• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct Recap

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
as someone who's never played a dynasty warriors game, I must say I am looking forward to this game. I wasn't before but the direct hyped me for this game.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Hyrule Warriors is nothing more than a Dynasty Warrior game with a Zelda skin.
That being said
+
=

being playable=

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Pic of the day. Here's Ganondorf, from The Legend of Zelda series! Sorry we took so long to reveal the evil king who weilds the Triforce of Power, we've also not only updated his features to be in HD be he now weilds two swords.

On another note, we've also planned to live stream yet another character this time around. The live stream will be this Friday 7 A.M PCT. and 10 A.M EST. Hope you enjoy this month of Smash, because next moth we have a HUGE surprise for you!

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Pic of the day. Here's Ganondorf, from The Legend of Zelda series! Sorry we took so long to reveal the evil king who weilds the Triforce of Power, we've also not only updated his features to be in HD be he now weilds two swords.

On another note, we've also planned to live stream yet another character this time around. The live stream will be this Friday 7 A.M PCT. and 10 A.M EST. Hope you enjoy this month of Smash, because next moth we have a HUGE surprise for you!
Where did you hear this? :0

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wow.

My heart sank a bit when I heard what I still cannot entirely confirm I heard, that they seem to only be taking characters from the three games listed.
It would make sense to an extent, choosing the biggest game each of the last three Nintendo Home Console Systems.

Yet this seems unfair to some of the bigger games to me. When they mentioned something later about having stage representation from other games, and having 'characters to unlock,' I certainly became hopeful that they did not reveal everything in that regard.

Mostly because choosing Zant over Vaati is a crime.
Here's to us, here's to the Lord, and here's to the day!

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
omfg!!! he looks so sexy! so strong! so AMAZING!!!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This. Very sad the Toon series characters don't get a Hyrule Warriors make over to be included; particularly because Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventures, Spirit Tracks and especially Wind Waker are my favourites.

That said, I'd certainly be down with having both Vaati and Zant, and the latter looks far better than I imagined he would in this.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
This is the best Ganondorf design ever.
I would love too see this Ganondorf in Smash4 but sadly
thats not gonna happen.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Wow if Gannon was like that in smash 4 I wouldn't even care if he was another sword user because the way he looks in this game is so badass.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wow.

My heart sank a bit when I heard what I still cannot entirely confirm I heard, that they seem to only be taking characters from the three games listed.
It would make sense to an extent, choosing the biggest game each of the last three Nintendo Home Console Systems.

Yet this seems unfair to some of the bigger games to me. When they mentioned something later about having stage representation from other games, and having 'characters to unlock,' I certainly became hopeful that they did not reveal everything in that regard.

While I agree that it's not favourable, you do have to think about it a little more laterally. OoT, SS and especially TP fit the art style of Hyrule Warriors a lot better, and the toon games unfortunately suffer from colourful graphics. This isn't to say that I don't like the art style in the Zelda games; I think it works very well. Unlike Smash Bros., though, having a select few characters in the toon art style just wouldn't work in the glorious detailed graphics which Hyrule Warriors has to offer. While characters such as Makar would work well in the detailed HD graphics, other characters which would be necessary inclusions if they were taking inspiration from the toon games such as Tetra and Medli would really not work and would be detrimental to their character as a whole.

What I really want is a Toon Expansion Pack. All of the characters could be reworked into the cartoon art style (they can rip a lot of the graphics from Wind Waker HD, as it is on the Wii U already) and then characters from those games can appear in their own toon stages. I've only played Wind Waker of the toon games, but already I can see Toon Link, Tetra, Toon Zelda (we have Sheik on his own so this works!), Alfonzo, Toon Ganon, Cyclos, Makar, Medli, King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, Vaati and maybe that green hat from I believe the Minish Cap. He looks like a bird and is the game's Midna or Navi. Anyway, if the Toon expansion pack was created a few months after release (maybe in time for Christmas actually) and was sold for 15-20 pounds (not sure what that is in dollars) some serious money would be made IMO, and I would get a lot of enjoyment from it!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'll admit, I wasn't really interested in this game until about now. That Ganondorf looks completely, 100%, over-the-freaking-top AWESOME!!! Ghirahim and Zant are nice touches, too. I'm not a big Legend of Zelda player, but these characters look amazing. I'll have to pick this game up. I'm gonna play Ganondorf the entire freaking time!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He needs those dual swords in smash, they'll pretty much have to keep the twilight princess because of link and zelda, but this also needs to be an alt

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
Why is game so anime-y?! I don't really think this is Zelda fans really appeal ( unless your into that kind of fanservice). And :ganondorfmelee: looks like he's trying to go SSJ3! (Yea I know there are costumes)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Ganon is going insaiyan!!!

Love the New Ganon. Best ganon ever is like Demise fuse with TP Ganon and become HW Ganon, you have, perfection for my eyes.

The hair, the power, the two swords, is dark magic and those golden bracelet of fists.
BEST. GANON. EVER.

Im hype too for the chicken army that you can tame and my GAWDS A FREAKING CHAIN CHOMP IN HYRULE WARRIOS AS A WEAPON JUST LIKE IN MARIO RPG!!!! THAT chain chomp make my day too.

Chain chomp, Chicken army and gate of chickens and Freaking saiyan Lu-Bu badass hair Ganon!

Last edited:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
This direct was ok, but I knew most of this going in. Still hoping for Malon beating the dark army up with cowbells.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
That is the exact Ganondorf I want in Smash, the double swords would be a perfect way to switch up his moveset and move away from CF

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
The whole direct got me hyped for this game. the designs, the animation, the gameplay... just... really? No Groose? Really?

JUST CATER TO THE FANBASE JUST A LITTLE MORE GUYS, COME ON!

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I liked everything shown in the direct. It's obvious they're keeping cards in their back pocket, and while I would have liked to see more I guess if I had a Wii U this would certainly have been enough for me to buy it.

el_profe

Smash Cadet
Sad Majora's Mask or Wind Waker didn't get any representation. Tetra, Skull Kid, and the Happy Mask Salesman would have been fun to play as.

Anyways, hyped for this game!
I agree. I really wanted some Wind Waker nods...my favorite Zelda game. Still...the whole game is a love letter to LoZ, so I'm happy. I planned to buy it digitally, but I don't know if I get DLC that way?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
"Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct Recap"

"This is only a glimpse of what was featured in the Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct today, so be sure to watch it for the entire run-down."

Ok now that wasn't a recap, I've been tricked. I DEMAND A REFUND !!!!!!!

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
Since Ganondorf has been out of some games for a while, he grew his hair out .... Makes sense to me !

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I really wish Sakurai would have shown off Falcondorf before Captain Falcon and said "What? Did you expect him to have swords this time around? You mean like this?" And then he shows Captain Falcon with long flowing hair and two deadly blades. So much troll.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm going to be so mad if we can only get the DLC through pre orders at different retailers. That's what it sounds like. I hate that so much. Just let us purchase it online at least. OOT set from Best Buy, or TP set from Target, or SS set from GameStop. Don't do this to people. Nintendo fans are loyal customers. Either put all the costumes together and make it one pre order deal, or give one set in the preorder and put the others online for purchase.

Top Bottom