• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct Recap

poisontongue

Smash Rookie
I wish they would have revealed something new besides a very expected Ganondorf (sans crazy mane).

Now Ganondorf for Smash please.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I have been waiting for Ganondorf with long hair for a while, and the HW design does not dissapoint. Still gonna get the Demon King costumes, along with the TP costumes for Link and Zelda.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wow, that Ganondorf design in that game looks great.

It'd be cool to see that being used in Smash Bros. 4 (if he's confirmed, that is).

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Samurai warlord Ganondorf I like I like, this needs to be an alt. costume in Smash 4 for sure.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
This isn't quite the game I was expecting it to be, but it's better than I thought it would be, nice.

Zant is in the game now...... I see they went with his crazy side... I prefered his stoic badass side, before Ganondork plot-jacked him to make him go crazy. No matter, I'll play him anyways, I like crazy/unpredictable characters too. I'm going to say this INCREDIBLY vaguely, but he reminds me of Jack from Power Stone because of the short curved blades and craziness, and he was one of my mains in that game (others being Wang Tang and Accel due to their speed [and Wang-Tang being a DBZ tribute when I used to watch DBZ]). He looks fun to play.
The only person left off the top of my head that I want to be playable is Vaati. I'm very curious to see how they will handle Vaati's design in the game if they add him.

That overworld map. Damn nostalgia, why do you make me love it soo much!?!?!? Glad that did that, nice nod to the original.

2 PLAYER CO-OP MODE ****ING YES!..... Wait only 2? Well that's good enough I suppose (but I love 4 player chaos! Looks like you won't be able to recreate Four Swords in Hyrule Warriors either). That was one of my main concerns, I'm glad it's getting co-op.

Why is Ganondork beating up his own minions? Or did that general decide to go off and make his own faction?

Chain Chomp as a weapon? What!? Awesome, but WHAT?!?!?! I know it's a reference to an older Zelda and Mario, but WHAAAAAATT?!?!?!?!?!?

After getting SSB4, I definitely want to get Hyrule Warriors next. Loving what I am seeing.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ganon apparently made a barter with Kratos for one of his blades.

God help us.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was underwhelmed by the lack of online play confirmation. Afterward I did a quick Google search and found that it had, in fact, been deconfirmed before the Nintendo Direct was even shown. Still, as someone who rarely has people over, lacking any sort of online co-op feature in a AAA title in 2014 seems... well, underwhelming.

I'm excited about the game as a whole, but I'm worried about how long I'll be able to play it alone and still have fun with it. Huge missed opportunity, Nintendo.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I'd be okay with Ganon having this look and this moveset in Smash.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it will make more sense in the context of a "visceral story" as p4rgaming might put it, but all the characters from Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword I really couldn't care about (besides Midna and Ganondorf, if he counts for those games, as well). I wish there was more representation from older Zelda games. What about that rat camera guy from Link's Awakening DX? What about the old guy from the first Zelda? What about the raccoon with a machine gun from Guardians of the Galaxy? Why not throw a few prophets in there? Why hasn't L. Ron entered the fray?

But anyway, the inclusion of Agatha, Fi, and "lackeys" like Zant and Ghirahim who weren't even good enough to be the real final bosses of their games, might make more sense in the context of the narrative. I dunno.

I remember there was a cat in Twilight Princess. I wanna play as the cat.

Last edited:

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
Wait ... if Ganondorf join Smash this time, it will be his 3rd and Ganondorf has Super Sayian 3 hair .. coincidence ? I think NOTT !

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I wish the NA release date was sooner. I am eagerly awaiting this game, but my excitement for it pales in comparison to Smash on 3DS which comes out a week and a half later. I guess it will help me stay off the internet and avoid spoilers.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
LOL then you better hope that the Triforce mod or Smash 4 does it. not having Captain Ganondorf might upset the smash purists, no matter how utterly amazing his reveal and moveset is in this
lol I never liked Ganon being a Captain Falcon clone. It doesn't make sense why a Demon King Dark Lord would have the same moveset as a bounty hunter from the future. lol

If Ganon turns SSJ4 he'll turn into a giant pig right?

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I was underwhelmed by the lack of online play confirmation. Afterward I did a quick Google search and found that it had, in fact, been deconfirmed before the Nintendo Direct was even shown. Still, as someone who rarely has people over, lacking any sort of online co-op feature in a AAA title in 2014 seems... well, underwhelming.

I'm excited about the game as a whole, but I'm worried about how long I'll be able to play it alone and still have fun with it. Huge missed opportunity, Nintendo.
In my eyes, if you're in a room by yourself, whether you're playing online with somebody or not, you're still playing it alone.

What about Alfonzo? Let's let Alfonzo get into this game. Toon Link's world could use some representation without making things weird for the main characters by using Toon Link or *SPOILER ALERT*

Tetra.

*END SPOILER*

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In my eyes, if you're in a room by yourself, whether you're playing online with somebody or not, you're still playing it alone.
That's nice. In my eyes, playing with someone is playing with someone regardless of location. I currently live on the West Coast. Most of my friends live in Ohio. My little brother, who wants to play this with me badly, lives a few hours away.

All I'm asking is for Nintendo to take online gaming a little more seriously. Online games are primarily what allowed Xbox to steal me away from the Wii last gen. I was genuinely hoping this generation would be different, but Mario Kart barely allows voice chat and SM3DW/NSMBU/Hyrule Warriors all lack online co-op, despite every one of them having fully functional local co-op. It's very frustrating, as a Nintendo fan with very few local gaming friends.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

What about Alfonzo? Let's let Alfonzo get into this game. Toon Link's world could use some representation without making things weird for the main characters by using Toon Link or *SPOILER ALERT*

Tetra.

*END SPOILER*
First of that wouldn't really work since what would happen if link and alfonzo are fighting
Secondly how is that a spoiler?

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
First of that wouldn't really work since what would happen if link and alfonzo are fighting
Secondly how is that a spoiler?
1) Then Link and Alfonzo will fight. Bad guys will be slain by both Link and Alfonzo's sword. What of it?

2) *SPOILER ALERT*

Tetra is Zelda.

*END SPOILER*

Top Bottom