• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Hyrule Warrior - The Sheik Matchup Database

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Someone please find a better image for Sheik dittos

A_Kae

Smash Ace

elmike

Smash Apprentice
I'll instead answer this as characters that do well against sheik

Mario
Rosalina
Pikachu
Meta knight
Yoshi (against aggressive Sheiks)
Fox is okay too I guess.
Why Yoshi only against aggressive Sheiks?

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/threads/vs-sheik-matchup-discussion-and-analysis.422136/
Hey guys. Any :4marth: vs :4sheik: insight? A_Kae A_Kae opened up a discussion thread for this match up a little while ago found in the link above. I'd like to get a decent understanding of what makes sheik tick when she's up against marth. The neutral game against sheik in particular is what bothers me. She makes me feel like marth's disjoints aren't really disjoints. Anyway, our discussion thread on this matchup is still empty if anyone wants to share over there. Thanks guys!

Caedus

Smash Cadet
I need some help against Jigglypuff. Between her really good aerial mobility, long-lasting hitboxes on her fair and bair, and her lack of weight keeping me from stringing any sort of combo together, I can't get any momentum going. I also feel like I get hit by rest way more than is normal. Can anyone give me some advice?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Are there any actual struggles you guys have vs. Ike mains?

Also, what's the matchup ratio for Mario vs. Sheik?

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Ryuga's Ike scared me in bracket

When it comes to Mario its controversial. Some say Sheik wins, some say its even

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Are there any actual struggles you guys have vs. Ike mains?

Also, what's the matchup ratio for Mario vs. Sheik?
To quote anti about the mario sheik matchup

'Sheik can't really pressure him free. plus he has d-throw to uptilt/upair combos on her since she's perfect combo weight, I usually approach Sheik when she doesn't have any needles charged. But Sheik players thrive off grabs the most so they will Charge needles then cancel it into dash grabs, so once you know the spacing of sheik's dash grabs the MU becomes pretty evenish'.

There isnt anything particular that I struggle with vs Ike, he hits hard sheik and again, perfect design for getting combos on top of being light. Jumping is really bad for Ike in this matchup because of how fast sheik's aerials come out compared to ikes

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
To quote anti about the mario sheik matchup

'Sheik can't really pressure him free. plus he has d-throw to uptilt/upair combos on her since she's perfect combo weight, I usually approach Sheik when she doesn't have any needles charged. But Sheik players thrive off grabs the most so they will Charge needles then cancel it into dash grabs, so once you know the spacing of sheik's dash grabs the MU becomes pretty evenish'.

There isnt anything particular that I struggle with vs Ike, he hits hard sheik and again, perfect design for getting combos on top of being light. Jumping is really bad for Ike in this matchup because of how fast sheik's aerials come out compared to ikes
Do you feel his ground game thwarts Sheik's aerial game? Pivot grabs and DTilts on her landing, or jabs? Ike's jab can trade with Sheik's Fair, though not always.

Zubatman27

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zubatcontrol
Do you feel his ground game thwarts Sheik's aerial game? Pivot grabs and DTilts on her landing, or jabs? Ike's jab can trade with Sheik's Fair, though not always.
If you need Sheik MU practice I can play you. I also can give you tips on the MU

Last edited:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Yeah I'd have more trouble if you stayed on the ground more, sheik on the rise does not having nearly as many followups with as much reward as sheik on the fall (empty hops, falling fairs to say the least). Ike jab trading with sheik fair probably isnt worth it. Pivot grabs and dtilts are good. Sheik dies early and doesnt have any raw safe kill moves.

Although with an optimised and as powerful sheik as Vinnie, it is certainly a massive ask but Ryuga did a really good attempt against Zero

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Sheik Cloud is 70:30 sheik's favour calling it

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
From the trailer it seems like clouds side b beats bouncing fish lol wake me up

Also there is no way were using bouncing fish over his projectile

I'll wait until he's out to see what's it gonna be like....but if daddy sakurai designed him to specifically counter sheik...

We might be in trouble boys

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
From the trailer it seems like clouds side b beats bouncing fish lol wake me up

Also there is no way were using bouncing fish over his projectile

I'll wait until he's out to see what's it gonna be like....but if daddy sakurai designed him to specifically counter sheik...

We might be in trouble boys
You're catastrophizing lol. They put out Ryu, a character that has a super easy hit confirm into a Shoryu that kills at 70 and the MU still isn't even. Nothing's gonna come close to how busted our character is.

