• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Been on SWF for a Year Now

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Link to original post: [drupal=1278]I Been on SWF for a Year Now[/drupal]

So effective today, I've been on SWF for one year. I am an 08er. Remember that? Yeah, I lol too.

I think many 08ers have come and gone. Maybe they realized that they not really cut out for competitive Brawl. Maybe they were never really into competitive gaming at all and thought that SWF would just be a place of random Brawl talk. But many of us have stayed, persevered through the noobishness that noobs go through, learned the game that is known as Brawl.

So.... yeah, I don't really have much to say except for that I learned a lot about Brawl and I'm grateful for it, because I like learning. So yeah. Thank you.

finalark

SNORLAX
Yes, learning is good! We all must learn!

Okay, seriously now. Who knows why people leave SWF? Perhaps they didn't like the community, perhaps they really don't like Brawl, or perhaps they're all just a bunch of wimps and don't have the balls to handle competitive smash.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'd say they don't like the community. It goes kinda like this:

You get to SWF, and you're like, yay, lets learn about Smash! You learn about Smash for however long, and then if you're good you can answer questions from all the people learning still. After that, you just hang out and stuff, and when and if you get tired of Smash you have the Pool Room, and assuming you're really cool you'd be in the BRoom by then.

People who get tired are just like, Smash is boring, I quit.

Anyway, congratulations on being here for one year! I myself will have been here for one year in a few months...power to 08'ers!
09'ers are n00bs! Sorry, it's just the natural progression of things.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Good read, I guess some of the people that post her that was new at the time didn't get into Smash like that. Or they got powned by someone that mostly goes to this site. =P

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I'm not the most active user ever, but I have been here for a while, and I enjoy the site.
I'd say most people who quit going here just get tired of Brawl.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
...Lmfaoooooo. I swear I was and am in the process of making a thread just like this with the same exact name. @_@

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This thread is almost as useful as pliskin
Sir, this is a blog and you are hereby saying that you don't care about this person's feelings by making that post. I will report you to the staffs if you keep up with this cyber-bullying. And the pliskin thread is great too.

Please, realize that was all sarcasm. And welcome to SWF! You have a while to go before you get one year.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm not the most active user ever, but I have been here for a while, and I enjoy the site.
I'd say most people who quit going here just get tired of Brawl.
Nah, most active user would be me.

I also enjoy the site, I wouldn't spend my free time here if I didn't.
I never get tired of Brawl, but I'm quitting it to back in to competitve Melee since I was a pretty good Doc a few years back.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Hahahaha.

Too bad there are still many noobs who think their false fact opinions based from playing lvl 9 CPU are relevant in tournament play.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hahahaha.

Too bad there are still many noobs who think their false fact opinions based from playing lvl 9 CPU are relevant in tournament play.
Can I get a MaxfireXSA?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hahahaha.

It's not their fault that they don't have magic powers of a car. XD

kr3wman

Smash Master
'08 felt like a magic year for me. Joining for the brawl release, and then leaving, seeing as I couldn't get my hands on the game, and then coming in the summer for my first tournament and the first friends I made playing the game. Thatguy, Steb, Bentobox, Fizzi, Agora, Agony, Chet, Clet, Jer, and even Zaf and Fil. Oh, and all of the new people after me, like Sphyra, Stef, Maritlage, Kev, Dom, each and everyone of the no-namers at random tournaments, each and everyone of of the fights in my mind, their playstyle, I feel like I learnt a lot since my first tournament. But, amazingly, I never played Ally or Holy. Well, I did play Ally, but not his Snake. He was just smacking me around with any characters he wanted, so maybe I thought, I wasn't good at this, and I won't ever improve. Hell, I was even told I was not improving and maybe I should stop.

But I know I will. I know I can. This weekend, I wont backdown. I won't tell myself I'm gonna lose. I will go beyond what I have been going.

BUT GO****IT I HAD 3K POOOOOOSTS!!!

I guess the fact that I didn't spam character boards like other people really hurt the overall count.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've been here for like, 4 months. :(

Total Posts: 2,924
Posts Per Day: 30.82

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't spam. :)
I hang out in every character board, User Blogs, the OTL, Proving Grounds, General Brawl Discussion, Melee Discussion, and occasionally I drop by the Doc threads.

I just... post a lot. If I'm on for an hour a day, I post about 40 times. It's not that hard.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Straked must be a Post Quick Reply button beast.

Nothing wrong with mass posting so long as it isn't nonsense. Since he hasn't been banned, I guess it's mostly good.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's pretty much me contributing to character boards. Like, I hang out on the Ness, Lucas, Wario, Lucario, Mario boards. General Brawl discussion, and the OTL.

I run a few tournaments, lol. I'd have 5,000 posts if Meet and Greet's post count wasn't disabled.

D

Deleted member

I'd have about 700-800 if User Blogs counted! I basically live here!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is the best forum on the site. :laugh:
I joined at the wrong time...

D

Deleted member

I love this board also. I only respond to blogs, not usually write them.

D

Deleted member

I just went to post some 1 liners in the Pool Room to get 600 posts, since I've been at 598 for literally a week because I only post here.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It's not their fault that they don't have magic powers of a car. XD
No johns! That's why they invented Greyhound! (Hey I use it, I think others can/should.)

Also, congrats on 1 year here. I have to say, this site is great for learning the game... I joined I think 8-9 months ago and the improvement I've made is incredible... To say I used to think I was good before joining... :laugh:

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I've been here for nearly 8 years and most people have more posts than me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, Azua your just not a very openly social person though.

Not showing off, if I was I would laugh at your count.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Don't worry Chaco. I'll have more posts than you in a few weeks.
And you joined several months before me.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'd say they don't like the community. It goes kinda like this:

You get to SWF, and you're like, yay, lets learn about Smash! You learn about Smash for however long, and then if you're good you can answer questions from all the people learning still. After that, you just hang out and stuff, and when and if you get tired of Smash you have the Pool Room, and assuming you're really cool you'd be in the BRoom by then.

People who get tired are just like, Smash is boring, I quit.

Anyway, congratulations on being here for one year! I myself will have been here for one year in a few months...power to 08'ers!
09'ers are n00bs! Sorry, it's just the natural progression of things.
Well it's a good thing I've been lurking since '07 then, isn't it?

Top Bottom