pokemon. IMO Lucario is only slightly less of random pokemon to 4th gen pokemon like Gallade and Elect-evol.
2 things to remember when debating. . .
Opinions get us no where in debate and assumptions only make a a** out of me and you.

Funny lil phases ftw.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion

I've clearly seen the movie, and Mew was just as much of a main character as Lucario. Japan thinks so too, that's why they grouped Lucario and Mew together when it came to that favourite main movie character contest.

Only one of him in the games.....and the champion owning him means nothing. You can only get one Beldum from Steven after you beat him, he owns a Metagross, one of the main characters in the Deoxys movie owned a powerful Metagross and this character made a cameo in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Does this mean Metagross should be a playable character? He is popular too.

I also like how you ignore Pokemon who appear on more merchandise than Lucario such as Buneary, Pachirisu, Aipom, Cherrim, Manaphy etc.

Why not consider Darkrai as well? It was the main character of the most recent movie in Japan, with Dialga and Palkia taking second base to him.

In all honesty, Lucario has to be the most overrated Brawl character I've ever seen on this forum.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Because Pokemon is repped by a series and not by generations, if it were repped by generations then FE would be too meaning there would be a rep for the Akenia, Magvel, Elibe, Tellius, Jugdral and FE2 I forget where it was.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I've clearly seen the movie, and Mew was just as much of a main character as Lucario. Japan thinks so too, that's why they grouped Lucario and Mew together when it came to that favourite main movie character contest.

Only one of him in the games.....and the champion owning him means nothing. You can only get one Beldum from Steven after you beat him, he owns a Metagross, one of the main characters in the Deoxys movie owned a powerful Metagross and this character made a cameo in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Does this mean Metagross should be a playable character? He is popular too.

I also like how you ignore Pokemon who appear on more merchandise than Lucario such as Buneary, Pachirisu, Aipom, Cherrim, Manaphy etc.

Why not consider Darkrai as well? It was the main character of the most recent movie in Japan, with Dialga and Palkia taking second base to him.

In all honesty, Lucario has to be the most overrated Brawl character I've ever seen on this forum.
Congratulations!
YOU ARE WINNER!

:034:

Smash Hero

Yukiwarashi = truth.

Forever.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

In the movie, Mew doesn't actually appear that much. No where near as much as Lucario, the whole story revolves around Lucario, Mew is only the Macguffin.

The Champion using him was only one of my references to his popularity. I have never seen Metagross and the Mystery of Mew..

Do you really believe Buneary, Pachirisu, Aipom, Cherrim or Manaphy stand as much chance as Lucario..?

Darkrai is also popular, but a Legendary starring in a Movie revolving around them doesn't really make them unique, there have been 9 already. Deny it all you want, but even Darkrai doesn't stand as much chance as Lucario does.

And for that last sentence, replace Lucario with any other Nintendo Character you can think of. It makes no difference, it's just opinion.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
When a forum is split on something like this it's kind of annoying. You have the people who are all for Lucario. Then you have the People who are against him at all costs. Only other character I've noticed with this much debate is Geno, maybe Midna.

I don't see the point in making seven topics about this and constantly bickering back and forth. This isn't going to convince Sakurai and the development team to suddenly put him in or take him out.

We really just have to wait for that fateful update when Lucario is confirmed as Playable or Pokéball'd. When and if that day comes then thats that. No more of this "There are 2 many pokeman in tha game already!!" "Lucario should be in it b/c he is a fighting type and awesome and popular!". I'm really getting tired of it.

I really wish that tomorrow's update was Lucario announced as playable. But of course then we'd have more topics where the Lucario fans would be saying " I told you so" and the Anti-Lucario fans would now be against Mewtwo and Jigglypuff coming back. When it comes down to it most anti-Pokémon people on this board are those who no longer play the series or find it "Childish". Notice how I said most. Not all of you. just most.

I don't see the problem with 5 playable Pokémon characters. I really don't. To use any lame excuse such as PT counts as three or "there are enough Pokemon already" really to me is annoying. Imagine if I said the same about your favorite nintendo series.