If this video shows anything (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-PtKZCjkQo) its that Cloud has some slow ass normals, plus a very lackluster horizontal recovery. Sheik F-air strings > everything else.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Hello, the Roy Boards are discussing the Sheik MU, and we would appreciate your input!

Click here to visit our Sheik MU thread!
Click here to visit our general MU thread directory!

R0m4n

Smash Rookie
NNID
DerRoman
How do you guys fight Shulk ?
I have many problems against him because he outranges me everytime with nair and i can't get in.

Do you have any tips for that matchup ?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Peach is giving people trouble. Here in SoCal SlayerZ (Peach) cleaned house against all but Void (Sheik) and the matchup did not look clearly like Void's advantage the way they played. Over in Japan when we sent American players over they used Umeki (Peach) to destroy Vinnie (Sheik). I also personally have a "rivalry" with someone because my secondaries do better against his Peach (Mario/Villager) than my main (Sheik).

The peach boards on the sheik matchup discussion mention a LOT of options for dealing with Sheik recovery and Sheik fair in neutral. And they're surprisingly strong options. Needles just get floated over in neutral as well while gap-closing on us. Our kill combo percent range on Peach if she DI's correctly is either less than 20% (rage dependent) or non-existent. SlayerZ consistently DI'd out of tipper Uairs that Void barely reached on his dthrow/ftilt setups in their set.

Anyone else think Peach is a problem for us? Her retreating fair even beats bouncing fish for Christ's sake.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
How do you guys fight Shulk ?
I have many problems against him because he outranges me everytime with nair and i can't get in.

Do you have any tips for that matchup ?
Sticking to the grounded shield/needles/dashes/walking and dash punishes tends to make his life a nightmare. Also keep in mind you can do better true combos on him if he switches to Buster/Shield so freestyle on him a bit if you land a hit there.

His offstage is misery unless he saves jump monado, which he will. If he does, watch what he does with it (go onstage or go over to upB from below). If you are dealing with his upB you can stage spike him and probably even do more off of that given he techs/jumptechs. If you are dealing with his jump on to stage just make his landing experience misery.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Peach is giving people trouble. Here in SoCal SlayerZ (Peach) cleaned house against all but Void (Sheik) and the matchup did not look clearly like Void's advantage the way they played. Over in Japan when we sent American players over they used Umeki (Peach) to destroy Vinnie (Sheik). I also personally have a "rivalry" with someone because my secondaries do better against his Peach (Mario/Villager) than my main (Sheik).

The peach boards on the sheik matchup discussion mention a LOT of options for dealing with Sheik recovery and Sheik fair in neutral. And they're surprisingly strong options. Needles just get floated over in neutral as well while gap-closing on us. Our kill combo percent range on Peach if she DI's correctly is either less than 20% (rage dependent) or non-existent. SlayerZ consistently DI'd out of tipper Uairs that Void barely reached on his dthrow/ftilt setups in their set.

Anyone else think Peach is a problem for us? Her retreating fair even beats bouncing fish for Christ's sake.
One of our best players in my scene is a famous Peach main and ever since I figured out the mu he seems to really struggle with it, and for that I believe the MU is easily in our favour, at least 60:40.

Our fair can easily beat out any option Peach likes to throw. Needles can be floated over, sure, but that doesn't really mean sheik just loses the neutral, cuz our fair still beats all her aerials except Fair which is slower than our own fair by a lot. I found dthrow > uair to work really well so I wanna know how slayerz is DIing away from it tbh.

My only gripe with Peach is that she's floaty and it's hard to combo floaties as sheik sometimes.

Last edited:

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Been having issues with fighting Kirby's lately. Got sent to losers by one first, than knocked out by one. I would normally try to force them to approach with needles (Kirby doesn't have the best neutral game), but they crouch under everything. I usually charge needles and then cancel into grab, but they down tilt when they see me approach. Any advice?

Zubatman27

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zubatcontrol
Been having issues with fighting Kirby's lately. Got sent to losers by one first, than knocked out by one. I would normally try to force them to approach with needles (Kirby doesn't have the best neutral game), but they crouch under everything. I usually charge needles and then cancel into grab, but they down tilt when they see me approach. Any advice?
Theres some kirby info above just keep scrolling

Top Bottom