I just have to say I am for Lucario for one reason. I like him. Not because he is a fighting type, not because he has a movie. Nope. Because I like him. This isn't reason enough at all for why he will be in it. But I don't really care.

Lucario for Brawl.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
When a forum is split on something like this it's kind of annoying. You have the people who are all for Lucario. Then you have the People who are against him at all costs. Only other character I've noticed with this much debate is Geno, maybe Midna.

I don't see the point in making seven topics about this and constantly bickering back and forth. This isn't going to convince Sakurai and the development team to suddenly put him in or take him out.

We really just have to wait for that fateful update when Lucario is confirmed as Playable or Pokéball'd. When and if that day comes then thats that. No more of this "There are 2 many pokeman in tha game already!!" "Lucario should be in it b/c he is a fighting type and awesome and popular!". I'm really getting tired of it.

I really wish that tomorrow's update was Lucario announced as playable. But of course then we'd have more topics where the Lucario fans would be saying " I told you so" and the Anti-Lucario fans would now be against Mewtwo and Jigglypuff coming back. When it comes down to it most anti-Pokémon people on this board are those who no longer play the series or find it "Childish". Notice how I said most. Not all of you. just most.

I don't see the problem with 5 playable Pokémon characters. I really don't. To use any lame excuse such as PT counts as three or "there are enough Pokemon already" really to me is annoying. Imagine if I said the same about your favorite nintendo series.

I just have to say I am for Lucario for one reason. I like him. Not because he is a fighting type, not because he has a movie. Nope. Because I like him. This isn't reason enough at all for why he will be in it. But I don't really care.

Lucario for Brawl.
Lol thanks for your opinion. By the way I'm not anti-pokemon, I'm mainly just annoyed that there's too much of it for ssb. I'm only bashing one (pichu is mainly being spoken about because of pikachu having one of pichu's costumes) and that is lucario. Technically no one in this forum is anti-pokemon. If they were, they'd ask to ban the pokeballs and PT and pikachu, etc..

We already have 5 playable pokemon characters, since I've been seeing a thread that has a good reason why jigglypuff is coming back. Also if you like lucario that's completely fine with me, just make him a pokeball (like, yet again, I've said tons of times)

Cinder

Smash Master

Lucario for Brawl.
*sniff* I couldn't have said it better myself...

I just want to ask people on both sides: why do you have to argue? I may be overidealist, but I think we should acknowledge that we all have out opinions, and should stop tormenting each other over them...and Ty's right, it's annoying...especially when people try to use lackluster arguments, and assume they're gonna make or break Lucario (or any character for that matter)...

I am supporting Lucario because, like Ty, I just plain like it...it is a cool Pokemon (in my OPINION), and it would fit into Brawl (in my OPINION)...I'm not a very logical person...I tend to follow my heart, not my logic, so I can't give a logical reason to put Lucario in..but other people have presented their arguments anyway, so why bother?

My final words: I support Lucario as a PC, but I am prepared for the worst...I do hope, however, that Lucario is given the honor of a Brawl spot, and I feel it deserves it...for those of you who disagree with me, I don't want your support, I just want to know that I won't get flamed for what I believe in...and besides, it's not like I'm supporting Kinnikuman or some no-chancer like that:p...

EDIT: darn...shoulda known someone would post while I was typing my essay post...

@Your Hero: I will admit, if and ONLY IF Lucario is not a PC, I will accept it as a Pokeball...but it better do something worthwhile...

And I think by anti-Pokemon, he meant Anti-PC Pokemon...as in, all Pokemon should be balled except for Pika, PT, Jiggs, and M2...

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
*sniff* I couldn't have said it better myself...

I just want to ask people on both sides: why do you have to argue? I may be overidealist, but I think we should acknowledge that we all have out opinions, and should stop tormenting each other over them...and Ty's right, it's annoying...especially when people try to use lackluster arguments, and assume they're gonna make or break Lucario (or any character for that matter)...

I am supporting Lucario because, like Ty, I just plain like it...it is a cool Pokemon (in my OPINION), and it would fit into Brawl (in my OPINION)...I'm not a very logical person...I tend to follow my heart, not my logic, so I can't give a logical reason to put Lucario in..but other people have presented their arguments anyway, so why bother?

My final words: I support Lucario as a PC, but I am prepared for the worst...I do hope, however, that Lucario is given the honor of a Brawl spot, and I feel it deserves it...for those of you who disagree with me, I don't want your support, I just want to know that I won't get flamed for what I believe in...and besides, it's not like I'm supporting Kinnikuman or some no-chancer like that:p...

EDIT: darn...shoulda known someone would post while I was typing my essay post...

@Your Hero: I will admit, if and ONLY IF Lucario is not a PC, I will accept it as a Pokeball...but it better do something worthwhile...

And I think by anti-Pokemon, he meant Anti-PC Pokemon...as in, all Pokemon should be balled except for Pika, PT, Jiggs, and M2...
I have to argue because I don't like the idea. I'm sorry, but it's in lucario's favour atm, and I want to fight against it, mainly because I don't like lucario as a PC pokemon. I do realise that people have their own opinions, but you have to respect that i have my opinions too. I personally never read any other arguments about lucario; I basically made them up on my own, although other people have said it before me. I also haven't seen any "I don't support lucario" type threads on here either, so that's why i posted this.

For your second paragraph, I can say the exact opposite and it would be equal worth to what you said. I don't like lucario, just because I don't.

I personally don't see how lucario deserves a brawl spot. Either way it will either be win-lose, so I am also prepared for the worst (which in your case is the best). Anyways I don't hate lucario at all in the fact that he should be shunned from SSBB, Just don't give him such an honourable role, that's it.

Also I did know what he meant by anti-pokemon, I just meant to state that he should be more accurate in what he says.

Cinder

Smash Master
I have to argue because I don't like the idea. I'm sorry, but it's in lucario's favour atm, and I want to fight against it, mainly because I don't like lucario as a PC pokemon. I do realise that people have their own opinions, but you have to respect that i have my opinions too. I personally never read any other arguments about lucario; I basically made them up on my own, although other people have said it before me. I also haven't seen any "I don't support lucario" type threads on here either, so that's why i posted this.

For your second paragraph, I can say the exact opposite and it would be equal worth to what you said. I don't like lucario, just because I don't.

I personally don't see how lucario deserves a brawl spot. Either way it will either be win-lose, so I am also prepared for the worst (which in your case is the best). Anyways I don't hate lucario at all in the fact that he should be shunned from SSBB, Just don't give him such an honourable role, that's it.

Also I did know what he meant by anti-pokemon, I just meant to state that he should be more accurate in what he says.
You know, it's great that we're getting all of this out...I think we can finally acknowledge each other's opinions...cuz I am more than willing to accept the fact that not everyone likes Lucario...but what does piss me off is people that just come in and say "I hate Lucario he sux"...you, on the other hand, presented backing to your opinion, and I respect that...

And btw...there were a couple anti-Lucario threads...I know at least one is open, it just hasn't been posted in in a while...and, even though you don't like Lucario, your opinion is appreciated in the Lucario Shrine, as long as you can contribute good reasons and provide for a healthy debate instead of a senseless flamewar...the only person Lucario supporters truly hate is the_sandman...a while back, he posted a crude (yet disturbingly funny) picture of Lucario...well...you should just see for yourself...words cannot describe...as funny as it was, it was offensive, and he barely supported his hatred...and he bashed any supporter that tried to stop him...kinda like a fanboy, but reversed...

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
You know, it's great that we're getting all of this out...I think we can finally acknowledge each other's opinions...cuz I am more than willing to accept the fact that not everyone likes Lucario...but what does piss me off is people that just come in and say "I hate Lucario he sux"...you, on the other hand, presented backing to your opinion, and I respect that...

And btw...there were a couple anti-Lucario threads...I know at least one is open, it just hasn't been posted in in a while...and, even though you don't like Lucario, your opinion is appreciated in the Lucario Shrine, as long as you can contribute good reasons and provide for a healthy debate instead of a senseless flamewar...the only person Lucario supporters truly hate is the_sandman...a while back, he posted a crude (yet disturbingly funny) picture of Lucario...well...you should just see for yourself...words cannot describe...as funny as it was, it was offensive, and he barely supported his hatred...and he bashed any supporter that tried to stop him...kinda like a fanboy, but reversed...
Lol, I didn't make this thread so we can release all our feelings cinder, I made it so that I make sure that lucario isn't a PC in ssbb. I am willing to accept peoples opinions of course. It's just that I have to fight against them because they are not in my favour. I basically made this thread for a clean argument to show why lucario shouldn't be a PC. I don't hate lucario in such a way that I wish I could shoot him with a gun or anything, but I do hate him being a PC.

I never saw them, My apologies. Also I expected the lucario shrine to be more of a "shrine", not a debate thread. Yet again I'm sorry.

I'd love to see this so called funny picture of lucario just for the laughs. Send me a link via private message if you can :).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
In the movie, Mew doesn't actually appear that much. No where near as much as Lucario, the whole story revolves around Lucario, Mew is only the Macguffin.
Mew appears a lot in it, like at the start, the flashes to him and Pikachu, without him nothing in the movie would have happened and Kid would have never joined up with them. Mew is a central character.

The Champion using him was only one of my references to his popularity. I have never seen Metagross and the Mystery of Mew..
Dragonite was used by the champion too, he's a shoe in then!

Darkrai is also popular, but a Legendary starring in a Movie revolving around them doesn't really make them unique, there have been 9 already. Deny it all you want, but even Darkrai doesn't stand as much chance as Lucario does.
Darkrai is not that popular or well known and he is co-star in his movie to not one but two other Pokemon the much more well known and liked Diagla and Palkia.

Cinder

Smash Master
Mew appears a lot in it, like at the start, the flashes to him and Pikachu, without him nothing in the movie would have happened and Kid would have never joined up with them. Mew is a central character.

Dragonite was used by the champion too, he's a shoe in then!

Darkrai is not that popular or well known and he is co-star in his movie to not one but two other Pokemon the much more well known and liked Diagla and Palkia.
I'm only gonna get involved so you guys will shut up

First paragraph: and so is Lucario...the movie is about Lucario's backstory while simultaneously finding Mew.

Second: we meant Cynthia...

Third: Was this necessary?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
First: I am aware of this but I am saying that Mew is Lucario's co-star.

Second: I realise this too but I was referring to a more popular and well known champion, Lance.

Third: Not really =]

Cinder

Smash Master
Lol, I didn't make this thread so we can release all our feelings cinder, I made it so that I make sure that lucario isn't a PC in ssbb. I am willing to accept peoples opinions of course. It's just that I have to fight against them because they are not in my favour. I basically made this thread for a clean argument to show why lucario shouldn't be a PC. I don't hate lucario in such a way that I wish I could shoot him with a gun or anything, but I do hate him being a PC.

I never saw them, My apologies. Also I expected the lucario shrine to be more of a "shrine", not a debate thread. Yet again I'm sorry.

I'd love to see this so called funny picture of lucario just for the laughs. Send me a link via private message if you can :).
Yeah, I know...but we did, and it helped (at least to me...). Like I said, I respect you and your opinion, mainly because you backed it up with a good support. And that last sentence is awesome...glad you don't hate Lucario like that...

Dude, you don't have to apologize...the anti-Lucario threads are so old, people have just forgotten about them...and the shrine is somewhat of a debate thread...I'm sure Kaid had that in mind, but I could be wrong...

Done...check your inbox if you haven't already...it took me forever to find it...it's on, like, page 63 or whatever out of 116...

@Xianfeng:
First: Okay, jus' checking
Second: OIC...I knew you meant Lance, btw, I'm just sayin'
Third: ...'k'...

Top Bottom